AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-26, 09:18   Link #9741
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: Mistaken understanding then

But with PIC always on, moves that use momentum as the move itself or to carry you through become unusable right?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 09:18   Link #9742
Eratas123

@ Stratos - Gives me a reason for him to be there for future drafts!

@ demino_hellsin - Which is lampshaded by all the male protags soon after the event starts. The segregation is bad and this event, no matter how lighthearted, shows one of the negative effects of this taking place. Besides, they can probably call relatives if they're desperate

@ Zero - IS academy only has 350 - 400 students so all of them will be involved from 1st to 3rd year.

Side note - I was tempted to subvert this in my usual dickish manner and have something attack them. The cast taking out the threat without their weapons while wearing dresses and suits looked hilarious to me for some reason. But, I figured I should let the cast have some actual fun and no troubles, at least for one night.
Old 2011-11-26, 09:19   Link #9743
HasuMasu
*Artist

PIC is the reason G-Force doesn't kill them, Izuru isn't an ace pilot or renowned physicist so cut him some slack.
Old 2011-11-26, 09:20   Link #9744
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@era-era: "Please don't channel the author, please don't channel the author..." Another reason I wanted to write IS fanfiction: let them finish a school event! I beg of you! T_T
Old 2011-11-26, 09:23   Link #9745
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@Eratas
Imagine 100+ guys pissed off due to their Mistress date's cockiness and they all left using the monorail....

Random Guy A: "I can't believe I ate her crap about prom party, screw this I'm outta here!"

Random girl B: "A! Please wait for me! I'm sorry!"

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2011-11-26 at 09:37.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 09:28   Link #9746
Eratas123

@ demino_hellsin - You have to admit, the cast taking down a small drone without their weapons and using only the environment and some props (streamers, banners, carpets) would look hilarious if they actually succeeded.

Side note - What's with the nickname?
Old 2011-11-26, 09:30   Link #9747
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Stratos - Gives me a reason for him to be there for future drafts!
For Inami?

Also, another part of draft chapter 11:
Spoiler for Scene:
Old 2011-11-26, 09:32   Link #9748
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
@ demino_hellsin - You have to admit, the cast taking down a small drone without their weapons and using only the environment and some props (streamers, banners, carpets) would look hilarious if they actually succeeded.

Side note - What's with the nickname?
Eratas: "D-d-don't get me wrong, i-i-it's not like I want to be called that or anything. *blushes*"

Dammit, there I go again...
Old 2011-11-26, 09:34   Link #9749
Eratas123

@ Zero - Argh! Can't edit!

1. Not all of class 1-2 are ultra feminists. Only about two-five of them are and the rest are more neutral. One hates terrorists, so she hates Irish by default.

2. The girls in IS academy were stated to not follow the whole "Complete supremacy" rule. Yes, they believe that the IS would win against any normal human (Irish and Kyuukai are obvious proof that this is not true), but they're still teenage girls who love romance. I can imagine some of them would be cocky like you posted above, not all of the though.
Old 2011-11-26, 09:38   Link #9750
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Being an attention whore I am, here's the draft of revisited fic, turned out to be deconstructive parody (mocking the concept of Male I.S. Pilot and smashed it to the ground)

Spoiler for ToLoveRu Stratos Chapter 1 part 1:

.....Maybe I should just stop here....
Old 2011-11-26, 09:43   Link #9751
Eratas123

@ Box - D-Don't call me a tsundere! I-It's not like I-I'm bugged because y-y-y-you're the one calling me that, I just hate that word!

@ Zero - Is Rito a cyborg here? The sense reminds me of Danny phantom
Old 2011-11-26, 09:45   Link #9752
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Box - D-Don't call me a tsundere! I-It's not like I-I'm bugged because y-y-y-you're the one calling me that, I just hate that word!
Don't tempt me....

Quote:
Basically yes, half of his nerve system is composed of Nanomachine that ALSO used as I.S. wiring system (and Laura's eyes FTW). That's why he can detect Jammer barrage.

I think I'll fold the story after all, how the hell I can lost my sense of seriousness?
Old 2011-11-26, 09:49   Link #9753
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@era-era: It sounds cute doesn't it? Don't mean anything with it, I just like the sound of it.(plus "era" sounds like the japanese pronunciation for "error"). As for the cast taking down the drones with just props and stuff, you'd need some serious McGyvering to make that realistic. But seriously. Let them finish at least one school event, the author is destroying their student life enough already.

@stratos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_JaNxNSNZw You must've seen that a lot now but... I just can't resist hahahaha...

I realized something bad... the IS have the safety feature of automatically shutting down so the pilot can't continue combat when the shields are out... but the AE doesn't. The AE theoretically has no operational time limit. The problem stands that having 0 or less shield means defeat in IS sports but the AE has no such counter...
Old 2011-11-26, 09:55   Link #9754
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post

@stratos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_JaNxNSNZw You must've seen that a lot now but... I just can't resist hahahaha...
I don't think I have...

Also thanks! That song will make an ideal OP for Tsurugi's arc in Athena Bouclier.
Old 2011-11-26, 09:56   Link #9755
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:

"Ore no Eratas wa Konna ni Kawai Wake ga Nai!"
Old 2011-11-26, 09:56   Link #9756
Eratas123

@ Zero - How about making Rito less badass first? Show him panicking when he first uses his powers or having breakdowns when his parents explain what happened to his body. It's how a lot of people would react to being called a cyborg.

Side note - Tempted to do what, Onii-chan?

@ demino_hellsin - I'll let them finish it, don't worry. Though the drone attack may happen after the party. Hey, at least they managed to finish right?

Also, don't forget who the cast are, Mcgyvering won't be a problem.

Ichika - Guy who can take a beating and knows the layout of the area well.

Kyuukai - Child soldier with experience in compromising.

Irish - Child terrorist who can do acrobatics and agility along with IS weakness anaysis.

Add all the girls in, and it won't be a problem.
Old 2011-11-26, 09:57   Link #9757
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@Eras-chan

Exactly what happened in the ORIGINAL chapter 1, maybe I should just use the hammer of deconstruction on that.

(I thot you're calling me Senpai? Oh well)

Quote:
I realized something bad... the IS have the safety feature of automatically shutting down so the pilot can't continue combat when the shields are out... but the AE doesn't. The AE theoretically has no operational time limit. The problem stands that having 0 or less shield means defeat in IS sports but the AE has no such counter...
It doesn't have absolute Defense? Must be suck to be Rong...
Old 2011-11-26, 09:58   Link #9758
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@era-era: Aw yeah!

@stratos: check out the lyrics translation, I actually thought it fit well too.

@zero: Well normally the monopole engine makes sure he never runs out of shield. But... with the full potential of the engine sealed he can only run for a certain time before he has to let the energy capacitors charge again. When he runs out of shield, the system does not recognize a need to shut down like a normal IS would. This puts him in a situation where he's not defeated, but the fight keeps going with him having no shields anymore and probably nil weaponry.
Old 2011-11-26, 10:00   Link #9759
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:

@stratos: check out the lyrics translation, I actually thought it fit well too.
Yeap, did it straight away while listening to it!
Old 2011-11-26, 10:01   Link #9760
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The HoYay is creeping through teh internet! ALERT! ALERT!

(Someday I'll call this thread Brokeback Stratos, really)

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest