AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-22, 00:07   Link #901
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

New red-haired character "Souma Takiko" played by Kanemoto Hisako (Squid Girl, Kotoura-san, Makoto in Gingitsune, Hokuto in this show).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 00:17   Link #902
ginger02

I literally started clapping when Natsume called out the mage.

I still don't really understand what the plot is, maybe since it's slow moving. I saw Kyoko go all Sailor Moon in the OP, so looking forward to that.

A couple questions:

1. What is the Twin Horn Syndicate, and who belongs to it?
2. Why is that Raven Coat such big deal?
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 00:23   Link #903
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger02 View Post
A couple questions:

1. What is the Twin Horn Syndicate, and who belongs to it?
Name of the Yakou cult that's been targeting Natsume since she was a child. First mentioned at the ep 4 (but not named until the end of ep 6) and throughout the other episodes. Ep 7 talks about a bit of their history (and the terrorist attack they were behind). Douman had connections to them (until they tried to kill him back in ep 14 for silence), maybe Suzu too.

Quote:
2. Why is that Raven Coat such big deal?
As Suzuka said in ep 12, it can somehow identity who really is Yakou reincarnation. It's supposedly Yakou's most prized possession which he never took off. That's all can say there to avoid spoilers.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-01-22 at 11:53.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 00:24   Link #904
noctis_lucis

I really like this ep it's a really good way to set the plot for the new eps,
I really liked the op song but the animation... They reused too much for my taste, new images are really good but they could do it better, I think they were uncreative or/and lazy anyway I really enjoyed the episode.

I didn't like the new ending, the song isn't good, it didn't leave any impression on me but the animation is terrible, hardly related with TR. Also it's too generic and plain, sauf the last image it doesn't seem like TR
Old 2014-01-22, 00:58   Link #905
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

the opening new op was ok but the new ending was great. their animations was just average

the episode was just as expected after those battles but things will get even more crunchier next episode
Old 2014-01-22, 01:20   Link #906
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
So you just couldn't help yourself you could you?
I always do that to myself. Once I get into a series, I can't control myself & the need to know what happens next/future events always gets the better of me. I couldn't fight it & just went to town on Raven's Ln thread. I'm well versed in vol 8 to 10, I've neglected the first 7 because the anime will more or less cover them. Btw, I can't wait to see vol 9 animated. Even though I know what'll happen, the anticipation is still killing me because its gonna be epic...lol

Quote:
At least you didn't spoil everything.
Nah, I don't spoil people. I'm not a douche. I either recommend they wait or refer them to the source they're looking for. Its up to them to spoil themselves if they can't hold back.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 02:09   Link #907
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
I always do that to myself. Once I get into a series, I can't control myself & the need to know what happens next/future events always gets the better of me. I couldn't fight it & just went to town on Raven's Ln thread. I'm well versed in vol 8 to 10, I've neglected the first 7 because the anime will more or less cover them. Btw, I can't wait to see vol 9 animated. Even though I know what'll happen, the anticipation is still killing me because its gonna be epic...lol
Yeah, I got you. Only I was spoiled months ago before the anime aired.

I would suggest not to read to much into the actual novels so the adaptation doesn't betray your expectations. You don't want to fall into the trap of comparing every little thing the show does to the source subconsciously. You want still enjoy the anime on it's own terms even if means being ignorant of original story.

Quote:
Nah, I don't spoil people. I'm not a douche. I either recommend they wait or refer them to the source they're looking for. Its up to them to spoil themselves if they can't hold back.
Actually my post was direct towards to you, but you have already see the stuff for the later novels so it's moot. Sorry I wasn't clear.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-01-22 at 10:15.
Old 2014-01-22, 03:01   Link #908
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

WTF was that op? There's so many reused footage.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 04:47   Link #909
NutShell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
New red-haired character "Souma Takiko" played by Kanemoto Hisako (Squid Girl, Kotoura-san, Makoto in Gingitsune, Hokuto in this show).
whaa. i don't realize until look at this post
the voice bit different
NutShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 06:12   Link #910
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
WTF was that op? There's so many reused footage.
The reused parts may just be placeholders like some OP's tend to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutShell View Post
whaa. i don't realize until look at this post
the voice bit different
Yes, she's got quite good range doesn't she?
Old 2014-01-22, 10:12   Link #911
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Red heads stand out but not blondes? Uhh... what? XD

Quote:
I frigging knew it. Hearing that voice in the altar scene my first thought was "WTF Hokuto is alive and Natsume isn't controlling her?" To be fair she did try, but I find Kanemoto has this distinct sound that makes it unmistakably her despite her best efforts not to do so. XD

Or maybe... Takiko is really Hokuto back from the 'dead'?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 10:19   Link #912
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Red heads stand out but not blondes? Uhh... what? XD
Blondes are probably more common than red heads at the school.

Quote:
Or maybe... Takiko is really Hokuto back from the 'dead'?
Nah, they're different people. Really! I'm serious!
Old 2014-01-22, 10:23   Link #913
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
As Suzuka said in ep 12, it can somehow identity who really is Yakou reincarnation. It's supposedly Yakou's most prized possession which he never took off. That's all can say there to avoid spoilers.
So then...that could mean that Natsume isn't the real incarnate. If she was, then they wouldn't have to hide the jacket. I'm betting she's the meat shield for the real incarnate, Haratora.
Old 2014-01-22, 10:43   Link #914
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
So then...that could mean that Natsume isn't the real incarnate. If she was, then they wouldn't have to hide the jacket. I'm betting she's the meat shield for the real incarnate, Haratora.
Well, she herself isn't so sure. It's just what people have always called Natsume due to her very strong talent in Onmyoudo and her being a Tsuchimikado. Suzuka, just gave her a possible lead if she wants to clear those doubts.
Old 2014-01-22, 12:25   Link #915
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Hokuto came back as an incarnation due to frustrations of dying early!!!
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 13:16   Link #916
Frontier

I doubt it's a simple coincidence that they've recasted Hokuto's voice as a new character. Combine Harutora's foreboding words regarding their meeting, the ominous image of Takiko in the opening, and the fact that, despite it being reused animation, Hokuto is still in the opening, there may be some connection and likely means that Takiko is going to become quite important to the plot going forward.

I really like the new opening! It's a catchy and rocking song, and while it reusing some animation from the previous opening is disappointing, I felt there was enough new animation to make up for it. And hopefully, like Iron Maw said, the re-used shots may turn out to be just placeholders.

Going by the opening, it looks like Harutora is going to eventually be able to achieve the same high-level spell as Jin can despite his lack of experience. We also have a nice romantic image with Harutora and Natsume, with another shot of Touji and Suzuka together. I wonder if that's to reference Suzuka's affections shifting to Touji or how her father is connected to the incident that gave Touji his demon powers? Though on the Harutora/Suzuka front, the opening also has a priceless scene of Suzuka trying in vain to get a stuffed Tiger .

I like the new ending, and it's nice to hear Mami Kawada on vocals, though I could've done with some more actual animation. I can't say I really care for live-action shots of what I presume is Tokyo. It could have at least had the main cast inserted in like the last ending...

The infamous "Ryou" Saotome and Suzu sharing a name is probably also not a coincidence. It would explain why Suzu seems so interested in obtaining The Raven's Coat, and that she possibly sought Doman out because the Onmyo Agency was hiding it instead of rightfully giving it to the person they believe to be Yakou's reincarnation. Though if Suzu is really Ryou Saotome, then she likely doesn't look anything like she used to. There's no way she'd risk Jin recognizing her at the school while she was there. And then there's people constantly calling her Doman's Familiar...

Speaking of Familiars, Kagami and his Familiar having an apparently violent and one-sided relationship does not surprise me, nor does Kagami's Familiar apparently having a violent side to his personality. He is Kagami's Familiar after all .

So Doman isn't dead, but has revived in a child-like body. He's still probably a huge threat, but his new body might hinder him enough to where Harutora's team can legitimately take him on. Though I still have my doubts regarding whether he's the ultimate antagonist of the show.

So Jin was a former Divine General? Makes perfect sense. Though if he retired from the position, I wonder if he was replaced? There are supposed to be twelve of them after all, so I'd assume they have to keep the roster consistent. And there are still members we've yet to meet. And speaking of the generals, Amami talking about retiring after bringing down the Two-Horn Syndicate sounded like a huge death flag, especially when Hirata is still beneath suspicion .

Last edited by Frontier; 2014-01-22 at 15:06.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 13:27   Link #917
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
She can't realy be meatshield as that rumor about her being reincarnation is... well rumor. If her parents wanted use her like that they could as well make it official cause (as you could see) her father have free acces to that jacket.

To be honest I still hope she is. It would be interesting if Harutora wasn't just another choosen one.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 13:36   Link #918
Ickarium

I think it's Harutora. When we got the vision in the first arc it was Harutora who had it, not Natsume. Plus, his father linked the Ogre (Touji) to him to control and not Natsume. It's history repeating itself really.

I don't think it's 'typical chosen one' however. He's very strong yes, but he's not really that skilled thus far, and he's been shown to be something of a dork. He's definitely not typical in the Chosen One stakes.
Old 2014-01-22, 14:32   Link #919
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Can't answer that for you dude. That's Ln info, you'll have to pay the Ln thread a visit if you really want to know. I robbed myself the opportunity to be surprised because I spoiled myself since episode 1...lol

Trust me, just wait it out like all the other anime-only viewers. It'll be worth the wait.
Wasn't asking who they were.

As for Kagami, WTF is the Agency thinking? If they deliberately chose Kagami for the job over other free Divine Generals, then it's no wonder the Syndicate manages to play them. I hope Amami dies.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 15:01   Link #920
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Takiko is HOT! That's able to make me give this episode a pass grade, considering that they'll probably fit LN vol. 7 into 2 episodes anyway.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, fantasy, romance, shounen, supernatural anime