AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-08-29, 17:55   Link #9781
rocawarde
Gundam Mechanic

Here's a blow-up of that Quanta kitbash, If they added it to book I would like o check out the pics

Spoiler for Qan[T] Repair:
Old 2011-08-29, 18:30   Link #9782
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Ha I totally forgot about the Sera. I didn't think we would see it. l thought all this tech stuff and everything else related to 00 was over.

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2011-08-29 at 19:36.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 12:18   Link #9783
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Ha I totally forgot about the Sera. I didn't think we would see it. l thought all this tech stuff and everything else related to 00 was over.
With Gundam you never really know Nosferatu.

I do like the Sera it reminds of SEM they both have a scaled down design that works well for there roles.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 14:04   Link #9784
LaSean

YES!!! New 00 stuff I can't get enough of 00 designs, I love them lol.
LaSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 00:14   Link #9785
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I'll admit, Sera not having a head is pants on head retarded. What's wrong with using the Raphael's head?
Old 2011-09-01, 00:17   Link #9786
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
I'll admit, Sera not having a head is pants on head retarded. What's wrong with using the Raphael's head?
Probably because when the Sera is disconnected, the Raphael is still using its head.
Old 2011-09-01, 00:38   Link #9787
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Probably because when the Sera is disconnected, the Raphael is still using its head.
Of that's right...it comes apart. I was thinking the armor wraps itself around Raphael. I'm stupid.

Well why couldn't they bring back Seravee's head?
Old 2011-09-01, 00:48   Link #9788
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Of that's right...it comes apart. I was thinking the armor wraps itself around Raphael. I'm stupid.

It does wrap around the Raphael, mostly. Just not the head.

Same reason with the Neo-Hed, I imagine. So it doesn't get shot as heads are a major weakness in GN-based mobile suits.
Old 2011-09-01, 00:50   Link #9789
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:

Same reason with the Neo-Hed, I imagine. So it doesn't get shot as heads are a major weakness in GN-based mobile suits.
To not have a head is an aesthetic weakness that can cripple a MS all on its own.

I won't stand for it.
Old 2011-09-01, 01:11   Link #9790
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
To not have a head is an aesthetic weakness that can cripple a MS all on its own.

I won't stand for it.
Neo-Hed overcame the weakness by distributing the sensor packages and the like all over the body, so it couldn't all be taken out with a headshot--as Patrick can easily tell you. So it's actually a smart move.
Old 2011-09-01, 01:40   Link #9791
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Neo-Hed overcame the weakness by distributing the sensor packages and the like all over the body, so it couldn't all be taken out with a headshot--as Patrick can easily tell you. So it's actually a smart move.
Being tactical sucks in Gundam. It's all about the look.
Old 2011-09-01, 05:49   Link #9792
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:

I won't stand for it.
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, I'm wondering about this as well. It's not too mch trouble to actually put a head there really.

Quote:

The weird part is that Sera isn't designed to have it's sensors all over the place like the Neo-Hed was. I think the Jap Wiki says that it has some sort of a minor sensor or something.

If I designed the Neo Hed though, I would give it's sensors all over it's body AND give it a traditional sensor head. This way there's always something to go by incase the whole head or parts of the body gets damaged. Most mobile suits already have backup sensors on places beside the head anyways, so it's just a matter of upgrading those.
Old 2011-09-01, 06:04   Link #9793
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Maybe it has a different head and we haven't seen it yet, more 00 secrecy.
Old 2011-09-01, 10:01   Link #9794
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Info on Exia Repair III:

Quote:
Originally Posted by E08
Translation of R3's profile from chinese source.

After S2, CB strictly controls its public armed intervention and extreme caution is taken especially when gundam is involved. Exia R3 is modified to meet the requirements of the organisation's activities and one such modification is the addition of the GN Long Rifle, which is designed for sniping while the unit is cloaked. The latest GN thrusters are installed; their efficiency allows the unit to accelerate while keeping particle consumption low. Thus, when range attack is unsuitable for the mission, Exia will rush into the enemies for close range combat. The newly designed, enlarged shoulder armors contain condenser.

Sadly, sera's profile does not contain any new info.
Sniping while clocking, suddenly Dynames doesnt sound so boss anymore........now all it needs is the actual cloak from Exia Repair III and we would have one MF badass suit.
Old 2011-09-01, 22:06   Link #9795
GundamFan

Well the cloaking device exlpains why they would equip Exia RIII with a Sniper rifle as oppose to some other sort of GN gun. Especially since it would most likely be fighting multiple GN units.
Old 2011-09-01, 22:50   Link #9796
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

So are we expected to get any more mecha info after ERIII and Sera?
Old 2011-09-01, 23:39   Link #9797
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The only machine I can think of that we'd get new info on would be the ELS 00 Qan[T]... so probably not a whole lot of new mecha info.
Old 2011-09-02, 00:28   Link #9798
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Well the cloaking device exlpains why they would equip Exia RIII with a Sniper rifle as oppose to some other sort of GN gun. Especially since it would most likely be fighting multiple GN units.
I can see it now, Exia lying low in the desert during the day, sniping things in the sky one by one all day. Then cloaks slowly moves to a different location after awhile.

Forget about having just a gun, Exia now has a "sniping" rifle. Never thought I would see the day. Dynames Repair needs one of those too.......then Setsuna and Lyle could go do some tag team sniping.....

Quote:
So are we expected to get any more mecha info after ERIII and Sera?
I don't think so, this is pretty much it I guess. This last Senki chapter is like the final bonus for Senki like the Reborns chapter was for 00V.

Some info on ELS Qan(T) would be nice but I dunno whether the info is out and that we just don't have it or whether none was ever released.

*lightbulb flashes*To the Japanese Wiki!!!
Old 2011-09-03, 09:17   Link #9799
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
I can see it now, Exia lying low in the desert during the day, sniping things in the sky one by one all day. Then cloaks slowly moves to a different location after awhile.

Forget about having just a gun, Exia now has a "sniping" rifle. Never thought I would see the day. Dynames Repair needs one of those too.......then Setsuna and Lyle could go do some tag team sniping.....
I feel sorry for the poor security guard in a GN-X III who inevitabily endup fighting the RIII. It should be good for the EFS as the large corporations are going to need alot more GN-X MS with that thing lurking around, warranty probably doesn't cover acts of God or Gundam either.

Quote:
I don't think so, this is pretty much it I guess. This last Senki chapter is like the final bonus for Senki like the Reborns chapter was for 00V.

Some info on ELS Qan(T) would be nice but I dunno whether the info is out and that we just don't have it or whether none was ever released.

*lightbulb flashes*To the Japanese Wiki!!!
Well as there main manga focus I would say it's pretty much done but they'll probably go back to 00 timeline a some point down the road just like they have GW acouple of times.
Old 2011-11-19, 07:30   Link #9800
Scorpiopt

Any news on the ELS Qan(T)?
Scorpiopt is offline   Reply With Quote