so uber cute:
http://www.deviantart.com/view/5763600/

sweeeeet^^ i'll hop right over to ribons homepage
SimplyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 22:18   Link #83
plui31

Quote:
Originally Posted by plui31
Is this animated by the same studio who did Full Moon? I can see the similarity in style.
Aaaah i was right. They're both done by Studio Deen.....
plui31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 00:13   Link #84
box-chan

nice theme! I guess I'll construct one for OS X in case anyone else is interested...

P.S.- can anyone tell me the art style used here, its reminiscent of the Final Fantasy concept art to me.

Last edited by box-chan; 2004-04-13 at 00:23.
box-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 00:27   Link #85
Don Eunuch
Lin Er

Is there a name for this art style of characters? Tall, skinny, really big eyes(bigger than usual anime), soft colours,straight faces and sharp chins?

The little girl looks a little bit scary.
Don Eunuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 00:40   Link #86
box-chan

i was actually asking about that deviantart wallpaper- but yeah- this animation style shares alot with the gi-normous eyeballs and the yugioh noses/ chin. not that this series is anywhere near that, shame on me. but you know.
box-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 01:17   Link #87
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by plui31
Aaaah i was right. They're both done by Studio Deen.....
I was right too then! Hah to that person before! I asked if the series was also one of Arina Tanemura's since the art style looked very similar, but they told me oh its nothing alike heh.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 02:03   Link #88
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Eunuch
Is there a name for this art style of characters? Tall, skinny, really big eyes(bigger than usual anime), soft colours,straight faces and sharp chins?

The little girl looks a little bit scary.
it's called shoujo style. (girls-oriented style)
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 06:08   Link #89
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight
I was right too then! Hah to that person before! I asked if the series was also one of Arina Tanemura's since the art style looked very similar, but they told me oh its nothing alike heh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
Both Aishiteruze Baby and Full Moon were manga from Ribon. That manga magazine has very similar character designs.
It's the big eyes! They all look similar because of the eyes...

The style of the anime counterpart is more similar to Ultra Maniac than Full Moon (yes it's because of the eyes...) Ultra Maniac is also a manga from Ribon. Both Aishiteruze Baby and Ultra Maniac is running in the Animax channel. We have an Asian version of the cable channel (Animax-Asia) and they play Ultra Maniac here. I hope I can see Aishiteruze Baby here anytime soon.
bluemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 07:21   Link #90
Domasai
_=_Mada Mada Dane_=_

Very Cute.

Thus far, which isn't far at all really, I like this series quite a bit and have high hopes that the talent behind it can continue what the first episode started. I may not be the biggest fan of the art style but the characters, and premise, make me want to continue checking it out. As someone who really wants kids, I really felt personally invested in the story and appreciate the fact that it's not the exact same thing I've been getting from anime lately. There are no giant robots, no half-nude girls flaunting their 'assets' around, no quest to save the world from horrible monsters / demons / aliens. It's different from what's out there mostly and that's always a good thing.

Oh, and I feel the voice actress for Yuzu did a fine job. As for the debate regarding Yuzu's mother and her 'abandonment' of her child: I don't feel I could ever do what she did but I understand that sometimes people just can't handle the pressure and trauma inherent in losing the person they most rely on. So I understand what she did even if I think it was the wrong call. (And from what was shown in the anime, the circumstances surrounding Yuzu's abandonment are pretty unclear. Perhaps we should wait before arguing with one another about it, till an episode that shows more for example?) And filler episodes? I wouldn't worry about them. I mean, come on, the next episode is about making onigiri for crying out loud - what's a filler episode to this show?
Domasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 07:28   Link #91
Strato
Sunshine-Rainbows

Aishiteruze is animated by Tokyo Movie and Tokyo Kids. The only staff member it has in common with Full Moon would be Genki Yoshimura for Series Construction which has nothing to do with art. And the tendency to think that all shoujo looks the same would be a lack of exposure since it is easy to differentiate between most Ribon mangaka, and the point of shoujo is to look pleasing to the eyes.

Yuzu's voice actor's previous work was on the dub for Signs so she has no anime experience which is why she sounds like the nine year old she is which is much more entertaining than listening to 30 year olds try to sound like what otakus want five year olds to sound like. Kokoro's voice actor is an idol who probably hasn't had any previous voice acting work which which is why she sounds real with none of the anime voice acting cliches.
Strato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 10:47   Link #92
Knuckles

Well after watching the first 2 eps. I think this show has potential to
become my favorite show this season. It is funny and has serious undertones.
Yuzu is not too cute and can be annoying to, so she is a believable 5 year old.
And situations surrounding Kippe can be really funny.
The art is like Ultra Manic but not quite as good, but I think it is good enough.

Of the 10 shows I wached last 48 hours I would rank this one right up there with hi no tori
Aishiteruze Baby and Hi no Tori - #1/2 and the rest
Koi no Kaze and Midori no Hibi - #3/4
Kenran Butoh Sai and Melody of Oblivion - #5/6
Bakuretsu Tenshi, Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai, Kyou Kara Maou, Madlax #7-10
Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 13:35   Link #93
Laurie-chan
Asian Goddess

Send a message via AIM to Laurie-chan
I read the manga, and I love the anime. Super cute and super fun to watch.
Laurie-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 13:54   Link #94
dreamless

the best character got to be Kippei's little brother
Old 2004-04-13, 15:14   Link #95
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
the best character got to be Kippei's little brother
Yeah, gotta love those serious characters, they're pulling the strings in the background.^^
Old 2004-04-13, 18:50   Link #96
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
I'm really liking this anime too, though maybe I'm biased because 13 years ago a similar situation happened to my little brother when he was 5 years old (we're 12 years apart in age). The thoughts that Yuzuyu has, feelings of despair over her abandonment and assuming it's her fault because of small things she did, are true to life. It breaks your heart if you have to deal with children who get hurt because of selfish things adults do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domasai
As for the debate regarding Yuzu's mother and her 'abandonment' of her child: I don't feel I could ever do what she did but I understand that sometimes people just can't handle the pressure and trauma inherent in losing the person they most rely on.
That's true, but there's a step before that... two people who are selfish, immature, and/or mentally unstable should not bring a child into this world... or give it up for adoption to a loving family if they do. But I'd rather not think about the idiot parents, instead heap praise on Kippei for stepping up to the plate to take care of the child. People who rescue children are GODS in my book.

O'course, it's the height of irresponsibility to give a child into the care of a teenager. I know it wouldn't sell well to the target audience if Aunt and Uncle raised the kid, so that's the "suspension of disbelief" in this anime. In real life Kippei would find out the child is cute while sleeping in his bed, until she pees or throws up... and she gives lots of hugs and says "I love you" when she wants candy or to stay up past her bedtime. I love children but LAWD they are selfish little animals.

-k

curious
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 19:44   Link #97
EmperorIceBerg

Such a great series can't wait to add it to my collection.
EmperorIceBerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 20:02   Link #98
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempis Curious
I love children but LAWD they are selfish little animals.

That is why some people would have to put them in their place...but if you happen to be like me around children, YOU would be put into your place with the first "puppy-eyes no jutsu"^^
That's one hell of a special power...kids are scary^^
Old 2004-04-13, 22:22   Link #99
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

I just watched episode 01 and 02 out of interest, and I liked it! I'll just let my thoughts drift out. Yuzuyu is the one of the most adorable little thing I've ever seen. I am just charmed. And I thought her voice actress did a commendable (althought not perfect) job on her. The voice actress managed to capture the naive and innocent character of a five years old. The art of the animation maybe "different", but it's not too awkward to be a bother; I can tolerate it. I've read through the thread about the parent-abandoning-child-thing...and...I'll...leave the discussions to you guys. I like the setup of the plot. The hook for me seems to be how Kippei's going change, to deal with the responsibility of being a pseudo-parent (or big brother). Am looking foward for episode 03.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 22:48   Link #100
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyEd
Yeah, gotta love those serious characters, they're pulling the strings in the background.^^
I like him even more after reading some of the manga

Spoiler:

Tags
drama, romance