Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2013-03-20, 05:53   Link #881
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
The ruling party IS China. And the stereotyped behaviour is simply a self-fulfilling prophecy caused by an aggressive competition to take whatever perceived opportunities out of poverty or for a better life in China.
More like the Communists decided to go full Legalist on society and destroy whatever shred of ethical sense it had left.

Quote:
Kind of sad. Really. There isn't enough of anything to go around; much less for the rest of the world.
If China can't keep its economy strong, it won't be able to get resources to sustain itself, and then we'll have a nice big 1.5 billion-strong mess ahead of us.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 06:15   Link #882
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
More like the Communists decided to go full Legalist on society and destroy whatever shred of ethical sense it had left.
If it goes the way of UK during its Victorian times, we would be fine. If it doesn, well, the next part of your post says it all :

Quote:
If China can't keep its economy strong, it won't be able to get resources to sustain itself, and then we'll have a nice big 1.5 billion-strong mess ahead of us.
That is a problem actually. We are living on borrowed time.

No wonder it is said that China is a dragon which had just awoke from its slumber; usually living things are hungry once they wake up.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 09:23   Link #883
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
There's a reason why I put "accidental": He's like Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels in being a father of an ideology which would later be turned into crimes against humanity. The legacy of Minzu, where "China" must develop a "China-nationalism," Zhonghua Minzu, so as to unite all of the different ethnicities of China into one people sharing common blood, livelihood, religion, language and customs, is the foundation upon which his successors used to expand Sinocentricism.
Right, using that argument, isn't Jesus and Mohammad going to be leap and bound a head of old man Sun? I mean, I am sure they didn't mean to have god awful amount of religious wars happening based on their teaching.

Seriously, I don't think anything about China will make you happy unless it disband itself into little pieces of no political or economic importance. Go look at the Balkans and tell me that is a great idea.

Sun Zhong Shan overthrown a corrupt and despotic government and did his best from China going Somalia or becoming a western puppet state. That is his legacy. Period.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 09:28   Link #884
Ridwan

This is getting silly.
Old 2013-03-20, 09:59   Link #885
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
Right, using that argument, isn't Jesus and Mohammad going to be leap and bound a head of old man Sun? I mean, I am sure they didn't mean to have god awful amount of religious wars happening based on their teaching.
No, because Sun's ideology has been corrupted in less than a century and cause far more damage to the world.

Quote:
Seriously, I don't think anything about China will make you happy unless it disband itself into little pieces of no political or economic importance. Go look at the Balkans and tell me that is a great idea.
I don't think you want to know what I have in mind.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 10:01   Link #886
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridwan View Post
This is getting silly.
Silly is okay. Silly can be fun. This has gotten beyond silly now.
Old 2013-03-20, 10:10   Link #887
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Silly is okay. Silly can be fun. This has gotten beyond silly now.
it is now EPIC!!!
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 10:15   Link #888
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
it is now EPIC!!!
I think the ethnic Chinese members of this forum are broken by this thread.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-03-20, 10:19   Link #889
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
No, because Sun's ideology has been corrupted in less than a century and caused far more damage to the world.
Eh, Chinese reunification was somewhat inevitable, give or take a few border regions. Maybe you could get independent Manchuria and Guangdong out of it. Not to mention the CCP which ended up taking power didn't put much importance on the Zhonghua minzu idea until recently.
Not really seeing where the "far more damage" is coming in.
Quote:
It's okay as long as it's ASB.
Quote:
The white part of me can do this forever.
Old 2013-03-20, 10:22   Link #890
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Eh, Chinese reunification was somewhat inevitable, give or take a few border regions. Maybe you could get independent Manchuria and Guangdong out of it.
Not really, because until Sun came along there was no "Han" ethnicity in the sense of the unified nation that we have today. That's the thing which changed the entire equation.

Quote:
Not to mention the CCP which ended up taking power didn't put much importance on the Zhonghua minzu idea until recently.
Uyghurstan and Tibet probably has a few things to say about that.

Quote:
It's okay as long as it's ASB.
I don't settle for ASB. That's the thing.
Old 2013-03-20, 10:25   Link #891
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
No, because Sun's ideology has been corrupted in less than a century and cause far more damage to the world.
That make absolutely no sense what so ever. Did Sun's ideology cause a band of people to hijack airplanes and crash them into the world trade center? Inspire an American president to invade Iraq? Inspire an Austrian corporal to cleanse the world of Jews?

Why don't you go accuse Sun Zhong Shan of stealing the Apple of Eden and started the original sin or something? We might as well go back to the beginning.

Quote:
You are right. I don't really care. Why don't you go to your little shrine somewhere and pray for the destruction Bejing, sinking of Shanghai into the sea, or collapse of the great wall?

And I will revel the fact nothing-is-going-to-happen.
Old 2013-03-20, 10:28   Link #892
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
That make absolutely no sense what so ever. Did Sun's ideology cause a band of people to hijack airplanes and crash them into the world trade center? Inspire an American president to invade Iraq? Inspire an Austrian corporal to cleanse the world of Jews?

Why don't you go accuse Sun Zhong Shan of stealing the Apple of Eden and started the original sin or something? We might as well go back to the beginning.
*Yawn*

Got any actual argument aside from off-topic ones?

Quote:
You are right. I don't really care. Why don't you go to your little shrine somewhere and pray for the destruction Bejing, sinking of Shanghai into the sea, or collapse of the great wall?

And I will revel the fact nothing-is-going-to-happen.
Nah, what I want is already happening in PRC anyway. I don't want "innocent" people to be hurt, you know, unlike what your delusions think.
Old 2013-03-20, 10:35   Link #893
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
*Yawn*

Got any actual argument aside from off-topic ones?
What off topic? You are the one who accuse Sun doing more damage than even Jesus or Mohammad who "inspired" nearly 2000 years worth of the strife. So if Sun achieve even more than that, then perhaps we can might well add the original sin to it.

Quote:
Nah, what I want is already happening in PRC anyway. I don't want "innocent" people to be hurt, you know, unlike what your delusions think.
Fun fact: When a government collapse or a nation fall apart, people of all strips WILL get hurt. I rather watch a government reform peacefully than dissolve violently. Is the current Chinese government THE BEST it ever be? No, not by a mile. But it is one that is better than what you are hinting.

At the current rate, China will outlive the EU at least.
Old 2013-03-20, 10:39   Link #894
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
What off topic? You are the one who accuse Sun doing more damage than even Jesus or Mohammad who "inspired" nearly 2000 years worth of the strife. So if Sun achieve even more than that, then perhaps we can might well add the original sin to it.
Death tolls is just a number, I suppose. But oh well, to each their own.

Quote:
Fun fact: When a government collapse or a nation fall apart, people of all strips WILL get hurt. I rather watch a government reform peacefully than dissolve violently. Is the current Chinese government THE BEST it ever be? No, not by a mile. But it is one that is better than what you are hinting.

At the current rate, China will outlive the EU at least.
And what does that have to do with what I want?
Old 2013-03-20, 10:43   Link #895
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Not really, because until Sun came along there was no "Han" ethnicity in the sense of the unified nation that we have today. That's the thing which changed the entire equation.
The recurring reunfications and expansions of China proper throughout history show that the idea of the "nation" is superfluous where China is concerned. If you are politically capable and willing to assimilate to the overall culture, you can become Chinese. Look at what the Manchus did.

Quote:
Uyghurstan and Tibet probably has a few things to say about that.
It's tragic, but both of those occurred as sudden land-grabs made by the Communists and in any case had historical precedent. Again, no concept of Han ethnicity necessary.
It's more comparable to Stalin's conquest of the Baltic states and attempted consumption of Finland; they had all been part of Russia before so he thought "why not?" Mao probably had similar thoughts.

Interestingly enough, had Sun Zhongshan's party, the KMT, succeeded, Xinjiang would probably be independent (and either communist or fundamentally Islamic by now, but that's another can of worms).

Quote:
I don't settle for ASB. That's the thing.
ASB can be more fun than boring old plausibility sometimes; just ask the guys who planned Barbarossa.
Old 2013-03-20, 10:44   Link #896
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
naw, I'm just gonna sit back and /popcorn now, it's reached a point of absurdity that it's become entertaining
Old 2013-03-20, 10:46   Link #897
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
naw, I'm just gonna sit back and /popcorn now, it's reached a point of absurdity that it's become entertaining
You are Taiwanese right? Would you mind bringing over a few of your local lolis for me to cuddle while I watch - *IS SHOT*

Old 2013-03-20, 10:46   Link #898
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintessheart View Post
you are taiwanese right? Would you mind bringing over a few of your local lolis for me to cuddle while i watch - *is shot*
they're all mine!!!!
Old 2013-03-20, 10:46   Link #899
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Hell yeah. This is much more amusing than arguing over some ocean rocks.
Old 2013-03-20, 10:47   Link #900
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Hell yeah. This is much more amusing than arguing over some ocean rocks.
Well, when I round up enough capital .. http://www.privateislandsonline.com/ ..

Tags
border, china, dispute, japan