AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2015-03-08, 17:02   Link #841
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
to be fair, there are many unused gimmicks of an MS in the entire franchise that if you blink & miss, this largely due to budget constraints or last minute cooking in redesigning or even a combination of both which is sometimes being exclusive to the toys & model kits, or the more sinister way is Bandai secretly trying to souped up a certain design that is not in the original work so it will sell more, the G-Arcane was like "hey boss, this unit looks boring & will not sell well, lets steroid it so it does not look dull!"

one of the most infamous examples?: the rare usage rifle storage racks, if you noticed in several series, a certain MS threw away its rifle before switching to melee weapons tactics, it is plausible if the rife is unusable due to damage, destroyed, or out of ammo that you have to go last ditch Rambo on it, the funny part is you see an MS threw away its still perfectly good functioning rifle like a Frisbee instead of storing it just to go CQC makes my head scratch, it is much funnier if the battle took place in an urban area or in the Earth's skies, where the heck did the rifle landed is a mystery since they are shown able to retrieve it later, the model kits somehow managed to get realistically & believably right strangely compared to its on screen counterpart, Gunpla has more imagination?

not counted as unused gimmick: animation errors
Funny thing is AGE was actually very good in this regard, the MS are often seen with their rifles stored when not in use in favor of other weapons
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-23, 17:23   Link #842
bastek66

Tomino will debut as seiyuu in last episode of G-Reco
Old 2015-03-23, 19:49   Link #843
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Remember the ED where everyone seems to be bliss in heaven?

Well,

THEY'RE GOING THERE NOW.
Old 2015-03-29, 11:51   Link #844
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
even big daddy Tomino himself doesn't know how to create Gundam, heck anime in general anymore,
looking forward to another garbage that is the next new Gundam show, sigh......
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 14:16   Link #845
Jestersage

Does anyone know how the Japanese fans react to the series overall?

I can only fear what this means, if the comment on G-reco on that side is as bad on this side of Pacific -- We will instead see more Gundam Build Fighters instead, or they will really go either Fukada and make a mockery of itself, or go with Gen Urobutcher.

Last edited by Jestersage; 2015-03-29 at 14:27.
Jestersage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 14:40   Link #846
kuroihikari2

I don't like Urobuchi. At all. But if he had made G-Reco it would still have been better than what we got.
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 18:59   Link #847
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestersage View Post
Does anyone know how the Japanese fans react to the series overall?

I can only fear what this means, if the comment on G-reco on that side is as bad on this side of Pacific -- We will instead see more Gundam Build Fighters instead, or they will really go either Fukada and make a mockery of itself, or go with Gen Urobutcher.
We are probably going to see more Build Fighters whether you like it or not. The show does reasonably well and does really well in terms of gunpla sales.

As for what lies in the future, who knows
Old 2015-03-29, 21:44   Link #848
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

I don;t know about you guys, but I';m rewatching this from the start.

I might have missed some details that I didnt notice.
Old 2015-03-31, 18:53   Link #849
VyseLegendaire
Sky Pirate

Send a message via MSN to VyseLegendaire
I loved G-Reco. What sort of crack-rocks are you critics smoking? Tomino has and always will be an insane and inane bastard. And God bless him for that.

9/10.

G + : http://goo.gl/KLYOEf
GFAQs : http://goo.gl/deehk9
Disqus : http://goo.gl/CNvEDt
VyseLegendaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-31, 20:05   Link #850
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by VyseLegendaire View Post
I loved G-Reco. What sort of crack-rocks are you critics smoking? Tomino has and always will be an insane and inane bastard. And God bless him for that.

9/10.
We don't smoke crack, well at least I don't lulz
Old 2015-04-01, 10:42   Link #851
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

i am still not sure about the target demographic that Tomino is trying to aim here, unlike say ZZ Gundam, Level-5's AGE is like a demographic confusion, is it like trying to appeal to the Inuzuma Eleven & Danball Senki crowd? or Level-5's first aim to get into the mature audience?

unlike the weird ass comedic goofy-ness of G-Reco, mostly on the earlier arcs, which sometimes turn people off, AGE is trying hard to show show that this is a war drama filled with cruel & suffering, Tomino's writing in this is almost bordering on becoming a mainstream shounen anime instead of the feel of his past works, which does not involve his depression of course,

still both AGE & G-Reco has a really good concept despite the former being an flop, unlike SEED Destiny who is a commercial success despite its terrible flaws, so any news on how G-Reco is doing?

also both still AGE & G-Reco has awesome looking gunpla, shame that they canceled the MG Gafran.......

also Tomino is unlike his past self, he is now a happy camper, which i am not sure affected his current works, including Turn A & the Zeta New Translation movies, if you want to expect G-Reco becoming an emo fest, still G-Reco's ending is 4uck you, i'm outta here.
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"

Last edited by Patriot's Blade; 2015-04-01 at 10:56.
Old 2015-04-01, 12:08   Link #852
Jestersage

So here's the question then: Is there an OVA/movie/S2 planned for G-Reco?

If there is, that means it's doing well.

If not, that means this is kind of like Tomino's last struggle. The problem is that if they want to target kid demographic, Build Fighters dominated, and if they want "serious"? They just need to sign Urobutcher on. Kinda sad, but expected.
Jestersage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-01, 12:18   Link #853
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestersage View Post
So here's the question then: Is there an OVA/movie/S2 planned for G-Reco?

If there is, that means it's doing well.

If not, that means this is kind of like Tomino's last struggle. The problem is that if they want to target kid demographic, Build Fighters dominated, and if they want "serious"? They just need to sign Urobutcher on. Kinda sad, but expected.
I was sure I heard that Sunrise/Bandai honored Tomino by allowing him to make a new Gundam series whatever & however he wants (with a certain limitations on episode-number and budget, of course) to celebrate Gundam anniversary (much like Tun-A) and G-Reco is what we got. I predict that we’ll never get any OVA or movie continuation for G-Reco, but it might get a some “compilation movies” like Turn-A did.
Old 2015-04-01, 14:13   Link #854
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
i am still not sure about the target demographic that Tomino is trying to aim here, unlike say ZZ Gundam, Level-5's AGE is like a demographic confusion, is it like trying to appeal to the Inuzuma Eleven & Danball Senki crowd? or Level-5's first aim to get into the mature audience?

unlike the weird ass comedic goofy-ness of G-Reco, mostly on the earlier arcs, which sometimes turn people off, AGE is trying hard to show show that this is a war drama filled with cruel & suffering, Tomino's writing in this is almost bordering on becoming a mainstream shounen anime instead of the feel of his past works, which does not involve his depression of course,

still both AGE & G-Reco has a really good concept despite the former being an flop, unlike SEED Destiny who is a commercial success despite its terrible flaws, so any news on how G-Reco is doing?

also both still AGE & G-Reco has awesome looking gunpla, shame that they canceled the MG Gafran.......

also Tomino is unlike his past self, he is now a happy camper, which i am not sure affected his current works, including Turn A & the Zeta New Translation movies, if you want to expect G-Reco becoming an emo fest, still G-Reco's ending is 4uck you, i'm outta here.
Whoa, it's kind of hard to understand you as you're all over the place, specifically the first two paragraphs.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-01, 14:41   Link #855
wm4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I was sure I heard that Sunrise/Bandai honored Tomino by allowing him
to make a new Gundam series whatever & however he wants (with a certain
limitations on episode-number and budget, of course) to ....
I'm not so sure. It seemed likely that Tomino agreed to put Arcade MA form
in the animations, but somehow he didn't. Perhaps the agreements was broken
in the middle when the Lucifier incident happened, Tomino made the people
to do so much hypes with G-Lucifer but at the end of the day he is going to
give it to Noredo, who is not a pilot-class character, so Bandai was pissed off
and amended the setting without Tomino's consent....
wm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-02, 06:27   Link #856
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

so did they explain whatever happened to all the O'Neil cylinder islands space colonies that was littered all over the place, including the former Zeon homelands, the martian & the Jupiter ones back from the U.C. calendar eras?

they are seem to be absent here instead we only see the ring types (the nuts) linked to the space elevator, that temple-thing, Bellri & Aida's birthplace which is fused to an astroid orbiting our moon, & the Venus Globe types,

did something happened to them long after Victory Gundam or something? that along with the other astroid colonies such as Palau & Pezun, then the forever traveling Jupiter fleet ships which Judau finally became one of their leaders.

Last edited by Patriot's Blade; 2015-04-02 at 06:39.
Old 2015-04-16, 22:32   Link #857
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I have not watched this gig yet, but will. Although a fast preview of Reconguista actually (strongly) reminded me of Overman King Gainer, another of Tomino's works.

I wonder if anyone else seen it.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 00:28   Link #858
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

G-Reco is not unpopular as you might think it is!

http://sgcafe.com/2014/12/newtype-ra...c_location=ufi

tl:dr G-Reco ranks third in the Newtype Series Ranking (After F/SN and SAO)
Old 2015-04-17, 09:24   Link #859
kuroihikari2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuuoh DeltaPlus View Post
G-Reco is not unpopular as you might think it is!

http://sgcafe.com/2014/12/newtype-ra...c_location=ufi

tl:dr G-Reco ranks third in the Newtype Series Ranking (After F/SN and SAO)
Well this was in January. I'd love to see an updated one.
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 11:30   Link #860
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

speaking of unused concepts in Gundam in general, when was the last time we had a prince as a main protagonist again?
well there's Reiji the royal alien dude, who's not from the main line series by the way.

AGE happens to have a concept never done before, the protagonists being multiple generations of a family, if only it was not terribly executed by the way,

makes me think what concept are they going to come up in the next installment.