AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-03-21, 21:45   Link #9861
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Nope, he had no booze at all. It even said in the text he barely managed to avoid it.
well I stand amusingly corrected it seems he finally gave in haha i'm sorry for that hm still its rather amusing perhaps he's finally given into Erica after all this time
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 22:51   Link #9862
darkofficer
just a devil

That part where he kissed Erica was One of the best romantic moments of campione
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 23:10   Link #9863
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Oh, wow, 16 volumes just to get to this point? It's a sign of a progression, but I still stand by my opinion that it'll be better if it was just Erica alone. I'd imagine this point would have achieved in 6 volumes ago. I'd read the chapter once it was done but calling it as the "one of the most romantic moment in Campione" is not really making me interested. I mean, "most fluffy moment" is okay, but romantic? I'm not impressed. Sigh, these days there really exists any story that could impress me.

On the mature relationship thing, one thing to note that it's more complicated than it looks. Once the "feeling of thrill" fades (which, science says is actually anxiousness and when it disappears it means that you're actually comfortable with her), things can get downhill. As it happens, fighting together does not actually make a good and stable relationship (unless one of the couple's personality are over-idealized in story of course) as it mostly just thrills. Unsurprisingly, good relationships actually comes from empathy, which comes from a lot of talking, not a lot of fighting (love-making moments do helps but not too significantly).

And as it happens, Campione! has not done a lot of talking for romance, but the worst part is that there hasn't been a conflict from inside the girls themselves. I mean, don't they have a frikkin' live outside of Godou? Dreams? Ambitions? Problems? That's my main annoyance with Campione's relationships, all kiss and fluffs but not much conflicts.
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 23:25   Link #9864
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
As it happens, fighting together does not actually make a good and stable relationship (unless one of the couple's personality are over-idealized in story of course) as it mostly just thrills.
You're half-right here: what fighting together does foster is a sense of trust. Many relationships fail because those involved don't want to put real effort and compromise into the relationship, which goes back to a lack of trust.

Quote:
Unsurprisingly, good relationships actually comes from empathy, which comes from a lot of talking, not a lot of fighting (love-making moments do helps but not too significantly).
And as it happens, Campione! has not done a lot of talking for romance
Are you serious? They talk about this stuff all the time.

Quote:
I mean, don't they have a frikkin' live outside of Godou? Dreams? Ambitions? Problems?
I could agree with you when it comes to Ena and to a lesser extent Yuri, but you can't say that about Erica and Lily.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 23:56   Link #9865
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
You're half-right here: what fighting together does foster is a sense of trust. Many relationships fail because those involved don't want to put real effort and compromise into the relationship, which goes back to a lack of trust.
It's not exactly the lack of trust, trust would eventually come from understanding the person, which goes back to empathy. It's always understanding the person that is important, not just his outer traits, but his inner self, not part of it, but in whole. And it has to be mutual (and I'd assume that "not being a dick" is obvious).

Fighting does foster a sense of trust... in battlefield. But does it foster outside of it? Not really. Look at how the girls doesn't trust him to not "cheat" (well, attract other girls to be more exact) while they were away, and instead expected him to get more girls liking him, which is admittedly quite right. From what I see it though, they're still uncomfortable with it and it seems to be, if a bit illogical for me to say, stupid of them. You're basically dating a superstar and you're not comfortable with the fact that he has other fans that like him?

Quote:
Are you serious? They talk about this stuff all the time.
Technically, you're right. The talks only comes around the time when they're about to kiss, which is pretty much all the time. Outside of it though, I haven't really seen much talking except for "advancing the plot" and expositions.

Though my problem is more towards how there hasn't been a romantic up-and-downs that you would expect from a relationships. They're kids, so I really expect them to have more of them than a mature relationships where the relationship's either "Working", "Not working", or "Slowly become broken as the love fades". Sure, it's a bit cliched, but I'm fine with it since it makes the relationship much more interesting that way. Does being harem give it an exclusion from having to do it? No.

Quote:
I could agree with you when it comes to Ena and to a lesser extent Yuri, but you can't say that about Erica and Lily.
They do have dreams before Godou came in, becoming a great knight more or less. Have we seen them pursuing it though? From what I see, they concern themselves with Godou more than they with with themselves. There's also the unnatural speed at which they join his harem (outside of Erica) and how unhesitating they were to follow him after that first kiss. I'm feeling a mind rape vibe here.
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 00:04   Link #9866
Chris38

I guess I'm the first one who has noticed that zzhk has done another update to volume 16.

77% of chapter 7 have been translated and only two parts remain for it to be completely translated

And I guess they are going to be pretty interesting, considering who appears at the end of the latest translated part.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 00:33   Link #9867
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
It's not exactly the lack of trust, trust would eventually come from understanding the person, which goes back to empathy. It's always understanding the person that is important, not just his outer traits, but his inner self, not part of it, but in whole. And it has to be mutual (and I'd assume that "not being a dick" is obvious).
It takes effort to understand someone, and many people don't want to put in that effort in case the relationship doesn't work out, because they don't have faith and trust in it. In Godou and the girls' case you can't really do something as crazy as fight a god with someone without having absolute faith that they'll pull through when you need them to.

Quote:
Fighting does foster a sense of trust... in battlefield. But does it foster outside of it? Not really
I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Quote:
Look at how the girls doesn't trust him to not "cheat" (well, attract other girls to be more exact) while they were away, and instead expected him to get more girls liking him, which is admittedly quite right.
He's not doing it on purpose after all.

Quote:
From what I see it though, they're still uncomfortable with it and it seems to be, if a bit illogical for me to say, stupid of them. You're basically dating a superstar and you're not comfortable with the fact that he has other fans that like him?
Emotions have little to do with logic.

Quote:
Technically, you're right. The talks only comes around the time when they're about to kiss, which is pretty much all the time. Outside of it though, I haven't really seen much talking except for "advancing the plot" and expositions.
Again, I'd disagree, they do talk about this stuff outside of those situations, especially Erica.

Quote:
Though my problem is more towards how there hasn't been a romantic up-and-downs that you would expect from a relationships. They're kids, so I really expect them to have more of them than a mature relationships where the relationship's either "Working", "Not working", or "Slowly become broken as the love fades". Sure, it's a bit cliched, but I'm fine with it since it makes the relationship much more interesting that way. Does being harem give it an exclusion from having to do it? No.
That's because the girls are in a strange half way state: due to the way they were raised and their responsibilities they behave very maturely for their age, on the other hand, they're still emotionally immature.

Quote:
They do have dreams before Godou came in, becoming a great knight more or less. Have we seen them pursuing it though?
Not really. In Erica and Lily's case, their dreams didn't have much to with their status as knights. Erica has her political intrigues and network building, Lily had her writing and so on.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 01:26   Link #9868
edrey

feng, i think you don't understand what the author want,
romantic scene and trust, really?

vol 2
(Didn't I mention it before, that one needs to be careful with Arianna's cooking?)

(If, if that's the case, then, at least give a warning.)

As she communicated with Godou by exchanging glances

you think understanding with glances is easy, the author doesn't want to show the process only the end
dreams, ambitions?

vol 10
Even though a king's powers were not hereditary, being a descendant offered substantial influence in the wizardry world. European magic associations were commonly led by, or even founded by those hailing from the lineage of kings.
Taking the Copper Black Cross as an example, ten-odd generations ago, their commander-in-chief was a king's illegitimate child.
He was treated like royalty, and in fact, members of the Blandelli family like Erica are his descendants.

being with godou, is a easiest way to obtain their dreams, remenber thank to be godou's lover, erica became diavolo rousso

problems?
vol 10
"Hikari... What on earth are you trying to do!? I-If father and mother found out, do you know how they will scold you? Please think a little!"

"It's okay, Onee-chan."
In contrast to the older sister whose face was flushed red, the younger sister was very relaxed and complacent.
"If I explained that we will be serving Onii-sama as sisters, I'm sure grandpa and grandma will be very happy. In that case, father, who married into the Mariya family, probably won't say anything while mother is just an optimist. I don't think she'll mind."

nobody can say no to a campione, and the girls can fight between them but nothing serious would happen, why? two reasons, erica and liliana are chilhoods friends as well as yuri and ena, after vol 14 and 15 you can understand nothing serious will happen

so in the end, being with a campione give them a easy life(outside the battlefield) there are improvement in the relationships, the author doesn't care about romance without sex-related scenes, but you will find it if you read again the novel, for example after the fight with circe until the travel to italy, there are two months, it's stupid to think that anythink hadn't happen in that time in special when you are talking about romance, the author doesn't care about that but it doen't mean there are none, so read again

Last edited by edrey; 2014-03-22 at 12:08.
edrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 06:10   Link #9869
kazzuya13

It pretty shallow thinking that there won't be a period of time when nothing happens between every romantic scene and battle scene.
Old 2014-03-22, 11:04   Link #9870
Zurvan
Divine Monarch

Quote:
Looks like it's time for a greeting of 'Haven't seen you for fifteen hundred years!'
Lost it there, Doni is amazing as usual
Zurvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 12:44   Link #9871
Fwarlord

Quote:
They do have dreams before Godou came in, becoming a great knight more or less. Have we seen them pursuing it though? From what I see, they concern themselves with Godou more than they with with themselves. There's also the unnatural speed at which they join his harem (outside of Erica) and how unhesitating they were to follow him after that first kiss. I'm feeling a mind rape vibe here.
For some reasons, I believe that's what really happened, he is a walking disaster who possesses mind control power, so maybe just like Aisha, he unconsciously brainwashed them all.
Old 2014-03-22, 13:07   Link #9872
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
Lost it there, Doni is amazing as usual
All hail the King of Idiots. Er, swords. I meant swords.
Old 2014-03-22, 16:30   Link #9873
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
I doubt he would.

The other girls are his age. Hikari is -12-, come on. That's creepy as heck. Maybe in a decade, though there's undertones of Hikaru Genji there, which is creepy as well.
Oh ye of little faith 4 years, 6 tops, until Hikari says "enough", and just jumps into Godou's bed naked (possibly while other girls are already in it).
That girl is not going to take no for an answer.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 16:34   Link #9874
Ickarium

Considering they live in Tokyo, she'd have to wait a minimum of six years.

Age of consent is 18 in Tokyo.
Old 2014-03-22, 16:38   Link #9875
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
Considering they live in Tokyo, she'd have to wait a minimum of six years.

Age of consent is 18 in Tokyo.
1. I doubt Hikari gives a crap.
2. Who's going to stop a god slayer?
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 16:41   Link #9876
Ickarium

*snirk*

That would be an amusing omake, I do admit. But I tend to be of the opinion sometimes that people go too far with kids. Let's hope the author doesn't go there in the story.
Old 2014-03-22, 19:32   Link #9877
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkofficer View Post
That part where he kissed Erica was One of the best romantic moments of campione
It was really sweet indeed and Godou deserves a medal for restraining himself because this was the turning poing I was hoping, it started in Gaul and he´s begining to accept the advances of the girls. He will fall before long, he won´t be able to controlhimself much longer.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 19:51   Link #9878
uberchar

So I just the newest parts translated. The spirit vision Lucretia had was in some relation to Japan and so was the spirit vision Yuri had earlier in the chapter. First god I can think of would be Takemikazuchi that would the closest thing to King of the End.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takemikazuchi
uberchar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 21:04   Link #9879
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberchar View Post
So I just the newest parts translated. The spirit vision Lucretia had was in some relation to Japan and so was the spirit vision Yuri had earlier in the chapter. First god I can think of would be Takemikazuchi that would the closest thing to King of the End.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takemikazuchi
I thought the closest thing in description of king of the end in Japanese culture is Yamato Takeru which almost the same as Susanoo.
Old 2014-03-22, 21:13   Link #9880
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Or they could be the same entity just like how Yamato Takeru is almost the same as Susanoo. His story about how he sailed with Ame-no-torifune might be the origin why Circe said to investigate about Argo.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem