Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-19, 08:50   Link #9581
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baixinho View Post
Well, I'm really thinking this is just some drama build-up. If the show is to have a bitter end, it will most probably be because the main protagonist(s) will meet a tragic end (which seems very likey right now actually), but I don't think they will add a tragic ending for the secondary characters on top of that. Some may have (Viletta/Ougi? Todo/Chiba? Cornelia? Nunnally? Kallen?), but I think most of the secondary cast will live happily thanks to what Lelouch achieved. It will be his way to atone for what he did.

Of course I could be wrong on this.
Take into account that at best, Cornelia's bleeding to death, Ougi's between a rock and a hard place, Chiba will probably get offed next episode, and that Nunnally's the enemy that Lelouch must defeat along with Schneizel.
Old 2008-09-19, 08:58   Link #9582
Baixinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Take into account that at best, Cornelia's bleeding to death, Ougi's between a rock and a hard place, Chiba will probably get offed next episode, and that Nunnally's the enemy that Lelouch must defeat along with Schneizel.
Well, I agree for Cornelia, but I'm not sure Ougi will die, seeing how he didn't in ep 23 when it was the best time for him to do so, and I would think that Toudo is more likely to be offed than Chiba.
And Nunnally will most probably not be killed by Lelouch. I mean, it's for her happiness he's done all this, it would feel quite anti-climatic if he offs her
I can see her mourning her brother's death while ultimately understanding him in the epilogue though.
Old 2008-09-19, 09:00   Link #9583
Dream_Traveller
Banned

If Lelouch dies. Which, admittedly, is likely.

And don't you find it funny that it's the Swords that have died one by one recently, and not Toudou?
Old 2008-09-19, 09:01   Link #9584
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Well, I agree for Cornelia, but I'm not sure Ougi will die, seeing how he didn't in ep 23 when it was the best time for him to do so, and I would think that Toudo is more likely to be offed than Chiba.
And Nunnally will most probably not be killed by Lelouch. I mean, it's for her happiness he's done all this, it would feel quite anti-climatic if he offs her
I can see her mourning her brother's death while ultimately understanding him in the epilogue though.
But will SHE be able to live with herself after firing a FLEIA? Doubtful. So if she lives and Lelouch is either dead or gone, she will be forever miserable. Kallen, same with her, I think Ougi may die too leaving Villetta alone with a kid, who knows what will happen to Suzaku and C.C. (probably something bad) and either Toudou or Chiba (if not both) may die too. Things are going to be... depressing to say the least.
Old 2008-09-19, 09:03   Link #9585
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Hell, the only safe women are Anya, because she's inside a flying tank, and Milly...because she's got nothing to do with all of this.
Old 2008-09-19, 09:05   Link #9586
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi
If Lelouch dies, I think he will ask Suzaku to take care of Nunnaly after the war... (IF Nunnaly survives, of course....)
Old 2008-09-19, 09:05   Link #9587
Orga777

Quote:
Hell, the only safe women are Anya, because she's inside a flying tank, and Milly...because she's got nothing to do with all of this.
That flying tank may not matter if it gets involved in a fight with Suzaku's Albion... Gino better be worried too. Just hand out death cards now. XD
Old 2008-09-19, 09:06   Link #9588
Shuuda
Sniped.

Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Quote:
Isn't Cecile protected by the kitty shield?
Old 2008-09-19, 09:06   Link #9589
Dandylion
Banned

Quote:
Speaking of which where is she and Rivalz its like they disappeared in last episode, probably stay to repopulate the planet if more nkes are heading there way
Old 2008-09-19, 09:07   Link #9590
Dandylion
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
That flying tank may not matter if it gets involved in a fight with Suzaku's Albion... Gino better be worried too. Just hand out death cards now. XD
Why do you think he's battling Lelouch instead
Old 2008-09-19, 09:07   Link #9591
Baixinho

Quote:
But will SHE be able to live with herself after firing a FLEIA? Doubtful. So if she lives and Lelouch is either dead or gone, she will be forever miserable. Kallen, same with her, I think Ougi may die too leaving Villetta alone with a kid, who knows what will happen to Suzaku and C.C. (probably something bad) and either Toudou or Chiba (if not both) may die too. Things are going to be... depressing to say the least.
Yeah I agree that for all these character things are not looking good. I pretty much agree with all that you said.
But the other characters will imo have a good ending, and will be shown in a happy light, so that the viewers will get the feeling that all of this pain the main characters went through was not wasted and ended up bringing a kind of happiness to the rest of the world.
Well, that's my 2 cents at least
Old 2008-09-19, 09:09   Link #9592
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:
Anya has the near-impenetrable particle shields of the Mordred on her side...and if things mess up, she can always eject to get the hell out of dodge.
Old 2008-09-19, 09:10   Link #9593
Orga777

Quote:
Yeah I agree that for all these character things are not looking good. I pretty much agree with all that you said.
But the other characters will imo have a good ending, and will be shown in a happy light, so that the viewers will get the feeling that all of this pain the main characters went through was not wasted and ended up bringing a kind of happiness to the rest of the world.
Well, that's my 2 cents at least
Yeah, but will that not still leave an empty feeling in your gut? When the main cast (the characters we see the most) suffer at the end of all this it is like "Well damn..."

People will be happy I am sure, but all of this bad stuff? I would enjoy it though. Tragedies are awesome if done right. XD

Quote:
Anya has the near-impenetrable particle shields of the Mordred on her side...and if things mess up, she can always eject to get the hell out of dodge.
Do you think that matters against something like Albion?
And even if she can eject, that is assuming Suzaku lets her. He isn't exactly Mr. Nice Guy anymore. He gave Gino his one shot, but this is a final battle now, he isn't going to give anyone else a chance now.
Old 2008-09-19, 09:11   Link #9594
Dandylion
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, but will that not still leave an empty feeling in your gut? When the main cast (the characters we see the most) suffer at the end of all this it is like "Well damn..."

People will be happy I am sure, but all of this bad stuff? I would enjoy it though. Tragedies are awesome if done right. XD
I got a perfect movie for you then Ideon: To Be Invoked
Old 2008-09-19, 09:11   Link #9595
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
They don'y help though if its attacked from behind like EP 12&20 showed.
Old 2008-09-19, 09:12   Link #9596
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandylion View Post
I got a perfect movie for you then Ideon: To Be Invoked
Oh, god, that. Even Tomino was taken aback at how the hell he managed to make it so depressing.
Old 2008-09-19, 09:12   Link #9597
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiter View Post
And I'm saying that all those events could have been for her to get over Lelouch at some point to be able to move forward and to grow as a person. There's no necessity for her to get any resolution with Lelouch anymore if the events were for her to grow.
There's no must that would make the developments pointless, if it weren't to happen. Simple as that, I'll just rest my case.
You'r assuming that if she has been close to Lelouch for all the season, those events must work for distant goal that is involvves Lelouch, which is simply false.
Take it however you want, the fact is that the events could exist for something different from your desire, and it won't make those developments into waste.
Wow what a spectacular way of misunderstanding...

Lets go over this in point form.

- season one we have her in her fangirl mode over Zero and then subsequent disillusionment of her imagined figure when she found out Lelouch was Zero

- R2 saw various scenes where she has attempted to get to know Lelouch as a person and grow to not look at Lelouch and Zero separately but as a single person

- that Zero is a mask for the person that is Lelouch.

- among the developments is her questioning who Lelouch really is, what is his real self and is shown by her interest in the stories about Lelouch from Nunally

- Black Knight betrayal and Lelouch's subsequent mask of being a douche and then telling her to live one once again left doubt as to who he really is

- which lead us into next episode about her needing closure which she never got and seeing Lelouch on international television with Suzaku taking over Britannia

- in their uninterrupted meeting she once again voiced her question of what his goal is and why did he tell her to live and what she means to him

- once again she did not receive an answer and the two seemingly say their farewells

- Lelouch once again pulls off being a douche internationally in a spectacular way and Kallen tried to force a confrontation with her Gurren and Li held her back because every world leader would be killed if Kallen jumped the gun

- last episode we had Kallen rushing forward and being reprimanded by Li again for breaking ranks in her haste to go after Lelouch

Now to me it does not indicate that Kallen is even over Lelouch at all. Not to mention a good deal of her development has been her trying, note the trying, to understand Lelouch and not failing just shy of the goal at a crucial moment. If she does not atleast get that then yes it would be a waste of time bringing her this far because the time would have been better spent on something else. For example, Ragnarok and Marianne. And also I did not even say a word they had to end up together, I'd like that but that is not necessary for her to get some kind of resolution.
Old 2008-09-19, 09:15   Link #9598
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Wow what a spectacular way of misunderstanding...

Lets go over this in point form.

- season one we have her in her fangirl mode over Zero and then subsequent disillusionment of her imagined figure when she found out Lelouch was Zero

- R2 saw various scenes where she has attempted to get to know Lelouch as a person and grow to not look at Lelouch and Zero separately but as a single person

- that Zero is a mask for the person that is Lelouch.

- among the developments is her questioning who Lelouch really is, what is his real self and is shown by her interest in the stories about Lelouch from Nunally

- Black Knight betrayal and Lelouch's subsequent mask of being a douche and then telling her to live one once again left doubt as to who he really is

- which lead us into next episode about her needing closure which she never got and seeing Lelouch on international television with Suzaku taking over Britannia

- in their uninterrupted meeting she once again voiced her question of what his goal is and why did he tell her to live and what she means to him

- once again she did not receive an answer and the two seemingly say their farewells

- Lelouch once again pulls off being a douche internationally in a spectacular way and Kallen tried to force a confrontation with her Gurren and Li held her back because every world leader would be killed if Kallen jumped the gun

- last episode we had Kallen rushing forward and being reprimanded by Li again for breaking ranks in her haste to go after Lelouch

Now to me it does not indicate that Kallen is even over Lelouch at all. Not to mention a good deal of her development has been her trying, note the trying, to understand Lelouch and not failing just shy of the goal at a crucial moment. If she does not atleast get that then yes it would be a waste of time bringing her this far because the time would have been better spent on something else. For example, Ragnarok and Marianne. And also I did not even say a word they had to end up together, I'd like that but that is not necessary for her to get some kind of resolution.
Approved. This is exactly how I feel on the matter.
Old 2008-09-19, 09:16   Link #9599
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:

Do you think that matters against something like Albion?
And even if she can eject, that is assuming Suzaku lets her. He isn't exactly Mr. Nice Guy anymore. He gave Gino his one shot, but this is a final battle now, he isn't going to give anyone else a chance now.
Well...one can hope...

But...eh. Might as well say everyone's gonna die. We'll see in two days.
Old 2008-09-19, 09:17   Link #9600
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
You know, perhaps my optimism is misplaced but the recent depressing note and character deaths could be one giant red herring and Taniguchi decides to throw us a happy ending. Although seriously it still weirds me out how Nunally seems to have reverted to the naive girl she was portrayed way back in season one rather then the stronger girl she was in R2. I am still bitter about that and it just left a bad taste in my mouth.
Closed Thread

Tags
spoilers