AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2008-11-05, 17:05   Link #941
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero00 View Post
so when is the full novel coming out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudy View Post
The prologue of the final novel is being serialized in this month's Dragon Magazine, which is already out in stores.
I guess you have to wait till Dragon Magazine finishes the serialization and then, the full novel will be coming out.

Last edited by Deadwings; 2008-11-05 at 20:16. Reason: spelling...
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 19:25   Link #942
Subzero00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadwings View Post
I guess you have to wait till Dragon Magazine finishes the serialization and then, the full novel we'll be coming out.
how long does that usally take
Subzero00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 07:40   Link #943
Miles Teg

Quote:
how long does that usally take
The other novel have been released in 8 to 11 parts, 1 part a month, so more or less one full year of serialization and after that 3 to 6 month for the novel to be published.

NOT is an exception because the novel has been directly released without prior serialization.

HunterSeeker last info say that the prologue or 1st chapter of the next novel will be released in the Dragon Mag at the end of the month and the full novel in February (one year after NOT).

The spring 2009 series of Kyoto Animation will be Munto, so probably Haruhi 2 for autumn 2009.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...t-new-tv-anime

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=73858
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 20:43   Link #944
Subzero00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
The other novel have been released in 8 to 11 parts, 1 part a month, so more or less one full year of serialization and after that 3 to 6 month for the novel to be published.

NOT is an exception because the novel has been directly released without prior serialization.

HunterSeeker last info say that the prologue or 1st chapter of the next novel will be released in the Dragon Mag at the end of the month and the full novel in February (one year after NOT).

The spring 2009 series of Kyoto Animation will be Munto, so probably Haruhi 2 for autumn 2009.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...t-new-tv-anime

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=73858
Thanks for that, really hope they finally make the anime after this last novel
Old 2008-11-07, 23:02   Link #945
Garetjx

Quote:
Thanks for that, really hope they finally make the anime after this last novel
Yea, but didnt they just start Munto now? and I heard that they're dedicating everyone in the company to this new project. That means no FMP for at least half a year right? If that happens, geez...definitely not good for FMP.
Garetjx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 02:48   Link #946
SkoolRumble4Ya

Fall 09 it's either gonna be Haruhi 2, FMP, or Lil Busters.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 16:55   Link #947
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂

I still don't get it, how come an anime as unique as Full Metal Panic doesn't isn't being animated as soon as there's material to work with. There are lots of novels that haven't been animated, I just don't get it!
PNGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 18:00   Link #948
Subzero00

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNGO View Post
I still don't get it, how come an anime as unique as Full Metal Panic doesn't isn't being animated as soon as there's material to work with. There are lots of novels that haven't been animated, I just don't get it!
The reason is all the novels remaining end in cliffhangers. They are waiting for the last novel to finish so they have a proper ending
Old 2008-11-21, 20:00   Link #949
Devouree
Promoted at last :)

Well, I wish Gatoh would get on with finishing the last novel, because NOT wasn't as impressive as it's many pages would suggest... and I can't wait for more FMP anime!!

And even though it seems like common knowledge around here that Kyoto will animate another season once the (main) storyline ends, can anyone actually confirm it for me (so I don't get my hopes up on a rumour :P)? Thanks.
Devouree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 22:25   Link #950
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂

Quote:
The reason is all the novels remaining end in cliffhangers. They are waiting for the last novel to finish so they have a proper ending
I seriously doubt they will animate all those novels in one season. They could at least start with "A Dancing Very Merry Christmas" novel, it even has a nice ending, if I remember correctly. They can make at least 3 seasons with all the material they got.
PNGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 23:24   Link #951
acr429

50 episode series maybe. dont know what it takes to have fmp be 50 episodes like eureka7, but it be nice if they could do it like that.

I was just thinking about this.
in fmp first season and tsr the story line is not as dark as it seems in the later novels. after watching RahXephon, Xam'd: Lost Memories, and Eureka 7. I kind of wish Bones would get the opportunity to do the animation of the later novels for FMP. I know the 3 series have nothing in common with FMP (FMP is unique), but after watching those 3 series I got the feeling that fmp shares a lot in common (action/romance/drama). nothing in the story line.
so yeah maybe Bones can pick up the rights by some miracle.

in the end I just want the animation to get done RIGHT.
here is to hoping for a 50 episode series
acr429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 02:30   Link #952
SkoolRumble4Ya

Yeah I'm just hoping any good studio will take up on Fmp.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 08:54   Link #953
Subzero00

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNGO View Post
I seriously doubt they will animate all those novels in one season. They could at least start with "A Dancing Very Merry Christmas" novel, it even has a nice ending, if I remember correctly. They can make at least 3 seasons with all the material they got.
Full metal panic isn't as popular as kyoto animations other projects so i think its a real possibility that they'll end it in one go so they don't have to come back to it
Old 2008-11-22, 14:30   Link #954
LeoXiao
思想工作

then they should "end it in one go" meaning 50+ episodes. That would be awesome.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 02:38   Link #955
Eak
One angry cloud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
then they should "end it in one go" meaning 50+ episodes. That would be awesome.
I wish. Haha
Eak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 09:12   Link #956
Kimitachi

I want more FMP anime!! i would like it to be + than just only 12 episodes...it would be nice +50 episodes as you said
Kimitachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 10:32   Link #957
Crisano

I rather the new season of FMP! not be over 24 episodes because then the animation and character designs of the show will likely be sporadic in terms of quality. Likewise, if Kyoto Animation is animating the new season, I doubt they would go over 24 episodes since they have not done a show over 24 episodes yet (Clannad does not count since Clannad After Story is a new 'season'). While that is not a good point, I really doubt 50 episodes would be possible if Kyoto Animation is animating the new season, but who knows. Maybe it will happen.
Crisano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 11:21   Link #958
Frostbitten

+50 episodes is too much in my opinion, 15-20 is better amount. Like Crisano stated above, the characters would be sporadic and we don't want to see that, eh?
Frostbitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 11:36   Link #959
gencbiba

Been waiting for many years... I'll be happy when there's finally an end to this. Hope all the novels gets translated though. I can't find many in the stores here.

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 11:46   Link #960
Subzero00

There's to much material, Its impossible to end it in 20 ish episodes unless they cut alot out which they can't as only imporant parts are left

Tags
there is a god!