Notices

Old 2008-03-09, 05:46   Link #961
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
I'm glad they took this approach with this episode and I completely disagree with Deathkillz that Takuma was OOC. "Fortune does not change men, it unmasks them."
Well being out of his usual character to scream like that type of OOC not the "it came from nowhere and I hate it" type

I was surprised by his reaction but the lead up was too obvious. It's everytime he smiles with his eyes closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Anyway, did she really kill herself in front of him? Dream sequences can be misleading.
Only reason why he became psychologically blind. It is harder to believe that he became blind by hearing the news of his mother's death from someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippicus View Post
Well the biggest hurdle for me is buying into the whole idea that all the "Bad Stuff™" associated with the Kohinata family can be dumped on the shoulders of the youngest member of the family simply because any of the real culprits aren't around. So any time they try to move the plot along under that premise it just rubs me the wrong way. I appreciate what the writers are trying to say, I just don't agree with the vehicle they used (if that makes any sense).
That may be so for the villages but they are all idiotic asses anyway so there's no point in treating them like humans

As for Takuma I can see that he really doesn't want to blame Hayami. And in fact, he wasn't at all even til the end where he screamed at her. But the fact is that he became confused with what to do with Hayami (which she didn't help by questioning his uncertainty as well). He needed time to think over but the timing for that dream was really bad. I do believe that he should have been able to say for truths that it isn't her fault, but this case actually shows how unsecure human emotions are, good show on reality imo.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 07:02   Link #962
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Um. Let's not forget this is JAPAN we're talking about. Family honor is sometimes held so highly (or lowly..) that trickle effects can go to a family member who actually had nothing to do with a family issue.

Family members committing suicide due to overall family issues is nothing new in Japan. It may sound totally crazy to Western trains of thought, which I agree with. But there's real cultural reason there. Even in the ugly side of things.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 08:38   Link #963
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

I wouldn't say it's something that's uniquely Japanese or even Eastern by any stretch of the imagination. I can see where Zippicus because they played the card of Hayami being the only one around to bear the brunt of the villager's anger at her family before and the results were rather trite and melodramatic, but this, I think, is actually a genuinely dramatic situation, and the reason for it is because it's much more personal, and it effects two very important relationships for Takuma (that have been built up properly) rather than just one as it did with Yui (which the audience was kinda forced to swallow without any buildup).

The other difference was that this was a revelation for Takuma, while Yui knew about the Kohinatas for a long time, and had an opportunity to forgive Hayami. Takuma's only just learnt that Hayami's family was partly responsible for his mother's death. Of course he's going to be confused about her and would be wanting to take a second look at her. Hell, I would be too if I were in his shoes. I don't think it has anything to do with where you're from. The idea that people take after the ones that raise them, at least to some extent, is universal.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 11:08   Link #964
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Looking back on the scene when the two douches are beating Hayami i remember that i didnt pay that close of attention to it in episode 1. I think Hayami might actually be seriously hurt at one point one of the guys kicks here in Kidney region and i swear when shes laying on the ground the other kicks her in her FACE. I am sure that the writers will downplay the injuries and she will pop up with some scrapes and cuts and stuff. But a beating like that especially the way they kicking her you could honestly hurt someone and shes a girl for gods sake i would never condone such actions. Im sure they left her as well in the filed with the water rising in a Typhon, she could have passed out and drowned for all they know. Im not really speculating im just showing that these 2 morons know nothing nor do they think before they act.

Hotaru has a card to play with grandfather. As far as i can tell Hotaru is the last of the line. She could tell her grandfather she will leave the house and exit the family if he does not back off of Hayami and Takuma. His house would fall into ruin with no one to carry on. In the end its going to take someone to actually stand up to him and put him in his place. It would be nice if were Hotaru that did it but think might be part of Takumas destiny as well.

Did anyone else want Takumas uncle to come along while those guys were beating Hayami? God knows what he would have done to them hes a big guy.
Old 2008-03-09, 17:15   Link #965
Kefit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
Anyway, I'm glad that this went in this direction, and they didn't trivialize it by having Takuma forgive Hayami of any involvement by saying "it's not your fault", and then believing it himself. Such a plotline would make serious light of Takuma's bond with his mother.
I love Takuma's current struggle. There is a battle going on between what he thinks and what he feels. While his mind is thinking that the revelation about his mother's suicide won't cause any friction between him and Hayami - afterall, she wasn't involved - deep at his core he still feels animosity towards her. Ultimately, his actions reflect his feelings. He is unable to even hold a decent conversation with her anymore, and when in a particularly emotional state (which dreams will often place individuals in) he lashes out at her. I always find this sort of dichotomy of character particularly compelling, and it reminds me Sakura near the end of the first Da Capo anime (also produced by ZEXCS, no less).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Looking back on the scene when the two douches are beating Hayami i remember that i didnt pay that close of attention to it in episode 1. I think Hayami might actually be seriously hurt at one point one of the guys kicks here in Kidney region and i swear when shes laying on the ground the other kicks her in her FACE. I am sure that the writers will downplay the injuries and she will pop up with some scrapes and cuts and stuff.
I'm not so sure about Hayami walking away from this with just scrapes and bruises. For all of the torment the thugs and Yui put Hayami through before, they were never actually trying to hurt her. Cause pain and humiliation? Sure. They were bullying her, and being rough about it. But they were never actively trying to injure her.

This situation could very well be different. Hayami is trying to destroy the town, or at least cause substantial damage. She said as much herself. To the goons, this confirms that everything their parents have always said about her is true. Paired with the extreme nature of the typhoon, this could be enough for them to throw aside their inhibitions and move beyond bullying. Hayami could very well end up quite hurt by this. It is the climactic part of the show, afterall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
Did anyone else want Takumas uncle to come along while those guys were beating Hayami? God knows what he would have done to them hes a big guy.
I'm actually pulling for a Yui save. It's the perfect opportunity for her character to grow more and to build on what occurred in episode six. Furthermore, it would show that Hayami's situation isn't actually back at square one, and that there have actually been some lasting changes.
Kefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 05:45   Link #966
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
I have one question after watching 6 ep of H20 and that is reguarding Hayami's parents.

Spoiler for question:
i'm sorry but could someone please answer my question..........^
Old 2008-03-10, 08:07   Link #967
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Sorry missed your post but the answer to your question is we do not know for sure. Some of us think they moved away but are supporting Hayami by sending her money. She obviously has been buying things to live and she does'nt work so someone is helping her. If thats the case we have to wonder why was she left alone in a village that hates her family. ome info might be shed near the end but honestly its not important to the story which is one of the reasons why you have not seen much on it.
Old 2008-03-10, 11:30   Link #968
Shana

Quote:
I think her parents died when the Elder and the village's people burnt down the Kohinata's house. You see that Hayami is crying when she sees the house burning, I believe she was crying because her parents were in the house.

That's what I think, anyways.
Old 2008-03-10, 11:40   Link #969
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
ARGH I HATE that stupid evil twisted geezer! HATE him!

As you can imagine, this episode made me pretty upset-aside from the cute/comedic moments. But I predict Hotaru and the other girls will help them. Oh wait.....Hamaji's a boy.
Old 2008-03-10, 12:03   Link #970
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana View Post
I think her parents died when the Elder and the village's people burnt down the Kohinata's house. You see that Hayami is crying when she sees the house burning, I believe she was crying because her parents were in the house.

I dont know if that was the case Hayami would has said something about it by now and also Hotaru as well. She was crying because the house was burning but also because Hotaru ran away instead of helping her when she called out. Murdering several people in a house even if was a fire would look suspicious and i doubt even the elder has the power to cover something like that for this long. Also Hayami's dad was standing in front of her when the villagers came to the house he was standing outside of the house while it was burning so i dont think thats the case either.
Old 2008-03-10, 17:12   Link #971
holyman282

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Sorry missed your post but the answer to your question is we do not know for sure. Some of us think they moved away but are supporting Hayami by sending her money. She obviously has been buying things to live and she does'nt work so someone is helping her. If thats the case we have to wonder why was she left alone in a village that hates her family. ome info might be shed near the end but honestly its not important to the story which is one of the reasons why you have not seen much on it.
Yeah i guess you're right, it's not that important but it does leave a huge gaping hole in terms of consistency in suspension of disbelief. I just hope they'll answer the question rather then leaving it.

I also agree with the fact that her parents probably didn't die since we saw them standing in front of the fire with Hayami.....
Old 2008-03-10, 17:52   Link #972
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Yeah i guess you're right, it's not that important but it does leave a huge gaping hole in terms of consistency in suspension of disbelief.
Well, I'm not sure why it would affect your suspension of disbelief one way or another. They've already gone to pretty great lengths to show that Hayami's parents were not great people. Everyone in the village despises them, and apparently not without reason. Whether they're physically alive or dead, they're certainly "dead to Hayami" for all it really matters, especially as she learns more of their past deeds. Basically, I think they're probably alive, but they might as well be dead for all it matters.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 18:41   Link #973
holyman282

Well i remember in one ep Hayami had a good flashback of the happy times she had with her family so i'm thinking, her family can't be that bad for her to disassociate with them..
Old 2008-03-10, 19:00   Link #974
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Well i remember in one ep Hayami had a good flashback of the happy times she had with her family so i'm thinking, her family can't be that bad for her to disassociate with them..
Uh, well... after the latest episode, you can decide for yourself. Her happy memories with her parents were a stark contrast to the apparent reality. They've done nothing but cause her pain both directly and indirectly. It would take some sort of major miracle to redeem them at this point.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 19:18   Link #975
Kefit

I don't see any conflict between Hayami's parents being genuinely horrible people and Hayami having happy memories with them. She was their daughter, afterall, and it's not like she was old enough to really understand what was going on.

But that was a long time ago. Regardless of the reason, I have to agree with Relentlessflame in that they are gone now and effectively dead to Hayami. But even if she hates who her parents were as people, she still has memories of a happy family life. These memories aren't as much a matter of who she was with, but rather of the loving and caring environment that she has long been excluded from.
Kefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 22:55   Link #976
siber222000
미, 미, 미 미쿠루빔~!!!

when hayami was crying, weren't her parents kneeling down right front of that elder dude? then hayami was screaming out HINATA *or hotaru* HELP ME HELP ME and such
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana View Post

Old 2008-03-11, 06:28   Link #977
Exellon_Nanoha
nanoha fangirl

isn't anyone going to make a wallpaper thread for h2o id realy realy like that ^_^
Exellon_Nanoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 14:16   Link #978
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exellon_Nanoha View Post
isn't anyone going to make a wallpaper thread for h2o id realy realy like that ^_^
Picture threads are usually included when a series gets its own forum H2o is popular but not popular enough to have its own forum. If you have wallpapers or pics you want to share you can post them right here in the thread.
Old 2008-03-11, 21:24   Link #979
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exellon_Nanoha View Post
Well, wallpapers come with the DVDs~

Spoiler for some information/pictures on DVD 2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 21:49   Link #980
Shana

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Well, wallpapers come with the DVDs~

Spoiler for some information/pictures on DVD 2:
I aprove! I want my Hianata icons NOW (and wallpapers too~)

Oh yeah, is DVD1 out?

Tags
bishoujo, drama, kadokawa, makura, romance, school life, seinen, zexcs