AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-09-04, 02:02   Link #881
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

I was wondering... are the blue highlighted equips aka class/job quest equip sets the best possible equips in the game or is the crafted one much better than the job quest equip stat-wise?

"Nothing is true, Everything is Permitted" - Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 02:06   Link #882
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge Meltdown View Post
I was wondering... are the blue highlighted equips aka class/job quest equip sets the best possible equips in the game or is the crafted one much better than the job quest equip stat-wise?
Currently the best sets in the game are from dungeons. This may change later since there's an artificial materia cap on crafted gear and Square will probably remove it.

Of course, the best crafted gear will probably require materials that only drop in raids.
Old 2013-09-04, 02:49   Link #883
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Currently the best sets in the game are from dungeons. This may change later since there's an artificial materia cap on crafted gear and Square will probably remove it.

Of course, the best crafted gear will probably require materials that only drop in raids.
I'd be fine with that (assuming they are transferable/salable). Each side of the game should need the other at least a little bit.

The alternative is for crafting to provide amazing cosmetic things that everyone simply has to have (fashion frenzy moment).

Quote:
If crafted gear is to be better than dungeon dropped gear, they need to make it so a non-crafter can approach a crafter with the materials and pay a commission to have it crafted.
I would certainly hope so (most of the functional economies I can recall had something like that).
Old 2013-09-04, 03:50   Link #884
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Id like to see crafted gear be actually worth wild to make(maybe some option in later updates to mix and match and come up with a unique item), doing dungeon after dungeon just to find gear(then roll for it) is a huge pain!
Old 2013-09-04, 04:08   Link #885
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
SE was pretty stupid in this regard, 25 servers for jp and 25 servers for the rest of the world, No working queues, No afk kickers. and with the amount of preorders they got for this game they should of saw it coming a mile away
Did you consider they might not have gotten that many preorders in the first place? I mean it's not like FF14 wasn't a bomba and had a stigma attached to it from day 1. I think a lot of people just picked this game up with the good word of mouth (bought this game myself like 1 day into early access) from the final beta test a few weeks ago. It's all I see on forums like gaf and whirlpool, people just jumping on the hype train because this game's actually good.

And people acting like it's 25 servers for Japan vs 25 servers for the rest of the world need to slap themselves. Where do you think South east asia is playing this game? On American's servers? Well actually maybe we are (I am) because the Japanese servers are down in our prime time, you know which means they're full as well, just like American servers are in usa prime time.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 04:24   Link #886
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Looks like the maintenance finished an hour early today. Time to login... please no 1015 error *crosses finger*

Old 2013-09-04, 05:01   Link #887
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge Meltdown View Post
The AF1/Job AF is what you'd consider beginner's endgame gear. It's what you'll use in the easier endgame dungeons until you can better gear yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post

Naw, AF2 are so far and away better that even 5-melded 2-star gear would not compare. They would need to introduce a new tier of crafted gear for that to happen.

Quote:
Id like to see crafted gear be actually worth wild to make(maybe some option in later updates to mix and match and come up with a unique item), doing dungeon after dungeon just to find gear(then roll for it) is a huge pain!
Well, the darklights/AF2 are not found in chests, you get tomes by completing dungeons, then use it to buy them from NPC.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 05:02   Link #888
Westlo
Lets be reality

Tonberry character creation is finally open

Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 07:55   Link #889
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Meh, still got world is full error on Tonberry. Can't be helped I guess ><
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 08:18   Link #890
kyp275
Meh

Oh? People in my LS have had zero issues on log in so far today (Sargatanas).
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 09:19   Link #891
Sides

>_< log in this morning just briefly and now i get the 3102 error, it has been hours since logged off...
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 09:24   Link #892
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Oooh, ouch. Still getting 1017 when I try to log in
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 09:41   Link #893
Alchemist007
*Author

From the sounds of various forums, this hasn't fixed much. Or at least not if everyone's trying to bum rush the servers as soon as they came back. But I doubt everyone even in America was trying to at 6am, so I fear it's the former.
Old 2013-09-04, 09:46   Link #894
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
From the sounds of various forums, this hasn't fixed much. Or at least not if everyone's trying to bum rush the servers as soon as they came back. But I doubt everyone even in America was trying to at 6am, so I fear it's the former.
I wouldn't be surprised if it's all of EU fighting to get on the servers (It's almost 5 PM in Europe it looks like)
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 11:35   Link #895
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
Oh? People in my LS have had zero issues on log in so far today (Sargatanas).
Is Sargatanas JP Server or US/EU server? If it's US/EU server, it might be because it's not uptime yet in US. For JP server, around the time I posted earlier is the most traffic heavy time of the weekday so that might be the reason.

Oh well, can't be helped ><. Will just hope for the best during weekend.
Old 2013-09-04, 13:35   Link #896
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
That's the same one I have (Mine's from EVGA), so maybe I'll keep an eye out and see if I notice the same issue.
For antialias to work properly you have to use Inspector profile settings and drop down to FFXIV and under Antialias compatability use 0x004012C5
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 14:40   Link #897
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

somebody was trying to take over my monopoly of elm lumber by selling alot at 70gil each!! so i bought them all and sold them for 200gil each!!! sold in less then 2 hrs lol

I love games like these
Old 2013-09-04, 16:00   Link #898
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

I reach Mor Dhona and there's a merchant that sells a better version of the Drachen set and it's called the Wyrm set, however, you can't buy it with gil, but a currency that you can only get when you do a dungeon at high level? looks like it's time for me to queue up for dungeons and stop fate grinding... finally.

Old 2013-09-04, 16:18   Link #899
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
somebody was trying to take over my monopoly of elm lumber by selling alot at 70gil each!! so i bought them all and sold them for 200gil each!!! sold in less then 2 hrs lol

I love games like these
I used to do that in EQ2 with my alchemy shop. Potion monopolist. I wasn't mean so much as the idiots were selling potions for less than it cost to make them. I'd just mark them up for a profit and $$.
Old 2013-09-04, 20:58   Link #900
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:

I love games like these
NQ Elm lumber sold for 200G each? I better level up my botanist then

Tags
mmorpg