AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-04, 22:04   Link #821
Kairi_Jenn
Female Plot Device

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
Well, maybe this is specific to Dualshock controllers, but there's a button in the center of the controller marked "Analog" that controls whether the other buttons give analog or digital output. You have to press the button to put it in analog mode before it will work with Umineko.
RIGHT. Thank you!
Old 2011-01-05, 01:48   Link #822
Arachanox
Trust the red.

Lucifer is the most overpowered character by far.

Seriously.

I mean my god. Why did they even release the game with her? The A.I. for the other characters rarely more than a 4 combo at this level, yet Lucifer pulls of ~900 damage combos practically every time it attempts one.

Oh yeah, the computer also has ungodly inhuman blocking responses, that attacking is practically a joke for me. Nothing will *ever* get through.

(Stuck on normal mode Shannon/Beatrice at the final battle against Lucifer/Beatrice, and no, I'm not a fighting game player.)
Old 2011-01-05, 01:53   Link #823
Yopee
Zurajanai! Katsura da!

Lucifer AI is quite vulnerable in the air though. Try intercepting her in the air before she does them long combos.
She also rushes at you very obviously no matter how far away she is from you when she wants to start a ground combo. That should be another good hint.
Old 2011-01-05, 01:55   Link #824
Arachanox
Trust the red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yopee View Post
Lucifer AI is quite vulnerable in the air though. Try intercepting her in the air before she does them long combos.
She also rushes at you very obviously no matter how far away she is from you when she wants to start a ground combo. That should be another good hint.
Hah, air attacks. I'll get back to you in a month when I'm actually good enough to see their ground charge coming and physically have enough reaction time to jump, let alone attack in response to her demigodic speed.

And attacking from a distance as she charges is impossible, she will close the distance immediately no matter where she is or with her retarded teleport attack that you can't predict at all.

But thanks for the advice, I will certainly try (what is it? my seventh attempt?)
Old 2011-01-05, 01:59   Link #825
Yopee
Zurajanai! Katsura da!

You could use a projectile attack to fend off Luci's ground rush if she's far away.

lol well at least the Beatrice's AI basically just likes to turtle and meta-field tower spam. She's basically harmless as long as you can cancel her meta-fields.

I find it kind of unfair how Beatrice can't crouch It makes dodging hits so much harder sometimes.
Old 2011-01-05, 02:00   Link #826
Arachanox
Trust the red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yopee View Post
You could use a projectile attack to fend off Luci's ground rush if she's far away.

lol well at least the Beatrice's AI basically just likes to turtle and meta-field tower spam. She's basically harmless as long as you can cancel her meta-fields.
Well, on my eighth attempt I finally got it. Shannon shield spam and Beatrice stake spam save the day

Thank you for your advice though, I will certainly train more using air attacks for hard difficulty.

edit: Also, what is your basic playstyle? As Beatrice/Shannon, I start with Beatrice and attack with her in order to build up SP. Then I regular touch out to Shannon and use four or five shield or barrier SP attacks with my enemy in a corner. When Shannon runs out, I switch to Beatrice and continue to use stake SP attacks until I need to return to Shannon. While my playstyle is basic and maybe a bit cheap, I do my best to always take advantage of Beatrice's Infinity SP, so I feel at least little bit sophisticated ^^"
Old 2011-01-05, 03:08   Link #827
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
A question: is it possible to extract the sprites from the game files?

Anyway I've been playing the game and so far it's been great. My only real complaint is that CPU Virgilia and Siesta 410 are complete cheaps. Virgilia keeps throwing gungnir spears at any given chance and 410 is no better with her arrows. Otherwise it's very well made. Animation flows smoothly (only time there's a slowdown on my end is during the transitions to and out of meta-world), dialogue is amusing, and the difficulty is just it should be depending on what you pick.
At least most characters can duck Chiester 410's arrows. You can even close the distance if your character has a slide kick.
Old 2011-01-05, 03:23   Link #828
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
At least most characters can duck Chiester 410's arrows. You can even close the distance if your character has a slide kick.
The fact that ducking doesn't work for everyone is rather silly I think. I know Beatrice and Virgilia can't duck it, but not too sure on who else can't.

And I do agree that Lucifer can be overpowering. My first run of the game was with Shannon and Kanon, with Beatrice and Lucifer as my opponents for the end. Dear god, I think I replayed that level a dozen times because Lucifer kept killing me. And this was on easy mode. But after the first time you get use to it and it's easier to win. I cleared all the story modes within 24 hours I think.
Old 2011-01-05, 06:34   Link #829
Byakurenai

Can somebody tell me how can i set diagonal buttons for player 2? I want to play this game with my friend and we are using 2 Playstation 3 game pads.
All the other controls work just fine. please help!
Old 2011-01-05, 06:59   Link #830
Milfeulle9001

Completed arcade mode with all the characters that have a story.

Zepar and Furfur are yet to be unlocked in the announcer thingy. ( ´A`)
Old 2011-01-05, 07:14   Link #831
m0h

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
Yes, and it works pretty well. All the buttons are recognized, unlike the SF4 gamepad I tried.

Oh, but you do need to have the "analog" button on for the D-pad to register input, for some reason.
I don't know if it matters, but i run the pc program that maps ps3 inputs also for the ps2 pad. Since they are similar in design, apart from the wireless feature, the little ps3 tool should work the same ( infacts the console window says "Found 8 Bus" or something similar. So the analog switch botton, when pressed, switch smothly from analog and digital mode.
Old 2011-01-05, 07:33   Link #832
Serpit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milfeulle9001 View Post

Battler looks like he lost a brow somewhere.
Old 2011-01-05, 08:12   Link #833
Nanashi_1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milfeulle9001 View Post

Congrats. I too completed it (and posted all the ones that have a story).

Also, I have the same problem as you, as I can't unlock the announcer. I've beaten the Arcade in all difficulties, played an Online match, beaten the Versus in all difficulties and against a player. I really don't know what to do now

Also, in case someone pre-ordered from amiami, I received an e-mail that it's ready to send. In case someone bought the game.
Old 2011-01-05, 08:24   Link #834
neutrino

Here's a review from Tenka Seiha.
Old 2011-01-05, 08:27   Link #835
Racheya-sama
Witch of Ambition

Send a message via MSN to Racheya-sama
Are the ending CG's knocking about somewhere? I'd like to see the ones I've done again since the game doesn't have a gallery or anything =/

Am I the only one that thinks saying
'Red only tells the truth', to prove that it does, is a bit redundant?

I am Racheya-Beatrice, the Emerald Witch of Ambition
Old 2011-01-05, 09:21   Link #836
Nanashi_1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino View Post
Here's a review from Tenka Seiha.
He's right there. Some combos using EX moves does little damage. Unless you abuse the Dizzy system and/or Tag system, you're not going to see combos that does a lot of damage. Using dash cancel is good if you plan to do combos with one character IMO (Lucifer is the best for that).

Projectiles are fine IMO. What I don't like is that you can stop the level 2 supers after it connects with delayed attacks (seagulls from Shannon and Satan from Ange). It makes no sense, specially when this attack only hurts after the entire attack is finished. It's frustrating when you see 2 bars wasted for this stupid reason. And there's no originality in those moves, they are all similar (only Beatrice and Virigilia makes them a little more unique).

Also, backwards dash is abused by the AI in the corner (for some reason the invincibility lasts too long), which makes the AI unhittable all the time unless you abuse the weak attack. That, and that the AI loves to block even in Hard makes some fights quite frustrating when you capture the AI in the corner (which is easy). Thanks God I always put time limit, else it's a boring match of guard break all the time.

I think the combo system needs a little work for some characters, too. Some character hardly have combos to rely. Even some characters aren't really good for Tag system. The best one, again, is Lucifer who can even Tag in the middle of a special.

I hope a new patch is released soon to change the gameplay a little and hopefully to add Bern.
Old 2011-01-05, 09:43   Link #837
Racheya-sama
Witch of Ambition

Send a message via MSN to Racheya-sama
Thanks to who posted the links to the links to sprites! I made these two animations for now from them It's a shame I can't make Siesta410 with her bow otherwise I could have her spamming FIYAH like in game >.<

Am I the only one that thinks saying
'Red only tells the truth', to prove that it does, is a bit redundant?

I am Racheya-Beatrice, the Emerald Witch of Ambition
Old 2011-01-05, 11:20   Link #838
Nanashi_1337

If people wants to see Battler/Ange ending:

Spoiler for Battler/Ange ending:

If someone understands what happened, I will be really happy. I have an idea, but I want to be sure I'm right.
Old 2011-01-05, 12:03   Link #839
Ichijo

This game has quite a few flaws and not enough variety\uniqueness for each character, but as the first version of a doujin game it's not bad and has potential to be good.

Hard AI is hard, though. Kanon + Eva doing a 2.5 damage combo off a poke are pain to deal with.
Old 2011-01-05, 12:30   Link #840
CrimsonMoonMist

The characters themselves have variety,
it's just that once you get into a combo, it basically becomes the same 'ABC dash-cancel/tag ABC meta-cancel ABC super' deal.
If combos actually relied more on character unique moves, it wouldn't really have been a problem.
And i personally thought the AI was rather weak considering the only offline mode we have to joke around in is arcade.
Closed Thread