AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-02-03, 18:41   Link #9161
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The only followers I have still working are my main bodyguard at the Barracks, the Lumber healing plant for more resources, and an Engineer so I get more Gearsprings in my orders. I bunched by herbalist and enchanter, and Nat Pagle. The Blade goes on missions because he managed to take a liking to Gnomes and Night Elves.
Old 2015-02-03, 22:57   Link #9162
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Rukhmar is the messiest world boss yet this expansion.

Despite that, hunter alt got double loot from first kill.
Old 2015-02-04, 04:06   Link #9163
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Haven't tried Rukh yet, will after the raid tonight most likely. I just want his mount really.

Also, I'm jelly of that avatar. Can get a few decent ones from that game. But that one's probably the best.
Old 2015-02-04, 11:18   Link #9164
GDB

Waited until today to pick up my Death Knight's tavern follower since I needed to get last week's to epic still. Doing so upped one of the Blackrock missions to 100%, which was the hopeful goal, and thus I knew where to focus this week's efforts. He has 3/4 100% now, so the last one was the goal. Unfortunately, the followers currently giving it the highest chance are all over the place, so had to go with an ability rather than a racial trait.

Went with Magic Debuff, and my three choices were... Tauren Paladin, Tauren Paladin, and a Tauren Paladin. Can't make this stuff up. First two I think were retribution, but the third was holy. First and third were green with random environmental trait (mountaineer and primalslayer, I believe respectively), and the second had furyslayer and voodoo zealot. I wanted to take that second one so bad, but the follower they'd likely replace on the mission was the troll. As such, I went with the holy paladin Leyla since she has a higher chance of getting a good second ability (only 3 possibilities instead of 4, and 2 of those 3 are useful to the mission rather than 1 of the 4).

But seriously... 3 Tauren Paladins.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-10, 02:32   Link #9165
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Have 15 stones left to get to the next quest for the upgraded ring. So one more Highmaul run.
Old 2015-02-18, 02:43   Link #9166
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

6.1 is confirmed for next week.

Had a very freaky occurence on inn offerings this week. Two different toons get offered the same follower with the exact same abilities and traits one minute apart. And I took that follower both times since I needed that ability counter (Massive Strike) badly.
Old 2015-02-19, 03:15   Link #9167
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I randomly encountered a bird in my garrison. I find out later that this has been part of the game for months, but I'd not see it until now. It rode on my head for an hour. Pepe.
Old 2015-02-19, 03:35   Link #9168
Mr Hat and Clogs

There is achievement for completing BRF with Pepe on your noggin.
Old 2015-02-19, 13:15   Link #9169
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Is there? Weird but adorable.
Old 2015-02-27, 04:36   Link #9170
Awrya
U mad?

6.1 is out, quite a few changes in the garrison.

Not a fan of the changes they made for profession followers, you have to keep them in their building all the time to get the follower bonus. They were supposed to also get experience when processing the orders, but the follower on my warlock is stuck at 109k to epic since Wednesday (processed ~10 orders), either it's not working or I gain some insignificant amount.

Tried out the abilities / traits reroll items, the traits reroll item just removed the first trait with something else while the other two stayed the same, and the newest trait is now at the bottom with the others moving up. I had Danger Zone and Minion Swarm on my follower, I rerolled into the exact same abilities. Not sure if the abilities item is not working or RNG screwed me over.

Treasure Hunter is searchable in the tavern, time to slowly replace my followers.

I think Blizzard also messed up some garrison missions, had a 100er mission for 3 followers rewarding an armour token, but you need to spend 100 garrison resources to send them out.
Old 2015-02-27, 13:34   Link #9171
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Thoughts on 6.1:

+ Treasure Hunter is a great addition to garrison followers.
+ The reroll tokens are overall fair. They certainly do backfire sometimes but over time you get some great results.
+ Trader dailies certainly have some great perks.
+ Better spread of missions makes for better follower levelling.
+ Heirlooms going to 100 makes for very smooth alt levelling. Going 85-90 in a few hours just off of The Jade Forest feels so damn weird but when it gets you to Draenor that much faster, nothing to complain about.
+ Garona should be not much of a hassle to obtain and will be worth it.
+ Blackrock Foundry is better than Highmaul.

0 Scavengers for solo missions got nerfed but got buffed for mutiple followers.

- BRF isn't that stellar though.
- Whoever enabled the Looking For Group channel - please don't automatically do that...that channel is utterly vile.
- Sure were a lot of maintenances several nights in a row after 6.1 that screwed over raiders I knew.
- Harrison Jones seems very complex and RNG-reliant to obtain....for a rare, that's rather disheartening....really should be an epic at the very least for how much time will have to be put into unlocking him.

Here was the best reroll I got from those new trait reroll tokens:

Spoiler for Pals For Life confirmed:

And here was how the one follower that is pretty unique amongst Alliance offerings ended up when I recruited her this week:

Spoiler for Who'd have thought that's how they really felt - the irony:
Old 2015-02-27, 17:45   Link #9172
Awrya
U mad?

Quick update, apparently profession followers gain experience whenever you collect the orders, my follower 'completed' 10 orders and gained 18000 exp, so at lv.100 it's 1800 exp per order. I wonder if the exp is fixed or if it scales with level.
Old 2015-02-27, 20:01   Link #9173
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Quick update, apparently profession followers gain experience whenever you collect the orders, my follower 'completed' 10 orders and gained 18000 exp, so at lv.100 it's 1800 exp per order. I wonder if the exp is fixed or if it scales with level.
Scales I think. It's was 200 per order for a level 91 follower I had on an alt.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2015-02-28 at 01:07.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-02, 15:36   Link #9174
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

So now we can go make the Iron Horde platinum mad.
Old 2015-03-03, 00:36   Link #9175
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Thoughts on this? I just might consider actually playing wow for longer than a few weeks. Then again, I'm not sure if I'd be willing to pay the initial price for the game + the newest expansion + upcoming expansions. Sounds pretty good, but I guess it'll all depend on the price of the time tokens.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 00:42   Link #9176
Mr Hat and Clogs

Considering a month of play is $15, I suspect the tokens will cost that much at least. Home much Blizzard wants to charge in game though I'm not sure but $15 would get you about 17k Gold based off a quick Google search and Blizzard will want to beat that, but not be too much otherwise no one would buy the things. I'm a bit disappointed they didn't allow players to determine the in game cost, but for servers were economies are ridiculously out of whack it would make sense for them to control it at a flat rate. it's quite similar to the EVE system, sorta.
Old 2015-03-03, 09:12   Link #9177
Mentar
Banned

I'm not very fond of Blizzard's recent fetish of randomizing traits/secondaries. Is this supposed to be exciting?

Doing "rerolls" only continuously annoys me. That started with created gear (where as a mage you essentially HAVE to reroll multiple times until you get one of the best 2 combinations - so it only increases cost with no enjoyment benefit), and it only got worse with the "retraining" certificate.

Okay, so you send a follower to train something. Why not at least train him in something you can _choose_? Hell, if you absolutely have to insist on RNG, then it's fine to randomly pick what the character _unlearns_, that is at least remotely logical. But simply "roll, roll, roll the dice" feels stupid to me.

I'm usually the opposite of a "in vanilla, it was all better" whiner, but I _really_ miss the days where you'd actually look at an item and check if it might be something that made you better. Nowadays, you only look at the ilvl anymore.

Boring as hell.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 10:09   Link #9178
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Can't say I agree. The rerolls have given me some damn good results so far. Not always, but such is RNG.

It's actually something to do with resources. So I'm not complaining.
Old 2015-03-03, 11:04   Link #9179
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Can't say I agree. The rerolls have given me some damn good results so far. Not always, but such is RNG.

It's actually something to do with resources. So I'm not complaining.
Well, I'm not complaining about good/bad rolls, I dislike the whole non-logic to begin with.

You're using a meticulously schooled Tailor character to create a robe of magical proportions, and when you are completed you find out what it does? You have a character and send it to train and learn new capabilities, but have no idea what will come out of it?

Sorry, in my eyes that sounds insultingly retarded. Yes, there are dozens of other examples that make no sense, but that doesn't mean that I need to like it.

Use GRs for retraining characters - fine - but make sure that you know WHAT FOR. Like Dancer, only for other purposes.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 11:20   Link #9180
Mr Hat and Clogs

Honestly I just wish they'd give you a 'confirmation option' to accept the new rolls (for followers or gear), so you can keep or discard what you get. But still use the token thingy.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows