Notices

Old 2015-06-08, 08:05   Link #901
Flying-nano

Bloodsign 3 synopsis

Flying-nano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-08, 09:58   Link #902
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

I hope someone at least summarizes it again.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-08, 11:32   Link #903
Wandering Soul

Last volume apparently had time travel so I wonder what's in this one.
Old 2015-06-08, 18:20   Link #904
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It involves an unidentified device that can manipulate girls, "Girl's Backdoor".
Kyousuke might end up fighting against another "strongest" Summoner.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 11:01   Link #905
Takatathien

Whoosh, look like Avert Translation also gave up on this series because of how complicated this is.

Takatathien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 11:34   Link #906
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takatathien View Post
Whoosh, look like Avert Translation also gave up on this series because of how complicated this is.
Gods, did Kamachi go full chuuni Masada-style or something with the series ?
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 11:48   Link #907
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

No he just has terrible Chinese raws so he had to refer to the Japanese version every time for a rough understanding and he only does C -> E translation.
Old 2015-06-13, 16:07   Link #908
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takatathien View Post
Just how complicated did Kamachi make this LN?
Old 2015-06-13, 18:23   Link #909
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

For starters, the Summoning Ceremony itself is so complicated that it might not be depicted well in anime format.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 20:35   Link #910
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Back in March:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avert
For those who are wondering what is going on with Bloodsign, all I can say it is proceeding very slowly. The amount of time spent on 1 part of it (to be honest, around 14pg) is enough for me to give you an entire chapter of World of Sword and Dragon. The chinese raws I have is pretty bad and I have to constantly refer to Japanese raws just to roughly understand the sentence. This also means that the translation is definitely gonna be of a sub-standard quality which in my view is probably just slightly better than a MTL. Well I will at least finish this Part 1 before I will rethink about my plans for it.
Old 2015-06-13, 21:17   Link #911
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
Just how complicated did Kamachi make this LN?
This is based on a chinese translation though.
If you go from Jpn -> Chn -> Eng, you're obviously not gonna get a good translation no matter how much you try. We don't really know how complicated it is until someone just go straight Jpn -> Eng.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 22:53   Link #912
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
This is based on a chinese translation though.
If you go from Jpn -> Chn -> Eng, you're obviously not gonna get a good translation no matter how much you try. We don't really know how complicated it is until someone just go straight Jpn -> Eng.
But we did get how complicated it is, since js06.exe translated the first 2 chapters, and, even in English, just understanding it is a pain. What to say of actually translating it.

Besides, wasn't the reason js06.exe dropped this because of how difficult it was to translate?
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 23:03   Link #913
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
But we did get how complicated it is, since js06.exe translated the first 2 chapters, and, even in English, just understanding it is a pain. What to say of actually translating it.

Besides, wasn't the reason js06.exe dropped this because of how difficult it was to translate?
IIRC, the reason was that he didn't find the story as enjoyable as the hype at the time made it seem.
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 23:10   Link #914
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

^
Well for some reason or another the series didn't hold his interest. But to be fair, translating Horizon, Index, Heavy Object and Zashiki-Warashi is already too much to handle as it is.
Old 2015-06-13, 23:31   Link #915
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

He also translates OnC and City, but I guess that falls under Horizon so it's understandable.
Old 2015-06-13, 23:45   Link #916
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

My desire to actually read Blood Sign still burns bright...
*mopes*
Old 2015-06-14, 01:02   Link #917
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
My desire to actually read Blood Sign still burns bright...
*mopes*
I feel your pain Hiss.
Old 2015-06-14, 09:43   Link #918
hinotori

It wasn't complicated at all. There aren't any weird sentences or some pain in the ass Kanji. I would say ZW was harder to read than this.

And by looking at the preview translation in Avert...I'am kinda glad he dropped it. His translation was so...bad. You can't even tell who speaking to whom. Not counting many mistakes he made, like this one.

Quote:
“……so as to say, the reason why Brother does not care about me who is his sister is because I am not wearing white right?”

“Yes that is correct, yeah right! We are just discussing about a serious topic just now!? And it involves the life and death of people!!”

In this sentence, Aika stated that she and Kyousuke are talking about 'How Kyousuke didn't feel moe for his others sister like her is because she didn't wear white school swimsuit' and Kyousuke counters as 'Yeah right...There's no damn way that is right! weren't we discussing a quiet serious issue just a moment ago!? So serious it involves the life and death of people!!'

And there you have it. The novel itself isn't that hard to read. I would say it's the fault of the translator who can't grasp the meaning of a said novel.
hinotori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-14, 10:45   Link #919
Dark_Matter
He Who Is Not to be Named

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinotori View Post
It wasn't complicated at all. There aren't any weird sentences or some pain in the ass Kanji. I would say ZW was harder to read than this.

And by looking at the preview translation in Avert...I'am kinda glad he dropped it. His translation was so...bad. You can't even tell who speaking to whom. Not counting many mistakes he made, like this one.

In this sentence, Aika stated that she and Kyousuke are talking about 'How Kyousuke didn't feel moe for his others sister like her is because she didn't wear white school swimsuit' and Kyousuke counters as 'Yeah right...There's no damn way that is right! weren't we discussing a quiet serious issue just a moment ago!? So serious it involves the life and death of people!!'

And there you have it. The novel itself isn't that hard to read. I would say it's the fault of the translator who can't grasp the meaning of a said novel.
You can't be to hard on him. Like he said, the chinese source were bad and he translated it from CN -> EN, so it's bound to be bad, if the source were bad...
Dark_Matter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-14, 11:31   Link #920
LazyHunter

It's a shame that he dropped the translation, but there's nothing else to do if his chinese source its bad and he only does chinese to english translations.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, summoning