Old 2013-08-08, 10:37   Link #9001
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
No. I like those two as Tier X.
An alternative, not replacement.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 10:44   Link #9002
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

From 8.8 update, it's confirmed that the second soviet medium branch will not have tier 9, instead it will get to the T-54 and then from it will go to the Object 140. Also new german tier 4 tank, and the VK3001H will get changed by the new VK3002M, a tier 6 panther prototype.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 11:06   Link #9003
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
From 8.8 update, it's confirmed that the second soviet medium branch will not have tier 9, instead it will get to the T-54 and then from it will go to the Object 140. Also new german tier 4 tank, and the VK3001H will get changed by the new VK3002M, a tier 6 panther prototype.
Ah, it also opens the window for potential alternative Tier X vehicles within the game... so they don't always have to be that one end tier tank.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-08-08, 11:20   Link #9004
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
An alternative, not replacement.

- Tak
We don't need an alternative, unless some of my more radical proposals are passed.

Quote:
Ah, it also opens the window for potential alternative Tier X vehicles within the game... so they don't always have to be that one end tier tank.

- Tak
Nope, those changes have no bearing on alternative Tier X heavies.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 11:23   Link #9005
Tak

Quote:
We don't need an alternative, unless some of my more radical proposals are passed.
And *I* think we do. Whether it is implemented or not is another story.

Quote:
Nope, those changes have no bearing on alternative Tier X heavies.
It opens the opportunity for a tier 9 to branch into two tier Xs. *I* think it will set a precedent.

- Tak

Old 2013-08-08, 11:41   Link #9006
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Well, to say that the next CW campaign the prize will be a tier X Lowe esque tank (The FaiLowe), and They will give a Tier X King Tiger/E-75 hybrid as pub rewards in a future, I don't see a new branch of tier X heavies anytime soon.
Old 2013-08-08, 11:43   Link #9007
Tak

Quote:
I don't see a new branch of tier X heavies anytime soon.
I am aware of this, I am just hoping WG would give us an alternative to the E-100.

Though whether it is implemented or not is really not much of a concern for me. Right now, I am too addicted to Tier X mediums, and can't wait to unlock the Japanese line.

Actually, scratch that, going to wait and see what they would actually do to the Japanese line.

- Tak

Old 2013-08-08, 11:47   Link #9008
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Sorry Tak, no jap line until next year as said from the devs.

Also, the ruskie server just got a rather amazing one time mission: Win 1 battle from friday to monday, and win 3 days of premium for free!
Old 2013-08-08, 11:49   Link #9009
Tak

Quote:
Sorry Tak, no jap line until next year as said from the devs.
I know.

Which is a good thing, because at this moment, I am credit poor. Wouldn't do me much good if the tree was available.

Quote:
Also, the ruskie server just got a rather amazing one time mission: Win 1 battle from friday to monday, and win 3 days of premium for free!
Soviet bias?

In 8.8, the two Tigers will get a speed buff. Time to save up and repurchase...

- Tak

Old 2013-08-08, 11:55   Link #9010
Newhope

EU server got the 3 days premium mission as well so I expect the US will get it as well.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 11:59   Link #9011
Gravitas Free Zone

Win one battle? What is this, the participation award?
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 12:01   Link #9012
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Win one battle? What is this, the participation award?
Dood, its free... man!

- Tak

Old 2013-08-08, 12:09   Link #9013
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

According to 4*han, the 3 days of prem is a "treat" to the EU server from the Stalin issue. Of course you can't believe what they say in that wrecked hive of scum and villainy.
Old 2013-08-08, 12:26   Link #9014
Tak

I can't even comprehend why people visit and read whats on 4c.

- Tak

Old 2013-08-08, 12:54   Link #9015
Blaat

I think I need to platoon with newhope and drake for this 3-day premium mission.

Quote:
I'm one of the driving forces behind the various German tree changes in 0.8.8.
I'm liking those changes, starting the heavy line at tier 7 rather than tier 5/4 always gave the German (and Chinese) heavies an handicap.

So what will lead to the DW2; Pz III A?
Old 2013-08-08, 13:05   Link #9016
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
I can't even comprehend why people visit and read whats on 4c.
Once you go there, you will NEVER be able to leave.
Old 2013-08-08, 13:50   Link #9017
Gravitas Free Zone

So far my experiences with the JagdTiger 88 has only served to reinforce my dislike for large, slow, turretless things. Selling it would be silly, but continuing to use it has been only slightly above average for my performance ratings, while bad for my win rate.

You cannot swing a game while driving a house.

...though if you park behind the rock at the south spawn of Lakeville in a game with no artillery, you can lock down the pass entirely by yourself. At least until your team of blind morons fails to reinforce the city and gets totally ganked while staring blankly at the pass.

On the other hand, with regard to selling a premium tank... the money spent is like having a meal at a decent restaurant, which you then ended up being extraordinarily disappointed with and will not dine at again.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 14:26   Link #9018
LeoXiao
思想工作

Don't sell the JT88. It's great to platoon with if you get a friendly light tank and put it on a leash to scout for you.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 14:51   Link #9019
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

I hate fighting JagdTigers 88. Their high RoF is anoying against my Tier 7-8 tanks. However I founf that their lower plate (and their frontal armor in general) is more soft than the Tier 9 JagdTiger.
Old 2013-08-08, 14:51   Link #9020
willx
Nyaaan~~

Wat ist un tank?

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks