AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-09-30, 00:47   Link #9141
VTHokiePride

It doesn't help that the Raiders roster is barren. Nothing but a bunch of unproven youngsters and no real playmakers. The veterans have experience but they're at the back end of their careers already.
Old 2014-09-30, 02:02   Link #9142
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I think I understand why you don't like Deion Sanders, Samari.
Old 2014-09-30, 05:37   Link #9143
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I think I understand why you don't like Deion Sanders, Samari.
I tweeted at him earlier. Gave him a piece of my mind regarding his statements regarding "sources".

Deion helped us get a ring in '94. That is the only reason I don't hate him more than any other public NFL figure out there in the media.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-30, 14:08   Link #9144
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
^
Got to feel for Brady though. When he got little surrounding him, it all crashes down. Why didn't the Patriots address their receiving corps and offensive line for Brady this season?
The receiving corps is okay. It isn't worse than what Brady had during the Super Bowl wins. Biggest issue is offensive line. Brady seldomly has time to move off his first read. Many times the opponents can rush four and have them closing in on him the second after the snap. Like here:

Old 2014-09-30, 22:26   Link #9145
Samari
World's Greatest

This was just a sad occurrence for the Raiders in London last Sunday. Derek Carr came up limping in the third quarter. No one helped him get to the sidelines when he was clearly in pain. Not his offensive line, and not even the training staff. Instead they actually run another play. I couldn't believe it. I guess I should have because it's the Raiders though. You can hear the utter disgust in Dan Fout's voice because no one bothered to help the rookie quarterback that got hurt. And he's been one of the few bright spots for that team. I fear his career is going to go down the toilet like his brother's did because of being stuck with a horrible organization for so long. As a matter of fact he has it worse than when David was drafted by Houston. This is like some new age Archie Manning crap.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2014-09-30, 23:32   Link #9146
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

^
Think this may be one of the few reasons why Dennis Allen got fire? Doesn't bold well for the future concerning with draft picks and free agents when they look at this. Personally, seeing this, its make me throw a lot of sympathy I given the Raiders over the years out the window.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-01, 00:26   Link #9147
Samari
World's Greatest

Shocklingly Reggie McKenzie's job is safe and he'll be hiring the new head coach. Are you kidding me?

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2014-10-01, 02:05   Link #9148
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Definitely need a real cleanout. Culture-wise moreso, perhaps. A team that does that to a rookie really isn't a team.
Old 2014-10-01, 08:20   Link #9149
VTHokiePride

I think the Raiders just need to find more talent for the roster. I feel that they have the cap space, but they need a good young nucleus to build around on both sides of the ball. They need to find an RB because McFadden and MJD aren't the answer, a real No. 1 WR, and a better line since they lost Veldheer to free agency. On defense, they at least have some experienced vets and Tyvon Branch with DJ Hayden.
Old 2014-10-01, 08:29   Link #9150
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

^
Yeah, but what about the culture? That Derek Carr injury sent a wrong message to many players out there in the league. A team is a second family, if you can't count on family to help you out off the field, then what. Its not just about getting players, that in itself is very difficult, however a culture is the basis. The Jaguars had to do the same thing, took a year to reverse the culture. The Raiders are looking at that as well.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-01, 09:28   Link #9151
GDB

Quote:
^
Think this may be one of the few reasons why Dennis Allen got fire? Doesn't bold well for the future concerning with draft picks and free agents when they look at this. Personally, seeing this, its make me throw a lot of sympathy I given the Raiders over the years out the window.
It was definitely the final straw. There's no way that's forgivable and they were right to fire him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Shocklingly Reggie McKenzie's job is safe and he'll be hiring the new head coach. Are you kidding me?
We'll see if that's the case at the end of the year.

Quote:
^
Yeah, but what about the culture? That Derek Carr injury sent a wrong message to many players out there in the league. A team is a second family, if you can't count on family to help you out off the field, then what. Its not just about getting players, that in itself is very difficult, however a culture is the basis. The Jaguars had to do the same thing, took a year to reverse the culture. The Raiders are looking at that as well.
To be fair, I don't think many, if any, free agents go to Oakland because they want to. It's the NFL graveyard for a reason, and players go there only because it's the only team that will give them a chance.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-02, 05:56   Link #9152
sky black swordman

Quote:
Unfortunately, that appears to be the case. According to owner Mark Davis anyway. Then again he may have just said that to be politically correct in front of the media. But may change by the end of the season. After all he is as much to blame Dennis Allen for situation the Raiders are in now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
I think the Raiders just need to find more talent for the roster. I feel that they have the cap space, but they need a good young nucleus to build around on both sides of the ball. They need to find an RB because McFadden and MJD aren't the answer, a real No. 1 WR, and a better line since they lost Veldheer to free agency. On defense, they at least have some experienced vets and Tyvon Branch with DJ Hayden.
Agreed on many points. Losing him to the Cardinals in free agency lies with Reggie. Even before free agency started Veldheer made it well known that he wanted to stay with the Raiders. But Reggie wanted to underpay him (a homegrown premier LT) and overpay a G that would need surgery that would keep him out until the the start of the regular NFL season. Knowing this it's no wonder he decided to take his talents elsewhere. The thing is Hayden has been unable to stay healthy since we drafted him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It was definitely the final straw. There's no way that's forgivable and they were right to fire him.
Oh, it was. Carr is supposed to be your franchise QB of the future. And you as head coach don't notice that your QB was injured on the previous play, leave him in there for one more play, fail to send out anyone to help him off the field, and once he is off the field you don't go to check how he is and what sort of injury he may have? It doesn't matter what sports media says about him. The guy was a not head coach material and should have been fired sooner.
Quote:
We'll see if that's the case at the end of the year.
Indeed.
Old 2014-10-02, 20:52   Link #9153
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Green Bay are detroying Minnesota tonight....

Without Bridgewater, the Vikings are hapless.
Old 2014-10-02, 21:40   Link #9154
GDB

1) I'm glad (so far) that I didn't start Patterson
2) I'm regretting starting Asiata (so far... c'mon Green Bay, pull your starters already)
3) Of course my opponent has Eddie Lacy
Old 2014-10-03, 01:28   Link #9155
Samari
World's Greatest

Four weeks. Four blowouts. CBS is jumping for joy.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2014-10-03, 07:23   Link #9156
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

The next one is Indy at Houston. That...'should'...be....closer?
Old 2014-10-03, 11:19   Link #9157
GDB

Closer like... going into Halftime 28-0 instead of 35-0 or 42-0?

And I doubt CBS is that happy about these blow outs. People turn off the TV when that happens unless it's a big time rivalry, like Ravens/Steelers. I'd like to include GB/Minn here, but the Vikings had to start their 3rd string QB, so there was no chance people would care to watch to the end if they weren't hardcore fans or bored.

Next week, if it's a blowout at halftime, will likely result in lower ratings yet still.

Also, Baltimore @ Indy this Sunday is going to be a shootout. Despite being a Ravens fan, I predict Indy winning a close game 34-28. Ravens' receivers can't stop dipping their hands in butter before games, and our secondary (and Elam) will get eaten alive.
Old 2014-10-03, 17:15   Link #9158
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Closer like... going into Halftime 28-0 instead of 35-0 or 42-0?

And I doubt CBS is that happy about these blow outs. People turn off the TV when that happens unless it's a big time rivalry, like Ravens/Steelers. I'd like to include GB/Minn here, but the Vikings had to start their 3rd string QB, so there was no chance people would care to watch to the end if they weren't hardcore fans or bored.

Next week, if it's a blowout at halftime, will likely result in lower ratings yet still.

Also, Baltimore @ Indy this Sunday is going to be a shootout. Despite being a Ravens fan, I predict Indy winning a close game 34-28. Ravens' receivers can't stop dipping their hands in butter before games, and our secondary (and Elam) will get eaten alive.
Joe Flacco? Shoot out? I don't think so.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2014-10-03, 17:18   Link #9159
Samari
World's Greatest

Oh and Jairus Byrd, the big free agent safety the Saints paid a fortune for, was placed on season-ending IR. An already struggling defense gets worse.

And my God the Saints schedule after this Sunday against the Bucs:

at Lions
vs Packers
at Carolina
vs 49ers
vs Bengals
vs Ravens
at Steelers
vs Carolina
at Bears
vs Falcons
at Bucs

Ain't looking too good is it DarkWing? Ummm DarkWing? Hello?

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2014-10-03, 22:11   Link #9160
GDB

Quote:
Joe Flacco? Shoot out? I don't think so.
You actually watch football outside the Bay area? Flacco is one of the better passers in the league. Especially the deep ball. Problem is, his receivers can't reliably catch a ball. And if you look back over the past few seasons, you'd notice there were actually quite a few shootouts.

Unless you think the Indy defense is good because it bottled up Whitehurst and Henne.

Quote:
And my God the Saints schedule after this Sunday against the Bucs:
To be fair, they still got a lot of home games left, so they could easily still go 8-8.

Tags
american football, sports