AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2016-07-13, 04:34   Link #8601
tuckersister

Yhwach probably REALLY hates Tsukishima now.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-13, 04:42   Link #8602
Sixth
Hu Tao

Bwahahahahaha.....that was a nice troll from Kubo. Ichigo's sword got humiliated again.

H, the humiliated letter fits Ichigo the best.

Also Aizen will save Soul Society.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-13, 04:56   Link #8603
Ultragunner

can't believe that I'm saying this, but Renji actually has more character to him than Ichigo
Old 2016-07-13, 05:19   Link #8604
The Green One

Well Ichigo if you get your sword fixed but don't do anything about what lets Ywach break your sword in the first place, then of course he's going to do it again. Now stand aside and let the adults handle it since you clearly don't have anything meaningful to contribute.
Old 2016-07-13, 05:27   Link #8605
Gilly

Does Kubo himself know whether Ichigo is or isn't supposed to use his bankai? What's with this break-fix-break-fix-break switcheroo?

At least Aizen is free at last ans eager to kick some ass. He finally gets his chance to kill the Soul King.
Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-13, 05:41   Link #8606
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
Does Kubo himself know whether Ichigo is or isn't supposed to use his bankai? What's with this break-fix-break-fix-break switcheroo?

At least Aizen is free at last ans eager to kick some ass. He finally gets his chance to kill the Soul King.
I think the reason why Ichigo's sword keep getting destroyed because it can ohko Ywach....
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-13, 06:18   Link #8607
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

And the trainwreck continues...

Deus Ex Machina that can kill Ywach - Check.
Obligatory appearance by series' best character, Aizen - Check
Character Development reminder about key relationship in the past - Check
Ichigo being completely useless once again - Check
Big bad completely reading MC's actions, and even though he demonstrably has the power to completely f*ck the MC, merely states its luck that the same result didn't happen - Check and Check.

Well done Kubo.

Most insulting thing about the chapter was the DEM with that arrowhead and Ryuken and Isshin. Is that really all they're going to do in this entire arc!?

In terms of powers, Ichigo's current bankai is the most disappointing thing in this entire series to date.

Remember when Ichigo's bankai was a sleek black sword and extremely stylish black outfit that was awesome to look at? Remember in the Fullbringer Arc when Sado made one of the most interesting character observations in the entire series about Ichigo's ideal vision of power of being enveloped or wrapped in it?

Kubo: "F*ck that. Let's just give him a big ugly sword with the power to end the manga. And clothes don't matter at all because f*ck consistency."

Also disappointed about not seeing Ishida's (and Haschwalth's for that matter) Vollstandig; but there's some hope that Kubo will at least deliver on that.

At least we got to see Aizen again. And now that we're near the end, instead of wanting Ywach to win, I want Aizen to magically pull out his zanpakutou and reveal his bankai or something to win instead. He could claim it was a part of his master plan or something and it would still be a better ending than Ichigo and co winning.
Old 2016-07-13, 06:48   Link #8608
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
At least we got to see Aizen again. And now that we're near the end, instead of wanting Ywach to win, I want Aizen to magically pull out his zanpakutou and reveal his bankai or something to win instead. He could claim it was a part of his master plan or something and it would still be a better ending than Ichigo and co winning.
He decided not to deal with quincies himself so he decided to lose to Ichigo, be put into the jail and be freed by new soul king. Basically doing nothing he made soul king to come himself All according to the plan.
Old 2016-07-13, 07:09   Link #8609
itachi-san314

Well, I called Aizen waiting for Ywach on the other side of the portal. I'm disappointed in the fathers' role though. That was weak. And so far, I'm let down by Ichigo's sword breaking again within a couple chapters although I have a theory about that.

It's interesting that Ywach didn't do what he wanted and couldn't fully destroy Ichigo's sword. I wonder why that is? Aizen's hypnosis perhaps? I wouldn't be surprised if Ywach was already defeated and this is an illusion More likely, Ichigo's sword isn't broken and Aizen is trolling Ywach.

or I would like to see Tsukishima and Ywach just keep spamming each other...
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-13, 07:44   Link #8610
B214

For some reason i'm beginning to feel that Kubo might pull another asspull by revealing that Ichigo's current Bankai isn't his real one. ( ._.)
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-13, 07:48   Link #8611
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
It's interesting that Ywach didn't do what he wanted and couldn't fully destroy Ichigo's sword. I wonder why that is? Aizen's hypnosis perhaps? I wouldn't be surprised if Ywach was already defeated and this is an illusion More likely, Ichigo's sword isn't broken and Aizen is trolling Ywach.
*Panel of Aizen, half in shadow, with the Aizen Smirk™ on his face*
"At what point did you start thinking Ichigo and Renji were there...?"
*Cut to Ichigo and Renji still running through the portal*

Yhwach did say they arrived rather quickly...

Either that or Aizen already off-paneled Yhwach, and now he's just trolling Ichigo and Renji.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
For some reason i'm beginning to feel that Kubo might pull another asspull by revealing that Ichigo's current Bankai isn't his real one. ( ._.)
Ya think?
Old 2016-07-13, 08:14   Link #8612
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
*Panel of Aizen, half in shadow, with the Aizen Smirk™ on his face*
"At what point did you start thinking Ichigo and Renji were there...?"
*Cut to Ichigo and Renji still running through the portal*

Yhwach did say they arrived rather quickly...

Either that or Aizen already off-paneled Yhwach, and now he's just trolling Ichigo and Renji.

Ya think?
This would an acceptable explanation if not for one thing: when did Aizen put Yhwach under the effect of his Kyouka Suigetsu (which he doesn't even have anymore)? There was never any opportunity for him to do so.
Old 2016-07-13, 08:32   Link #8613
DerGilga
Banned

Quote:
This would an acceptable explanation if not for one thing: when did Aizen put Yhwach under the effect of his Kyouka Suigetsu (which he doesn't even have anymore)? There was never any opportunity for him to do so.
Fully sealed Aizen could do this:

And Urahara said that Aizen became more powerful in the last two years. So it isn't farfetched that an unsealed Aizen could do illusion tricks.
DerGilga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-13, 08:46   Link #8614
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerGilga View Post
Fully sealed Aizen could do this:

And Urahara said that Aizen became more powerful in the last two years. So it isn't farfetched that an unsealed Aizen could do illusion tricks.
I recalled that moment as well. But this just leads back to one of my major problems with this series. Kubo never specifically states what it is that Aizen did to Yhwach. So what we have is yet another character with vaguely defined powers and has arbitrarily gotten "more powerful" over the years thus justifying him being able to cast illusions.... Without specifics, nothing is an asspull, isn't it? I remember saying this previously.
Old 2016-07-13, 09:05   Link #8615
DerGilga
Banned

Quote:
Without specifics, nothing is an asspull, isn't it?
Well if Aizen suddenly could create elements like ice or make children games real, I would say it is an asspull. But if the charater know for deception and illusions is now capable of creating illusions without his sword which is/was part of his soul, I have no problem with it...

But than again, I really don't care about the technical details when it comes to magic...
Old 2016-07-13, 09:09   Link #8616
LevelSeven

but that was ywach in his weakest form, before absorbing bankai, before absorbing all Stern-knights, before absorbing the SS-king and without having his supermode on...

i think they are equally broken XD

PS: did anyone get a jojo-like feeling after seeing aizen release his reiatsu? a bizarre move or so XD

as for the chapter: nothing much, aizen is free YAY!!!! now lets see how kubo will troll us next,
he already did it with the parents afterall >_<
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-13, 09:11   Link #8617
ChuckE
Provoker

If we had more frames with Aizen we could safely say that Ichigo was a side character in that chapter
Old 2016-07-13, 09:35   Link #8618
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerGilga View Post
But than again, I really don't care about the technical details when it comes to magic...
I suppose I view things differently. There are some series for me in which the technical details of magic really matter to me, like Toaru Majutsu no Index. However there are others where I can just take a breather and watch things unfold, like One Piece and The Seven Deadly Sins. However those latter series have an aesthetic and artistic style that leads me to be be more lenient and flexible with their magic mechanics.

Bleach on the other hand quite squarely falls in the former category for me. Its art style is too sharp for me to give its magic mechanics a free pass; especially when there was a time when the mechanics did make some sense.
Old 2016-07-13, 09:56   Link #8619
DerGilga
Banned

Quote:
Its art style is too sharp for me to give its magic mechanics a free pass;
You will love Oh! Great's work.....
Old 2016-07-13, 10:11   Link #8620
sayde

Well I don't know exactly how it's gonna end. but for now I'm gonna enjoy this. Aizens free and ready to go. And nothing else at this point matters to me. So long as Aizen lives through this, I'll consider Bleach's ending to be satisfactory.

All hail Aizen!!!

sorry for fanboying so hard. These opportunities are coming to an end. So I'm taking it in for all its worth.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter