AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2024-01-04, 08:23   Link #921
Twi

Still, it means they're at least still making some progress when there was no news before.
Old 2024-01-04, 14:10   Link #922
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
They animated Aria xD
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I saw this, it was adorable
Old 2024-01-06, 18:39   Link #923
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Oh, I've been playing Samurai Remnant for a few days now. I've been enjoying it.

Good to hear that Record isn't in development hell tho.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-07, 02:10   Link #924
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
In terms of Record having some news is good enough for me. Obviously got announced way too early. But clearly they are still working away at it. It'll get done and should be a blast to play when that time comes.
Old 2024-01-07, 07:19   Link #925
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassGSnewtype View Post
I saw this, it was adorable
Well she admits that she can't fight in SR, now we know why

Jokes aside, I found her incredibly useless and really annoying when

Spoiler for Heavy Plot Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Oh, I've been playing Samurai Remnant for a few days now. I've been enjoying it.

Good to hear that Record isn't in development hell tho.
For me It's become a second Ryza2. Short burst of playing and then stop

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-07, 12:18   Link #926
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Well she admits that she can't fight in SR, now we know why

Jokes aside, I found her incredibly useless and really annoying when

Spoiler for Heavy Plot Spoiler:

For me It's become a second Ryza2. Short burst of playing and then stop
God I just did that fight. That was an awful time.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-19, 11:25   Link #927
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

So might as well chart my path through CCC now that I can actually just fully jump in and play. It's going to be really interesting seeing characters like BB, Melt, etc before they made their way into FGO. If nothing else playing through this should make the wait for Record easier. Something crazy to dive into in the Extra-universe while waiting.

Spoiler for Story Thoughts:

And that's it. Could say finishing this in 2 weeks isn't actually all that long. But I just got sucked into this. Spent as much time as I could because darn it...I wanted to see how it played out! And honestly it makes me love what FGO did with these characters all the more. So much just fits all the better now. It does make me lament a bit that Record is simply a remake of the original since it'd be sweet to see both that story and CCC getting that level of treatment. But such is.

Was fun covering my thoughts on this throughout. Great game for sure and huge props to the translators for going through all that.

Will probably do a Tamamo run sooner or later. But may just let this breathe for a bit.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2024-01-31 at 03:23.
FlareKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-07-23, 06:51   Link #928
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

YouTube

It's still alive. They'll reveal more info at FGOfes on August 4. Really hoping for a completely different combat system, rock/paper/scissors really wasn't good.

And very wishful thinking but it'd be an incredible surprise if they announced CCC is included. I still haven't gotten around to playing it.
Old 2024-07-26, 01:44   Link #929
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
YouTube

It's still alive. They'll reveal more info at FGOfes on August 4. Really hoping for a completely different combat system, rock/paper/scissors really wasn't good.

And very wishful thinking but it'd be an incredible surprise if they announced CCC is included. I still haven't gotten around to playing it.
I'm glad for news. While I didn't doubt it being alive, I was regretting that they announced it so darn early. Hopefully they've got some significant news (ideally a release window) for us. I do fully expect a battle system overhaul.

Ideally would be over the moon if they surprised and did include CCC in there. I'm not expecting it from what they said around the time this was announced, but it would be amazing. Honestly CCC was even better to play through than I imagined so I'd be all for it.
Old 2024-08-04, 06:59   Link #930
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Coming in 2025. No actual date.

YouTube

No more rock/paper/scissors! It's a card system, but no clue how it works exactly. It's bound to be better either way.

lol at them releasing a game on PS4 in 2025.
Old 2024-08-04, 10:04   Link #931
GDB

Quote:
PS4 still has a higher attach rate in Japan than PS5.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-08-04, 11:06   Link #932
Twi

That got an upgrade compared to the PSP version.
Old 2024-08-04, 18:00   Link #933
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
PS4 still has a higher attach rate in Japan than PS5.
Still funny, given that the PS5 will be entering its fourth year on the market. At some point it's time to just move on. At least we are getting a PS5 version so I'm not complaining, especially since the game looks gorgeous. It's obviously a giant step up from the original game, but also from Extella with its horrible character models.

After rewatching the trailer, I noticed they're not using Wada's art as sprites but 3D models. A bit surprised and disappointed by that decision, since I love her art.
Old 2024-08-06, 03:14   Link #934
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Still funny, given that the PS5 will be entering its fourth year on the market. At some point it's time to just move on. At least we are getting a PS5 version so I'm not complaining, especially since the game looks gorgeous. It's obviously a giant step up from the original game, but also from Extella with its horrible character models.

After rewatching the trailer, I noticed they're not using Wada's art as sprites but 3D models. A bit surprised and disappointed by that decision, since I love her art.
Honestly, the PS4 (and especially the Pro) don't look too bad even today, 10 whole years after they came out! So long as you're targeting 1080p or 1440p, you can still get some pretty good looking games out of those systems. You really don't need much more visual-wise and, thanks to that, it's better to just release the games for it and capitalize on the larger market of PS4 and PS5 combined.

Now where things really get bogged down, if you're targeting the PS4, is on anything that requires some heavy compute to do. Better quality physics simulation, better quality enemy AI, etc, etc. The CPU on those old consoles was slow even when they got released so it's borderline ancient nowadays. The issue is that these kinds of things don't really show up in trailers for the most part because the shiny graphics are the things that sell. Because of that, developers keep suffering through the low budget CPU in those old machines (while the PS5 just breezes through those simulations at breakneck speed with plenty of room to spare).

But maybe this is just me (a software dev myself) being too focused on the tech. Maybe the reality is that the CPU on the PS4 was good enough and we've basically reached a point where improvements won't be needed for a couple of decades. The market forces seem to think so (hence why the PS4 just refuses to die).
Old 2024-08-06, 04:13   Link #935
Shadow5YA

Japan has historically been slow on the uptake for newer consoles because of their stagnant economy.

The new PS5 model is a whopping 66,980 JPY. That's a big ask for Japanese consumers that are already frugal enough.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-08-06, 07:00   Link #936
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Japan has historically been slow on the uptake for newer consoles because of their stagnant economy.

The new PS5 model is a whopping 66,980 JPY. That's a big ask for Japanese consumers that are already frugal enough.
The PS5 has sold more units than the PS4 during the same timeframe, and that's in spite of the shortage during its first year. It's doing extremely well over there. Obviously, there are still more PS4s (the ratio is about 2:1), but that applies to every country in the world.

But whatever, as I said, it's not an issue for me (why would it be?). I just found it amusing because it's a rather extreme case. Then again, Sega is still releasing its games on PS4 now that I think about it.
Old 2024-08-06, 18:59   Link #937
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Coming in 2025. No actual date.

YouTube

No more rock/paper/scissors! It's a card system, but no clue how it works exactly. It's bound to be better either way.

Well at least there seems to be a PC release too.
Fun fact btw - there is a visual bug on the trailer at least it looks like Tamamo's legs are clipping into the floor when she is sitting on the pillows.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-08-06, 23:15   Link #938
Shadow5YA

Quote:
The PS5 has sold more units than the PS4 during the same timeframe, and that's in spite of the shortage during its first year. It's doing extremely well over there. Obviously, there are still more PS4s (the ratio is about 2:1), but that applies to every country in the world.

But whatever, as I said, it's not an issue for me (why would it be?). I just found it amusing because it's a rather extreme case. Then again, Sega is still releasing its games on PS4 now that I think about it.
PS5 sales have dropped 43% compared to last year, and it's only been 3 years. 900k units is still good, but unless it magically trends upward again it's not on track to beat the PS4 anymore.

https://x.com/GameDataLibrary/status...49085663105171
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-08-07, 08:42   Link #939
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
PS5 sales have dropped 43% compared to last year, and it's only been 3 years. 900k units is still good, but unless it magically trends upward again it's not on track to beat the PS4 anymore.

https://x.com/GameDataLibrary/status...49085663105171
Ouch, that's quite the drop. I wasn't aware of these numbers.

Anyway, we're really off-topic, so let's just stop there. More people will be able to play the game at the end of the day, so it's a good thing.

I am, however, quite curious how the game will run on Switch and PS4. I'm assuming the trailer is PC or PS5 footage, and I noticed a few frame drops in it. An obvious one is when Kotomine is doing his speech, it seems to stutter a bit. They still have time to iron things out of course.
Old 2024-08-07, 18:16   Link #940
GDB

Good chance it'll be available for Switch 2 as well, in some capacity. So that'll likely help with any power issues the Switch might have.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ps vita, psp