AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-02-24, 21:18   Link #81
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

The whole Yakuza bit was so funny. I laughed when both of them licked on that lemon with the dramatic music in the background.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-25, 04:44   Link #82
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
The whole Yakuza bit was so funny. I laughed when both of them licked on that lemon with the dramatic music in the background.
That was pretty priceless, yeah .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-25, 10:51   Link #83
Uribatake

Just like Hiromi Igarashi and Rei Matsuzaki from IDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls guest-sang the female version of the ED this week, the male version was guest-sung by Toshiki Masuda and Wataru Hatano from IDOLiSH7. No wonder the show's producer recently said in an interview that the music was the most expensive part of it.

On the seiyuu front, Popuko and Pipimi were voiced by Sumire Morohoshi and Azusa Tadokoro (Ichigo and Aoi from Aikatsu!) in the first half, while Masaya Onosaka and Daisuke Namikawa (Azazel and Akutabe from Azazel-san, plus France and Italy from Hetalia) voiced them in the second half.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-25, 12:01   Link #84
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uribatake View Post
Just like Hiromi Igarashi and Rei Matsuzaki from IDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls guest-sang the female version of the ED this week,
So Anzu and Kirari? lmaooooooooooooo
Old 2018-03-03, 15:24   Link #85
Nivek von Beldo

So the boy from the ny tale(who was the movie they were parodying? i can't recall it) become a mike haggar expy? woah that was nice ending.

the yuri is going higher with every new chapter

the french guy is back. ditto the seiyuu singing parody.
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-03, 18:33   Link #86
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

While the female version had some impressive English during the main story, the male version is clearly the winner of the week thanks to them taking full advantage of improvising (whereas you can tell that the females were just reading their lines as is).
Old 2018-03-05, 14:17   Link #87
Dextro
He Without a Title

The main story this week was shock full of gaming references. I cracked up when I noticed the guys talking about the AE86 while the Regalia was being pushed in the background
Old 2018-03-10, 12:09   Link #88
LG-MAX 2.o

vol 3 cover

LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-10, 14:09   Link #89
Nivek von Beldo

So they used an representation their imprint to self depreciation, nice

This week was so weak, just the puyo puyo sketch and the hostess one, but again after the yazuka is hard to top that, and loved how the the second part inverted the OP sounds.
Old 2018-03-10, 19:00   Link #90
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek von Beldo View Post
This week was so weak, just the puyo puyo sketch and the hostess one, but again after the yazuka is hard to top that, and loved how the the second part inverted the OP sounds.
The hostess bit: One thing to keep in mind is that much of that segment is meant to be a parody of Detective Conan (right down to having some of voice actors from the show voice Popuko and Pipimi during the male half). As such, some of the humor will definitely fly over those that aren't familiar with that title.

The inverted OP sounds: Given how the animation studio behind Pop Team Epic also did the OP animations for the first three parts of JoJo, consider that one of two nods of the series that is featured in the second half (with the other also being a nod to Pipimi's seiyuu as well).

Finally, in terms of the female voice actors in this episode, I was actually thinking about those two voicing Popuko and Pipimi just hours before watching the episode, given how the recent episodes had actresses from "idol anime" titles voicing the duo, and when it came to Love Live, Nico and Umi's seiyuu would be the best choice given how the two also worked on Milky Holmes (which I feel was also an influence in who got cast as Popuko and Pipimi in this episode) and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
Old 2018-03-10, 23:33   Link #91
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
vol 3 cover

looks like someone's a fan of old Bruce Willis movies lmao.

I loved the Ginza bit for both versions. Very very well-done and hilarious.
Old 2018-03-17, 19:36   Link #92
Dextro
He Without a Title

Ok wtf happened in Hoshiro Girl Drop last week? How did it turn into Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles all of a sudden?
Old 2018-03-17, 21:36   Link #93
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Wow, that preview made me slightly interested in Hoshiro Girl Drop O_O. The episode itself was great. I loved that EDM opening.
Old 2018-03-18, 08:29   Link #94
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

lol in the second half, the reviewer compares 'Cursed Mansion' to The Shining.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-18, 09:26   Link #95
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Wow, that preview made me slightly interested in Hoshiro Girl Drop O_O.
Right? I've been thinking that way since the first few episodes. It sounds like the kind of show that would have been released in the early 2000s
Old 2018-03-20, 07:07   Link #96
The 48th Ronin

Okay, I didn't expect Hoshiiro Girldrop to drop (no pun intended) that kind of bomb. Holy shit.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-24, 14:58   Link #97
Nivek von Beldo

That segment we got the english boxart drop...not bad.

well this ended not bad was as funny as the strips.

Hey the great news..Hoshiro Girl Drop got a second season and what a teaser, wait for next season will be brutal
Old 2018-03-24, 15:46   Link #98
Uribatake

I like how there were more differences between the two halves this time, including different openings (both spoofing Death Crimson, a legendarily terrible Sega Saturn game) and different endings. Hell, there were even two different Bob Epic Team skits.

I'll dearly miss this show. Every Saturday I had no idea what to expect from it, and the different seiyuu pairings really added to the fun and anticipation.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-24, 21:31   Link #99
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

WTF did I just watch? XD

This was all over the place...Shota Aoi or whomever he is just came out of nowhere lol...

The Tree of Life song was funny but not as iconic as 'LETS POP TOGETHER'
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-25, 06:25   Link #100
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uribatake View Post
I like how there were more differences between the two halves this time, including different openings (both spoofing Death Crimson, a legendarily terrible Sega Saturn game) and different endings. Hell, there were even two different Bob Epic Team skits.

I'll dearly miss this show. Every Saturday I had no idea what to expect from it, and the different seiyuu pairings really added to the fun and anticipation.
The theory I've seen is that the second half of the show is happening because popuko went back in time to save pipimi. That's why it's repeating. Genius!

Also what the hell happened in Hoshiro Girl Drop? How did Diashi save Sosogu? Now I want to know!

Tags
4koma adaptation, adaptation, comedy, random