AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka LN - Steeplechase Chapter (Volume 13) Rating
Perfect 10 13 20.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 20.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 26.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 17.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.17%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.17%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.59%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-04-18, 12:22   Link #941
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
And good for her!
I'm kind of sad no one commented on my half and half theory.

I think it'd be interesting if Tatsuya's emotional condition isn't as stunted as we believe. Keeping in mind that, most of the information we've received on it was from Tatsuya's own narration.
What if he's not as a reliable Narrator as we/he thinks he is?

If his stunted emotions are 1 part due to the experiment, and another part due to his conditioning and training as a Guardian with a childhood of being treated like a tool, maybe he can develop more than we thought he could.

I'm really curious if the next arc really is an ancient magic arc. That's still something we have relatively little information on as a whole.
unfortunately not and it shows in volume 1. Mari was being a bit flirtatious and Tatsuya mentions grow sexual excitement for a moment before it is converted to nothing but data in his mind. That is the effect of Miya's magic.
Old 2014-04-18, 12:56   Link #942
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
unfortunately not and it shows in volume 1. Mari was being a bit flirtatious and Tatsuya mentions grow sexual excitement for a moment before it is converted to nothing but data in his mind. That is the effect of Miya's magic.
U mean the ancient City insurrection? depends if they get to fight the the black sage and his GAA stooges then yes we might see ancient magic in action.The GAA are active practitioners of ancient magic.

I hope we get the biggest badest battle so far
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 14:52   Link #943
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Guys, please try to stay on topic (volume 13). Remember that this is not a general thread.
Old 2014-04-18, 16:15   Link #944
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Guys, please try to stay on topic (volume 13). Remember that this is not a general thread.
we will try!!!

what do you guys think kuroba family head will think of tatsuya when will change his life even through its not his job and regrow his arm which again is not covered in his job description.
I bet his gonna be like WHAT THE FACK JUST HAPPENED.
Also i think this will change his opinion he has of tatsuya, maybe enough to start asking question about his abilities? to see how a guardian can use such insane magic?
By all intents and purposes regrowth is an insane magic
Old 2014-04-18, 16:21   Link #945
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post
we will try!!!

what do you guys think kuroba family head will think of tatsuya when will change his life even through its not his job and regrow his arm which again is not covered in his job description.
I bet his gonna be like WHAT THE FACK JUST HAPPENED.
Also i think this will change his opinion he has of tatsuya, maybe enough to start asking question about his abilities? to see how a guardian can use such insane magic?
By all intents and purposes regrowth is an insane magic
I hope that this will be a turning point for Kuroba. It's my hope that he may become a future ally.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 16:32   Link #946
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
I hope that this will be a turning point for Kuroba. It's my hope that he may become a future ally.
i agree with ya. I mean yeah he might be some powerful magician but he was about to bite the dust if tatsuya didn`t come to save his skin not to mention give his arm back.

Since the spoilers only said about their escape from Zhou i assume there was some battle before the rescue and during the escape
If that is true kuroba might've seen his decomposition at work as well.

I wonder what his reaction will be if he indeed saw both decomposition and regrowth.

Not to mention what will he think that a tats got in kicked some ass and get out with him when he as an yotsuba magician could not do.
I mean yeah guardians are meant to be strong but not stronger then the masters.

If this evens will take place in volume 13 will kuroba start asking why such a powerful and capable magician that was born an yotsuba was a guardian?
Old 2014-04-18, 16:37   Link #947
BW95
Banned

Quote:
i agree with ya. I mean yeah he might be some powerful magician but he was about to bite the dust if tatsuya didn`t come to save his skin not to mention give his arm back.

Since the spoilers only said about their escape from Zhou i assume there was some battle before the rescue and during the escape
If that is true kuroba might've seen his decomposition at work as well.

I wonder what his reaction will be if he indeed saw both decomposition and regrowth.

Not to mention what will he think that a tats got in kicked some ass and get out with him when he as an yotsuba magician could not do.
I mean yeah guardians are meant to be strong but not stronger then the masters.

If this evens will take place in volume 13 will kuroba start asking why such a powerful and capable magician that was born an yotsuba was a guardian?
Well, actually breaking an arm isn't that big a deal thanks to cloning technology.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 16:43   Link #948
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Well, actually breaking an arm isn't that big a deal thanks to cloning technology.
i don`t think this was about a broken arm but something more like lost an arm. And yes it wouldn't be a big deal to cloning technology.
But growing the arm operation to transplant it recuperation, reabilitation etc that would`ve put kuroba out for a good chunk of time.
Old 2014-04-18, 16:47   Link #949
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
The spoiler said Kuroba lost an arm and Tatsuya restored it.
Point is Kuroba would have most likely bled to death due to loss of arm if it wasn't for Tatsuya's Regrowth regardless of whether the arm could be cloned or not.
Old 2014-04-18, 16:53   Link #950
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
The spoiler said Kuroba lost an arm and Tatsuya restored it.
Point is Kuroba would have most likely bled to death due to loss of arm if it wasn't for Tatsuya's Regrowth regardless of whether the arm could be cloned or not.
if he can`t appreciate that, his a bigger horses rear then i think he is.
Old 2014-04-18, 17:30   Link #951
niffum

So much dislike for Mitsugu. Am I the only one who actually likes him?
niffum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 17:43   Link #952
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by niffum View Post
I don't hate him but I don't particularly like him either. I love his children though .

Maybe Mitsugu will be grateful but his POV about Tatsuya's magic is unlikely to change. That butler in vol 3 called Tatsuya a fake magician, meaning that he knows Tatsuya was originally unable to rewrite reality, if even a butler knows taht then I don't see why a big shot Mitsugu would not know. I guess the only thing they don't know about his magics are that he is able to use Material Burst. If his Decomposition magic was a secret, Tatsuya would have probably done nothing to help him.

EDIT: He even knows about Tatsuya's emotional condition . So his abilities are hardly a secret in the clan, but he is born unable to rewrite reality and is hated for this reason. Minami for example, is not hated(or doesn't seem to), despite her status of guardian, Honami was not hated too.

Last edited by Echizen777; 2014-04-18 at 17:56.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 18:06   Link #953
Lazy cat

if he don't know about tats powers he migth become a little woried about fumiya position when he discover the true power of lord shiba and that he will give suport to miyuki.
Lazy cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 18:23   Link #954
Awrya
U mad?

From Vol.8, it seems that his abilities of decomposition of Eidos and reconstruction of Information Bodies were open secrets, but it's very likely that after the invasion the highest form of decomposition, Material Burst, was only known by Maya and a select few of her aides, e.g. Hayama.
After the discovery of Regrowth, members might have known about it since Sayuri knew that Tatsuya may be able to replicate the magatama using his magic (decompose to analyse components and restoration of object for further analysis). It's possible that members only knew that he can restore in inanimate objects and not blood and flesh.

Edit: Even if Kuroba didn't knew about Regrowth, it all depends on the order Maya gave Tatsuya.
If she said "Assist Kuroba in his investigation, if not possible, rescue and retreat with him.", Tatsuya would use Regrowth as first aid and then retreat.

Last edited by Awrya; 2014-04-18 at 18:33.
Awrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 18:45   Link #955
Diocar

Guys you are missing a key point.
Is tatsuya or batsuya that restores the arm? If it is batsuya nothing will change besides the kuroba finding that the mashevara is fighting terrorists these days. If it is tatsuya he will find out that he is mashevara and all that it implies...wich is decomposition magic and 101 batallion and the participation in the war etc.... (Regrowth is a pretty unique magic that only mashevara has).

and from what i remember the kuroba twins go with tats, so who knows what anyone will find out....
Diocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 19:28   Link #956
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
I don't hate him but I don't particularly like him either. I love his children though .

Maybe Mitsugu will be grateful but his POV about Tatsuya's magic is unlikely to change. That butler in vol 3 called Tatsuya a fake magician, meaning that he knows Tatsuya was originally unable to rewrite reality, if even a butler knows taht then I don't see why a big shot Mitsugu would not know. I guess the only thing they don't know about his magics are that he is able to use Material Burst. If his Decomposition magic was a secret, Tatsuya would have probably done nothing to help him.

EDIT: He even knows about Tatsuya's emotional condition . So his abilities are hardly a secret in the clan, but he is born unable to rewrite reality and is hated for this reason. Minami for example, is not hated(or doesn't seem to), despite her status of guardian, Honami was not hated too.
The butler called him a fake magician because he can`t use normal magic, That does not imply he knows about decomposition or regrowth.
Actually it was said that besides Maya and hayama that know the whole package, very few people in yotsuba know about tatsuya true abilities, let alone that he is an SC or taurus silver for that matter.

And who says decomposition doesn`t rewrite reality, the fact that u can decompose an object means you rewrite reality in which that object is no more.
He is not considered a magician because his magic does not alter or change the eidos.

And yeah his POV about his magic might not change but the way he treats him will.
Old 2014-04-18, 21:55   Link #957
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by niffum View Post
I like him, Maya, and Hayama.
Most people hate them because they stick to the magic system.

I think its difficult to change the magic system, since everyone in Japan adopt the same system especially the 10 Master Clan system.

That's why Lina suggest tatsuya to go to USNA where they will treat him better than Japan.
hakazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 21:58   Link #958
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
I like him, Maya, and Hayama.
Most people hate them because they stick to the magic system.

I think its difficult to change the magic system, since everyone in Japan adopt the same system especially the 10 Master Clan system.

That's why Lina suggest tatsuya to go to USNA where they will treat him better than Japan.
but there is catch though ._. i got a feeling that if they get tatsuya they will experiment him
Old 2014-04-19, 00:20   Link #959
Echizen777

Quote:
The butler called him a fake magician because he can`t use normal magic, That does not imply he knows about decomposition or regrowth.
Actually it was said that besides Maya and hayama that know the whole package, very few people in yotsuba know about tatsuya true abilities, let alone that he is an SC or taurus silver for that matter.

And who says decomposition doesn`t rewrite reality, the fact that u can decompose an object means you rewrite reality in which that object is no more.
He is not considered a magician because his magic does not alter or change the eidos.

And yeah his POV about his magic might not change but the way he treats him will.
So, how do you explain that he knows Tatsuya can't fully express his emotions? If he knows tatsuya managed to go to a magic school despite not being able to use magic initially, it means he knows about his normal abilities, which are not normal magic. His abilities are not a secret in the clan, even the 101 batallion know about it. The Yotsuba want him to hide Flash Cast, not the batallion. But they never said something about his innate magics, only the batallion wanted him to hide it.
Find that quote stating that only Maya and Hayama know his ability.

Decomposition doesn't rewrite reality, it alters it by breaking down the information body.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 00:43   Link #960
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
So, how do you explain that he knows Tatsuya can't fully express his emotions? If he knows tatsuya managed to go to a magic school despite not being able to use magic initially, it means he knows about his normal abilities, which are not normal magic. His abilities are not a secret in the clan, even the 101 batallion know about it. The Yotsuba want him to hide Flash Cast, not the batallion. But they never said something about his innate magics, only the batallion wanted him to hide it.
Find that quote stating that only Maya and Hayama know his ability.

Decomposition doesn't rewrite reality, it alters it by breaking down the information body.
Volume 09

The majority of those working for the Yotsuba Family were aware that Tatsuya was Maya’s nephew. At the same time, they also knew that Tatsuya served as nothing more than a tool. –Except, only a select minority had access to the information that he was being utilized as a weapon.

Means very few knew Tatsuya has Lethal magic.
hakazee is offline   Reply With Quote