Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2016-02-15, 17:03   Link #941
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Not necessarily. Look at all that Shenron or Porunga can do. I wouldn't call Kami/Dende/Guru/Muri especially powerful in any regard.
With the revelation that those Dragon Balls were made from small pieces of the Super Dragon Balls, their strength is not relevant. If anything all they were doing is using their magic to make the balls, but the source of the power has never been from them.

By the way, I like this particular addition to the "lore" of the Dragon Balls. It never made sense to me that the Namekians you mentioned had the ability to create wish granting dragons. Rather, I think the new implication is the Dragon clan learned how to harness some portion of the Super Dragon Balls' powers, and their proficiency in harnessing the power is what limits the abilities of Shenron and Porunga.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-15, 19:27   Link #942
DeathAngelBR
Yuri addict

Good grief, all that QUALITY. Good thing I just fast forward the damn episodes.
DeathAngelBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-16, 04:35   Link #943
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Yeah, but the god aspect wasn't the crux of my assumption so much as another factor. So far the strongest known characters on the show all use god ki, so that's what I was pointing to. The Super Dragon balls can grant any wish, and Beerus even floated the idea of destroying the universe with them. The being who created them had to have some sort of power behind him to create something like that.
Don't forget about Golden Frieza
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-16, 10:36   Link #944
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
East kaioshin was so worthless; I hated him as a kid for being so cocky and full of hot air yet failing to deliver anything and being so ignorant of what he was dealing with and working with. He just freaked out at small fries. Some God huh.

I suppose Buu traumatized him, but he was pretty much mostly hot air except when he used his teleports.
The worst part about him is that he was hyped as hell. Piccolo completely shat his pants when he found out his identity and gave up on even fighting him, stating the gap was too huge if I recall. And yep, the gap was huge alright - Piccolo could have obliterated him in a second. I have no idea what Toriyama intended to do with him.
Old 2016-02-16, 10:45   Link #945
GDB

Piccolo had Kami in him, so he was aware of who it was. He couldn't gauge his power level, so he only had his position to go off of. It was a respect thing more than anything else, though he clearly thought Kaioshin would be more powerful than he ended up being.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-17, 10:01   Link #946
Hakai

Spoiler for new chapter:
Old 2016-02-17, 11:30   Link #947
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake-Carrot View Post
Spoiler for new chapter:
Spoiler:

Going by the titles of the next few episodes, the anime will have overtaken the manga in two to three weeks.
Old 2016-02-17, 11:41   Link #948
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler:

Going by the titles of the next few episodes, the anime will have overtaken the manga in two to three weeks.
Spoiler:
Old 2016-02-17, 15:06   Link #949
Archon_Wing
Did nothing wrong
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The worst part about him is that he was hyped as hell. Piccolo completely shat his pants when he found out his identity and gave up on even fighting him, stating the gap was too huge if I recall. And yep, the gap was huge alright - Piccolo could have obliterated him in a second. I have no idea what Toriyama intended to do with him.
Yep, basically the mystery wasn't that much.

It's been said the Kaioshins can one shot Freeza, but I'm wondering if that applied to him or the ones that died. In any case, he spent most of Buu Saga with his mouth open and I don't think he even warned them about Buu's abilties like detaching and absorbing despite seeing Grand Kai get killed like that-- I think Gohan could have used that.

I thought of poor Yamcha
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

And that's why you got dumped Jaco.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2016-02-17 at 15:18.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-17, 16:58   Link #950
ImperialKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Yep, basically the mystery wasn't that much.

It's been said the Kaioshins can one shot Freeza, but I'm wondering if that applied to him or the ones that died. In any case, he spent most of Buu Saga with his mouth open and I don't think he even warned them about Buu's abilties like detaching and absorbing despite seeing Grand Kai get killed like that-- I think Gohan could have used that.
That's what I've always wondered.

For someone who's suppose to be "God" and Protector of Life they're pathetically weak compared to all of the other guys running around.

I mean you got a god Of Destruction who's job is to destroy planets to make room for other planets to grow but then shouldn't there be a God Of Life who's equally was powerful?
ImperialKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-18, 15:59   Link #951
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialKnight View Post
That's what I've always wondered.

For someone who's suppose to be "God" and Protector of Life they're pathetically weak compared to all of the other guys running around.

I mean you got a god Of Destruction who's job is to destroy planets to make room for other planets to grow but then shouldn't there be a God Of Life who's equally was powerful?
I think Whis and Vados are really running the show in their respective universes. The Kaioshins can be weak so long as the real "gods" can restrain the cat bros from going overboard. Though I wonder what would happen had there been no one to stop Kid Buu's rampage, would Whis have eventually stepped in? I'm leaning towards yes due to food and that he does seem to have some sort of morality.

It's a quintessential Japanese power structure: the real boss doesn't take on the title of god (Emperor), but lets someone else do it for him. Though you'd obviously never call Beerus a puppet.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-18, 23:36   Link #952
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

https://youtu.be/WT2mWw87HAw?t=2m incase people were still crying about quality
Old 2016-02-21, 02:22   Link #953
Hakai

HAHAHAHAHAHAH
Spoiler:
Old 2016-02-21, 05:41   Link #954
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake-Carrot View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAH
Spoiler:
Dragon Ball Super was worth it just for this moment
Old 2016-02-21, 06:20   Link #955
n0m@n
C-Z

I never knew Saiyains could grow faicial hair...
I would love to see them turn into a super saiayn with those beard. Golden beard and shiny blue beard...
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-21, 08:55   Link #956
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
I never knew Saiyains could grow faicial hair...
I would love to see them turn into a super saiayn with those beard. Golden beard and shiny blue beard...
What, you think Nappa was born with his beard?
Old 2016-02-21, 09:01   Link #957
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
What, you think Nappa was born with his beard?
She may forgot, like me I am forgot Nappa about Nappa facial hair except i know he is baldy for sure
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-21, 11:58   Link #958
alex_drian

mmmh, I don't know, when the anime is ahead of the manga is a bad signal, also the changes and the quality bothers me
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-21, 12:01   Link #959
grecefar

it seems they are going to show more fight here than the manga. It sad to see goku to act so childish, I yeah he acts like that a lot but is getting really bad.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-21, 14:52   Link #960
justavisitor

I thought super was never based on the manga to begin with anyway. Anime is the main course here and manga is to help the promotion? Anyway it's definitely not like dragonball z, a manga story got adapted into anime
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, dragon ball z, shounen, super powers, tragedy