AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Old 2010-07-19, 11:11   Link #881
Suzumura55
Banned

I'm Glad this arc is gonna be over because i was seriously getting bored with. There were a few entertaining parts, but all in all i wasn't impressed. But, once that Girl's arc is done will we never see them again in the other girl's arcs? I need that question answered. Can't wait to see the other's especially Ai's. (drools)
Suzumura55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 11:12   Link #882
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzumura55 View Post
I'm Glad this arc is gonna be over because i was seriously getting bored with. There were a few entertaining parts, but all in all i wasn't impressed. But, once that Girl's arc is done will we never see them again in the other girl's arcs? I need that question answered. Can't wait to see the other's especially Ai's. (drools)
We'll still see Haruka in the next arc's, just as we're seeing the other girls in the current one.
Old 2010-07-19, 11:22   Link #883
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzumura55 View Post
You "see" all the girls in each arc, just as you did in this one. Are you sure you're paying attention?

I was somewhat ambivalent on this arc, but then I'm not particularly 'shipping for any particular girl. The pacing of the whole series is probably going to feel leisurely (even if events themselves are rushed) just as this arc was.

Purely personal... but Morishima didn't strike a large number of bells with me. She's cute but seems a bit too clueless about ramifications of her actions. Not that "Ni-ni" has any more clues at any given moment. Points to the story for portraying just how awkward and fumbling 'first love' can be.

At times, it's like trying to play one of those date-sim games where you don't like ANY of the answers/choices they provide to you because they're all idiotic, obnoxious, or stupid I suspect some of the other arcs may be more interesting to me.

Last edited by Vexx; 2010-07-19 at 16:26.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 11:27   Link #884
Itlandm
Porcupine

I am looking forward to the arc with Kaoru Tanamachi, not because of her hair at all, but because of her personality and her obviously strong friendship with the male protagonist. I enjoy seeing a healthy friendship between young men and women, and it is also something I am familiar with myself, unlike weird romances with near-strangers in secluded spots.

Ironically, I may enjoy her appearances in other arcs more than her own, if their friendship is broken early on to give room for the romance. Still, I am cautiously optimistic.

Another concern is that they may take her too far in the "tsundere" direction, which she seems to lean toward naturally. I would not like to see it degenerate into a "beat up the boy" story that we have had too many of in my opinion.

I agree about the beauty of Rihoko Sakurai, but it looks to me that she will be portrayed as childlike, which is disturbing in the context of romance. The "look at me, look at me" scene in episode 3 does not bode too well. But at least she is literate, so that is something. I have a feeling though that she may be portrayed as someone who can be easily flattered by simply accepting her body shape - something any healthy male could do easily.

I assume the different arcs will be sold separately, so the series may still redeem itself greatly if it has a good arc next.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 11:56   Link #885
Suzumura55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
I am looking forward to the arc with Kaoru Tanamachi, not because of her hair at all, but because of her personality and her obviously strong friendship with the male protagonist. I enjoy seeing a healthy friendship between young men and women, and it is also something I am familiar with myself, unlike weird romances with near-strangers in secluded spots.

Ironically, I may enjoy her appearances in other arcs more than her own, if their friendship is broken early on to give room for the romance. Still, I am cautiously optimistic.

Another concern is that they may take her too far in the "tsundere" direction, which she seems to lean toward naturally. I would not like to see it degenerate into a "beat up the boy" story that we have had too many of in my opinion.

I agree about the beauty of Rihoko Sakurai, but it looks to me that she will be portrayed as childlike, which is disturbing in the context of romance. The "look at me, look at me" scene in episode 3 does not bode too well. But at least she is literate, so that is something. I have a feeling though that she may be portrayed as someone who can be easily flattered by simply accepting her body shape - something any healthy male could do easily.

I assume the different arcs will be sold separately, so the series may still redeem itself greatly if it has a good arc next.

That's what makes Rihoko so cute! She kinda wants that attention. I find her irresistable. I will nickname her "piggy" for now cause she's so cute.
Old 2010-07-19, 12:11   Link #886
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
I like tsunderes so see no point in such concerns at all. But anyway, I think it will be Ayatsuji who will be closer to tsundere than a Kaoru, despite their initial appearances.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 06:41   Link #887
lionel23

Agree with you there Darknemo, I strongly believe that Ayatsuji is the 'tsundere' of all the girls, not sure how I would describe Kaoru myself. It's a terrible shame she's dead last in the arcs, that's the one girl I really want to see her story line with!
lionel23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 11:05   Link #888
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionel23 View Post
Agree with you there Darknemo, I strongly believe that Ayatsuji is the 'tsundere' of all the girls, not sure how I would describe Kaoru myself. It's a terrible shame she's dead last in the arcs, that's the one girl I really want to see her story line with!
The put her last for a reason - you know save the best for the last. The needed the first two arcs to be captivating so that the viewers would not drop, so they went with Haruka because of her looks and pet-play (happens in the game too) and with Kaoru because of her sexy hair thing.

And they needed to finish with a really good character too so they went with Ayatsuji who, because of her complex personality seems to be mangakas favorite.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 11:05   Link #889
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Lol. The shipping begins before the protagonist has had much interaction with 5/6 of the girls.

Personally, I think Haruka is terrific. But I hope and expect to feel the same about all the girls, culminating in Tsukasa/Nazuka Kaori, who may be just a little more terrific than anyone else.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 12:20   Link #890
kujoe
from head to heel

I wouldn't say Tsukasa is tsundere, at least going by what we've seen so far. She's not acting cold or even 'high and mighty' for one thing, and instead she's rather... normal. She's seems to be the typical sweet girl that may just have some character twist somewhere for the sake of uniqueness. Heck, she might even be the opposite of a tsundere..?

I'm not sure what she's about, but she's no tsundere.

Last edited by kujoe; 2010-07-21 at 12:32.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 12:31   Link #891
msg

Since the next arc about kaoru's - more sexhairs!!
Spoiler:

The opening song - ' I love you from my heart, i love you forever _____.
Is she singing "we do' or "with you" at the end of that sentences ? I see some subbers translate both.

I got a feeling the final episodes will end exactly at christmas day.
Old 2010-07-21, 12:50   Link #892
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
Spoiler:
Ooh it looks nice and warm under that sweater.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 12:53   Link #893
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
Spoiler:
Nothing beats Kaoru on Shiroth's sig. Just having curl hair won't be enough.. need to play it.. play till every guy's eyes becomes curled
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 12:56   Link #894
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Nothing beats Kaoru on Shiroth's sig. Just having curl hair won't be enough.. need to play it.. play till every guy's eyes becomes curled
I hope the animators will put a lot of attention in every wavy/curly lock on her head.

As much as I am looking forward to her arc, it's a pity that she'll have only four episodes mainly dedicated to her... same with all the other heroines I guess.
Old 2010-07-21, 13:03   Link #895
kujoe
from head to heel

The one with the most potential for tsundere or kuudere for me right now is Nanasaki. Even during her introduction, she was giving such vibes.

She's the most favourite of the Japanese fanbase, so my interest has been piqued.
Old 2010-07-21, 13:21   Link #896
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I would like to remind that spoilers about future events (and this includes details about character personalities not yet revealed by the anime) shouldn't be disclosed in anime discussion threads, so please let the subject drop; we will find out about these characters when the anime deems it necessary.
Old 2010-07-21, 14:55   Link #897
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
See when i look at my sig everytime i make a post, it depresses me because it doesn't look that messy in the anime.
Old 2010-07-21, 17:18   Link #898
Circlebutton
Occasional Occasionalist.

Y'know, I thought i've outgrown downloading anime pictures a long time ago. Now I have an Amagami folder and it's filling up with Tanamachi...
Old 2010-07-21, 18:21   Link #899
Suzumura55
Banned

I'll let tomorrow's episode decide whether i will continue watching this show or not and then badmouth it.
Old 2010-07-21, 18:50   Link #900
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I apologize if this has been posted already, but for my fellow one-piece bathing suit fans...

Tags
romance, seinen, shounen