4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.49%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.25%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.49%
Voters: 407. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-04-01, 05:50   Link #881
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Watched Episode 25 through Chinese subs.

Tieria kicks it. Meh.
Allelujah is left drifting again. Meh.
Corner kicks it. Meh.
Graham and Setsuna offs each other. Meh.

I just can't bring myself to care, especially Graham the way he was treated. Gundam 00 had some good stuff at the last few episodes, but it ended the way it started and continued for a good 2/3 of the entire season; meh.

6/10
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 06:03   Link #882
jonli
JONLIの憂'

I rewatched the episode again, and I was thinking.

If setsuna really died (which of course he didnt) his last words would be "Gun...Gundam."

Damn boy, you're pretty obsessed. If I'm engulfed in the "light of doom", and about to be vaporized in thin air I'd probably shout out something like "I love you (insert girls name)" or "MOMMY!" etc instead of "gundam".
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 06:29   Link #883
Zekori

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
I rewatched the episode again, and I was thinking.

If setsuna really died (which of course he didnt) his last words would be "Gun...Gundam."

Damn boy, you're pretty obsessed. If I'm engulfed in the "light of doom", and about to be vaporized in thin air I'd probably shout out something like "I love you (insert girls name)" or "MOMMY!" etc instead of "gundam".
It's just a level of mentality or even to some extent respect.

In most cases when a person saved by a doctor, their treat them like their hero because literally they did the above and beyond, doing a miracle by saving that persons life.

Set and Gundam's case isn't so different, on a battlefield with no hope and people you know dying left and right then comes along the thing that saved your life, it wasn't the gods he fought for or even had to kill his parents for, but rather Gundam which more or less speaking, liberated him from that kind of cheap death.

But I agree to some extent they sorta made Setsuna's character one dimensional, hopefully they'll expand on everyone a bit on the second season.
Zekori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 06:45   Link #884
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
Training?
In our society today, in order to go up to space and be an astronaut, you need a lot of training. Most of the US astronauts were able to pilot jet planes. Anyone ever see that rolling ball that makes people fly through incredible speeds in TV?

Saji is a space cadet or something like that. He works in outer space. It might be the future but he still had to go through a lot of training in order to get there. He is more than qualified if you compare him to Setsuna who is only a foot soldier.
We have seen civilians go up in space via the elevator non-stop. Saji and Louise could also put on space suits and happily skip across the surface of the elevator while sightseeing earth from cosmos. Since they obviously had no training at that time, these actions in Gundam 00 don't require any special preparations and seem a pretty casual thing.

The comparison with Setsuna is not really valid - Setsuna underwent 2 years of training specifically to pilot a Gundam. Saji is operating a forklift. I don't think the later requires extensive training and would be very helpful in piloting a gundam (then again it takes 2 sticks to pilot both apparently, so ...)
Old 2008-04-01, 07:37   Link #885
nutype
Future MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Watched Episode 25 through Chinese subs.

Tieria kicks it. Meh.
Allelujah is left drifting again. Meh.
Corner kicks it. Meh.
Graham and Setsuna offs each other. Meh.

I just can't bring myself to care, especially Graham the way he was treated. Gundam 00 had some good stuff at the last few episodes, but it ended the way it started and continued for a good 2/3 of the entire season; meh.

6/10
by chance did you give 6/10 for ep24 as well?

wait, that's beside the point.

Do you think Clannad is an overall better series than gundam 00?
nutype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 07:40   Link #886
Ascaloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutype View Post
by chance did you give 6/10 for ep24 as well?

wait, that's beside the point.

Do you think Clannad is an overall better series than gundam 00?
My answer? Yes.

EDIT: And oh, BTW, if you're intending to take this further, it's going off-topic. Let's not have that here, thanks.

Last edited by Ascaloth; 2008-04-01 at 07:55.
Old 2008-04-01, 07:58   Link #887
Ascaloth

[quote removed by a moderator]

I followed Gundam 00 because I expected it to be worth watching. The 6/10 reflects my disappointment on that score. Take it, leave it, I don't care either way.
Old 2008-04-01, 08:06   Link #888
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

That's enough.

Each one is entitled to their own viewing experience of a show. Both shows, Clannad and 00 are good on their own stature, some episodes better than the other, and I personally think neither are 'great' in the slightest. People have their own preferences to this, and this is not the place to argue about that.

~~~

Back on topic, it was a decent episode imo, though this is where I felt 00 should've made the first half more emotionally effective. The pace heightened after Thrones came by, but the essential build-up should've been done better to reflect the finale, even if some subtlety is lost.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 08:36   Link #889
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

Rewatch the episode again and again hahaha just can't get enough gundam 00 and have to wait for another six months ......................................

eventhough some people said that the battle between setsuna and graham kinda being rushed actually it's done really nicely when Graham come I was like omg it's the "Red Comet" their batlle was like fated battle for me (something that must happen)

many people said Sheria or whatever she called might be the female counterpart of teria what if since the beginning tieria is actually a girl however she tried to interpret herself as a man (probably her male counterpart died and she tried to become like him) since lockon death she become more accepting to her realself - kind of make sense for her hairstyle (memoir to lockon) and voice (probably real one) at the end of episode

Last edited by Ardi220288; 2008-04-01 at 08:50.
Ardi220288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 08:50   Link #890
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Just noticed this :-

As Amuro :-

As Ribbons :-

(そういう物言いだから器量が小さいのさ)

Funny he said almost the exact same things after a period of 20 years. Too much of a coincidence ?
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 10:11   Link #891
diablo12

I like Lockon, and I found after his death, the whole show started to be attractive.

I DO not think Clannad is better than Gundam 00. Kyoto Animation is a poor story teller, whatever in the end of Kanon or the summer chapter of Air. For Clannad, too much more fuuko, I think. Clannad The game is still much more better than Kyoto Animation's TV series.
diablo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 11:16   Link #892
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Just noticed this :-

As Amuro :-

As Ribbons :-

(そういう物言いだから器量が小さいのさ)

Funny he said almost the exact same things after a period of 20 years. Too much of a coincidence ?
... Explain please, I don't get it...

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 11:18   Link #893
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Okay, you have your opinion, and let's stop here. There's no point to bash other series to make your favorite looks good. He don't like Gundam 00, then let him be.

What worse is you are comparing 2 anime of different genre to each other.
Old 2008-04-01, 11:47   Link #894
Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Oh $hit I forgot about Halleh, Soma, and Sergei....Oh well catch'em on the flipside^^...

Spoiler for Final Gundam Power Rankings:

MORE TO COME ?
Hey I'd love to hear what you have to say on the others. And as for you power rankings, sorry, but I see Al/Hal being top. I just don't see how Ali could have been otying whilst getting his ass beat like that. He was losing, and it took the intervention of someone on a suicide run to give him an advantage. I just can't see Ali as the best pilot after what other pilots have shown after that.
Old 2008-04-01, 12:21   Link #895
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Dude, Ali got owned by a chopped-off canon. 'Bout the only thing worse is being owned by a rock, like Amuro. :lol:
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 12:42   Link #896
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
It's hard to look for a guy floating in space, you know!

Considering he not only survived the ordeal but also fired off a pinpoint shot AS his Gundam was being hit, I'd say he's pretty damned good!
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 13:15   Link #897
Derringer
Bluefin Distribution
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
... Explain please, I don't get it...
Ribbons and Amuro are played by the same voice actor

That's also what started the "OH SHIT RIBBONS PILOTS THE 0 GUNDAM" thing.
Derringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 13:26   Link #898
SilverHeimdall

Hm, I know we see someone like Patrick in the epilogue but.... I don't believe it just yet. He was destroyed! :[

Ah well, awesome ending.
Old 2008-04-01, 13:29   Link #899
mougrim

Send a message via ICQ to mougrim
Well, I think of it, and... Series rating:

1-11: boring, look-alike episodes with rare enlightenments
12-17: good, very good. Exiting fights, some development of characters.
17-25: OMFG. Characters dieing one after another, plot whirling like maelstrom, clandestine conspiracies revealed, Alehandro in BIG GOLDEN HAXX MOBILE ARMOR... rulezz... Ah, and Barak Obama as president of new Federation
mougrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 13:32   Link #900
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
That will do I think on comparisons between 00 and Clannad as they aren't really comparable. Personally I didn't like Clannad as much as 00, but that's based on my own personal preference. I personally gave Clannad a 7.5 final rating and will be giving 00 an 8.5. Both stand as examples of good programming in their own particular categories, but should be never brought together for comparison other than to say they were the most popular and well-received anime of the season.

[rant removed by a moderator for being useless]
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote