Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Source?
Thomas Romain himself on catsuka:

http://www.catsuka.com/interf/forum/...=345401#345401
Kiavik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 09:01   Link #842
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Wait so can someone explain to me why they got a new director? I liked the old episodes, but hated episode 12.
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 09:03   Link #843
Midonin
Last Engage

No Eclipse for the new OP? Aww... I'll miss those girls, both in show and for the opening. But new music, new tone, new change of pace. May as well dive in. The show is still itself, after all.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 09:52   Link #844
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Wait so can someone explain to me why they got a new director? I liked the old episodes, but hated episode 12.
There wasn't really any clear cut answer but iirc it was mainly because there was conflict with the old director however the actually change is only going to happen from ep 17 (or was it 16) onwards because those episodes before them have already been made by the old director which means ep 12 is still from the old director. Speaking of which, what's with all the hate for it...it was designed to be a "gag" episode that isn't connected with the actual storyline. Seeing it as anything other is bound to bring disappointment. I just sat back and laughed at the randomness

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 10:57   Link #845
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
There wasn't really any clear cut answer but iirc it was mainly because there was conflict with the old director however the actually change is only going to happen from ep 17 (or was it 16) onwards because those episodes before them have already been made by the old director which means ep 12 is still from the old director. Speaking of which, what's with all the hate for it...it was designed to be a "gag" episode that isn't connected with the actual storyline. Seeing it as anything other is bound to bring disappointment. I just sat back and laughed at the randomness
Ah i see, thanks for the information.

As for episode 12, i really don't know what it is exactly, but it really just didn't click with me like all the other previous episodes.

But what DEFINITELY caught my attention throughout the episode, was the inconsistency in the drawings, annd really, some of the faces looked really bad, making some of them almost look like some flash done by someone over at newgrounds...

I mean, did no one else find that episode strange? Or at least inconsistent in terms of drawing style or w/e for the characters (compared to previous episodes?) The expressions, the faces..,.a lot of things

p.s. - left you a little +rep for helping out :P

btw, what does iirc mean? (sorry, probably a very "nub" question)

and...that mio avatar...are there any more pics like that :O with the blonde hair/red eyes :O?
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 12:33   Link #846
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Sigh... drug girls usually doesn't end well, e.g. gundam.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 14:05   Link #847
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Eh i knew there was something weird about Eclipse but i would have never guessed they genetically altered them to play better which is not good.

However this episode did add more hope to some type of romantic feelings forming between Dan and Rouge and I have not decided yet if Miyuki's behavior was out of Jealously of Rouge or just the fact that Dan is changing so rapidly she cant identify with him anymore. Its the first time we have seen Miyuki act that way I am sure it will impact the story more in the future.

Loved the ending with Dan providing the beat and Rouge lyrics for their farewell.
Old 2009-07-01, 14:22   Link #848
UnDeaD

Were there really any kind of "shipping wars" crap in Gurren-Lagann? The comparisons with Basquash "everyone wants to get into Dan's pants" is ridiculous since in Gurren-Lagann the only girl to ever be in some kind of relationship with Simon was Nia.
UnDeaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 16:46   Link #849
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post

I mean, did no one else find that episode strange? Or at least inconsistent in terms of drawing style or w/e for the characters (compared to previous episodes?) The expressions, the faces..,.a lot of things

p.s. - left you a little +rep for helping out :P

btw, what does iirc mean? (sorry, probably a very "nub" question)

and...that mio avatar...are there any more pics like that :O with the blonde hair/red eyes :O?
Well you know, I also noticed the crappy animation but it really didn't affect me that much to say it was a horrible episode ^^'

iirc = if i remember correctly.

And that isn't Mio in my avie. Well certainly the original is Mio but this girl is a crossover from another series

Munches on cookie!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2009-07-03 at 17:45. Reason: removed off-topic
Old 2009-07-01, 22:34   Link #850
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
DanxMiyuki is clearly there, but Dan seems oblivious and Miyuki seems to be sitting on the sidelines for some reason. now that rouge is gone, i expect a big reveal where miyuki kisses him out of the blue after an especially intense action sequence.

how the hell is rouge nia? rouge has LEFT for the duration of the series.
Keiichi_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 23:06   Link #851
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi_chan View Post
how the hell is rouge nia? rouge has LEFT for the duration of the series.
Rouge has left until they make it to the moon. Which they will get to go to if they win the match next episode.

I also don't believe Rouge is Nia. Flora's a bit closer to Nia aside from just being a friend.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 07:42   Link #852
Somnus
Eh?

I just finished watching ep 13. Honestly, I should've watched it when it was first released, since after seeing it I knew THIS was the DanxRouge episode I'd been waiting for.

I was literally entranced by the whole ep, not just because it was satisfying my need for some solid stuff between those two, but cause the episode itself was done really well. I'll also have to agree with liking how Dan was providing the beat to Rouge's song, freaking awesome. Sad we won't be seeing her again for a while, and I hope nothing bad happens to her. Like a previous poster had said, drugged/modified Idols don't usually end well when mecha's are involved (I'm looking at you, Gundam).

Here's hoping they don't pull the mind wipe/death cards on us!

Edit: I also wanted to comment on the whole Miyuki thing. As you can probably tell, I'm not really a fan of the pairing. I do have to pitch in that Miyuki's been pretty ignorant of the fact that she's lost her edge in Dan's life to another girl. I mean...everyone else noticed Rouge was changing Dan, kind of silly for her to expect things to have stayed how they were.
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 09:55   Link #853
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

I can't believe it. We finally got a worthwhile development between Dan and Rouge and now she is out for the count?

Ever since they introduced the girls in the OP as Eclipse I thought they would take a major role in the show and I was really looking forward to it. Nakajima Megumi is also Citron (I think?), so I thought there was no way she would get a minor role.

But now it looks like Eclipse is going to be out for the rest of the show. *sigh*

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 10:49   Link #854
Midonin
Last Engage

Considering that Eclipse's next single (which I also have reason to believe is the new ED theme) is titled "Futari no Yakusoku" ("Our Promise"), I wouldn't go writing them out of the show just yet.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 10:58   Link #855
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Yea...hold your horses on counting them out just yet even if this is a cliched parting for Dan to develop more before his next meeting with Rouge. Eclipse hasn't fallen just yet. I also don't think they will pull out the death flag for anyone. This isn't the type of series to go into "death angst" mode.

Old 2009-07-02, 11:58   Link #856
Kiavik

The new Eclipse song is the new ED theme and features them.

Apparently

Spoiler for Basquash Episode 14:

I dont know anything else at the moment.

Last edited by Kiavik; 2009-07-02 at 12:17.
Kiavik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 14:59   Link #857
ThoHell

OHHHHHHH, show just went up another level. New OP and ED. Plot thickens and is getting more interesting. Whoever is in charge of this show I give them credit, they got some creativity. Are one of the sponsors Nike or something or was I just imagining things when I saw the logo?
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 15:07   Link #858
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

It's been very heavily displayed, even in the OP - not to mention talked about before, in this very thread. Hint: yeah, they're sponsoring the series.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 15:12   Link #859
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
It's been very heavily displayed, even in the OP - not to mention talked about before, in this very thread. Hint: yeah, they're sponsoring the series.
Ah, ok. I'm not too good at paying attention at all the nitty griddy. My captivation is caused by good music, comedy, and action....
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 17:37   Link #860
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

The heck

That Nike sign has been flashed about ever since the series started

Damn you guys for being so fast...I can't wait to watch this D:

Tags
basketball, mecha, shounen