Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-19, 00:20   Link #9401
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Whatever, I just wanted to make a point that World Peace isn't something to take lightly here in terms of effort >_>

Damn it all, he needs to win and I say we should finally let him so this bull he went through to get here wouldn't have been for nothing <_<

The whole point of Lelouch's message about lies being necessary in order for societies to function though overrides that I feel. Some things are better left unsaid, some ideas better left unknown, in order for tomorrow to come. And that doesn't counter my point about needing the world to turn against him either for his plans.
Is him telling her how he feels about her such a big deal? let him do Zero Requiem and then he can go and tell Kallen what he wants.. I don't see how that is detrimental in anything.. he will wear the mask of lies and eventually take it off when Zero Requiem is complete I assume
Old 2008-09-19, 00:23   Link #9402
scifijimmy

Quote:
The direction this series is going I don't think anything less then a spiffy sounding master plan is going to be able to turn things around. World Peace isn't something to be obtained at the drop of a hat... >_>
Then we have serious Xanatos Pileup going on here.
Old 2008-09-19, 00:28   Link #9403
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:

The whole point of Lelouch's message about lies being necessary in order for societies to function though overrides that I feel. Some things are better left unsaid, some ideas better left unknown, in order for tomorrow to come. And that doesn't counter my point about needing the world to turn against him either for his plans.
I'm not arguing that Lelouch feels lies are necessary for his world to function. I'm just saying that, at the very least, Kallen is going to get some answers (demand answers more than likely) because if she didn't, they wasted her development for the season, and that's poor story telling.

What she does with that information is questionable, but it's a good bet that she would join Lelouch, which is likely why he didn't want to tell her in the first place. It's my hunch that she'll learn the truth (either at the end of ep24 or beginning of ep25) and help with the Requiem (but attempt to save Lelouch if the plan, indeed, involves his death). I mean, maybe Lelouch feels he needs to die (or Suzaku made it a condition for him to die, as punishment for Euphie), but Kallen might snap him out of that; he could go into hiding. It's not like he's not practiced in disappearing from the public stage.

Anyway, since we don't know what the Requiem is, and everyone seems to think it's something different, everyone's perception of what will happen next is different, so I say, let's just wait and see who's right, shall we?
Old 2008-09-19, 00:30   Link #9404
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
I'm not arguing that Lelouch feels lies are necessary for his world to function. I'm just saying that, at the very least, Kallen is going to get some answers (demand answers more than likely) because if she didn't, they wasted her development for the season, and that's poor story telling.

What she does with that information is questionable, but it's a good bet that she would join Lelouch, which is likely why he didn't want to tell her in the first place. It's my hunch that she'll learn the truth (either at the end of ep24 or beginning of ep25) and help with the Requiem (but attempt to save Lelouch if the plan, indeed, involves his death). I mean, maybe Lelouch feels he needs to die (or Suzaku made it a condition for him to die, as punishment for Euphie), but Kallen might snap him out of that; he could go into hiding. It's not like he's not practiced in disappearing from the public stage.

Anyway, since we don't know what the Requiem is, and everyone seems to think it's something different, everyone's perception of what will happen next is different, so I say, let's just wait and see who's right, shall we?
This is the fun part....
Old 2008-09-19, 00:53   Link #9405
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Quote:

I think it's more likely that at the time he thought she would still follow him even though he's not zero. Remember that he said it does not matter if he had geassed her or not, she would still be loyal to him.
Old 2008-09-19, 01:04   Link #9406
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
The direction this series is going I don't think anything less then a spiffy sounding master plan is going to be able to turn things around. World Peace isn't something to be obtained at the drop of a hat... >_>
Well, way I see it there's a few possibilities:
1) Celestial Being plan - Lelouch makes the world unite against him by going on a rampage. Somewhat unlikely, since the means are similar to Schniezel's plot despite the different goals.

2) United Earthsphere plan - Lelouch conquers the entire world, only to set up a democratic government with protection of basic human rights. In other words, basically he'd be propelling the UFN's schedule ahead by 50 odd years. Possible since Lulu's been lugging all the UFN leaders around with him for the past 2 weeks, and his actions usually have ulterior motives.

3) Geass plan - Lelouch conquers the entire world for the exact same reason his father did: to gain control of all the geass ruins. He then proceeds to do some sort of magic using World of C/Sword of Akasha/etc. to give everyone with the potential geass. There's no real support for this in the show persay, but considering Lelouch's character is a well intentioned extremist who shares quite a few similarities to troupe setting antagonist Char Anzable and also has an interest in the future (as opposed to Charles' interest in the past and Schniezel's in the present), it's possible Lelouch's goal is similar to Char's ideal of the evolution of humanity...and that's where the geass comes in.

4) Anti-Geass plan - same as above, but instead Lelouch wants to wipe the geass out. would probably somehow remove his own geass and C.C.'s code without killing either of them in such a situation (assuming both of them made it out of 24), seeing as how Taniguchi usually goes for happier, more hopeful endings.
Old 2008-09-19, 01:13   Link #9407
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Hey does anyone know who the youngest seiyu is that has like a leading role?

What are we talking about now? What exactly is Zero requieum?
Old 2008-09-19, 01:21   Link #9408
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post

If we knew that, there would be alot less arguing, I can tell you that much.
Old 2008-09-19, 01:25   Link #9409
scifijimmy

Quote:

I have a solution that should work to this agrument situation. We all go to bed NOW and don't get up until our favorite subber is finished.
Old 2008-09-19, 01:27   Link #9410
Hellbore

Quote:
Look on ANN for that kinda stuff. I think the youngest I've seen is like 4 or 5
Old 2008-09-19, 01:29   Link #9411
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifijimmy View Post
I have a solution that should work to this agrument situation. We all go to bed NOW and don't get up until our favorite subber is finished.
There's an outside chance I would get fired if that's the excuse I gave my boss why I didn't show up for work.
Old 2008-09-19, 01:32   Link #9412
scifijimmy

Quote:
There's an outside chance I would get fired if that's the excuse I gave my boss why I didn't show up for work.
I have to attend college classes tommorrow.
Old 2008-09-19, 01:54   Link #9413
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Am I mistaken or is there a new Nightmare of Nunnally manga chapter out?
There used to be only 2 right? Well, there's a 3rd one now.
Old 2008-09-19, 02:22   Link #9414
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
Rakshata recovered the [unusuable] Gawain.

Also, if she was out of the Gawain already, then, bodies float. There's a term for this but I forget, anyways, yea, detective shows and Meitante Conan ftw.
That's why Lelouch must be blasted into the sun, no one can recover him until like a couple billion years when the sun goes Nova by that time humanity would be dead, or off into other systems.

Sure he can find some other humans that why you just blast him off into a second sun.

It would be the most depressing ending in the history of mankind. No peace of death, just the embrace of dying over and over again for all eternity.
Old 2008-09-19, 02:27   Link #9415
Sprite_Coke

That kinda makes you wonder, what the hell happened to all those women with Codes on their foreheads.
If you're confused about what I'm talking about, it's been shown so many times, in intros, and flashes, but if you're looking for a specific incident, very first episode when Lelouch is agreeing to the contract.
Old 2008-09-19, 02:27   Link #9416
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Quote:

And why do you want to know actually?
Old 2008-09-19, 02:30   Link #9417
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinstreet View Post
And why do you want to know actually?
Rofl random curiosity?
Old 2008-09-19, 02:30   Link #9418
whiter
C.C, Matsuri and Horo,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
That kinda makes you wonder, what the hell happened to all those women with Codes on their foreheads.
If you're confused about what I'm talking about, it's been shown so many times, in intros, and flashes, but if you're looking for a specific incident, very first episode when Lelouch is agreeing to the contract.
That has been bugging me since R2 started, Ep 15 didn't give any answer nor did 21. Seems like it was forgotten or due to the time slot it had to be redo/removed.
Lets hope ep 25 enlightens us
Old 2008-09-19, 02:31   Link #9419
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
That's why Lelouch must be blasted into the sun, no one can recover him until like a couple billion years when the sun goes Nova by that time humanity would be dead, or off into other systems.

Sure he can find some other humans that why you just blast him off into a second sun.

It would be the most depressing ending in the history of mankind. No peace of death, just the embrace of dying over and over again for all eternity.

LOL... You really despise our Lulu don't you?
Old 2008-09-19, 02:39   Link #9420
Sprite_Coke

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiter View Post
That has been bugging me since R2 started, Ep 15 didn't give any answer nor did 21. Seems like it was forgotten or due to the time slot it had to be redo/removed.
Lets hope ep 25 enlightens us
From the background of that cut, it seems like when the Earth was still being formed (red gas, unhabitant by plants, no soil, etc).
Could they be Gods? or Angels?. I will be really pissed if they go FMA and bring religion into a completely fictional (which religion is anyways) story.
If so then they really screwed it up, cause the scene portrays Earth's beginning speculated by scientists, and they're bringing in divine entities into such a scene.

Tags
spoilers