AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-23, 05:03   Link #8841
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
*saves all

The second and third are the Best 32 right?
Someone seems to be missing, there's only 31 girls on the image.
Read the text on the bottom left. You'll know who is missing and playing the role of Negi.
Old 2008-10-23, 05:11   Link #8842
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Ah, I see!

So it's really Hayate, thank you for pointing it out.
Old 2008-10-23, 06:16   Link #8843
lotuspirate
ごめんなさい

Send a message via MSN to lotuspirate
So now that the block_finals are over, what are we moving on to? (if you get what I mean)

I am supporting Tsukasa and then Fuuko! Too bad they are against each other

I find Tsukasa's texting ability and facial expressions very moe, and Fuuko is #1 in Japan!
Old 2008-10-23, 06:22   Link #8844
mako1138
tsun tsun dere dere

Meh, the code generator doesn't like me anymore ;_;

I'll be happy if either Hina or Kagami wins.
Old 2008-10-23, 06:28   Link #8845
uis

So for the first time I will vote Tsukasa!!!
Enough with hate vote last year... lol...

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
Old 2008-10-23, 06:30   Link #8846
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Hate and tactical votes were what caused the outcome of last year Saimoe.
Old 2008-10-23, 06:51   Link #8847
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

I'm watching Higurashi at the moment, and I must say that Rika is very moe. I don't see the problem in her winning. However, other members of the top 8 last year, such as Konata and Shinku, I don't find moe at all.
Old 2008-10-23, 06:53   Link #8848
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eczema View Post
I'm watching Higurashi at the moment, and I must say that Rika is very moe. I don't see the problem in her winning. However, other members of the top 8 last year, such as Konata and Shinku, I don't find moe at all.
I don't have a problem with Rika either. However, I know people out there and in the blogsphere who would have liked another one.
Old 2008-10-23, 07:05   Link #8849
uis

Rika is moe... lol if she not moe...
Konata maybe not moe but she have many supporter... I like her because she great otaku... lol

For Tsukasa... I didnt see her moe... Even half of my friends said she faking her moe...
I didnt understand what they said lol... Anyway she great character...

Old 2008-10-23, 07:06   Link #8850
LazyCanuck
I do nothing all the time

there was nothing wrong with the two finalists last year as far as i'm concerned since i like both Nagi and Rika, i just think that there are much better characters that should, under normal circumstances, have probably beaten both Rika and Nagi. Case in point look at this year, both finalists were knocked out rather early.

As far as i've been told, all the hate and tactical voting knocked off all the top of the high tier characters and because of that yall ended up with 2 bottom high tier girls, which is nothing terrible but kinda odd to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uis
For Tsukasa... I didnt see her moe... Even half of my friends said she faking her moe... I didnt understand what they said lol...

I think your friends were basically telling you that Tsukasa is a moeblob, her only purpose is basically to stand there and look/act cute (i guess, someone who has seen Lucky star should probably correct that if i'm wrong)
Old 2008-10-23, 07:16   Link #8851
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

In the event of a tie, would both characters progress to the next round like in earlier rounds, or would there be some sort of tiebreaker from now on? Just thinking it would be funny if all 3 Clannad made the final (Tomoyo and Nagisa tie in semis and face Fuuko) ROFL.
Old 2008-10-23, 07:20   Link #8852
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Quote:
In the event of a tie, would both characters progress to the next round like in earlier rounds, or would there be some sort of tiebreaker from now on? Just thinking it would be funny if all 3 Clannad made the final (Tomoyo and Nagisa tie in semis and face Fuuko) ROFL.
It's unlikely. Now, the Clannad girls have one fcking big bull's eye painted on them.
Old 2008-10-23, 07:23   Link #8853
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Of course, Tomoyo isn't getting past Kagami. But if another, more tight match (maybe Nagisa Vs Tamaki) were to end in a tie, would they both go through?
Old 2008-10-23, 07:28   Link #8854
GoldAlchemist
Yamada...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Hate and tactical votes were what caused the outcome of last year Saimoe.
Since 2005, i would say. I guess the organized voting started with the formation of two strong faction in the past: Nanoha and Rozen Maiden.

Last year, Rika and Nagi both made it to the final by being the least hated characters.

While i used to dislike the hate and tactical votes in the past when they voted out my favorite characters, i somehow miss the heat and fun it generated.

Quote:
Of course, Tomoyo isn't getting past Kagami. But if another, more tight match (maybe Nagisa Vs Tamaki) were to end in a tie, would they both go through?
If i were not wrong, YES. But better check with Ando on this.
Old 2008-10-23, 07:41   Link #8855
uis

Quote:
I think your friends were basically telling you that Tsukasa is a moeblob, her only purpose is basically to stand there and look/act cute (i guess, someone who has seen Lucky star should probably correct that if i'm wrong)
Tsukasa moeblob....
Funny... I watch Lucky Star many times....

Maybe my friends think like that... lol...

Old 2008-10-23, 07:41   Link #8856
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Awesome if true. Much better than K-Saimoe's tiebreak method.
Old 2008-10-23, 08:19   Link #8857
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by archanfels View Post
So it's true huh, Desu cheated her way over Yuki in 06, then exactly one year after got the sweet vengeance in the form of Tsukasa.

Heard that rumor but never bothered to confirm it. Mind you I can't care less about Desu (or Yuki), but does find the notorious fake voting stories of hers interesting.

Oh and btw, people who consider the Hiiragi sisters as lolis obviously have never actually watch/read LS, likely based their opinions solely on pictures.
LS opponents seem to get a lot of fake votes, does that mean that LS fans are cheaters? Tsukasa, I would consider loli. She looks loli, doesn't do anything that I saw that makes her any more mature looking or acting that Konatas cousin, other then she is taller. Unless you consider getting raped by a deer to be a sign of non loliness. Clannad and LS will get hate/tactical voted out, and it will come down to Bamboo Blade, and Hinagiku. My hope is for an all Bamboo Blade final.

Last edited by Zeroryoko1974; 2008-10-23 at 08:29.
Old 2008-10-23, 09:49   Link #8858
todkapuz
Seiza + Katana = Ai-daiyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
LS opponents seem to get a lot of fake votes, does that mean that LS fans are cheaters?
depends on what theory of fake voting you believe in

I tend to fall in the theory you fake vote a charector that you DONT want to win... you both make the winning party feel more comfortable ("oh I don't have to vote this round.. 'xxx' is ahead by 342 votes, it won't make any difference"), AND you sway those who are neutral to pick up and vote for the (apparent) underdog to help support her ("well i love 'xxx' and 'yyy' ... poor 'yyy' is behind, I'll vote for her" --- been there done that in the past). others may have a different opinion.. but thats how it would work for me... if the fake votes were not super obvious.

but the other theory is possible to... you fake vote for the one you want to win, because people like winners and will support the current winner? ... I dont usually see this AS much with saimoe.. but it could be a valid theory.

edit: now I think BOTH of these theories fail when the fake votes get over 10% or so ... (or whenver its really obvious.. like 300 votes in one hour above what should be there) ... at which point the only theory I have is ... make people vote .. ("oh @#$@#$! who knows who is winning... I've GOT to vote this round")
Old 2008-10-23, 09:53   Link #8859
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Logically, I would think that people would fake vote for who they want to win, in an attempt that one of the fake codes turns out to be the same as a real code that was issued, and therefore get another vote for their character. I think most people now know not to take interim vote counters as a true indicator of voting patterns.
Old 2008-10-23, 10:22   Link #8860
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Quote:
Logically, I would think that people would fake vote for who they want to win, in an attempt that one of the fake codes turns out to be the same as a real code that was issued, and therefore get another vote for their character. I think most people now know not to take interim vote counters as a true indicator of voting patterns.
But it is the other way around. Stuff the rival with fake votes to win casual undecided pity votes.

Never forget
Closed Thread

Tags
j-moe, j-saimoe, saimoe