great stuff...
Spoiler:
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 15:24   Link #903
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep9:

@above

Hai, hai, get some calcium and try again...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 16:13   Link #904
Frostfire
No Eyes

Spoiler for Episode 9:
Frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 16:22   Link #905
Dragon TY

All I can say is it was a good ep but could of been better.
Dragon TY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 17:18   Link #906
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

cheap or not the chances of fatina ending up with jil keeps sinking faster then the titanic as each episode goes by, only 3 more eps to go for me to parade my coupling. l found fatina's love confession more out of place then
Spoiler:

mmm...calcium.
chocolate milk it is...
Old 2009-03-05, 17:29   Link #907
Frostfire
No Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
cheap or not the chances of fatina ending up with jil keeps sinking faster then the titanic as each episode goes by, only 3 more eps to go for me to parade my coupling. l found fatina's love confession more out of place then
Spoiler:

mmm...calcium.
chocolate milk it is...
I won't lie that that sounds rather odd. You don't care if its done poorly or not as long as it is done. Personally, I'd rather keep my distance a mansion made of balsawood. It may be what I always wanted, but I don't need it collapsing on my head. Just thought I'd point that out.

As for Fatina, I can see your point, but it is not like it was not alluded to it the episode prior.
Old 2009-03-05, 17:46   Link #908
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
I won't lie that that sounds rather odd. You don't care if its done poorly or not as long as it is done. Personally, I'd rather keep my distance a mansion made of balsawood. It may be what I always wanted, but I don't need it collapsing on my head. Just thought I'd point that out.

As for Fatina, I can see your point, but it is not like it was not alluded to it the episode prior.
hmm, neither pairing is very well developed but if it would end up a jilxfatina then that would be a poorer execution of writing. some fatina fans may not want to admit it...but jilxkaaya received more development then jilxfatina. so if there is to be a pairing at the end jilxkaaya makes sense no matter what one might think it's done. lt also follows 1 of the old rpg cliches..
1) hero meets heroine
2) they become close
3) some event breaks them apart
4) sub heroine falls for hero as well but fails miserably to win his heart
5) hero is reunited with main heroine. HAPPY ENDING.
Old 2009-03-05, 17:50   Link #909
Frostfire
No Eyes

Quote:
hmm, neither pairing is very well developed but if it would end up a jilxfatina then that would be a poorer execution of writing. some fatina fans may not want to admit it...but jilxkaaya received more development then jilxfatina. so if there is to be a pairing at the end jilxkaaya makes sense no matter what one might think it's done. lt also follows 1 of the old rpg cliches..
1) hero meets heroine
2) they become close
3) some event breaks them apart
4) sub heroine falls for hero as well but fails miserably to win his heartbeat
5) hero is reunited with main heroine. HAPPY ENDING.
More development? Actually, time wise more development has gone to Fatina by virtue of living and caring for him (all be it off screen) for half a year. I would actually agree with the JxF fans moreso than the JxK fans. The interaction between Kaaya and Jil is actually pretty limited on close inspection, not that I am questioning their feelings... or at least hers since we don't really know his.

The old RPG cliches don't have #3 as the girl's betrayal, usually. FF7 is also a perfect example of how the main heroine gets axed for the sub heroine to take her spot. Cliches are limited by many things, which is why the word usually carries a negative connotation as you are basically copying a tried and true method. I wouldn't call the progression of the romance plot that cliche otherwise the arguments would be far fewer, even if the overall plot is a tad generic.
Old 2009-03-05, 18:11   Link #910
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

im tired of all the jil, fatina and kaaya talk. how about melt x coopa , i think coopa is the best character in the show
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 18:17   Link #911
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 09:
Old 2009-03-05, 19:08   Link #912
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep9:

@above

Hai, hai, get some calcium and try again...
i am thinking of the H-doujin form the material this ep.

Neeba and Succubus having thier way with Ki
Dark Gil and Kaaya
Old 2009-03-05, 19:11   Link #913
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
More development? Actually, time wise more development has gone to Fatina by virtue of living and caring for him (all be it off screen) for half a year. I would actually agree with the JxF fans moreso than the JxK fans. The interaction between Kaaya and Jil is actually pretty limited on close inspection, not that I am questioning their feelings... or at least hers since we don't really know his.

The old RPG cliches don't have #3 as the girl's betrayal, usually. FF7 is also a perfect example of how the main heroine gets axed for the sub heroine to take her spot. Cliches are limited by many things, which is why the word usually carries a negative connotation as you are basically copying a tried and true method. I wouldn't call the progression of the romance plot that cliche otherwise the arguments would be far fewer, even if the overall plot is a tad generic.
Remember know those 6 or so months that fatina took care of him, he did nothing he was like a walking emo zombie...so you could hardly say they became real close in that period of time. As fo his feelings not cleared are you serious?
His response to fatina's confession of love speaks volumes my friend.
"Thank you. But l...."

Pretty much his telling her he is flattered she feels that way about him, but as of now he can't return those feelings since he still has Kaaya in his heart.
Another one where he meets Neeba he goes...
where's kaaya? kaaya this, kaaya that.
and this current episode....fatina thought ji woud be mad when they told her Kaaya was with them but henaro took her...because she knows that he wants to see her badly. there are more examples from the past 3 episodes that show that jil does like kaaya.

as for ff7 Aeris is clearly the superior girl and cloud will never return tifa's feelings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i am thinking of the H-doujin form the material this ep.

Neeba and Succubus having thier way with Ki
Dark Gil and Kaaya
You forgot to include Henaro in there....she seemed willing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
im tired of all the jil, fatina and kaaya talk. how about melt x coopa , i think coopa is the best character in the show
Well, seeing how surprisingly not old Melt is....it could happen when she becomes of legal age....
how old is coopa?
Old 2009-03-05, 19:22   Link #914
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i also think the succubus is going to betrayel Neeba in the end.
Old 2009-03-05, 20:07   Link #915
Frostfire
No Eyes

Quote:
Remember know those 6 or so months that fatina took care of him, he did nothing he was like a walking emo zombie...so you could hardly say they became real close in that period of time. As fo his feelings not cleared are you serious?
His response to fatina's confession of love speaks volumes my friend.
"Thank you. But l...."

Pretty much his telling her he is flattered she feels that way about him, but as of now he can't return those feelings since he still has Kaaya in his heart.
Another one where he meets Neeba he goes...
where's kaaya? kaaya this, kaaya that.
and this current episode....fatina thought ji woud be mad when they told her Kaaya was with them but henaro took her...because she knows that he wants to see her badly. there are more examples from the past 3 episodes that show that jil does like kaaya.
I didn't say they got super-duper-lovers close, I simply said, time wise, Fatina and Jil have been together far longer. This is especially glorified by the fact that they were together longer during their most beaten up times. These sorts of tribulations tend to form deep bonds, since we were speaking about cliches this is a pretty big one. So, like I said, I agree with the JxF fans in terms of who's had more development. Even if that development is thinly spread over a large time frame.

That response doesn't speak anything. "Thank you. But I...": don't know if I do, don't love anyone, don't love you, love Utu, love Ki, etc. The wonder of unfinished sentences is that they are unfinished. They are not complete and as such they don't speak any more than me going "Hello, I...". All that matters is in the scene itself, he is grateful, not dismissive (i.e. he doesn't shoot her down), and she's not broken up about it. Everything else is just you or any body else filling in the blank with whatever they perceive to be best fitted. "Thank you. But I love Henaro." <-- Was my fill in. It didn't tell us anything about Jil, the scene wasn't specifically for him. It was for Fatina to show that she's grown up from Neeba-crushes, to "I love you"s told to the face. The girl has grown up. Focusing too much on the romance of a show will make you miss out on the finer details behind a scene.

If we're going to focus on people calling other people's names without looking at why. (For you example, he's found Neeba and he was also looking for who else? Kaaya. He's not going to be asking Neeba where the local 7Eleven is located.) If I want to be even more on that point, I can say that on some episodes that the only name coming out of his mouth is Neeba. Sometimes Fatina. Does this mean he has a gay crush on his brother and is head over heels for Fatina?

Not sure what you mean about Fatina's thinking that he'd be upset/mad. If one of the people I've been hunting for a while gets up and taken away from me right from under my nose, I'd be pretty pissed. If anything that scene is counter your pairing because he wasn't all huff-puff about getting to Kaaya. He was more concerned with his friends being alright. (Alright, fuel for my Utu x Jil something!)

Quote:
as for ff7 Aeris is clearly the superior girl and cloud will never return tifa's feelings.
Have you played Crisis Core? If not, then do so.
Old 2009-03-05, 20:42   Link #916
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Dark Gil and Kaaya
It'll include finger breaking.
Old 2009-03-05, 21:09   Link #917
Ash Falls Town

Well I'm personally satisfied with the explanation that Kaaya wanted to be a tragic heroine. Henaro not letting Coopa die is basically saying "Yes she will betray evil Gil." I'm guessing the Knights will die in this time. (I believe they died in the dream episode.) The biggest unknown here is whether pink knight and Henaro will die with them. However I think Utu has a greater chance of survival now.
I thought Amina's death was done well and I cringed in the finger breaking scene. I think it would have been better if she hadn't been able to heal it though but I guess that would make her hard to animate. I hope they explain why people want to revive this Sumar empire though and what it actually is. (It sounds technologically advanced though.)
Old 2009-03-05, 21:29   Link #918
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Falls Town View Post
Well I'm personally satisfied with the explanation that Kaaya wanted to be a tragic heroine. Henaro not letting Coopa die is basically saying "Yes she will betray evil Gil." I'm guessing the Knights will die in this time. (I believe they died in the dream episode.) The biggest unknown here is whether pink knight and Henaro will die with them. However I think Utu has a greater chance of survival now.
I thought Amina's death was done well and I cringed in the finger breaking scene. I think it would have been better if she hadn't been able to heal it though but I guess that would make her hard to animate. I hope they explain why people want to revive this Sumar empire though and what it actually is. (It sounds technologically advanced though.)
nationalism.
Old 2009-03-05, 23:53   Link #919
ThoHell

YAY! Things are really starting to pick up pace now, but kind of sad we're reaching the end.

Henaro was girly for a bit... O_o

Old Coopa appeared, FINALLY!

Kaaya is annoying...

Pink hair cyborg is kind of cute!

Oh, that one bow woman and her 2 peons, were sure pretty bossy with the way she expressed herself to them. Basically now that she told them what she knows, the don't need her. Those 2 peons can be smacked away like flies, she can put up a fight, pointlessly, and will loose. But that won't happen since this is Jil we're talking about. yesterday's foes becomes today's friends.

Anyways, hoping for a good ending. If Fatina get screwed, I will be completely devastated and the series will become a train wreck in my guts....
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 23:57   Link #920
FateAnomaly

Great episode. It really advanced the story quite a bit here. The characters get mixed around but they will probably all converge at the top in the next episode. Kind of seems like they all use some "cheat code" to jump stages though lol.

Despite how bad Amina is , she is really loyal though. She knew she will get strike down but didn't even move. I suppose its Nationalism as well as mentioned above.

I always thought that Kaaya will have some sort of secret weapon to defeat shadow Gil but it seems not to be the case. There is no way in hell she could have won against him alone and he had minions too. Perhaps she is relying on Neeba? That is practically a suicide mission or is she relying on faith.

Henaro isn't exactly that bad. She just have some misguided loyalty. She is even willing to "sacrifice" herself for her king. She don't really want to hurt the group. She gave them a chance to go back and she save Coopa when she saw that she is badly injured.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, gonzo, rpg