Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-12-31, 04:33   Link #9941
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenken's Smile View Post
Another question If you found that your partner was (not exactly cheating) flirting with a girl behind your back, you asked about her but he didn't tell, you confronted him, you expected him to be honest/straightforward with you so you could forgive him and move on. But unexpectedly, he's denying it at all costs. You lost to him verbally Would you just cut him loose?
Absolutely not. Right now it's his word against yours, and until you have solid evidence that he's doing that sort of thing (I assume "found out" means "a friend told me"; if it was texts or something, he wouldn't be able to deny it), you're just being the worst sort of girlfriend: the type who stays angry at someone for something he didn't do.

Think about it. If you break up with him, you're essentially saying, "I don't trust you enough to be honest with me, and I'd rather go with my gut than believe what you're saying." If he says he wasn't flirting, accept that he wasn't flirting and move on. Rather than looking for opportunities to convict your boyfriend, you should trust that he'll stay faithful until you're absolutely positive otherwise.

As a side note, why do so many people think fervent denial equates to absolute guilt? Isn't it possible someone is denying something because, I don't know, they didn't do it?
Old 2011-12-31, 09:26   Link #9942
Hippo
Careful now.

Quote:
Another question If you found that your partner was (not exactly cheating) flirting with a girl behind your back, you asked about her but he didn't tell, you confronted him, you expected him to be honest/straightforward with you so you could forgive him and move on. But unexpectedly, he's denying it at all costs. You lost to him verbally Would you just cut him loose?
Absolutely not, 'flirting' can be a metter of opinion. Some people are naturally very flirty and may be seen as flirting with someone when they aren't. Flirting by itself isn't so bad, it would be an overreaction to break up over it unless there is a lot more to the story.
Old 2011-12-31, 17:51   Link #9943
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

"Gamer," I myself don't believe (let alone rely on ) words from other people. Let's say you had solid evidence, and he still found ways to deny it.
Old 2011-12-31, 19:10   Link #9944
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
If you found that your partner was (not exactly cheating) flirting with a girl behind your back, you asked about her but he didn't tell, you confronted him, you expected him to be honest/straightforward with you so you could forgive him and move on. But unexpectedly, he's denying it at all costs. You lost to him verbally Would you just cut him loose?

PS: Let's say you had solid evidence.
Dump him/her....It'll happen again.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 01:47   Link #9945
solomon

You know it's REALLY HARD to give advice on this cause we'd have to see it. Everyone has their own picture and everyone has a different gague if you will. Easy there.

(to lighten the mood)
also I have to ask is love really like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOo8aBv2tEI
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 17:20   Link #9946
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

A question for men :

Your best female friend VS. your girlfriend

Which is more important? Would you satisfy your girlfriend's needs first or your best friend's?

Last edited by Tenken's Smile; 2012-01-02 at 20:16.
Tenken's Smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 19:10   Link #9947
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Quote:
A question for men :

What's the question?
Old 2012-01-02, 20:16   Link #9948
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

Sorry, post edited
Old 2012-01-02, 20:36   Link #9949
Who

Quote:
A question for men :

Which is more important? Would you satisfy your girlfriend's needs first or your best friend's?
Really depends on the context. Girlfriend is pretty much a bestie with added bonuses. Most scenarios, I would prioritize my girlfriend over the female bestie. Very tricky though, speaking in a general sense. Like if both had a really bad day, girlfriend does come first. If I could get away with it though, I would set both of them up to talk about it while I go do my thing.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 00:40   Link #9950
solomon

I'd agree with that judgement.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 00:54   Link #9951
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Quote:

Girlfriend's, obviously. As far as the difference goes, my best female friend is attractive and nice and likes a lot of the things I do, but her values, goals, and deeper personality ("issues," if you will) are completely at odds with what I'm looking for in a girlfriend. My girlfriend has all of the latter things, so while she may not quite be a knockout appearance-wise, I'd take her over my best female friend any day.
Old 2012-01-03, 01:57   Link #9952
HasuMasu
*Artist

Those two would be one and the same in my case.
Old 2012-01-03, 15:57   Link #9953
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
A question for men :

Speaking of needs, a girlfriend has needs that only you can satisfy. Your best friend can find satisfaction within your common social circle, although it would really help if you were part of it as well. I've never been in this kind of situation, in my case I prioritize based on time - the early bird gets the worm, so if one or the other made plans first, she'll be the one I occupy.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 16:03   Link #9954
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Speaking of needs, a girlfriend has needs that only you can satisfy.
And this is EXACTLY the reason my best female friend isn't my girlfriend. Let someone else handle those needs.
Old 2012-01-16, 16:30   Link #9955
Hera

Share your thoughts:
A lot of men, before courting a girl, usually ask, "Do you have a bf?" and if she answers "yes," they give up on her or try to forget her. The way I see it, giving up in this case is not a noble act but only confirms that their "love" for her is NOT true love, or not strong enough. To me, "noble" is when you accept your lover for who they are, both strengths and weaknesses.
If she is married, then that's a different story..lol
But for the dating stage, I personally believe that if you loves someone, Prove it. There's no such thing as "I sacrifice my happiness so you can be with him". Don't give up at the sight of a love rival.
If you've lost or been owned badly by the rival, then it's time to give up, yes.

On the other hand, some people think that you can be happy just by watching your love interest being happy; only selfish men would continue pursuing taken women.
What's your take?

Last edited by Hera; 2012-01-16 at 16:40.
Hera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 16:48   Link #9956
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
On the other hand, some people think that you can be happy just by watching your love interest being happy; only selfish men would continue pursuing taken women.
What's your take?
The most frequent question that guys find themselves asking is, what if? You can regret your actions either way, one is the pain of knowing that you've lost your chance to do something and may never get another shot; the other is the burden of your actions, aware that she's probably stuck with you for the rest of her life. As for which one is worse...that is for you to ponder.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 17:02   Link #9957
Hera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
the other is the burden of your actions, aware that she's probably stuck with you for the rest of her life.
don't quite get this. Clarify please?
if you meant 'stuck with you but not happy', then that's not what I was talking about at all. I didn't say you don't give her a choice but until she's made her final decision, you shouldn't give up on her.
Old 2012-01-16, 17:06   Link #9958
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
Share your thoughts:
A lot of men, before courting a girl, usually ask, "Do you have a bf?" and if she answers "yes," they give up on her or try to forget her. The way I see it, giving up in this case is not a noble act but only confirms that their "love" for her is NOT true love, or not strong enough. To me, "noble" is when you accept your lover for who they are, both strengths and weaknesses.
If she is married, then that's a different story..lol
But for the dating stage, I personally believe that if you loves someone, Prove it. There's no such thing as "I sacrifice my happiness so you can be with him". Don't give up at the sight of a love rival.
If you've lost or been owned badly by the rival, then it's time to give up, yes.

What's your take?
It's an organic, emotional process to develop feelings for someone. If you're just getting to know someone, and don't even know this person well enough to have the knowledge whether or not they're single; you probably haven't developed very firm feelings either way, and if you have, it's just infatuation and certainly not the type of feeling you could call love.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 17:09   Link #9959
Hera

I phrased it badly, I think.. let's say you know her well enough to know whether she's single.
Old 2012-01-16, 17:24   Link #9960
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
What's your take?
What are you doing chasing after taken women? All you're doing is saying, "Gee, this seems like the kind of girl that will drop her boyfriend as soon as someone better comes along."

Is that really what you want?

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom