AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-06-15, 14:33   Link #961
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'm expecting a change at the halfway mark that might lessen the split..or create a newer more interesting split. Depending on what the later parts of the manga cover. As aside from I think one chapter, they've covered everything I am presently able to read...that doesn't involve the change I think is coming.
Old 2011-06-16, 00:34   Link #962
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
The show would probably sale better if it were only about Nano, Hakase, and Sakamoto. The parts with Yuuko are obviously the weakest of the show.
I think Hakase and Nano's part was the weakest for me and the show would be awful without Yuuko, Mai, and Mio
Ichuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 00:51   Link #963
GreatTeacherKen

I'm going to go against the grain here and say that for the most part, I can do without the Helvetica Standard segments since besides being random, I tend to find them less funny than the regular show.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 00:56   Link #964
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTeacherKen View Post
I'm going to go against the grain here and say that for the most part, I can do without the Helvetica Standard segments since besides being random, I tend to find them less funny than the regular show.
Agreeable, but as a slight counter point, this IS a sketch show. It slows down the mad pacing and gradually brings it back afterwards; such an unsuspecting idea that has people coming back for more, I think.
Old 2011-06-16, 05:49   Link #965
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Man i had a real good laugh in ep 11. Buying a mixer and an apple orchard? Surely didn't see it coming

And Yukko segment is great. I probably will fail that English test as well

PS: is go-soccer a reference for chess-boxing?
Old 2011-06-16, 15:00   Link #966
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
I think Hakase and Nano's part was the weakest for me and the show would be awful without Yuuko, Mai, and Mio

And I find that I like the Hakase and Nano segments more!

Ah well ... different tastes and such.

Episode 11 was another solid ep for me: 7/10.

The glue scene was great, and the return to the glue scene after the "guess who?" sequence made me literally lol. Sakamoto is such a great complement to those two!

I also appreciated the brief cut scene where the friend of the wealthy student was holding a blender while walking to school.
Old 2011-06-16, 18:45   Link #967
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
It's not only competiting with steins;gate, Iroha and AnoHana, but is also so "unambitious" that it is a wonder it even get greenlit to begin with. Me think KyoAni needs to change whoever is choosing material to animate if they want to be a little more ambitious and hit big. Or just get to animate the remaining Full Metal Panic light novels (I started to rewatch The Second Raid and when I think of Nichijou while watching TSR, I have been feeling like dying inside a little).
How so?

In any case I do agree with something is that they should've turned this into shorts. Azazel is currently 4th in the ranking IIRC. This would work in that kind of area very well.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 23:29   Link #968
Midonin
Last Engage

Apparently Yuuko's mood is like a filter to the world of Nichijou. The happier she is, the SHINY-er things get. Losing her money, however, colors the entire world a shade of sepia. Speaking of funds, perhaps Misato and Annaka wish they'd traded places on that day. A cork gun is a better way to respond to love, a gun gun is a better way to respond to fraud.*

Sakamoto does have a good point - why does the Professor need a business card? However, if I know the Internet like I think I do circa several years ago (please let the meme still be in circulation), a Sakamoto card crusher should come into existence approximately several hours ago. At leas the Professor understands what it's like to have a screw in her back....sort of.

*This post does not advocate the use of largely defensive weapons of gun as a response to fraud without being a licensed Butei. Thank you.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-19, 00:42   Link #969
sikvod00

I just realized I play way too many first person shooters, because I immediately recognized that the gun the tsundere pulled out was a P90...
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-19, 01:49   Link #970
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Poor Yuuko forgetting her homework after actually doing it for once and having Mio lose her wallet resulting in all her yen being stolen. Life is hell. (And apparently turns sepia during moments of depression)

Hakase lives alone with a robot and a cat, neither of which can or want to work, so she needs an income to keep life that way. Since she's a genius I guess she must take invention commissions or something and figured she needed a business card...

That or it's just something not worth pondering, which is probably the case.

Facts presented this episode: Afros smoke during very warm weather, booth carnies are still cheating pricks and Tomoya and Nagisa's daughter is actually a bottle of cider.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2011-06-19 at 02:35.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-19, 02:34   Link #971
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Yuko's entire life is a joke. A poor, horrible, contrivance of a joke.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-19, 02:55   Link #972
Peanutbutter

For all the randomness in this series, one thing is definitely consistent.

How much of a failure Yuuko is.

Seriously though, there's too much of it. I would rather see more Gundere, Sasahara etc.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-19, 02:58   Link #973
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

This episode was so bloody satisfying, because I called almost everything that happened beforehand. Yes, I know a lot of it was obvious, but shhhhI'mtryingtomakeapoint! Not to mention the return of Hakase's epic ponytail. Kyon would be proud.
Old 2011-06-19, 04:51   Link #974
Sides

The pacing in episode 12 was much better than the others. They didn't tried to play on the short sketches, like yuuku and the dog patting her shoulder for too long, same with the scene in the daiku burger.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-19, 05:03   Link #975
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Hmm ... to be honest I prefer the erratic pace of many of the earlier episodes, so for me this episode was good, but not as good as previous ones.
Old 2011-06-19, 07:47   Link #976
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Not to mention the return of Hakase's epic ponytail. Kyon would be proud.
Aye, that was good.

Though I think the Hakase bits were a bit underwhelming this episode. Not bad, mind you, just not as good as they've been thus far. Loved when she flat out refused to remove Nano's screw, though. Poor girl's stuck with that one for life.
Old 2011-06-19, 08:49   Link #977
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
I just realized I play way too many first person shooters, because I immediately recognized that the gun the tsundere pulled out was a P90...
Nah, anyone who played any decent amount of CS (that's pretty much every male who went through their teen/young adulthood in the past decade) would recognize it >.>

I don't really care if the show is nothing but nonsensical sketches skewered together. Nichijou is still the show I look forward to the most and the one that has entertained me the most, this season.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-19, 09:54   Link #978
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
....Loved when she flat out refused to remove Nano's screw, though. Poor girl's stuck with that one for life.

Do you set up such horrible puns on purpose?!

All I gotta say is: "Yes - seems she's screwed for life."

Old 2011-06-19, 11:22   Link #979
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Doth I sense lesbian sexual tension at the final bit?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-19, 11:25   Link #980
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post

Do you set up such horrible puns on purpose?!

All I gotta say is: "Yes - seems she's screwed for life."
Hey, you said it; not me.

Tags
comedy, shounen, slice of life