AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sora Kake

Notices

Old 2009-02-19, 09:29   Link #961
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Sakura isn't. Will probably be my 2nd wife.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 09:56   Link #962
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Sakura isn't. Will probably be my 2nd wife.
One day, your life shall end, and by my hand.
By "one day", I mean "very soon".

Okay, it's so wrong to claim Sakura as my wife, but if I don't do that, she will be in a very dangerous situation, so pardon me for doing so.

Quote:
question

is it me or that

AMAIIIZINGUU part is what i missed on the later episode??

or is it on the new ep not yet subbed
Ep 7. I don't know if it has been subbed or not.
Old 2009-02-19, 10:08   Link #963
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Do not forget that I am Sakura's brother-in-law, you guys have to get through my approval first. After my approval you'll have to face Mr Blackbelt, then face the ecchi scarf.

And finally Sakura herself must have the inspiration.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 10:27   Link #964
Gallean

Since the subs are taking so long...

Spoiler:
Gallean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 10:29   Link #965
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
Speaking of fansubs... they can be so frustrating. I just watched an HD version of episode 1 from ASF. I had watched the one from StrikeS before. I can understand a little variation between interpreters, but there's one scene where the difference is ridiculous.

It's where Neneko runs up to Frio/Julio at the school terminal. After Frio says something about how energetic she is, in the StrikeS one she says "I had a kick-ass bowl movement," and in the ASF one she says, "I have a paranormal feeling."

WTF!?

I'm assuming "paranormal feeling" is correct because she points to her temples with both hands?
Had forgotten to reply to this before, but: the best thing to do in this situation is to go get yesy's version of the episode and check that. (And actually, if you ask me, yesy and StrikeS have better-seeming translations of the three. At the very least, their translations seem to match up better than yesy <-> ASF or StrikeS <-> ASF.) If you absolutely must have 720p, then there's no reason you can't get the yesy-720p releases that have been coming out very soon after yesy releases episodes themselves. (This versus ASF for the fact that yesy seems to be getting their subs out quicker than ASF, at least lately.) Ultimately, however, you'll want to get either Blu-ray rips or teh BDs themselves, as the image quality on those will likely be a lot better than HDTV rips (even non-upscaled ones).
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 11:00   Link #966
jennkei
Screenshot Fiend

I did like the animation in this ep, though, and Sakura was pretty cute. (Though not as cute as in the previous ep!) (Ep 7's screenshots)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallean View Post

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
jennkei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 11:02   Link #967
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennkei View Post
I did like the animation in this ep, though, and Sakura was pretty cute. (Though not as cute as in the previous ep!) (Ep 7's screenshots)

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-02-19, 11:06   Link #968
jennkei
Screenshot Fiend

There we go. I thought it had a -pe ending but can never really tell with names.
jennkei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 11:12   Link #969
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 11:41   Link #970
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Spoiler:
I can't help but have an image of Lulu and his mother .
I'm placing my bet on Leopard having slim body and the same eyes as Leouch.
Old 2009-02-19, 12:01   Link #971
Gallean

Interesting, thanks for the translations!

Think they're really going to link Leopard with Lelouch in any really obvious way like giving him a similar body? I think that would ruin the so far perfect balance between humor, subtle references of all kind and captivating story. It would just be too cheesy :P.
Gallean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 12:05   Link #972
Fishfood1

^it's even more funny cause one of the screen shot had takane having one of her hand over her eye(even though she was holding something else), but due to the angle of the shot, it look like she's using the hand to cover her eye, which we'd seen lulu did that so many times
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 13:05   Link #973
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Interesting, thanks for the translations!

Think they're really going to link Leopard with Lelouch in any really obvious way like giving him a similar body? I think that would ruin the so far perfect balance between humor, subtle references of all kind and captivating story. It would just be too cheesy :P.
You need a slim body to jump around like an idiot as the current Leopard, and the sharp eyes for the lulz.
Old 2009-02-19, 18:36   Link #974
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Megex View Post
...You obviously haven't watched shows like Eureka Seven or Xam'd, where they give hardly any worldsetting information in the first few episodes, and yet do just fine with regards to WTF factor. ...
Why how did you know! As an engineer in training I'm more inclined towards hard sci-fi. That why I like stargate over star trek. It goes with out saying I'll never take up war hammer 40000.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 21:11   Link #975
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

...Okay, who tagged this thread with "sakurago"? I want to give you a cookie. But to whoever put the "shoujou" tag: That's not how you spell "shoujo".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Why how did you know! As an engineer in training I'm more inclined towards hard sci-fi. That why I like stargate over star trek. It goes with out saying I'll never take up war hammer 40000.
...But...but...I'm an engineer in training as well! And I like fantasy in addition to science fiction. Does the fact that I'm aiming for computer engineering make a difference?
Old 2009-02-19, 21:47   Link #976
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

As soon as I hear "Sakurago", I can't stop myself from giving this thread the tag .

Quote:
...But...but...I'm an engineer in training as well! And I like fantasy in addition to science fiction. Does the fact that I'm aiming for computer engineering make a difference?
No, it's just mean you are the type of person who understand the line between reality and fantasy, and let your imagine run wild while you're enjoying it. You just know when to put your logical mind into rest .
Old 2009-02-19, 22:12   Link #977
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
No, it's just mean you are the type of person who understand the line between reality and fantasy, and let your imagine run wild while you're enjoying it. You just know when to put your logical mind into rest .
Oh, I see.
Old 2009-02-19, 22:28   Link #978
Sin Ansem
With this I'm Invincible!

Send a message via AIM to Sin Ansem Send a message via MSN to Sin Ansem
Hmmm...

Subs usually show up on the weekend, with the new ep out on Monday. So hang tight guys!

I Am Negima!?, and SO CAN YOU!
Part the First
Part the Second
Abandon Sanity, all ye who read here
Sin Ansem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 22:38   Link #979
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
...Okay, who tagged this thread with "sakurago"? I want to give you a cookie. But to whoever put the "shoujou" tag: That's not how you spell "shoujo".

I'm doing Computer Systems too.

Personally I think people who like hard sci-fi represents a sense of hoping it shows what engineering will eventually manage to achieve. Think of all those news of "xxx from StarXXX just got built in labs".

Mixing fantasy in a god-did-it sense (aka cop out) kind of undermines the greatness of such achievements.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 23:36   Link #980
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
I'm doing Computer Systems too.

Personally I think people who like hard sci-fi represents a sense of hoping it shows what engineering will eventually manage to achieve. Think of all those news of "xxx from StarXXX just got built in labs".

Mixing fantasy in a god-did-it sense (aka cop out) kind of undermines the greatness of such achievements.
Huh? No, I like hard science fiction as well.

Actually, I like hard fantasy too. (In effect, a worldsetting where non-real things exist, such as magic and/or elves, etc., but where such things are considered with the same scientific mindset you would apply to real-world stuff. ...That's not a very good explanation of what I mean, but it's close enough for now.)

Tags
shoujo, shoujou, shounen, sunrise