AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-09, 22:03   Link #81
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
You got Love Hina, but America didn't? No offense, but that's just weird.
BW-san you know that Venezuela is part of America, right?.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 22:17   Link #82
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
BW-san you know that Venezuela is part of America, right?.
I meant USA as in an English audience.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 22:26   Link #83
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
I meant USA as in an English audience.
Oooh I see sorry, Igot confused, wait a minute, Love Hina wasn´t transmited in the USA? You´re right, that´s weird.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 22:45   Link #84
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
Asami Seto <3?

Funny thing that I liked: Nanase didn't tell Mui to go run and hide (the whole guys must protect girls sthick) and made his gf priority #1 on his list. Nice dedication boyfriend-san.
Except if they haven't kissed in high school , they are not dating for real. She's not his girlfriend.

And being anime, the first kisser has a lead. Go Miu!
Old 2014-01-09, 23:11   Link #85
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Just saw the episode. Ok, I have a wtf or two to cover. In what universe does someone fire a gun right next to your head & you don't even bat an eyelash? Talk about ignoring it, he just continued talking like nothing happened. Followed by, how does a sword not cut through a bamboo sword? Really? The force exerted by both guys was more than enough for that blade to cut the bamboo. Wow, looks like this anime isn't too big on logic.

Well, at least the action was good & the conditions for becoming a magician & losing your powers is a nice touch. That makes it somewhat interesting. I like how the "living" world has special rules that apply to magicians & attacking another magician in that world basically screws you. I'll watch.

Obvious, love triangle is obvious. His "girlfriend" (clearly she's some kind of fake or something like that [That's the vibe I got from the episode]) & Mui are gonna compete for this dude at some point. Only a matter of time before Mui falls for him.

Btw, FukuJun is on a roll this season, that makes what? 6 anime alone this season that feature his voice. Is that Nano I hear in the ED? Me likey.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 23:26   Link #86
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Just saw the episode. Ok, I have a wtf or two to cover. In what universe does someone fire a gun right next to your head & you don't even bat an eyelash? Talk about ignoring it, he just continued talking like nothing happened. Followed by, how does a sword not cut through a bamboo sword? Really? The force exerted by both guys was more than enough for that blade to cut the bamboo. Wow, looks like this anime isn't too big on logic.

Well, at least the action was good & the conditions for becoming a magician & losing your powers is a nice touch. That makes it somewhat interesting. I like how the "living" world has special rules that apply to magicians & attacking another magician in that world basically screws you. I'll watch.

Obvious, love triangle is obvious. His "girlfriend" (clearly she's some kind of fake or something like that [That's the vibe I got from the episode]) & Mui are gonna compete for this dude at some point. Only a matter of time before Mui falls for him.

Btw, FukuJun is on a roll this season, that makes what? 6 anime alone this season that feature his voice. Is that Nano I hear in the ED? Me likey.
Ditto to all of that. A Nano ED is always good.

Still, the part with an MC discovering an unconscious girl and then being forced to fight magicians targeting said girl reminded me of TaMnI's first episode/volume.

Does our MC's power remind anyone of Bismarck Waldstein's Geass from Code Geass/or Nunnaly's from Nightmare of Nunnaly?

Well, whatever. I think I'll enjoy this series.
Old 2014-01-09, 23:48   Link #87
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

The first episode was awful.
Old 2014-01-10, 00:06   Link #88
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

WTF did I just watch? Is that really Mahou Sensou?They skipped at least one chapter from the light novel and altered a lot of the details. The art's also pretty bad compared to the light novel. The animation's quite atrocious. The op and ending was even worst.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 00:08   Link #89
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

It'll be interesting to see how Isoshima uses her ability and just what limits there are to it. Perhaps we'll see her go out of control and mutate into some weird creature and have to be saved.

"Lincoln had potential. However, his weakness was he couldn't handle bullets." - Hoshimiya Kate
ZodiacBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 00:16   Link #90
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Ditto to all of that. A Nano ED is always good.

Still, the part with an MC discovering an unconscious girl and then being forced to fight magicians targeting said girl reminded me of TaMnI's first episode/volume.

Does our MC's power remind anyone of Bismarck Waldstein's Geass from Code Geass/or Nunnaly's from Nightmare of Nunnaly?

Well, whatever. I think I'll enjoy this series.
Indeed, Nano's songs don't disappoint. Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio & Btooom! being my recent faves.

If you meant Index by TaMnI, then yes, it did remind me of that.

When I saw his eye & how it works, two things came to mind. Ryner's Alpha Stigma (I know they look completely different, but the magic circle in his iris just made me remember Ryner) & Bismarck's geass. (for the precognition) As zerodragon also said, he got a magic powered Sharingan...lol Totally forgot about Sharingan's precognition ability.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2014-01-10, 00:17   Link #91
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
They decided to reduce an entire volume down to one episode.
Wow. When there are only six volumes out now reading something like that makes you question what they were thinking. I don't know what they'll do unless they're just trying to animate everything that's out, but I know nothing of story arcs so I can't say.

"Lincoln had potential. However, his weakness was he couldn't handle bullets." - Hoshimiya Kate
ZodiacBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 03:37   Link #92
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Holy mackerel. I haven't seen a first episode of a supernatural fantasy adaptation of an LN THIS BAD since ItsuTen. The entire first episode pretty much being an infodump was SO painful to watch.... not to mention that lolwtf character interaction, bamboo swords lasting that long against that metal one, and where the heck did 'onii-chan' go all this time? >_>

Only saving grace was Aiba Asagi Isoshima Kurumi, but maybe that's just because I'm such a big fan of Seto Asami. XD

Yeah, this has shaken my belief that Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei is going to be good, since it's the same genre and all. Like how can you good from something as good as Ace no Dia to this bunch of bullcrap within a span of a cour? I can only hope they are saving all their budget and talent for next cour...

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
As someone said above shows now days prioritize harems and I have no problem with that, I grew up watching Love Hina in Cartoon Network for God sakes, specially is it´s done right but a little taste of a well done romantic triangle is faboulous as well, throw some fantasy in there and you vae a perfect series for me.
While not fantasy, wait until this Saturday for Nisekoi. Like To Love Ru is to Urusei Yatsura, Nisekoi is probably the closest thing you'd get to Love Hina that's currently airing or in publication as of now.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 04:16   Link #93
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

Same as MisaoFan, when I first saw it awhile ago, already thought of Hidan no Aria, though tbh I enjoyed aria's first episode than this one...

But it still entertained me, funny that people are ranting about the bamboo vs sword, it's fantasy isn't it? anything can happen even beyond common sense, that's why it's called fantasy... though the one sparking when both have clashed is really stupid, it's better if they blurred it or just place some random wind current when they're strike with each other, though again it's "fantasy/magic"
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2014-01-10, 04:38   Link #94
Mentar
Banned

Well, it wasn't the technical aspects which bothered me. Animation was all right. Mahouka will have a different Staff, and will hopefully NOT have a butchered story.

Like Key Board mentioned: The same director who did Total Eclipse (yuck!) then did White Album 2 (awesomeness distilled).

I guess I'll give the LNs a whirl to see how badly they were butchered.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 06:38   Link #95
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinZwei View Post
Same as MisaoFan, when I first saw it awhile ago, already thought of Hidan no Aria, though tbh I enjoyed aria's first episode than this one...

But it still entertained me, funny that people are ranting about the bamboo vs sword, it's fantasy isn't it? anything can happen even beyond common sense, that's why it's called fantasy... though the one sparking when both have clashed is really stupid, it's better if they blurred it or just place some random wind current when they're strike with each other, though again it's "fantasy/magic"
Not when the light novel itself mentioned that the bamboo sword's all chipped by the real sword and probably won't last long.The bamboo sword in the LN is no where as tough as it is shown in the anime.I am still having trouble to believe this anime is actually an adaptation of mahou sensou.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 06:58   Link #96
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Yeah, this has shaken my belief that Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei is going to be good, since it's the same genre and all. Like how can you good from something as good as Ace no Dia to this bunch of bullcrap within a span of a cour? I can only hope they are saving all their budget and talent for next cour...
Nah, I've still got faith in Mahouka. In that series, the explanations are what the story prides itself upon. It actually outweighs the action IMO. To understand the action, they need to breakdown & explain the mechanics behind the magic properly. If they fail to do that, then the anime will be a bust.

If they butcher the explanations to place more emphasis on the magic & the fights, then all we'll get is a halfassed shonen with badass action that has you scratching your head because we fail to conceptualize what just happened magic-wise.

I assume you read the Ln & manga, so you know what I mean when I say that the explanations are the most important aspect of the story.

*Do I need to spoiler tag that?/ It isn't really a spoiler because I didn't reveal any plot points*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinZwei View Post
Now if he were unintentionally infusing magic into his bamboo sword, I could've lived with that explanation as to why the blade couldn't cut through. But really, no special reason for his sword being made of vibranium? (Capt. 'Murica ref)

Dafuq? All they needed to do was add some kind of glow/aura to the sword & just have Mui have an inner monologue that goes something like, "Wow! He subconsciously infusing magic into the sword." It would've fit in very well with the "fantasy" setting, rather than defy logic.
Old 2014-01-10, 08:20   Link #97
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

I am going to ask people to please lay off the spoilers and asking for them by asking about future events with intent of people replying here.

As I had delete 10 or so posts about them, further spoilers will be punished harshly.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 09:03   Link #98
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

I would have preferred ending being the opening.

Spoiler for Comparison between the Anime and the Light Novel:
Old 2014-01-10, 09:35   Link #99
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ougon no Kemono View Post
I would have preferred ending being the opening.

Spoiler for Comparison between the Anime and the Light Novel:
Me too. Maybe they'll do that later.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 09:58   Link #100
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Like Key Board mentioned: The same director who did Total Eclipse (yuck!) then did White Album 2 (awesomeness distilled).
I'm afraid I don't get it. Director for WA2 was only the assistant for Total Eclipse. Though I haven't seen the connection of the director to either of those shows to this one or Mahouka.

Colour me confused.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote