Notices

Old 2020-06-01, 09:48   Link #9961
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^^But we need to know whether this school is actually useful or not
The point of going to school is to receive a recognized qualification. As long as it does that, any school is useful.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-01, 10:05   Link #9962
Tenzen12

Quote:
Read correctly
He doesn't do normal tests
I remember you said that. This kid isn't doing normal test. This kid doing freaking QUANTUM PHYSICS
Old 2020-06-01, 10:16   Link #9963
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Exactly, and that has nothing to do with the school at all, he's just doing some high level stuff on his own, even the teachers don't get it, in fact the school should be ashamed for trying to grade him

^^Exactly, and what are the qualifications these unique bloodlines passed?
Construction Magic using Earth Elemental? No
Recovery Magic using Water or Light Mastery? No
They are just unbelievably good at fighting, but the reason has nothing to do with the school itself

These magic schools are very important for isekai countries, and of course they want unique people, but of course their number is small
The governments must want a school that can train regular mage to be more excellent
Accreditation yo

Oh! Cut&Paste did it great with this template
Not only skill is secret, MC also got epic skills

Last edited by wuhugm; 2020-06-01 at 10:38.
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-01, 10:58   Link #9964
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

What a fu***ing cliché!!!! They should banned those cliché!! Because they've overusing it!
Old 2020-06-01, 11:08   Link #9965
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Oh, scratch that

This motherfucker is too OP
Old 2020-06-01, 12:00   Link #9966
Greenish Growth

I don't recall reading any cut and paste skill story over the years that didn't go downhill after the main character acquired a lot of powerful skills.

Main character becomes powerful and then what? Nothing very interesting.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-01, 12:25   Link #9967
Tenzen12

I don't recall reading any cut and paste skill story over the years that didn't go downhill after first half of first chapter...

Quote:
^Exactly, and that has nothing to do with the school at all, he's just doing some high level stuff on his own, even the teachers don't get it, in fact the school should be ashamed for trying to grade him

^^Exactly, and what are the qualifications these unique bloodlines passed?
Construction Magic using Earth Elemental? No
Recovery Magic using Water or Light Mastery? No
They are just unbelievably good at fighting, but the reason has nothing to do with the school itself

These magic schools are very important for isekai countries, and of course they want unique people, but of course their number is small
The governments must want a school that can train regular mage to be more excellent
Accreditation yo
It doesn't need to do with school teaching as long as school can understand issue enough to evaluate it at least to degree. If shool is aware this kid is better them then perfect marks are warranted.

School has two roles. Teach and Evaluate. Even if students doesnt't need teaching they still need official evuluation to be aknowledged. If it's about combat school (or anyone on that matter) it's super easy figure who is strong and who not. Also just because special people recieve attention they deserve, doesn't mean regular mages doesn't.
Old 2020-06-01, 12:35   Link #9968
Rasty

^^
^
Slime wasn't bad. Yeah, it went the power inflation route, but it kind of worked.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-01, 13:04   Link #9969
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Coz it focuses on other charas except MC as well

^^That's correct
But let's be fair, isekai magic school is turning into a place where unique people are showing off
Compare it to Zero no Tsukaima and even Harry Potter where the school performs as intended
Old 2020-06-01, 15:27   Link #9970
Garn

^Both are similar in that the amount of magic taught by the school is minimal and only when it will be necessary for some future event, as far as I remember there is no "magic system" in HP
Garn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-01, 17:25   Link #9971
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenish Growth View Post
I don't recall reading any cut and paste skill story over the years that didn't go downhill after the main character acquired a lot of powerful skills.

Main character becomes powerful and then what? Nothing very interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I don't recall reading any cut and paste skill story over the years that didn't go downhill after first half of first chapter...

It doesn't need to do with school teaching as long as school can understand issue enough to evaluate it at least to degree. If shool is aware this kid is better them then perfect marks are warranted.

School has two roles. Teach and Evaluate. Even if students doesnt't need teaching they still need official evuluation to be aknowledged. If it's about combat school (or anyone on that matter) it's super easy figure who is strong and who not. Also just because special people recieve attention they deserve, doesn't mean regular mages doesn't.
Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu?
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-01, 18:49   Link #9972
darkofficer
just a devil

O yeah cut and paste dropped it when
Spoiler for ...:

Rip author san

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-01, 20:18   Link #9973
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Fanta View Post
Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu?
Denyuuden power isn't exactly copy and paste though, more like analyzed and then the man do it on his own, and Denyuuden world don't have skills so the power is played fairly better with the theme. And that is not mentioned that MC isn't the only unique one.

tbh, it less copy and paste but the general skill steal, copy type abilities tend to work out very bad with game like systems since it make the user too broken. On the other hand, copy, stealing type of abilities work considerably better in story without rpg elements and has actual limit to what it can take. I mean, taking swordmanship and MC suddenly having all the experiences needed to wield it expertly is one way road to a power trip

EDIT: take for example a copy type of ability in story like Harry potter, the abilities might allow the user to copy any spell he seen, but ultimately he still have to work with his reserve limit and his own skill at how to use the spell. But you can also give power up through dangerous spell without turning it into a power trip
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-01, 20:18   Link #9974
charasu
DigiDestinied

@^^ i drop it too around that part
Old 2020-06-01, 20:29   Link #9975
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Coz we need guns on top of stealing and having unlimited skills

^^Just like Ruler of The Land, learning techniques easily
But at least not stacked into mountain in freaking status board
Old 2020-06-01, 20:39   Link #9976
dragon1412

^ pretty much that, the issues is that i found that the author tend either giving MC the experiences along with the skill, which actually kill the enjoyments of the copy type story. THe enjoyment that MC actually try to learn how to use the ability that they copy and combine it or even master the copy ability and exceed the original.

When combined with game elements, it turn to it worst side, MC getting experiences alongside skill, or some ability that outright deny the restriction that actually make copy ability interesting, such as boost stamina, boost strength, it effectively deny the limit of MC body in regard to copy, and passive profiency based skill like swordmanship suddenly turn MC into a veteran with knowledge of how to fight, effectively killing any room of improvement for MC to try and exceed the original. All skill operate the same, it literally turn into the game of " I have more skills than you" and that's it.
Old 2020-06-01, 20:42   Link #9977
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
Denyuuden power isn't exactly copy and paste though, more like analyzed and then the man do it on his own, and Denyuuden world don't have skills so the power is played fairly better with the theme. And that is not mentioned that MC isn't the only unique one.

tbh, it less copy and paste but the general skill steal, copy type abilities tend to work out very bad with game like systems since it make the user too broken. On the other hand, copy, stealing type of abilities work considerably better in story without rpg elements and has actual limit to what it can take. I mean, taking swordmanship and MC suddenly having all the experiences needed to wield it expertly is one way road to a power trip

EDIT: take for example a copy type of ability in story like Harry potter, the abilities might allow the user to copy any spell he seen, but ultimately he still have to work with his reserve limit and his own skill at how to use the spell. But you can also give power up through dangerous spell without turning it into a power trip
Medaka Box?
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-01, 20:45   Link #9978
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Fanta View Post
Medaka Box?
actually pretty good example. Medaka box ability doesn't work like skills in game type novels. Many of them are very gimmicky/
Old 2020-06-01, 21:16   Link #9979
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Sigh, Medaka Box, at first it's just fun problem solving manga, then it turned into battle manga with superpowers
So disappointing

At least, with WN, there's no chance a story is turned into battle type just to stay afloat

Though there are some developments that cause me to instadrop, like :
-MC turned gay
-Just too OP
-Unavoidable Heroine Rape
-Well, excessive threat to other people in general, because enemies can't hurt OP MC, so they target his loved ones, or just anyone in general, all because MC too pussy to kill enemies
What was that novel where MC didn't kill this punk, then he vented by beheading an innkeeper and raping the waitress?
Old 2020-06-01, 23:53   Link #9980
Garn

I still remember a certain novel where for some reason the author introduced heroines who were or would be rap*d (and some die), it was something of a card game and goblins
Garn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
web novel