AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-13, 11:02   Link #861
Peanutbutter

Spoiler for ep 20:
Old 2009-08-13, 11:05   Link #862
SidVicious
Anime addict

No 2chan thread today?
Old 2009-08-13, 11:09   Link #863
M.Marangio

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post
No 2chan thread today?
(deleted 2chan links)

Last edited by M.Marangio; 2009-08-14 at 00:32.
Old 2009-08-13, 11:10   Link #864
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
New ep confirmed!
Sports festival.
Bwahaha! Teaser scene fake-out!
Old 2009-08-13, 11:40   Link #865
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

*enters thread whistling and pins up an updated checklist*

Spoiler for Checklist Update - August 13:

*continues whistling as he exits the thread*

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Old 2009-08-13, 11:51   Link #866
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Heminga13, you sure realize that the weakest point of your list is the last one?
Old 2009-08-13, 11:56   Link #867
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Heminga13, you sure realize that the weakest point of your list is the last one?
I do. It's no fun having a theory if I don't take a risk on some things while still showing how I came to that conclusion.

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Old 2009-08-13, 14:39   Link #868
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Correction: It's no fun having a theory when everything is pretty much common sense.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-08-13, 20:03   Link #869
SealkidHaruhiism
Haruhi Suzumiya rules!!

Look!!

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=9203
Old 2009-08-13, 20:19   Link #870
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Correction: It's no fun having a theory when everything is pretty much common sense.
But it was common sense with possible evidence supporting it.

Anyway, I think Sigh V will have no ED (I'm thinking since the last parts of Melancholy and Endless Eight didn't, maybe they're going to make that a trend) and that it will end with the Brigade getting ready to screen the completed movie. Like, show Haruhi start playing it and then focus on the screen, cutting to black. I think that'd be a cool lead-in into the movie episode.

That would also help them encourage people to place the Vol 00 DVD after 5.999999 because it'd almost be considered a part of the Sigh arc if they implied the two episodes were directly tied together.

Old 2009-08-13, 20:21   Link #871
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

If they forego Tomare! at the end of Sigh V, I seriously hope they have Super Driver playing during the final scene. Something I wish would've been done for E8 VIII, actually.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-08-13, 20:34   Link #872
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

They've actually already animated the ending of Sighs... The very first bit of the anime's Live Alive is actually the second half of the Sighs epilogue.

They'll probably end off the last episode with some of Kyon's explanatory monologue from the first half of the epilogue, and, yeah, probably segue into them having that screening of the movie.

Also, Super Driver is too high-energy to end a Haruhi story with...

Last edited by Tyabann; 2009-08-14 at 15:03.
Old 2009-08-13, 20:39   Link #873
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

You're probably right... shame, though, as I've grown rather fond of it over the last two months.
Old 2009-08-14, 11:15   Link #874
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

As I wait to get ready for my sister's wedding, I'm gonna type up a piece of speculation as to why many people prefer to refer to the episodes new to the 2009 airing as the second season. I'll just be naming Kadokawa because I'm too lazy to figure out which ones KyoAni is responsible for (if any).

--------

July 2007 - Kadokawa announces the second season of the Haruhi anime series using BLR teaser art.
Fans - YES HARUHI S2!

December 2007 - Kadokawa cancels the second season and announces a new project, using Vanishment teaser art.
Fans - wtf? Oh, I get it, it 'disappeared' lol You can't fool me into thinking you're not doing S2!

July 2008 Newtype - Kadokawa reiterates their statement of a new Haruhi project that isn't merely a second season and promotes 'new animation' and a 'new Haruhi' as a whole.
Fans - Uh...whatever, Haruhi S2!

March 2009 Newtype - Kadokawa announces that the Haruhi anime series will be relaunched in April, starting with a renewed airing of the first season, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
Fans - WTF?! First season?! KyoAni - 12/10 trolls

3 April 2009 [JAPAN TIME] - The first episode of the renewed airing is The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part I, which was episode 2 of the original airing and the second episode released on DVD.
Fans - Whoa, they're airing it chronological? Huh? 28 episode rumor? Well, they're probably gonna air it twice to troll us some more. Or maybe they'll air the new season mixed in chronologically.

22 May 2009 [JAPAN TIME] - Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody airs as the eighth episode of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (2009), the first episode that did not air in 2006.
Fans - OMG S2 IS HERE FINALLY OMG

19 June 2009 [JAPAN TIME] - Endless Eight airs as the twelth episode of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (2009), the second episode that did not air in 2006.
Fans - It didn't end? What? lol I see what they're doing

*some time later*

Fans - Second season sucks because over half the episodes are the same thing. First season was awesome but now they're ruining it and not showing us Disappearance. BUT THANK GOD ENDLESS EIGHT IS FINALLY OVER!

--------

This may not perfectly represent you, but this is similar to my reactions regarding all of this and from what I've seen it probably isn't too far off.

Now, if anyone is willing to take a stab at what went wrong here, you will get a cookie.

Cookie* - ( :~: )

*This cookie is not edible and the receiver of the cookie should not try to ingest it. Doing so may result in damage to your monitor and possible internal injuries.

Last edited by Heminga13; 2009-08-14 at 11:28. Reason: per request of dragon4dudes
Old 2009-08-14, 11:24   Link #875
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
You should add in the general elation that E8 is over

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
Old 2009-08-14, 16:00   Link #876
M.Marangio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heminga13 View Post
July 2007 - Kadokawa announces the second season of the Haruhi anime series using BLR teaser art.
Well, it was a full page announcement in the second most circulated newspaper of the world.

And you forgot the announcement of Haruhi-chan in the July 2008 issue and the following speculations that there will be no second season.
Old 2009-08-14, 17:08   Link #877
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Marangio View Post
Well, it was a full page announcement in the second most circulated newspaper of the world.

And you forgot the announcement of Haruhi-chan in the July 2008 issue and the following speculations that there will be no second season.
Oh really? Didn't know about when Haruhi-chan was announced. Thanks for mentioning it. I do remember now about some saying that there wouldn't be a second season and instead we got Haruhi-chan lol.

Anyway, what I was trying to get at was this:

The fans thought Kadokawa was tricking them with their announcements ('vanishing' second season/re-aring first season with a secret second season/etc.) but they ended up just tricking themselves because Kadokawa has technically followed through with what they've announced and discussed.

Or for those of you hating Kadokawa right now:

Kadokawa tricked the fans into thinking they were being tricked.

At least this is what I think happened.

Last edited by Heminga13; 2009-08-14 at 17:11. Reason: 'for those of WHO' lol
Old 2009-08-14, 17:10   Link #878
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Well that's certainly one way of looking at it.
Old 2009-08-14, 17:22   Link #879
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
So, we're all Xanatos Suckers...
Old 2009-08-14, 17:41   Link #880
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4evr View Post
So, we're all Xanatos Suckers...
Don't feel bad. Given how Xanatos got to where he is, I'd say time itself is one.
Closed Thread