Old 2014-12-05, 04:16   Link #8741
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Finally got Heroic Kargath down, got me a 670 helmet that I instantly put on
Old 2014-12-05, 05:38   Link #8742
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Lol, grats. Don't even need to bother to check the stats on that one. It ain't red it goes on the head!

I got a robe from CM Auchindoun, was so happy about that.
Old 2014-12-05, 08:44   Link #8743
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Muahahahaha! Revenge is sweet

Old 2014-12-05, 10:21   Link #8744
GDB

That feeling when a Highmaul mission pops up, and out of the 4 possible combinations it's the one that you have the worst chance of countering. For those wondering, the combinations are:

Quote:
1 - Wild Agression, Deadly Minions, Massive Strike, Timed Battle, Danger Zones, Powerful Spell
2 - Deadly Minions, Massive Strike, Timed Battle (2), Minion Swarm, Maic Debuff
3 - Wild Agression, Deadly Minions (2), Timed Battle, Danger Zones, Powerful Spell
4 - Wild Agression, Danger Zones, Minion Swarm, Magic Debuff, Group Damage (2)
I just had #4 pop up, and I only have two followers who can counter Group Damage, and only one of them can counter anything else in that list (Minion Swarm). This could get tricky.

*edit*

Manged to get it up to an 83% chance. Gotta toss the dice with that since I'm out of Weapon Boosters now.

*edit 2*

For those wondering, it seems like you might have to trigger 645 missions in some way. Just having two 645 followers isn't enough from what I've been reading, and indeed after 2-3 days of having them and no missions pop up, I decided to try what I had read. That is, basically take any of your 630 followers and give them a slight boost so they're 631 or higher. I just gave a 630 follower a +3 armor token. Within an hour after that, I had the raid pop up, which is what I had been reading online as well.

Last edited by GDB; 2014-12-05 at 10:56.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-05, 11:00   Link #8745
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Do you have to have done the raid as well perhaps?
It would be odd to be getting raid gears for raid you never stepped a foot in.
Old 2014-12-05, 11:03   Link #8746
Mr Hat and Clogs

Nah, don't need to do the raid as well.

But those are the combos for Highmaul Missions? They're static? Here I thought they were randomly assigned requirements. Hmm, well, that makes things.... Interesting.
Old 2014-12-05, 11:46   Link #8747
GDB

Yeah, you don't need to have done the raid. My Paladin's killed one heroic boss (not dungeon) and Molten Core, but still got the raid mission.

And yeah, they're static. The "trait" (environment, boss type, whatever) might change though, since I heard a lot of people saying they used Orcslayer for theirs but mine needed Gronnslayer.

*edit*

Any of you Alliance with Image of Archmage Vargoth follower able to confirm whether he counts as a Human or an indifferent racial entity? My Tauren Warrior's Archmage has +Pandaren and +Orc racial trait bonuses so I want to get a +Human racial follower on Tuesday (preferably Orc or Pandaren) to team up with him, but not sure if he's a human or not since he's an "image". Plus it'd be hilarious to have a +Human trait on my Horde follower list (they give you enough freaking alliance followers as it is, geez).

*edit 2*

Woot, Highmaul Mission successful!

Spoiler:

Got a Warforged Champion's Medallion from it. Awesome.

Last edited by GDB; 2014-12-05 at 19:00.
Old 2014-12-05, 18:54   Link #8748
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Any of you Alliance with Image of Archmage Vargoth follower able to confirm whether he counts as a Human or an indifferent racial entity? My Tauren Warrior's Archmage has +Pandaren and +Orc racial trait bonuses so I want to get a +Human racial follower on Tuesday (preferably Orc or Pandaren) to team up with him, but not sure if he's a human or not since he's an "image". Plus it'd be hilarious to have a +Human trait on my Horde follower list (they give you enough freaking alliance followers as it is, geez).
He is Human. Just checked and a Humanist follower had their icon show up when I put Image in a mission.

My 645 mission was successful, got 655 boots. Also got 645 bracers from another mission.

I can confirm that ticking a 3rd follower past 630 triggers the 645 mission. My guildies say the 645 mission appears once a week.

The downside is that kinda stuff also seems to make the major XP missions vanish. And I can't remember the last time I had a resource mission....
Old 2014-12-05, 19:23   Link #8749
GDB

Good to know, thanks. Now to decide whether I aim for a Humanist to trigger off him or go for a +Orc to trigger off of those that trigger him. Such decisions, much headache.

For resource missions, I just spam the hell out of lower level missions. I'll usually get 2-4 resource missions a day, which while they aren't the base 100-130 ones, a few at base 40 or so is enough. My Warrior's over half way capped on resources and I have no idea how to not continue gaining resources other than get rid of his Lumber Mill for something.
Old 2014-12-06, 06:40   Link #8750
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Wow, not having to do raid to get the drops sounds.. strange. Oh well, more things to look forward to!

I just raised my third follower to over 630, but haven't seen a 645 pop up just yet.
And I wish my bunker stop pumping out Iron Horde Scraps ffs. Four in a row is ridiculous.
Old 2014-12-06, 08:40   Link #8751
GDB

I don't even check the work orders for it until it has at least 6 completed. Very little chance to be disappointed that way.
Old 2014-12-06, 12:06   Link #8752
Awrya
U mad?

Anyone else having problem stacking their follower iLvL items?
Have 3 Blackrock Weaponry and can only stack 2 of them, with the last one refusing to be added.
Old 2014-12-06, 13:33   Link #8753
GDB

Yeah, what you need to do is drag one of the stacks to another bag, place it there, and then drag it back to the back with the other stack and drop it into the bag. Note, drop it into the bag, not into a slot in that bag. It will automatically go into the proper spot this way.
Old 2014-12-06, 15:22   Link #8754
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Just got my first Highmaul mission!

Success rate is only 84%... I think I'll hang onto this mission a day or so and see if I can get some upgrades to increase the chance.
Old 2014-12-06, 16:40   Link #8755
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

My guildies claim Mythic missions are available in a few days. Not sure if that's true.

Finally managed to survive enough of the troll, PvPfest nature of Nagrand to grind out the follower from Steamwheedle rep and...she gets Blacksmithing as a trait...as a Warlock...*headdesk*
Old 2014-12-06, 16:43   Link #8756
GDB

Raid missions are based on what you're personally done. In order to unlock missions granting Mythic loot, you have to yourself done enough Heroic raiding on that tier to register as a heroic raider. In order to unlock missions granting 1000g, you have to yourself done enough Mythic raiding on that tier to register as a mythic raider.

They haven't clarified how exactly this is register, be it a single clear or killing a certain number of overall bosses on that difficulty or what.
Old 2014-12-06, 18:00   Link #8757
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Time to ask the guild leader about the alt raid then...

Finally got the mission I was waiting for to finish fully upgrading my garrison.

Spoiler for The mission:
Old 2014-12-06, 18:38   Link #8758
GDB

Man, I'm so jelly of Alliance Garrisons. Not only are they more visually pleasing (though I do like snow, I'm tired of Horde stuff looking like it was just tossed together with no care and being all spikey), but you get all those cute female Draenei, Night Elves, and even Humans.

Horde gets 1 Blood Elf girl, and she's stuck with Bodyguard (which I'm to understand cannot be removed via rerolling or trait replacers), and one Dark Ranger, and she starts with Skinning. And with the Inn, it seems like Blood Elves are the second rarest race (at least from what I've seen) behind Pandaren. I've only seen two Blood Elves over 9 groups (3 characters, 3 weeks), and only one was female.
Old 2014-12-06, 19:01   Link #8759
Mr Hat and Clogs

Defend Illona is love, Defender Illona is life.
Old 2014-12-06, 19:30   Link #8760
GDB

Looks like she's the Alliance equivalent to the one Blood Elf female the Horde gets. Gotta say... really hated using her as a Bodyguard. She tries to "tank" what you fight, but she's a squishy Warlock and dies super fast if I let anything hit her for more than like 8 seconds.

Why couldn't the Horde version have been a Paladin too? We seriously have no Paladins outside of the Tavern.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows