Notices

Old 2009-12-13, 21:44   Link #881
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
Spoiler for Episode 11:
dont think the twins will be able to save him they said in one of the earlier eps that they dont have the power for that.
Old 2009-12-13, 22:50   Link #882
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
dont think the twins will be able to save him they said in one of the earlier eps that they dont have the power for that.
yeah true :/

I just hope it doesnt end with jumpei turning into a cat!
It hasnt said how many wishes he has left to go ? hes going to have to be very quick about it ><

Hope he can set a new record for most wishes in one episode O_O

I hope the writers put in the cat ears just to make Jumpei panic to set some tension in the final episode. But I really hoping Nyan Koi goes to a 2nd season. I've enjoyed this series so much.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 01:55   Link #883
Moci
just an ordinary alien...

Send a message via MSN to Moci
Spoiler for ep 11:
Old 2009-12-14, 05:38   Link #884
vio5555

Well, it makes sense to leave this season open ended if they believe that there's a decent possibility of getting the go ahead on a second season.

In a second season they would probably build up his relationship with Kaede. It's hard though to see how Kanako would be able to get anywhere considering he's never seen her as anything other than a childhood friend, and he's been so transparent about his feelings to anyone except Kaede.

Then again, she does have Nyamsus on her side (or as close as Nyamsus could be to being partial with respect to Koubaka's love woes), so who knows. There may be more to this in the future if the story gets to the point where he has an epiphany...
vio5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 07:03   Link #885
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
if they do a dream episode then Nyan Koi will turn Kampfer bad.

its probably going to work out that Junpei will turn into a cat and Kaede will be the only one able to tranform him back then they will kiss.
uh, so cliche

unless they made a plot twist which is not in the manga like e.g. he manages to control his transformation from cat form to human form or even worse, genderbending, OH WAIT...
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 22:27   Link #886
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
uh, so cliche

unless they made a plot twist which is not in the manga like e.g. he manages to control his transformation from cat form to human form or even worse, genderbending, OH WAIT...
please lets not turn this into another Kampfer.
Old 2009-12-14, 22:31   Link #887
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I hope they stay faithful to the manga so that there is a possibilty of a second season cause this really is funny.

The romance part is really lacking, especially in the latest episode, but the cat stuff is great.
Old 2009-12-15, 10:10   Link #888
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
uh, so cliche

Kekeke!

I like your way of thinking ^_^

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 10:17   Link #889
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I think Junpei might be better off as a cat. I mean girls love cute things he could just wander from house to house every night hey at least he will get fed. Plus he could cuddle in Kanas amble mountains for warmth.

no but seriously a second season would be really fun i love the series wouldnt mind seeing more.
Old 2009-12-15, 10:33   Link #890
davie

I thoroughly enjoyed reading the manga and it seems like the anime differs a bit from the original plot. Should I start watching the anime?
Old 2009-12-15, 10:35   Link #891
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

From what I read, it seems they just jumbled up the order. No anime originals, AFAIK.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 10:41   Link #892
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Is the manga finished or is it still on going?
Old 2009-12-15, 10:48   Link #893
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Ongoing, hence why so many people are calling it a harem ending. It's pretty new actually (what, 2 or 3 years old?), so I'm surprised that it got animated when there's other older, more established titles floating around.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 11:04   Link #894
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
no but seriously a second season would be really fun i love the series wouldnt mind seeing more.
I'll drink to that! Although I don't drink...but still, it would be great to get a second season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Ongoing, hence why so many people are calling it a harem ending. It's pretty new actually (what, 2 or 3 years old?), so I'm surprised that it got animated when there's other older, more established titles floating around.
I've been wondering that. There are a lot of more popular mangas that aren't animated yet. Its a mystery unless they are purposely waiting for there to be plenty of manga material...but I'm not sure the suits are always that smart.
Old 2009-12-15, 15:08   Link #895
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

true you know now that i think about it i always wanted to see Kimi no iru machie or Usagi Drops animated.
Old 2009-12-15, 17:52   Link #896
Itlandm
Porcupine

So the last episode is called "Heaven Waits?"? I see this series as a parable of man's spiritual life. We know we are under a death curse for some reason that seem far-fetched and certainly not intentional from our point of view, but evidently the spirit world sees it differently. We are told that by doing good deeds toward those we wish to avoid, we may be able to lift the curse; but in the end, the good works are just too unpleasant and there is just so much else we want to do in life, and then suddenly it is too late.

So the way I see it, Junpei will choke on his cat hairs and die, unless there is someone who saves the foolish man through compassion he does not deserve. (This is the role of the Amida Nyorai in Buddhism, especially as espoused by the Pure Land branch of Buddhism.) The only character I can think of who is pure and loving enough is Kaede, if any. Perhaps her love will magically save his life somehow.

Then again, perhaps this series has no deeper meaning than cat-themed fanservice. -_-
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 19:50   Link #897
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
So the last episode is called "Heaven Waits?"? I see this series as a parable of man's spiritual life. We know we are under a death curse for some reason that seem far-fetched and certainly not intentional from our point of view, but evidently the spirit world sees it differently. We are told that by doing good deeds toward those we wish to avoid, we may be able to lift the curse; but in the end, the good works are just too unpleasant and there is just so much else we want to do in life, and then suddenly it is too late.

So the way I see it, Junpei will choke on his cat hairs and die, unless there is someone who saves the foolish man through compassion he does not deserve. (This is the role of the Amida Nyorai in Buddhism, especially as espoused by the Pure Land branch of Buddhism.) The only character I can think of who is pure and loving enough is Kaede, if any. Perhaps her love will magically save his life somehow.
You mean Kanako. Kaede doesn't even know she loves him.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 20:33   Link #898
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
You mean Kanako. Kaede doesn't even know she loves him.
i have always thought that Kaede and Kanako but the difference being that Kanako shows her love though violence and abuse while Kaede just shyly blushes and gets embarrassed.
Old 2009-12-15, 20:35   Link #899
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

No Kanako shows her love by getting even with the one who threw it away.
NOW she's trying to realign back to the love love kanako.

Kaede is clueless and doesn't know how to love....yet

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 21:03   Link #900
Liddo-kun
is this so?

It's a little sad that this funny anime is only 12 episodes long...

Hoping for a Kaede ending, but a Kana ending would be fine as well.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, supernatural