AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-02-19, 14:26   Link #881
Iramohs

Quote:
I did say that she has her Multi-scope for targeting. And her magic is Herd Control type, Hattori's activation is not close to Mayumi's, compared to her he is a slowpoke. The fight would be one-sided because Erika would not be able to attack before her to begin with. Reread the scene when she assaulted soldiers with supersonic pellets, how could Erika counter this? She did this effortlessly. I don't get why Erika is suddenly considered as someone at Mayumi's level, she has never been at this level. Mayumi VS Erika would be extremely one-sided in Mayumi's favor.
Multi-scope allows you to look at a physical objects from multiple different direction. If you can't locate the target it's pointless. You're underestimating physical abilities.
Iramohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 14:47   Link #882
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iramohs View Post
Multi-scope allows you to look at a physical objects from multiple different direction. If you can't locate the target it's pointless. You're underestimating physical abilities.
Since she can look from different directions, locating her target is not a problem. Especially since magicians can sense magic when it's activated. I am not underestimating physical abilities, Mayumi can activate her magic before Erika can do anything, she doesn't rely on physical abilities, only magic power. Why would she be unable to locate Erika when Erika can't even use her acceleration before her to begin with?
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 14:48   Link #883
bones

But Erika wouldn't be able to disappear from her visually as Mayumi's magic compensates for that at least that's my understanding so I'm not sure what your point is.
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 15:47   Link #884
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
I did say that she has her Multi-scope for targeting. And her magic is Herd Control type, Hattori's activation is not close to Mayumi's, compared to her he is a slowpoke. The fight would be one-sided because Erika would not be able to attack before her to begin with. Reread the scene when she assaulted soldiers with supersonic pellets, how could Erika counter this? She did this effortlessly. I don't get why Erika is suddenly considered as someone at Mayumi's level, she has never been at this level. Mayumi VS Erika would be extremely one-sided in Mayumi's favor.

Well above 120 kmh? Ok, let's say she is, she can't be way above 300 kmh. Personal Acceleration is her forte, I know it. It doesn't change that she is nowhere near the speed of sound. And she would be assaulted by pellets before she can activate it. Naked eye can't follow it but Mayumi has ESP for this. Also the weakness of personal acceleration is known since vol 9, by tracking the information it's possible to pinpoint the target, even without AOE Miyuki can do this. And Mayumi's senses are above Miyuki's for obvious reasons.
Multi-Scope is like just a normal scope; when you scope you just Zoom in and Out; It doesnt widen her view; But it can view at a 360 degree angle; This is why her dry pellets are able to target someone in all directon. It only help her aim better; she cant use it like the way you think it is. @ first I thought it was a 360 degree scoping/looking @ all direction at the time but when I read the decription its not. and Multi-scope is a form of Magic;Meaning she cant cast anything when its on; as we both know; Its impossible to use 2 magic at the same time.

Erika's weakness doesnt exist; as long as blind exist she can exploit it; Tatsuya even compare a doll; with Erika but say its predictable as Erika combat are both using physical and magic factors. Unless a person can spam a 360 magic or Erika has a limited place to go like her practice in shield down; puts Erika in top combat figther in first high.

Quote:
Since she can look from different directions, locating her target is not a problem. Especially since magicians can sense magic when it's activated. I am not underestimating physical abilities, Mayumi can activate her magic before Erika can do anything, she doesn't rely on physical abilities, only magic power. Why would she be unable to locate Erika when Erika can't even use her acceleration before her to begin with?
You are misunderstand the definition of "angle" and "direction"
there difference in those two as angle are degree's to look at something; direction is a course of look at something this pertains to looking at north, west, south, and east; it doesnt widen her view; it make her more focus on an object and is able to look at it in a view of that of like as a camera encircling a target. Hence a 360 degree view of an object.

Erika speed is easily tops both Nao and Toshi as she is the only user of Yamatsunami. Requirement for this is the ability to move in high speed without using any magic; some with different variables such as form, high speed reaction and perception. Mock teleport are nothing to Erika as Erika easily is faster than it.

EDIT: Its very hard to explain when its not your preferred subject. Think of Multi-scope as camera filming.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Last edited by pampz21; 2015-02-19 at 16:14.
pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 16:32   Link #885
Iramohs

Quote:
Meaning she cant cast anything when its on; as we both know; Its impossible to use 2 magic at the same time.
The purpose of the 3rd institute was the ability to use multiple high level magics at the same time. The purpose of the 7th institute was the control of multiple objects as one(herd control). Mayumi uses both of these for her Dry Blizzard/Multiscope combo.

Quote:
Locating a target like Erika is the problem. She can at one place/object from multiple different angles. She doesn't have a 360 degree field of vision. Read the part of volume 6 when they're in the detention center. She asks Tatsuya to locate where the intruders are coming from, the uses multiscope to see through the walls and find them. If multiscope was the omniscient magic you think it is, she wouldn't have asked where there are. From the wiki:
Quote:
Multi-Scope or Multi-Observation is a long-ranged Visual Systematic Sensory Magic that is used to observe a physical object from multiple angles like a visual radar. It also enables Mayumi to expand her vision beyond obstructions like walls.
Iramohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 16:36   Link #886
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

You just quoted it...
Quote:
Quote:
Multi-Scope or Multi-Observation is a long-ranged Visual Systematic Sensory Magic that is used to observe a physical object from multiple angles like a visual radar. It also enables Mayumi to expand her vision beyond obstructions like walls.
If she could do that, why ask Tatsuya? Your clearly not stating all the facts and just trying to use things to your advantage.

Multi-scope like you said from multiple angles, then you said like a visual radar- that's 360 degrees. Quit embarrassing yourselves and get over your delusions.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 16:51   Link #887
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iramohs View Post
Locating a target like Erika is the problem. She can at one place/object from multiple different angles. She doesn't have a 360 degree field of vision. Read the part of volume 6 when they're in the detention center. She asks Tatsuya to locate where the intruders are coming from, the uses multiscope to see through the walls and find them. If multiscope was the omniscient magic you think it is, she wouldn't have asked where there are. From the wiki:
Why would Erika be hard to locate? She is not a Parade user, her activation speed is slow compared to Mayumi and normal movements are not impressive against magicians. I do not find MS omniscient, it only expands her field of vision, nothing else, ES is much better than this. And it was said that she is able to use it to guard her perimeter so that nobody can take her by surprise so I don't see how it can't be usable to see at 360 degree. Tatsuya himself doesn't use 360 degree vision all the time, he looks in a certain direction and inspects with his eye, like when he spied the Kudou lab.

Tatsuya said they were at the 3rd floor and she inspected the floor.

She is attacking many soldiers at once in volume 7, Erika would be no different.

Spoiler for Quote:
Old 2015-02-19, 16:56   Link #888
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Why would Erika be hard to locate? She is not a Parade user. I do not find MS omniscient, it only expands her field of vision, nothing else, ES is much better than this. And it was said that she is able to use it to guard her perimeter so that nobody can take her by surprise so I don't see how it can't be usable to see at 360 degree. Tatsuya himself doesn't use 360 degree vision all the time, he looks in a certain direction and inspects with his eye, like when he spied the Kudou lab.

Tatsuya said they were at the 3rd floor and she inspected the floor.
Dude he just said the answer already; Key word was Visual Rader;

She cant view at a 360 degree all at the same time; that pointer need to rotate first. And it would be too late if she had to do a 360 view; thats why she had to rely on Tatsuya who can look at a 360 degree view all at the same time.

If you still dont understand what he meant then theres no point in talking.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2015-02-19, 17:01   Link #889
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Did I same the same time? No, but Multi-Scope with multi directions can in theory which I think she can. Pamps stop trying to be smart because your not.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Old 2015-02-19, 17:02   Link #890
Echizen777

How do you see Erika escaping Mayumi in the first place? That's impossible. Mayumi is too fast for her, she would not even be able to activate her magic. I also said above that magicians sense the activation of magic and Mayumi's senses are quite sharp. Erika is simply not able to win.
Old 2015-02-19, 17:13   Link #891
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
Did I same the same time? No, but Multi-Scope with multi directions can in theory which I think she can. Pamps stop trying to be smart because your not.
Whos bending facts smart ass.

Quote:
How do you see Erika escaping Mayumi in the first place? That's impossible. Mayumi is too fast for her, she would not even be able to activate her magic. I also said above that magicians sense the activation of magic and Mayumi's senses are quite sharp. Erika is simply not able to win.
I tried researching Satou's favorite words to express people "who move at speed that eyes cant follow" and you know what I got, nothing realistic of an answer. If we go by what Satou described anyone who Satou described like that is moving in a fraction of the speed light. Roughly 504,000 mph; or people who can move at 13milisecond. 13 m/s is faster than any magician can cast.

Really even I think thats BS.
This is why I didnt want this to become another Erika VS Mayumi debate as it hurts my head.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2015-02-19, 17:15   Link #892
somerand

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Dude he just said the answer already; Key word was Visual Rader;

She cant view at a 360 degree all at the same time; that pointer need to rotate first. And it would be too late if she had to do a 360 view; thats why she had to rely on Tatsuya who can look at a 360 degree view all at the same time.

If you still dont understand what he meant then theres no point in talking.
“What you said just then… Mayumi seems to have not taken it too seriously. Because Mayumi has the special skill ‘Multi Scope’, that girl can guard her perimeter and nobody can take her by surprise, but since that ability is not a passive activation perception ability, when she doesn’t feel the need for vigilance, it’s like a toy trapped in its packaging.”

Erika isn't going to be able to speed blitz Mayumi... She wont be able to sneak attack her as stated above, she wont be able to activate magic without Mayumi sensing it well in advance, she wont be able to activate magic first because Mayumi is faster and she will have pellets coming at her from all directions at supersonic speeds...

"This was the "Magic Shooter" using dry ice as bullets.

The crossfire from the bullets came from all sorts of different angles to strike the enemy soldiers' head, back, and flanks. They were struck down without even knowing where the magic came from."

Als, Pampz Erika can't move at a speed that Mayumi can't follow even if by some miracle she manages to activate magic first (which she obviously can't). Magicians have an altered/slowed perception of time as seen in the Miyuki vs Lina fight, she literally views Erika's moves in slow motion, she isn't speed blitzing a 10MC magician. The notion is absurd in the first place, the strongest/ most valuable combatants in the country can't be beaten by people merely training their physical stats like Erika.

Erika is simply overwhelmed and out matched.
somerand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 17:19   Link #893
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerand View Post
“What you said just then… Mayumi seems to have not taken it too seriously. Because Mayumi has the special skill ‘Multi Scope’, that girl can guard her perimeter and nobody can take her by surprise, but since that ability is not a passive activation perception ability, when she doesn’t feel the need for vigilance, it’s like a toy trapped in its packaging.”

Erika isn't going to be able to speed blitz Mayumi... She wont be able to sneak attack her as stated above, she wont be able to activate magic without Mayumi sensing it well in advance, she wont be able to activate magic first because Mayumi is faster and she will have pellets coming at her from all directions at supersonic speeds...

"This was the "Magic Shooter" using dry ice as bullets.

The crossfire from the bullets came from all sorts of different angles to strike the enemy soldiers' head, back, and flanks. They were struck down without even knowing where the magic came from."

Erika is simply overwhelmed and out matched.
Check the post above;
Erika doesnt need to use Magic as her physical speed alone is equal or exceed that of her Self-Acceleration magic; If Mayumi tried to sense Erika; using Self-acceleration magic; Erika had already move in a different place with her physical speed.

Cant we now move on to other candidates?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2015-02-19, 17:21   Link #894
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Pamps, your not making sense, if Erika doesn't use magic then she's just going to be slower than if using magic. She's no where near as capable as tatsuya In that regard.

Old 2015-02-19, 17:22   Link #895
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
Pamps, your not making sense, if Erika doesn't use magic then she's just going to be slower than if using magic. She's no where near as capable as tatsuya In that regard.

Haha Thats what you get from not reading the god-damn novel.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2015-02-19, 17:26   Link #896
somerand

Quote:
Check the post above;
Erika doesnt need to use Magic as her physical speed alone is equal or exceed that of her Self-Acceleration magic; If Mayumi tried to sense Erika; using Self-acceleration magic; Erika had already move in a different place with her physical speed.

Cant we now move on to other candidates?
Pampz she doesn't exceed a person using self acceleration magic with her physical strength alone, please stop saying garbage like this.

"Without resorting to Personal-Acceleration Magic and only relying on the Engraving Magic that increased the blade’s strength, Erika slashed towards the masked woman. Even though magic was not used to accelerate the blade, this was still a degree of speed that was extremely difficult to avoid on physical abilities alone except by a small portion of people who were masters in martial arts. "

This clearly shows that Erika is faster while using magic. ^

This also shows how easily a high level magician can avoid Erika's attack. "Erika was confident that her opponent had not detected her attack until the instant before the blow was struck. In short, during the short instant when she raised her sword and struck, her opponent was able to select a magical response, activate it, and successfully avoid the attack. "
Old 2015-02-19, 17:43   Link #897
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerand View Post
Pampz she doesn't exceed a person using self acceleration magic with her physical strength alone, please stop saying garbage like this.

"Without resorting to Personal-Acceleration Magic and only relying on the Engraving Magic that increased the blade’s strength, Erika slashed towards the masked woman. Even though magic was not used to accelerate the blade, this was still a degree of speed that was extremely difficult to avoid on physical abilities alone except by a small portion of people who were masters in martial arts. "

This clearly shows that Erika is faster while using magic. ^

This also shows how easily a high level magician can avoid Erika's attack. "Erika was confident that her opponent had not detected her attack until the instant before the blow was struck. In short, during the short instant when she raised her sword and struck, her opponent was able to select a magical response, activate it, and successfully avoid the attack. "
Iam tired of searching; so look at how "Yamatsunami" work.By the way; I'll give you a hint; Erika cant use multi-cast. As this was long been discussed too.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2015-02-19, 17:49   Link #898
somerand

Quote:
Iam tired of searching; so look at how "Yamatsunami" work.By the way; I'll give you a hint; Erika cant use multi-cast. As this was long been discussed too.
What are you even on about? Yamatsunami is an inertia cancelling magic technique. It has nothing to do the the self acceleration magic that we were discussing before. Not to mention as we have proven several times, Mayumi activates her overwhelming magic pellet barrage in all directions long before Erika can do anything. The fight ends straight away before Erika can get any momentum, face it.'

Pampz you also seem to be misunderstanding this quote. "Without using magic, Erika used a speed that was positively magic-like to close in on that woman. " It doesn't mean she was literally moving at magic induced speeds.... It's a figure of speech.
Old 2015-02-19, 17:49   Link #899
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

That's all well and nice, but define high speed. Is it fast enough or not. We don't have the statistical facts to prove if it is faster than what Mayumi can comprehend. But whose to say she doesn't have her weapon (CAD) to use that magic.

Old 2015-02-19, 18:54   Link #900
pampz21
ShipCore

I think Iam getting reverse-trolled.

Question you guys are not really thinking that Mayumi and Erika will fight in a miles away? If you are I'll stop this discussion right here.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,