4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.05%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 1.05%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.52%
1 out of 10 : Painful 20 5.25%
Voters: 381. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-15, 10:28   Link #881
Sinn
Pwnage

Why not? Cornelia is his sister after all, locking her up won't do any harm...
Old 2008-09-15, 10:59   Link #882
aurr
Kalulu sorceress - lvl 4

What a Heavy episode.
I would give it a 10 but.... list of the thing that made it bad.
Ougi lives.
Lakrshata dies.
BOOHOO!

Also i just noticed this one.
R1 23 - Euphie kills a lot people.
R2 23 - Nunally kills a lot people.
I find this strangely correct.
aurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 11:00   Link #883
Shuuda
Sniped.

Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Quote:
Originally Posted by aurr View Post
Lakrshata dies.
BOOHOO!
Don't be too sure about that. She appears in the extended preview.
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 11:08   Link #884
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Forgot to say in my previous post because I was so happy that Ougi almost got toasted.

Lelouch is the man of surpises, never thought he would use the volcano to even things up. And it's a weird feeling, for the first time I'm rooting for the Brittanian army to win instead of the Black Knights.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 11:12   Link #885
pingva

For the first time I'm rooting that someone would kill Lelouch and Suzaku.
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 11:20   Link #886
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

I know it is redundant to mention. Still I'm how 'light' Lelouch is for Suzaku to be able to lift him from his seat with one hand and threw him on the ground. Yeah, we know how strong Suzaku's physically since he is able to pull Lelouch and Shirley up in Turn 13.

I'm hoping Shinkirou will be upgraded when it reappear.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 11:37   Link #887
Diedrupo

Man if code geass was a live action show, Suzaku would be a totally buff jock type. There's no way someone of his skinniness in the anime could be that strong...
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 11:39   Link #888
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
ep.23

--uhh.. know what? nevermind. this episode failed beyond failing.

Nunnally failed me.
Lelouch fails.
C.C. fails.
Cornelia, dead. failed.
Sunrise failed.
Code Geased failed.

motherf--- Schneizel killed Cornelia. She's the only one who didn't fail my expectations, yet, to be killed off by Scneizel.. is pure RAGE! Nunnally was supposed to be smart, the one closest to her brother, and should be the one to take notice if what her brother is saying is true or not. She's f*cking blind since her release of the hospital in season 0, blind people should have sensing power that is better than the one's with eyesight. She couldn't even sense Lelouch's forced lies, she had an idea on who Zero is and yet. Fuck this anime, give this sh*t a f*ckin 10/10. I shed tears in Cornelia's death, damn you bgm! damn YOU! I had high hopes for Nunnally but failing me this way is just.. she was better of dead! j/k

I loves the C.C.xLelouch scene very much. But most favorite scene was the Kaguya screentime (though short). That was pure awesome, there needs to be an avatar of that

So who left Damocles in ep.22 again? Anya was there >__>

i has to pick my brains again org4ns agains. Go Nina GO! What a devastating mind rape.
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 11:42   Link #889
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utau View Post
ep.23

So who left Damocles in ep.22 again? Anya was there >__>
I think it's Sayoko.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 11:43   Link #890
Shrew

Send a message via AIM to Shrew Send a message via MSN to Shrew
I'll bet anyone 10 bucks ending will suck ass.
Shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 11:47   Link #891
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
I think it's Sayoko.
God bless you

man, i'm in shambles.

@Shrew: i'll bet you 20 bucks it will be memorable
Old 2008-09-15, 11:49   Link #892
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Oh, the motherfucking critiques are wild!

Look, I agree with anyone else that the direction of the series has been iffy after 21, but if you get fucking riled with a pointless character getting mown down (shocked me, but didn't really blow me the fuck away, or a goddamn montage scene, which happens a lot in other series, and then saying 'Oh the ending will suck, this series has failed' just because of that and a little iffy quality (mind you, it was good this episode), then...Christ.

The only thing that irritated me this episode was Schneizel revealing himself to be a Light wannabe. Otherwise, it was decent.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 11:53   Link #893
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_of_Zero View Post
8/10 because there was a battle and it IS ep 23, but anyways, the gun. It was a machinegun, it fires quickly, it has powerful bullets, and the only thing between it and Schneizel was Cornelia...

Wouldn't Schneizel have been hit?
Probably... some might wonder how that scene was was so perfectly planning out; what with Schniezel having just ONE machine gun set to fire at a snap of a finger and Cornelia just happening to be standing right in front of it and blocking the path to Schnieziel... Yeeeeeaaaahh

It really makes you wonder... wonder what if Cornelia was standing 2 feet to the right...
seriously, you'd think Schniezil's assistant would have been the one to pull out a gun and shoot her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utau
Nunnally was supposed to be smart, the one closest to her brother, and should be the one to take notice if what her brother is saying is true or not. She's f*cking blind since her release of the hospital in season 0, blind people should have sensing power that is better than the one's with eyesight.
no you see Nunnunally needs to hold their hand in order to use blind lie detecting powers
One might wonder, is Schniezial's mask good enough to hide from such lie detection... i kind hope not... it would bit atleast a small kink in his shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
I'm gonna say it again, the amount of blood Cornelia lost seemed like a few drops, and there was no pool of blood around her body...I mean, if you get mowed down by a machine gun your body will be torn to shreds and you'll lost a ton of blood, it wouldn't take minutes for a large pool of blood to form. That would happen in seconds. As we can see, Cornelia is obviously hit, but not in the upper chest area or the head, and she doesn't seem to lose a lot of blood...She might still be alive...
It's just a flesh wound
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 12:02   Link #894
rpgman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post

Look, I agree with anyone else that the direction of the series has been iffy after 21, but if you get fucking riled with a pointless character getting mown down (shocked me, but didn't really blow me the fuck away, or a goddamn montage scene, which happens a lot in other series, and then saying 'Oh the ending will suck, this series has failed' just because of that and a little iffy quality (mind you, it was good this episode), then...Christ.

The only thing that irritated me this episode was Schneizel revealing himself to be a Light wannabe. Otherwise, it was decent.
You're right about the Light Yagami part. In fact, it almost mirrors that Schneizel = Kira, but then Lelouch = Ryuk because he will be the one to end Schneizel's life. How fitting. It's not that bad though. It's like Schneizel says, "Let someone else do the dirty work and I'll become a God based on the people. Xing Ke was already suspicious of Schneizel when FLEIA was to be deployed against Lelouch's army and the representatives, but he still obeyed orders and it'll be too late to stop the battle when Damocles is ready for mass-nuking. Schneizel's mask is quite deceptive and he probably did it far longer since his arrival back in S1. His greatest obstacle was Charles, but Lelouch took care of Charles. Schneizel thinks he will win against Lelouch based on past experiences (biggest mistake and it will cost him dearly to underestimate Lelouch).
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 12:07   Link #895
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Schneizel isn't any more like Light than Lelouch is. The only reason he even used the term "god" was because Cornelia was bugging him using that term. His point was that he will be what humanity requires him to be for the end of world peace; this is in stark contrast to Light, who decided to make himself a god because of his huge ego and the corruption of the Death Note. To that end, he has far more of a Miliardo Peacecraft mentality. It's not like Schneizel genuinely considers himself divine. And the elevated thoughts of himself as being able to carry this out, quite honestly, isn't even as bad as what Lelouch harbours in all his nonsense talk about being able to make other people atone for their sins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun
I think it's Sayoko.
I've been saying this since the episode preview, but everyone just HAD to believe that somehow Anya actually gained motivation to do something important after 22 episodes of consistently not doing so.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 12:08   Link #896
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post

I felt like someone poked my back with a knife. Oh well, serious thread is serious

B'coz i was one of the wild critics I couldn't help but respond. The only thing that really failed me was Schneizel, Kannon, Diethartd and wall with loong machine gun raping Cornelia. Lastly, Nunnally's unawareness and simple minded. To a person who have high hopes for her since ep.19 and was strenghtened in ep.22 it was a disappointment, even though the confrontation is still this sunday (5 days from now) one can;t help but to feel anger. The rest was a joke. Mind you, i thought the episode was decent too >__>

In contrast to what I personnaly think of Schneizel, he's still a good tactician. He never fails to tear his brother Lelouch apart even with the self-proclaimed teammates, LelouchxSuzaku. He still pose a greater threat to both of them and will lose if one wrong move is to be made be Lelouch. That is why I hate chess, but still play.
Old 2008-09-15, 12:08   Link #897
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
I think it's Sayoko.
Hmm, I was wondering about that one myself. Thanks for the heads up
Old 2008-09-15, 12:12   Link #898
LordLabyrinth
Confused like hell

Why did Xingke so easily gave up the command of the army? I understand Schneizel has the nukes but to so easily give up control of the whole UFN army? That didn't seem too smart of Xingke.
LordLabyrinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 12:13   Link #899
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLabyrinth View Post
Why did Xingke so easily gave up the command of the army? I understand Schneizel has the nukes but to so easily give up control of the whole UFN army? That didn't seem too smart of Xingke.
It was that or watch Tianzi and the other UFN representatives get nuked. There wasn't going to be a middle ground.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 12:13   Link #900
Diedrupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLabyrinth View Post
Why wasn't it smart? Xingke realized Schneizel would be a better commander, merely in the sense of how to order troops and fight against Lelouch, so he did it. Plus, he also wanted to ensure the safety of the UFN leaders, since Schneizel was willing to kill them to get to Lelouch.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote