Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-07, 23:15   Link #9741
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
By the way, I did see your glow request minhtam, and I'll do it sometime soon but not so soon.

Also, does anyone remember (or want to look up) what date was the Sapphire 8 rematch?
The first one?
June 18th.

Oh, then I don't know.
Old 2008-07-07, 23:16   Link #9742
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
No er, the second one.
Old 2008-07-07, 23:17   Link #9743
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
It's entirely possible that I missed something and StrikerS was just an abomination. I'd like to think not, though. The first 1/3 is a bit inconsistent but it cranks up after that (lol Teana). Just don't stop on episode 4 or something.
Old 2008-07-07, 23:18   Link #9744
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Sapphire 8 retake: July 5th

At least that is the date your results are posted on Koldstare.
Old 2008-07-07, 23:33   Link #9745
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Thanks Ithekro. The day the results are posted is one day after the match, which is the day of the match since I'm not in GMT.

Anyways, all of the results except for Sapphire's periodical standings are fixed here if you like numbers.
Old 2008-07-07, 23:51   Link #9746
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

4chan seems to have a tsundere relationship with the Hiiragi sisters. Either that or they hate only because it is spammed due to this contest and they hate this contest because it is:

A: AnimeSuki
B: Not "real" Saimoe
C: Believe it to be faggotry
D: The moe spam should be on /c/ not /a/
E: A reason...? When does 4chan need a reason.

The heavy 4chan reactions seem to be the cause of both the high Hiiragi numbers and the higher than expected anti-LS numbers. (it was to be a 450+ vote birthday gift campaign for the Twins.) With the birthday over...and the tsundere nature of 4chan, maybe the results will normalize a little soon.
Old 2008-07-08, 00:04   Link #9747
Antenor
Lucky Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
4chan seems to have a tsundere relationship with the Hiiragi sisters. *snip*
4chan is tsundere with everything. It's an exemplar of the damn thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Well, Tsukasa will be up there because half of everyone is of the "moeblobs are moe" mind (KholdSecks), and the other half are not (Antenor, though he still votes Tsukasa.)
These are just random examples, though.
You're not going to let this one go, are you?

My big beef with most moeblobs is that they lack depth past the would-be moe elements. But Tsukasa is actually bearable. It might just be the fact that she's somewhat of an airhead without being completely stupid, though, like my lovely Kotomi. I'd be lying if I said I hated Tsukasa and her balsamic vinegar.
Old 2008-07-08, 00:14   Link #9748
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Yeah, I never liked Mikuru at all, both her appearance and her as a character. However, Lucky Star is a comedy/parody; there's no story. Tsukasa can't lack depth because there isn't any, and since she contributes to the comedy, nothing is wrong with her.
Old 2008-07-08, 00:15   Link #9749
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antenor View Post
My big beef with most moeblobs is that they lack depth past the would-be moe elements. Tsukasa is actually bearable. Might just be the fact that she's somewhat of an airhead without being completely stupid, like my lovely Kotomi. I'd be lying if I said I hated Tsukasa and her balsamic vinegar.
...Tsukasa isn't completely stupid?
Did we watch the same Lucky Star?
Old 2008-07-08, 00:20   Link #9750
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Took a break before coming back to the results: Rika tied....again!? What the heck is going on here? How on earth is it possible to tie that often? Yes by both sides getting the same amount of votes, but this was a rhetorical question. This must be avenged! Ok two OT wins have to come for Rika. First Saber and then Mikuru!

Really was a result without many upsets so not much to say there.
Old 2008-07-08, 00:27   Link #9751
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
4chan seems to have a tsundere relationship with the Hiiragi sisters. Either that or they hate only because it is spammed due to this contest and they hate this contest because it is:

A: AnimeSuki
B: Not "real" Saimoe
C: Believe it to be faggotry
D: The moe spam should be on /c/ not /a/
E: A reason...? When does 4chan need a reason.

The heavy 4chan reactions seem to be the cause of both the high Hiiragi numbers and the higher than expected anti-LS numbers. (it was to be a 450+ vote birthday gift campaign for the Twins.) With the birthday over...and the tsundere nature of 4chan, maybe the results will normalize a little soon.
I'm thinking it's the Hiiragi sisters relationship. If they hate the contest and would try to ruin it, voting so that one is dominant than the others isn't the way to do it - not only does it help the reputation of this league (somewhat) by providing the attendance, but it also changes the demographic votes and make the league even more exciting.
Old 2008-07-08, 00:36   Link #9752
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
it also changes the demographic votes and make the league even more exciting.
The complete opposite, actually.
I rarely vote nowadays or seriously comment on results since it's all just too predictable. Most people can predict the results almost perfectly each time as Demi. has done for the past few months.
Old 2008-07-08, 01:04   Link #9753
Antenor
Lucky Bastard

Quote:
...Tsukasa isn't completely stupid?
Did we watch the same Lucky Star?
She sure beats Mikuru (my main reference for moeblobs, if you didn't notice yet) on that aspect. Can we agree on that?

Doesn't help that I'm somewhat partial to airheads (like Osaka in AzuDa) and mild dojikkos (like Kanna in AIR). It's a big moe factor for me, so I like Tsukasa overall. Quiet girls, airheads, dojikkos, tsunderes... they're all pretty moe to me.

That said, I should appreciate Mikuru somewhat, but she comes across as useless and whiny-- and that completely nullifies her cute clumsiness, which was her only redeeming quality to start with. Same thing with most so-called moeblobs.
Old 2008-07-08, 01:12   Link #9754
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Spoiler for Emerald match 8 picks and predictions:
Old 2008-07-08, 01:31   Link #9755
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
What's a dojikko? Ehhh I never cared for Ayumu Kasuga (Osaka) much, but I know people who worship the ground she walks on. She's a walking, living comedic device, but nothing really more.

Also, I believe Mikuru was created for the sole purpose of being what she is, which in itself is aggravating.
Old 2008-07-08, 01:38   Link #9756
FiREwing

Quote:
I'm going to tell FiREwing your address and she'll come to your house pretending to be selling Girl Scout cookies, and BAM two-in-one.
Now you're dead and she has your money.

Then she'll send your head to me.
I've always wanted to be a boy scout. Selling cookies to strangers sounds like a crap job to me.

Oh and this is for KholdStare:

Ufufu.
Old 2008-07-08, 01:48   Link #9757
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishi View Post
What's a dojikko? Ehhh I never cared for Ayumu Kasuga (Osaka) much, but I know people who worship the ground she walks on. She's a walking, living comedic device, but nothing really more.
Clumsy girl.
I haven't watched the anime, but Osaka is okay.
I don't think she's that great: typical retard who makes stuff funny, knd of like a moeblob that isn't trying to be moe but ends up being forced moe anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishi View Post
Also, I believe Mikuru was created for the sole purpose of being what she is, which in itself is aggravating.
She was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiREwing View Post
I've always wanted to be a boy scout. Selling cookies to strangers sounds like a crap job to me.
I don't even know what boy scouts do.
Probably look gay in their funny outfits and win badges for doing somewhat cool things.
Quote:
Oh and this is for KholdStare:

Ufufu.
That's her "guess who just kicked your ass? ufufu" face.
Old 2008-07-08, 01:53   Link #9758
FiREwing

I just upgraded that picture:

I advise you don't look if you love Sakura
Spoiler for UPGRADED!:
Old 2008-07-08, 02:18   Link #9759
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

<---Eagle Scout.

Boy Scouts may sometimes have a bad reputation from those that know nothing about them, but Girl Scouts have an even worse reputation because half the time they aren't even allowed to do anything cool like the Boy Scouts do. (Which sucks because I've know former Girl Scouts that wanted to do some cool stuff).

This also means (FiREwing) if you wanted to shoot me for my votes (that I don't normally post), that I'd probably hit you first from farther way. Rifle Shooting and Shotgun Shooting Merit Badges for the win.
Old 2008-07-08, 02:25   Link #9760
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
I just upgraded that picture:

I advise you don't look if you love Sakura
Spoiler for UPGRADED!:

Wow, the first time it tried to load, it stopped halfway. When I try again, it won't even load anymore. What did you add to it... some curse?

Wouldn't it be nice to have a girl scout knock on your door and ask you in a cute voice, "Cookies~~~" ?

EDIT: Ah, it works now. I think I'll need to hire you to design a website for me! You do spectacular upgrades!

Tags
i-moe, i-saimoe, isml, saimoe