AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-12-15, 19:11   Link #8641
SuperJiwon

The casualties I was attributing to Celestial Being do not end with who they themselves shot in the face. Their actions, under the direction of a plan centuries in the making, created a world where Memento Mori could be created. Do you think a device like that could be made in a world where the three super powers weren't united against Celestial Being and the chaos that they brought? Hell no, it would have been nuclear armageddon as soon as that thing was fired. True, they are being used as pawns, but they are willing pawns, blindly throwing their lives into some ambiguous agenda that they only see the target and not who they are killing to get there. They blindly believe that their path is the right path and to hell with anyone who gets killed as a result off their actions.
As for supporting terrorism, well the terrorists are being portrayed as alot more righteous than the people who are trying to supress them. (In fact, the high command staff of the A-Laws are pretty much all portayed as useless douchebags who can't do anything right besides being douchebags). The casualties they cause by their actions are glossed over(Louise's squad captain, Barrack Zinin, mentions that his family was killed by a Kathalon attack in like a 30 second long segment) where Kathalon pretty much dominates the show with their complaints of the injustice of the A-Laws). Plus, Kathalon is practically allied with Celestial Being, the "Good Guys" of Gundam 00, so they are probably going to emerge victorious with their oppressors, the "evil" federation, in ruins and good times had by all.
I have a feeling there really are no "Good Guys" in Gundam 00 at all. Just people angry at the world who want to destroy it, and the federation who want to take control of the world(but are doing it in a completely retarded way.) Maybe Marina, with her desires of peaceful reconciliation and her condemnation of violence, though she's often portrayed as being confused, depressed, emotional, and an all around weak character.
SuperJiwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 19:18   Link #8642
LordStrike
Gundam Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJiwon View Post
The casualties I was attributing to Celestial Being do not end with who they themselves shot in the face. Their actions, under the direction of a plan centuries in the making, created a world where Memento Mori could be created. Do you think a device like that could be made in a world where the three super powers weren't united against Celestial Being and the chaos that they brought? Hell no, it would have been nuclear armageddon as soon as that thing was fired. True, they are being used as pawns, but they are willing pawns, blindly throwing their lives into some ambiguous agenda that they only see the target and not who they are killing to get there. They blindly believe that their path is the right path and to hell with anyone who gets killed as a result off their actions.
As for supporting terrorism, well the terrorists are being portrayed as alot more righteous than the people who are trying to supress them. (In fact, the high command staff of the A-Laws are pretty much all portayed as useless douchebags who can't do anything right besides being douchebags). The casualties they cause by their actions are glossed over(Louise's squad captain, Barrack Zinin, mentions that his family was killed by a Kathalon attack in like a 30 second long segment) where Kathalon pretty much dominates the show with their complaints of the injustice of the A-Laws). Plus, Kathalon is practically allied with Celestial Being, the "Good Guys" of Gundam 00, so they are probably going to emerge victorious with their oppressors, the "evil" federation, in ruins and good times had by all.
I have a feeling there really are no "Good Guys" in Gundam 00 at all. Just people angry at the world who want to destroy it, and the federation who want to take control of the world(but are doing it in a completely retarded way.) Maybe Marina, with her desires of peaceful reconciliation and her condemnation of violence, though she's often portrayed as being confused, depressed, emotional, and an all around weak character.
OMG you really like to write don't you?
ill trie to answer you little by little to lassy to read everything in 1 go
LordStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 19:26   Link #8643
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
The problem with that is that they do eat and drink. So "Number 1" has to come out of somewhere...
Erm, I'd not be that hasty for such realistic logic. Gundam 00 is stepping far into the realm of supa-robot than I expected it to, so I kinda'd still not be surprised if in fact they WERE like dolls. Maybe their bodies vaporize the food so it doesn't have to be dumped. Maybe there are other ways like vommiting... kinda fits the feminine and oh-so slender Innovators
Old 2008-12-15, 19:28   Link #8644
SuperJiwon

I'm not making fun of you or anything but about your "ill trie to answer you little by little to lassy to read everything in 1 go" comment. What does the "lassy" part mean, or short for? Just curious.
And about liking to type, I never really thought of it, but usually I don't even write anything if I can't at least write a paragraph or two. I really need to get back to work though...such a non-productive Monday.
SuperJiwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 19:31   Link #8645
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Have all of those in favor of the "sexless" argument completely forgotten how mentally unstable people with missing chromosomes become? They have to have a gender, otherwise you have mentally retarded 8 people, six of which are pulling the strings behind the entire world, another in charge of medical regeneration, and the eighth in a freaking Gundam. Yet these eight people are mentally stable without any mental disorders that we can see, and despite what people claim, they are biological and thus human.
Old 2008-12-15, 19:37   Link #8646
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by rising dragon View Post
have all of those in favor of the "sexless" argument completely forgotten how mentally unstable people with missing chromosomes become? They have to have a gender, otherwise you have mentally retarded 8 people, six of which are pulling the strings behind the entire world, another in charge of medical regeneration, and the eighth in a freaking gundam. Yet these eight people are mentally stable without any mental disorders that we can see, and despite what people claim, they are biological and thus human.
i heard in real life giant robots would topple over
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 19:37   Link #8647
LordStrike
Gundam Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJiwon View Post
I'm not making fun of you or anything but about your "ill trie to answer you little by little to lassy to read everything in 1 go" comment. What does the "lassy" part mean, or short for? Just curious.
And about liking to type, I never really thought of it, but usually I don't even write anything if I can't at least write a paragraph or two. I really need to get back to work though...such a non-productive Monday.
it means you write to much crap you just taking Gundam 00 to damn serious.
if you cant see who the bad guy is between Ali and lock on you have a big issue on you head so on so on
Old 2008-12-15, 19:38   Link #8648
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Have all of those in favor of the "sexless" argument completely forgotten how mentally unstable people with missing chromosomes become?
How do you know if that works the same this time around? There is no way of telling. With the advance technology and the fact that the Innovators were made, that issue could have easily be dealt with at the beginning.
Old 2008-12-15, 19:39   Link #8649
Sides

Quote:
Have all of those in favor of the "sexless" argument completely forgotten how mentally unstable people with missing chromosomes become? They have to have a gender, otherwise you have mentally retarded 8 people, six of which are pulling the strings behind the entire world, another in charge of medical regeneration, and the eighth in a freaking Gundam. Yet these eight people are mentally stable without any mental disorders that we can see, and despite what people claim, they are biological and thus human.
Wanting to guide human into a new world. I would call it a mental illness.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 19:42   Link #8650
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Papaya brilliantly presented that sometimes bringing logic from the true world into anime discussion is not that decisive. I still thnk they are genderless. Organic entities which are somehow different from normal humans, including the physiology.
Old 2008-12-15, 19:43   Link #8651
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Wanting to guide human into a new world. I would call it a mental illness.
Not really. Its a specific task that the Innovators are trying to accomplish, that doesn't qualify as a disorder like Turner Syndrome, which is caused by a missing chromosome.
Old 2008-12-15, 19:43   Link #8652
LordStrike
Gundam Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
How do you know if that works the same this time around? There is no way of telling. With the advance technology and the fact that the Innovators were made, that issue could have easily be dealt with at the beginning.
one question in the gss subs i think setsuna said they were bio terminal produced by veda didn't he? or the subs are wrong? any way so maybe he can actually create male and felame not by doing the tieria way but by actually making them female or males
Old 2008-12-15, 19:45   Link #8653
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordStrike View Post
one question in the gss subs i think setsuna said they were bio terminal produced by veda didn't he? or the subs are wrong? any way so maybe he can actually create male and felame not by doing the tieria way but by actually making them female
Now that's an interesting theory. You mean that their bodies could be morphed/shifted between feminine/masculine types?
Old 2008-12-15, 19:47   Link #8654
LordStrike
Gundam Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
Now that's an interesting theory. You mean that their bodies could be morphed/shifted between feminine/masculine types?
something like that
Old 2008-12-15, 19:49   Link #8655
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
something like that
It'd be helluva cool if it was so. A transmorphic organism that is capable of plugging into machines and using special brainwaves. That'd make Innovators quite a novelty for me, at least as far as the Gundam series I've watched are considered.
Old 2008-12-15, 19:55   Link #8656
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
It'd be helluva cool if it was so. A transmorphic organism that is capable of plugging into machines and using special brainwaves. That'd make Innovators quite a novelty for me, at least as far as the Gundam series I've watched are considered.
Except they already explained what Innovators are... Humans with GN Particles infused and nanomachines that could stop aging. That's it.
Old 2008-12-15, 19:56   Link #8657
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
something like that
It also adds with what Regene told Tieria about altering their DNA. Meaning Anew could easily just add the breasts, seeing as though he/she doesn't have any in the ending shot for the first season.
Old 2008-12-15, 20:00   Link #8658
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Except they already explained what Innovators are... Humans with GN Particles infused and nanomachines that could stop aging. That's it.
Well, we don't know what more is changed in their bodies, do we? Maybe nothing, maybe everything.
Old 2008-12-15, 20:01   Link #8659
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Well, we don't know what more is changed in their bodies, do we? Maybe nothing, maybe everything.
You'd think Regene would list something as significant as "changing of one's sex" when he explained what Innovators were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It also adds with what Regene told Tieria about altering their DNA. Meaning Anew could easily just add the breasts, seeing as though he/she doesn't have any in the ending shot for the first season.
As I said yesterday, changing one's DNA does not automatically change the size of his/her breasts.
Old 2008-12-15, 20:04   Link #8660
LordStrike
Gundam Meister

Quote:
the nanos arent the only thing keeping them from aging as regen said suppressing aging through the use of genetic engineering and nanos so as far we know Gene manipulation is fully possible and the nano may help to stop the body from braking up or also making what ever changes made in a DNA base go faster so you genes may say you have breast normaly it would take time for them to grow but the nanos will make it faster

Tags
spoilers