Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-08-29, 22:09   Link #861
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
"Naruto thinks better on his feet than Shikamaru"

Thatīs what I disagree on, I should have made that clearer. I refuse to believe "trial and error" would be great thinking.

"Naruto adjusts his strategies as he fights"

I donīt believe that either. He always won in just overpowering the opponent, even in the Pain fight he won with the SAME strategy he had used about five times before in that fight.

And just for the record: The Itachi vs. Sasuke fight was the best fight in the series to date, imo.
What do you think trial and error is? Its adjusting how you approach the situation. I know the english language is something that is conveyed and interpreted in several ways (which is why you can get a PhD in english) but please try to keep up.

What it seems to me its just a matter of difference in opinion. So its pretty pointless to argue it any further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Kinda is, look back through the chapters and to constantly draw natural energy in one must be completely still or merged with a toad to do that for them, if they dont have that then the natural energy they have when they enter the fight will be all they have unless the enemy lets them just stand around.

So when the energy has ran out he needs to reverse summon a bunshin and release the technique to get the energy back but due to this he can only use 2 clones or it disturbs the other clones focusing and he can only use 2 FRS before his energy is almost completely gone.

One thing I like about the Pain vs Naruto fight is the use of a basic henge to sneak attack.
You're not paying attention to the latter of the Pain vs Naruto, he's able to go into Hermit mode without such methods. Two such instances is the last part of the fight and when he turned hermit just as he arrives at Nagato's location.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 22:57   Link #862
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Of course "trial and error" can include adjusting to a situation, but that doesnīt mean itīs "great thinking".

Great thinking, imo, would be the way Shikamaru figured out a way to free his team from the rock prison when they were chasing Sasukeīs hijackers. He knew it was going to work.

It wasnīt just a matter of opinion between yout point of view and mine. It was also a matter of you believing I wouldnīt understand your "trial and error".
Now with that being said Iīd say itīs a sole matter of opinion from here on.
Old 2009-08-29, 23:47   Link #863
Muyasuki

Sasuke. And use to think they were around the same level but now, I don't even think its close.

Alright, I'll just say this right now. Sasuke is (probably) the second strongest person in the Naruto-verse. He'll stay there until they figure out Tobi's weakness (Sasuke doesn't need to be there or even figure it out). Once that's done, Sasuke's the strongest. Period. Thats what happens when the author's favourite character is way too obvious. He seems to become more powerful as the plot demands.

Even if the two (Naruto and Sasuke) were to go one on one, Naruto would lose due to his hard-on for Sasuke.
Muyasuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 00:03   Link #864
james0246

^To clear up a bit of a misconception, Sasuke is not Kishimoto's favourite character (in the latest data book, the closest to a "favourite" personal character listed was Shikimaru, but that was only under the hypothetical scenario of Kishimoto turning into a girl and deciding on which character he would like to date ), rather he is Kishimoto's favourite character to draw/illustrate. If Sasuke was actually Kishimoto's favourite character, then he would provide Sasuke with some defintive wins and not so many almost-but-not-quite-you-really-just-survived wins.

Last edited by james0246; 2009-08-30 at 00:47.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 00:24   Link #865
noven

Send a message via AIM to noven
I was pretty sure that at one point Kishi said that Sasuke was his favorite character to draw, but later said that Naruto was his favorite character because of his personality. I guess that throws a wrench into anti-sasuke fanbois looking for excuses to hate.
Old 2009-08-30, 00:26   Link #866
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muyasuki View Post
Sasuke. And use to think they were around the same level but now, I don't even think its close.

Alright, I'll just say this right now. Sasuke is (probably) the second strongest person in the Naruto-verse. He'll stay there until they figure out Tobi's weakness (Sasuke doesn't need to be there or even figure it out). Once that's done, Sasuke's the strongest. Period. Thats what happens when the author's favourite character is way too obvious. He seems to become more powerful as the plot demands.

Even if the two (Naruto and Sasuke) were to go one on one, Naruto would lose due to his hard-on for Sasuke.
Sasuke is soooo strong that he needs help against Raikage
Old 2009-08-30, 08:23   Link #867
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Well it's the Raikage. One of the 5 strongest shinobi in the world...who's also receiving backup from two jounins.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 09:18   Link #868
Scorpian
Banned

Quote:
...Because "strong" ninja never need any assistance right? And the Raikage is just some average joe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^To clear up a bit of a misconception, Sasuke is not Kishimoto's favourite character (in the latest data book, the closest to a "favourite" personal character listed was Shikimaru, but that was only under the hypothetical scenario of Kishimoto turning into a girl and deciding on which character he would like to date ), rather he is Kishimoto's favourite character to draw/illustrate. If Sasuke was actually Kishimoto's favourite character, then he would provide Sasuke with some defintive wins and not so many almost-but-not-quite-you-really-just-survived wins.
I've heard that Sasuke was his favorite character from alot of posters (mainly those who want to bash him and the author), where did people hear this from, and how did it get mixed up? Its funny how people come with this crap, make it the basis of their argument and its not even true.

Last edited by Scorpian; 2009-08-30 at 09:31.
Scorpian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 09:54   Link #869
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpian View Post
I've heard that Sasuke was his favorite character from alot of posters (mainly those who want to bash him and the author), where did people hear this from, and how did it get mixed up? Its funny how people come with this crap, make it the basis of their argument and its not even true.
Kishimoto didnt even want to make Sasuke in the first place his editors did so now Sasuke has become his favourite character to draw which is why he gets more outfit changes than any other character.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 11:51   Link #870
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickketik View Post

So, stop brainf*cking yourselves, Naruto is just another d*ckhead on the long long list of shonen main characters who can't say anything but stuff like WHHHAAAAAA, OOOOOIII, HAAAAAAA and nakama
Agreed, maybe a little harsh but it's true.

Quote:
Naruto can't win a battle without kyuubi
what's your point mate?
Old 2009-08-30, 11:51   Link #871
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Kishimoto didnt even want to make Sasuke in the first place his editors did so now Sasuke has become his favourite character to draw which is why he gets more outfit changes than any other character.
I think you're getting confused with Team Taka. Kishi was pressured by the editors to put them in but Sasuke was always a part of his concept for Naruto

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 11:57   Link #872
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I think you're getting confused with Team Taka. Kishi was pressured by the editors to put them in but Sasuke was always a part of his concept for Naruto
Actually he wasnt:

Spoiler for space:

Old 2009-08-30, 12:44   Link #873
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Okay, now that explains everything. The fact that Sasuke initially wasnīt intented by Kishimoto means that at the beginning he didnīt have a clue of where his story would go.

/edit: But I believe itīs common for mangaka to just come up with stuff during drawing, lol. Maybe except for mastermind Eiichiro Oda.^^
Old 2009-08-30, 12:52   Link #874
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Kishi wasn't pressured by the editors to put Taka's team in, he was asked to give them individual battles (for merchandising I believe) even though he's still to do it.
Sasuke has always been part of Naruto the manga, what you are quoting is from after the Naruto pilote was successful and Shounen Jumps asked Kishimoto to create an original series based on the concept.

Quote:
You're not paying attention to the latter of the Pain vs Naruto, he's able to go into Hermit mode without such methods. Two such instances is the last part of the fight and when he turned hermit just as he arrives at Nagato's location.
No he is not, he simply kept still for as long as he needed to before entering the "tree".
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 15:03   Link #875
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Well it's the Raikage. One of the 5 strongest shinobi in the world...who's also receiving backup from two jounins.
And to all the others that commented on what I said. The person I responded to said that Sasuke is the second strongest person in Narutoverse, calling Madara the first. Meaning that Sasuke should be able to btch slap Raikage around without help.

I guess people don't really pay attention anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
Agreed, maybe a little harsh but it's true.

Naruto can't win a battle without kyuubi
what's your point mate?
Wrong, where have you been?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
No he is not, he simply kept still for as long as he needed to before entering the "tree".
That's just a guess, we haven't been shown that naruto was concentrating on gathering natural energy. And what's a long time? 3 seconds? 3mins? 30mins? 3hrs?

I don't Naruto spent more than 5 seconds standing at the door step of his most powerful enemy to date.
Old 2009-08-30, 15:56   Link #876
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
That's just a guess, we haven't been shown that naruto was concentrating on gathering natural energy. And what's a long time? 3 seconds? 3mins? 30mins? 3hrs?

I don't Naruto spent more than 5 seconds standing at the door step of his most powerful enemy to date.
It is certainely not a guess, the way Naruto can gather natural energy was explained through and through, you are the one who claim it is no longer true based on nothing but the fact that you didn't see what Naruto did off panel.

Naruto simply stayed put for a little while when he was on his way to Nagato, that could have required a dozen seconds or a minutes or more, we don't know the exact number, but he did it because it's mandatory to the very principle of Sage mode.
Old 2009-08-30, 16:33   Link #877
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
It is certainely not a guess, the way Naruto can gather natural energy was explained through and through, you are the one who claim it is no longer true based on nothing but the fact that you didn't see what Naruto did off panel.

Naruto simply stayed put for a little while when he was on his way to Nagato, that could have required a dozen seconds or a minutes or more, we don't know the exact number, but he did it because it's mandatory to the very principle of Sage mode.
He only needs to have a calm and focused mind, who's to say he isn't capable of that while moving? As far as Nagato was concerned he was speedily moving towards him.

Also, the first time Naruto turned sage was instantaneous. When Naruto was berserked. And the moment Naruto won against the fight within himself he was in sage mode. He didn't have time to stand still and clear his mind.
Old 2009-08-30, 17:49   Link #878
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
He only needs to have a calm and focused mind, who's to say he isn't capable of that while moving? As far as Nagato was concerned he was speedily moving towards him.

Also, the first time Naruto turned sage was instantaneous. When Naruto was berserked. And the moment Naruto won against the fight within himself he was in sage mode. He didn't have time to stand still and clear his mind.
Yeah he did he was standing on Chibaku Tensei without Sage Mode still then he turned sage mode still standing in the same position.

And he was standing still in front of the tree before opening it to reveal sage eyes

Also he cannot have a clear, calm and focused as he needs to focus on where he is going and his surrounding whilsts moving.

Old 2009-08-30, 18:19   Link #879
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Even if Sasuke wasn't intentionally created by Kishi, he did a f****en good job at it from then on. Naruto wouldn't be who he is without him during his child days. And yes, Sasuke's and his Uchiha background story is way more interesting. Nice way to stack the storyline's complexity.
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 18:45   Link #880
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
No he doesn't need only that, I can only advise you to re-read this part of the manga because you obviously missed the point of the training. Remaining perfectly still has been stated over and over as an absolute necessity. That's the reason it usually requires to have comrades to buy some time or to have another Sage to "fuse" together so they can split the work between gathering nature energy and fighting if you are to use Sage mode in battle.
In Naruto's case he had to rely on Kage Bunshin because the 9 tails prevented anyone to fuse with him.

Quote:
What first time are you even talking about? When Naruto reached Sage mode the first time he was meditating on top of a needle-like rock precisely to learn to stay absolutely motionless. When he went to fight Pain he was already in Sage-mode before he was summoned and when he "won against the fight within himself" (I suppose you mean when Yondaime's remnant sealed the Kyubi?) he had been immobile for quite some time since he couldn't even move in the first place.