AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-25, 03:53   Link #9401
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Box - Is that dancing kung-fu? It looks really odd. Anyway, are either of these good against a knife fighter? Reverse grip also (It can actually be used practically).
Like I said, Basletball would help.

Though even without it, do you really think she wouldn't be trainer to handle a simple knife threat?

I kinda doubt it.
Old 2011-11-25, 04:00   Link #9402
Eratas123

@ Box - How does basketball help?

Anyway, the fighting is based mostly on acrobatics and speed, the knife is only there because he doesn't have the strength to seriously hurt opponents. The reason it's reverse grip is because he's frequently grappled and reverse grip makes it easier to escape.
Old 2011-11-25, 04:09   Link #9403
HasuMasu
*Artist

I see, but handling a knife threat is basic self-defense, that kind of grip, truth be told, is usually used by amateurs to stab, then again I doubt he's an amateur so he'll probably end up using it well enough, as for the Basketball, it's a bit hard to explain but there's this certain move that's used to get passed opponents while dribbling, ofcourse this can be exploited for fighting in a way that it can be a quick and way to get behind an opponent, I think Saeko used this to get behind zombies in HOTD.
Old 2011-11-25, 04:12   Link #9404
Eratas123

@ Box - The biggest factor is her strength! Unfortunately, the strength of the characters seem to be based mostly on rule of funny
Old 2011-11-25, 04:17   Link #9405
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
@ Meister - Are all the characters Singaporean? Riselle is competing to be the rep candidate of Singapore but she sounds Japanese.
As per Saintess' request, half-Japanese. Daughter of a Japanese woman who married into a Chinese family to bring 2 empires together forming a massive construction powerhouse.

Asian "Corporate Takeover".
Old 2011-11-25, 04:22   Link #9406
HasuMasu
*Artist

I think the biggest factor is her technique, she knows what she's doing, a lot of emphasis was put on how her actions seem to flow effortlessly in Ichika's description.

That is ofcourse, foreshadowing in relation to Mysterious Lady.
Old 2011-11-25, 04:23   Link #9407
Eratas123

@ Meister - So....

Browning - American

Karon - Singaporean

Riz - Half Japanese half Chinese

Gin - Japanese

Celeste - German

Kei - Japanese

While I'm at it.

Ichika - Japanese

Inami - Japanese

Kyuukai - Japanese

Irish - Unknown, presumed to be albino.

Rong - Chinese

Max - Singaporean

Jak's OC's - American, German, African-American, Mexican.

Yoshi - Japanese.

Most of the males are Japanese while the females are more varied, makes sense since IS academy students are multi-national.

@ Box - Then how does one like her deal with acrobatics?
Old 2011-11-25, 04:27   Link #9408
HasuMasu
*Artist

She's pretty acrobatic herself, dodging arrows and whatnot.
Old 2011-11-25, 04:30   Link #9409
Eratas123

@ Box - I meant more than just being fluid in movement. Flips, jumps, dodge rolls, parkour and other moves acrobats use.
Old 2011-11-25, 04:32   Link #9410
HasuMasu
*Artist

Ahh yes, the capoeira covers that.

So does dodging arrows.
Old 2011-11-25, 04:37   Link #9411
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Ginjyo is Singaporean. Her name is actually spelt as Teo Jinyu, but I as with most of the Chinese names in my fanon I spelt them using the Japanese pronunciation of the Chinese radical.

That's why Wu Jiarong became Gou Karon, and Khoo Xuejin became Koh Yukimura.
Old 2011-11-25, 04:44   Link #9412
Eratas123

@ Box - Does she have no weakness? Are you telling that if someone purposely breaks their arm fighting her she wouldn't be fazed at all?

@ Meister - Still more varied than the guys. Other than Jak's OC's the only non jap is Irish (Unknown nationality) and Rong (Chinese)
Old 2011-11-25, 04:48   Link #9413
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
@ Box - Does she have no weakness? Are you telling that if someone purposely breaks their arm fighting her she wouldn't be fazed at all?

@ Meister - Still more varied than the guys. Other than Jak's OC's the only non jap is Irish (Unknown nationality) and Rong (Chinese)
Hey hey, you never mentioned that, if that's the case she wouldn't even bother, I know I wouldn't, even if they had a knife/gun/bazooka/taco.
Old 2011-11-25, 04:56   Link #9414
Eratas123

@ Box - What do you mean not bother? Just because his arms broken, doesn't mean he can't fight, using your mouth to hold a knife works.
Old 2011-11-25, 05:04   Link #9415
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
@ Box - What do you mean not bother? Just because his arms broken, doesn't mean he can't fight, using your mouth to hold a knife works.
I'm not saying it's not dangerous, that's a pretty unusual situation there, if it were me I'd just walk away though, I don't know, but my fighter's pride wouldn't let me fight someone with broken arms, knife or no knife. That being said though, if Tatenashi decides to continue fighting, then he can probably use his arms as a distraction if he can endure the pain, and he probably can, I'm not sure how to explain it, but Zabuza from Naruto did something similar years ago. Yes it was effective, but he ended up getting hit in the process, like a lot, he looked like a porcupine by the time it was over.
Old 2011-11-25, 05:10   Link #9416
Eratas123

@ Box - Irish only does it when he's insane and lost all sense of self preservation. To note, he purposely breaks his arm just to escape a grapple then uses the distraction to keep fighting his opponent. The lack of concern of death helps.
Old 2011-11-25, 05:20   Link #9417
HasuMasu
*Artist

It's always hard to fight someone who isn't concerned about death, that is, unless you're actually trying to kill them, then it's easier.
Old 2011-11-25, 05:24   Link #9418
Eratas123

@ Box - I'm assuming she's trying to stun him, which makes it harder since he keeps using counters that border on fatal.

In order.

Holds arms down - Breaks them to get loose.

Threatens with knife to neck - Ignores it

Sleeper hold - Tries to use Tracheactomy.

Trying to stun someone stupid enough to do this is extremely, mind crunchingly annoying.
Old 2011-11-25, 05:25   Link #9419
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

"She's skipped school again."

It was not a question, rather a statement from the lips of the grey-haired woman rubbing the bridge of her nose. She had been a principal for special all-girls schools for the past half-century, and in the recent decade the head of America's most prestigious girl's school.

MacAllister Girl's College in Providence, Rhode Island was once a prestigious girl's school. It was now focused on training developers for the Infinite Stratos exoskeleton. A technology developed only in the last ten years, it quickly became the standard worldwide. With this came a new age of gender inequality, as IS were only usable by females.

Thus institutions such as MacAllister's grew in importance. As a research and technical school, it was the best in the United states. Only the official Infinite Stratos Academy in Japan could boast better faciltiies and training. Students within their halls were the best and the brightest womankind had to offer.

Which made cases of truancy all the more reason for concern.

"What, this makes the twelfth time this month?"

"Yes ma'am." the male teacher in front of her mumbled, almost childike in the way he rsponded. It was as if he were the child being scolded, than a representative of education. "It can't be helped. You know child geniuses."

"This is the foremost institute for Infinite Stratos pilots and developers in the western world, Clyde." The grey-haired principal looked him in the eye. "I think I know geniuses when I see them."

"Right." Clyde swallowed, realizing how stupid he sounded. After all, he was a normal person talking about child geniuses. "Well, the most common reason for child geniuses to refuse going to school would be a lack of confidence."

"Why do I get the feeling that isn't problem With Angelina Stark?"

<--------------->

"You skipped school today."

There was more than a fatherly tone of disappointment in the butler's voice as he stood patiently at the entrance of the small workshop. Amid the clutter and noises of power tools, he kept a proper bearing as befitting those of his profession.

Edmund kept a stone face but inside his mind was worried sick. He knew not what a normal 14-year old girl's life would be, but it was most certainly not like this. The slender teenager was clothed only in her underwear and a greasy work shirt as she finally emerged from underneath the mass of plates and wiring.

"I have a perfect GPA for all subjects, Eddy." The teenage girl just shrugged, completely unaware of her looks as she reached over to a computer workstation. Typing through a few commands, she looked them over without sparing a glance back at her butler. "It's not like I can learn anythign new from armchair lecturers."

"Attendance has nothing to do with your grade point average, young miss." Edmund rolled his eyes despite hsi best efforts. "When a school acknowledges that they have an Angelina Maria Stark as one of their students, one is expected to actually be at said school."

"Not my full name, Eddy. Just Ange is fine--where did I put that sonic screwdriver?"

"Young Miss." Despite himself, Edmund handed her the tool she was searching for. "The school can very well fail you simply for missing attendance."

"I'll just switch schools."

Edmund shook his head. "With your genius and inheritance, I would have thought you had a better goal in life than staying home tinkering with...things."

"I HAVE a better goal in life. I'm building the best Infinite Stratos exoskeleton in existence AND piloting it." Ange frowned, trying to unlock that little micro-bolt from the odd angle she was leaning into. "Silverio Gospel, what a joke. I can build a better unit in a cave with just a box of scraps."

"Please, young miss. Put something on. It isn't proper for a girl your age to be half-naked."

"I'm not in public. It's not as if anyone other than you is going to be peeking at me."

"It is a matter of principle, young miss." Edmund looked away. The girl was at the age wherein she started developing womanly traits, and Edmund's old-fashioned upbringing could not understand why she seemed to have no shame whenever working on her projects. "I most certainly hope you would not be this lax around the opposite gender when you interact with them."

"Good point." A clatter as she threw a metallic tool over her shoulder. "I should just build myself a boyfriend. Got plenty of spare parts lying around."

"That is not what I meant, young miss."

"Oh c'mon, Eddy."

"It is Edmund, young miss. Not Ed. Not Edd. And certainly not Eddy." The butler visibly chafed, shaking his head. Although he went through every effort to educate his young charge, it was a case of nature versus nurture. Nature was winning. "I would say a few choice words about your father, but unfortunately you will simply ignore what I am instructing and go about your business."

Too late, Ange was already back under the IS chassis. "Say what, Eddy?"

"Dinner will be served at 6 o'clock today, please make sure you have washed and bathed yourself properly before then." Edmund said in his most formal tone. "I will leave leave your favorite bib and nursing bottle within easy reach, as usual."

"Yep, got it." Ange replied, not recognizing the sarcasm. "Anything else?"

"One last thing, young miss. Please remember to visit your father's grave this weekend."

There was a sudden silence, then the butler made a perfect about-face to walk away.

Edmund felt like a heel for being so petty, but it was about the only thing he could say to the girl that would make her stop and think.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 05:26   Link #9420
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Marvelous Maximillan is registered as Eurasian. It is a strange entity that catch all people's who's blood are so mixed up no true 'race' dominates. While both his parents are Eurasians too, Eurasians I know can have relatives from just about everywhere!

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest