AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2009-06-28, 17:07   Link #9561
Nindel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGuyKai View Post

Love all of them, especially the first! XD
Nindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 17:23   Link #9562
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
@ Ryus: The "you are on my feeding ground" actually seems to be a wraith queen from Stargate Atlantis, not an AB from Claymore ( the original quote from SGA 1x01/02 "Rising" actually happens to be "You are tresspassing on our feeding grounds")

Your absolutely right that is a wraith. I just thought it kinda related and was cute. (also note I thought comparing Raki with Lt. Col. Cameron Mitchell was funny, since he too wanted to join in the big boys world and fight the evil and he too took some time to become the hero the fight required. Plus he had a big sword...)

Well, in short every smilie I posted was from Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Heroes, or Babylon 5. There where tons of others on the site that would be great too so feel free to check it out: http://www.thescifiworld.net/smilies.htm

There where tons of female smilies out on the net that could be great claymore smilies... if someone could repaint them with blond hair, silver eyes, and a big sword.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
but nontheless, great idea. I'd like a smile of WIndcutter or Quicksword. Dauf shooting Rods would also be funny *g
I actually did look for smiles that would work for quick sword/windcutter but no luck...

I totally agree that Dauf shooting rods would be an awesome smilies!
Ryus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 17:24   Link #9563
Demian Dillers
Knight of Delta

Send a message via MSN to Demian Dillers
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
C'mon Ryus. I already gave my tougths on why Rigardo would not betray his comrades. It's like asking Miria to betray the Ghosts.
Anyway, read my post because I just don't feel like writing all again.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=9574
Agree :P besides they are the ones who were hunting him, if he didn't kill them, then they would still hunting him & Isley, he didn't really have much choices after all Rigardo is an Anti-Hero character, not a villain, plus he killed the girls quickly & painless

BTW I can't find the images I used for the Rigardo sig (I loss all mi information the last week) , so it will take a while, sorry D:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGuyKai View Post

This rlz :P

@haegar when I draw something and want to share it in the net or edit it I just Scan it, when I want to color something or edit it I use Photoshop, FreeHand, InDesing, Animator or Flash, depending what I want to do

About the mangakas, well they work with pencil & ink , then they scan it

BTW I'm doing some claymore coloring and I'm working in the Databook stats pages , right now I just ended the Clare's page so here is it
Spoiler for Size:

I hope you guys like it, when I finish all I will post they

Last edited by Demian Dillers; 2009-06-29 at 01:23.
Demian Dillers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 17:39   Link #9564
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demian Dillers View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
C'mon Ryus. I already gave my tougths on why Rigardo would not betray his comrades. It's like asking Miria to betray the Ghosts.
Anyway, read my post because I just don't feel like writing all again.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=9574
Agree :P besides they are the ones who were hunting him, if he didn't kill them, then they would still hunting him & Isley, he didn't really have much choices after all Rigardo is an Anti-Hero character, not a villain, plus he killed the girls quickly & painless
he killed the girls quickly & painless...

Tell that to Jean.
Ryus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 18:02   Link #9565
haegar
mangaviking

@ ryus: my appologies I kinda overread that you meant them to be examples of possible claymore smilies xD

and I didn't recognize mitchel, damn that's embarassing *g

@demian: thx for the info

databook page looks nice!!!
some ideas though: the eyes have rather a blueish tinge than silvery which I find slightly irritating since I got so used to the silver from the orig cover art.
also, the sword hilt might gain a bit if it were a bit less yellow but rather more metallic / gold/bronze like ?

Are any of the programms you mentioned freeware? I know photoshop isn't

and on another matter, follow up question:
I'm doing some art just for fun myself, mostly working with acrylic and pastels, and mostly landscapes or abstract ..
I'm a damn novice at drawing people, even in simplified comic style though - which is why I haven't dared tackle some manga style pic as of yet.

Since I don't want to resort to copying the original art to the canvas and then just color it,

If I wannted to get a "rough" overview of the techniques involved in drawing manga, like getting the basics on doing body motion, facial expressions, hair style and the likes according to genre conventions, is there any thread on the forums here where that's under discussion, or does any of you people involved in the image thread here have some helpful links to some faqs, demos, whatever to sort of get into learning how to draw manga on a very "basic beginners" level?

or would you rather say forget the theory and keep on scribbling with pencil until you slowly get results?

thx

edit: if I'm kinda disturbing the threads "less talk mor epics doctrine" forgive me, on 2nd thought I should have put this in the Q&A ... now it's here anyways though xD sry!

Last edited by haegar; 2009-06-29 at 04:08.
haegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 18:03   Link #9566
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Or Miria and Deneve. but there are some MMV that demonstrate that is wasn't quickly and painlessly..
Gangsta Spanksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 19:50   Link #9567
Xcmreo
Banned

Xcmreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 20:03   Link #9568
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Talk about a cliffhanger
Old 2009-06-28, 21:06   Link #9569
DeadGuyKai
Last of the Brunnen G

Do the dead, yeah, do the dead
Do the dead, surfin' dead
DeadGuyKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 00:19   Link #9570
Blackfyre

When something gets Rigardo up, he's as violent and bloodthirsty as any other Awakened Being-and implied to be moreso. He's an Anti-villain at best , but while he's got a sense of honor, he's still a human-eating monster.
Blackfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 01:18   Link #9571
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

anti-villain? Is there even such a concept?

Edit: guess so,
Old 2009-06-29, 01:22   Link #9572
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta View Post
anti-villain? Is there even such a concept?
I think it works like this:

A Anti-Hero - one clearly on the side of good but uses less then noble methods in pursing justice, or at least their perception of it. Claire obviously is a big example: she's a good girl, but she's not noble like Jean, or a samaritan like Cynthia. In short, the "bad boy"(or girl)

An Anti-Villain: One clearly on the side of evil, but has some sort of excuse, belief, or philosophy to justify their actions and make themselves look like they're the good guys. The Organization is the best example - their excuse is their war with the Mainland and their desperation to make an ultimate mass-production soldier. This doesn't excuse them destroying the lives of generations of men and women and being responsible for every tragedy on the island.
Shiek927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 01:41   Link #9573
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Well, most villains have some justification, I think to call someone an anti-villain you really have to feel like their motivations are almost or as good as the heroes'. I think Priscilla might have counted BEFORE she Awakened, since she genuinely wanted to protect humanity from an unambiguous threat, but most Claymore villains when you get down to it are guts-eating monsters or manipulative murderous mad scientists that no human is going to feel much sympathy for.
Old 2009-06-29, 02:01   Link #9574
Demian Dillers
Knight of Delta

Send a message via MSN to Demian Dillers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
he killed the girls quickly & painless...

Tell that to Jean.
Well Jean survived the hit, wasn't really his fault, but mmm okay, He killed they quikly and painless except Jean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
I think it works like this:

A Anti-Hero - one clearly on the side of good but uses less then noble methods in pursing justice, or at least their perception of it. Claire obviously is a big example: she's a good girl, but she's not noble like Jean, or a samaritan like Cynthia. In short, the "bad boy"(or girl)

An Anti-Villain: One clearly on the side of evil, but has some sort of excuse, belief, or philosophy to justify their actions and make themselves look like they're the good guys. The Organization is the best example - their excuse is their war with the Mainland and their desperation to make an ultimate mass-production soldier. This doesn't excuse them destroying the lives of generations of men and women and being responsible for every tragedy on the island.
Well , some friends tell me that an anti-hero and anti-villain are really the same kind of character but the difference is that an anti-hero is a protagonist while an anti-villain is an antagonist , anyway after all Rigardo is really an anti-villain

Well maybe a repost but...
Spoiler for The usual:

And...
Spoiler for Rigardo (?):

Last edited by Demian Dillers; 2009-06-29 at 14:40.
Demian Dillers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 04:13   Link #9575
haegar
mangaviking

The theresa clare pic rockz. Rigaldo in blue is also pretty damn good.

The (spoiler for Rigaldo?) does look somehow off though. His ribcage is way to broad. YUUK. xD
Old 2009-06-29, 05:43   Link #9576
DeadGuyKai
Last of the Brunnen G

Do the dead, yeah, do the dead
Do the dead, surfin' dead
DeadGuyKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 07:06   Link #9577
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
but most Claymore villains when you get down to it are guts-eating monsters or manipulative murderous mad scientists that no human is going to feel much sympathy for.
If you really think that, you have not been paying enough attention.
Ophelia seemed like a psycho Claymore who just like to chopp people for fun. In the end, it turned out that her brother had been eaten in front of her eyes by Priscilla and she reedemed herserlf before dying.
Priscilla is a good example, too. And of course, Isley.
Even Luciela had a sad backstory that justified her actions.

Claymore is all about "What it is to be a human and what it is to be a monster?"
And we have seen cases where the true monster were the humans and not the "guts-eating monsters".
Old 2009-06-29, 09:42   Link #9578
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Dunno, if a categorize Priscilla as an AntiVillain. She is more the Greek Tragic Hero type. Also a Anti-Hero does not have to be on the side of good. They can be more neutral, or even the mercenary type that does their job for pay, and may even do an evil job along the line. It is just that the Anti-Hero is the protagonist that the reader follow, despite his character not being the perfect alter boy. Anti-Villain, I don't know, some of those definitions seem to describe the average Nazi Soldier who was just doing their jobs, according to them. Rigaldo being an Antivillain? I still don't know. The argument that he was just doing his job in a war against the humans is bull. First of the war was all about conquest to begin with, and he had to have known about the genocide of the North. I don't think the org started the war, it was Isley. Sure Rigaldo didn't know Isley's true goals, but he is far from being non-evil and having a good reason to be a general. People confuse charisma as one of the qualties of making an anti-villain.
Old 2009-06-29, 10:36   Link #9579
Blackfyre

I actually doubt Rigardo wasn't aware of Isley's true goals and would have been easily sacrificed. He had been by Isley's side for, what, 500 years? He also knew all about the true story of Priscilla. Even then, though, Rigardo isn't exactly the most sympathetic villain around...he's likable, efficient and interesting, but like I said, anti-villain at best and that's stretching a bit
Blackfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 10:40   Link #9580
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfyre View Post
He had been by Isley's side for, what, 500 years?
Ok, now that's false. Miria said that the Org started their experiments one century ago, so, Isley is at best 100 years old and that's already stretching it.

Tags
images