Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-08-25, 14:37   Link #9001
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Yes, well, he has to debate this with the guy who claimed ZAFT shouldn't have targeted the Archangel at all in Destiny, so it's hard to want to muster up anything to debate him.
You guys you were more interested in arguing with me than understanding what I said. Just like here, more arguing and ignoring what I said.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 14:45   Link #9002
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
You guys you were more interested in arguing with me than understanding what I said. Just like here, more arguing and ignoring what I said.
You were deliberately ignoring the largest factor as to why ZAFT was targeting the Archangel, so there was nothing to understand. Your argument amounted to "ZAFT shouldn't have attacked the Archandel despite the fact the Archangel attacked ZAFT repeatedly and got ZAFT people killed". The only person ignoring anything in that argument was you.
Old 2013-08-25, 14:58   Link #9003
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
You were deliberately ignoring the largest factor as to why ZAFT was targeting the Archangel, so there was nothing to understand. Your argument amounted to "ZAFT shouldn't have attacked the Archandel despite the fact the Archangel attacked ZAFT repeatedly and got ZAFT people killed". The only person ignoring anything in that argument was you.
1.) I wanted to point out that Archangel was not a dangerous and persistent enemy that needed to be destroyed for the security of Plant. Ultimately, that's what ZAFT's job is to destroy dangerous and persistent enemies and that was not how Archangel behaved in the slightest.

2.) That was not the argument I was making and you know it. I won't go over it again with you because no matter how much I say it, you refuse to understand.
Old 2013-08-25, 15:10   Link #9004
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
1.) I wanted to point out that Archangel was not a dangerous and persistent enemy that needed to be destroyed for the security of Plant. Ultimately, that's what ZAFT's job is to destroy dangerous and persistent enemies and that was not how Archangel behaved in the slightest.
Gee, that must make you an amazing military strategist. "Okay guys, see this group of people? Yeah, this group that keeps interfering with our missions and getting our people killed? Don't fight back and don't take them out. No, I don't care that if we attack this other group of people, they'll interfere and get our guys killed again. We don't fight them."

Yeah, not going to happen. If ZAFT wanted LOGOS taken out entirely and Djibril eliminated, they needed the Archangel out of the picture. Djibril ran right for ORB and experience dictated that whenever ZAFT fought ORB forces, the Archangel would get in the way and attack ZAFT, which tended to result in ZAFT deaths and destruction of ZAFT military assets. If they went after Djibril in ORB, Archangel interference likely would've meant that Djibril would've gotten away.

And guess what? That's exactly what happened when they went after ORB and the Archangel and the Freedom showed up. ZAFT had every reason to believe the Archangel was an enemy to them and every right to try and destroy them from a legal and military perspective.

Quote:
2.) That was not the argument I was making and you know it. I won't go over it again with you because no matter how much I say it, you refuse to understand.
The biggest factor into why ZAFT targeted the Archangel with Operation Angel Down is because Durandal wanted them out of the way. Durandal is the leader of ZAFT and ZAFT fights when he tells them to. He ordered ZAFT to take down the Archangel and the Freedom.

You admitted to ignoring Durandal, who, again (it's sad that this bears repeating with you) was the leader of ZAFT, as part of your argument.

Quote:
I don't refuse anything. Rather, I take Gil out of the equation entirely and consider ZAFT's encounters with the Archangel within a vacuum when determining whether or not they present a threat and a course of action in regards to them. Whether or not they are a "legitimate enemy".
Quote:
I thought it was obvious since I mostly ignored Gil's long term goals and emphasized that someone said that Archangel was a legitimate enemy of ZAFT and threw that into question. Maybe I should have made it clearer since all anyone would say was that Gil's machinations to paint them as an enemy made them an enemy in ZAFT's view, even though that still doesn't technically make them an enemy of ZAFT.

One might have enemies, but one might not be anyone's enemy.
News flash: if Durandal wasn't a part of the equation, the war as portrayed in Destiny WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED. It did happen, so trying to take Durandal out of the equation is irrelevant and impossible.

You were, quite frankly, arguing for the sake of arguing.
Old 2013-08-25, 15:29   Link #9005
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
There's a big difference between understanding and agreeing. We all understood what you were saying; we just didn't agree with it.
Old 2013-08-25, 15:41   Link #9006
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Gee, that must make you an amazing military strategist. "Okay guys, see this group of people? Yeah, this group that keeps interfering with our missions and getting our people killed? Don't fight back and don't take them out. No, I don't care that if we attack this other group of people, they'll interfere and get our guys killed again. We don't fight them."
Archangel never interfered with Minerva's missions. They intervened in ORB's missions to destroy Minerva.

Quote:
Yeah, not going to happen. If ZAFT wanted LOGOS taken out entirely and Djibril eliminated, they needed the Archangel out of the picture. Djibril ran right for ORB and experience dictated that whenever ZAFT fought ORB forces, the Archangel would get in the way and attack ZAFT, which tended to result in ZAFT deaths and destruction of ZAFT military assets. If they went after Djibril in ORB, Archangel interference likely would've meant that Djibril would've gotten away.
Which is why ZAFT left Orb as soon as Djibril did.

Quote:
The biggest factor into why ZAFT targeted the Archangel with Operation Angel Down is because Durandal wanted them out of the way. Durandal is the leader of ZAFT and ZAFT fights when he tells them to. He ordered ZAFT to take down the Archangel and the Freedom.
Yeah, he went after them because they threatened his plans. Not because they threatened Plant or ZAFT.

Quote:
You admitted to ignoring Durandal, who, again (it's sad that this bears repeating with you) was the leader of ZAFT, as part of your argument.
Gil's regarded Archangel as a threat to his vision. Not because they were dangerous to Plant.

Quote:
You were, quite frankly, arguing for the sake of arguing.
I took offense to the suggestion that Archangel was somehow a threatening enemy and should have been destroyed, when from no one's point of view except Gil's were they dangerous. Which is like a criminal declaring cops to be enemies because they'll arrest him for his crimes.
Old 2013-08-25, 15:48   Link #9007
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Oh boy. Here we go again.
Old 2013-08-25, 15:53   Link #9008
Skye629

And here we go again

Edit: Ninja'd, damn u fast man
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 15:56   Link #9009
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Ninja'd, damn u fast man
You should have seen what it was like back when I first joined this place. You'd hit "Quote", type up your post, and then there'd be 10 new posts by the time you hit "Submit Reply."
Old 2013-08-25, 15:57   Link #9010
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Archangel never interfered with Minerva's missions. They intervened in ORB's missions to destroy Minerva.
Little difference. They still kept getting in ZAFT's way and causing damage to ZAFT. Sure, the Earth forces might've caused it, but ZAFT was the one who kept suffering from the Archangel's attacks, costing them lives and equipment like the Savior Gundam.

Quote:
Which is why ZAFT left Orb as soon as Djibril did.
Big deal. Djibril likely wouldn't have escaped if the Archangel's forces didn't show up.

Quote:
Yeah, he went after them because they threatened his plans. Not because they threatened Plant or ZAFT.

Gil's regarded Archangel as a threat to his vision. Not because they were dangerous to Plant.
Preventing the capture or killing of LOGOS members is a threat to PLANT and ZAFT. Because Djibril got away, Djibril was able to use Requiem against the PLANTs and cause the deaths of thousands. It might not be the ultimate reason Durandal wanted them out of the picture, but still an entirely valid reason for ZAFT to take them out. It's interference like that that caused ZAFT to view the Archangel as a threat. Every time the Archangel showed up, things went south for the Minerva and its forces. They were a problem to ZAFT and ZAFT needed them gone.

Durandal himself says that the Minerva was key to his plans in ending the war. Now what do you think would've happened if the Archangel's interference caused the Minerva to get sunk? Or the Impulse Gundam, and Shinn Asuka, destroyed? The Minerva and its Gundam was the most powerful military asset that ZAFT had. If it gets threatened by enemy forces, it has to be dealt with.

Quote:
I took offense to the suggestion that Archangel was somehow a threatening enemy and should have been destroyed, when from no one's point of view except Gil's were they dangerous. Which is like a criminal declaring cops to be enemies because they'll arrest him for his crimes.
Too bad. ZAFT was legally in the right to take out the Archangel regardless of their intentions or hopes. The Archangel caused the deaths of ZAFT personnel, causing chaos on the battlefield and otherwise worsening the war. That's more than enough reason for ZAFT to wipe them out.
Old 2013-08-25, 16:38   Link #9011
Washu-Chan