AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-12-15, 21:01   Link #81
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I think people just know too little about this Lucky Chloe character.

Tekken, even though I don't really play it beyond messing around with friends, seemed to focus more on making superhuman versions of existing martial arts. Each character has them. I think everyone is just put off about how a "pop-star" fights the way she does. Or if she can fight at all.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-15, 21:44   Link #82
sam1

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
I don't have a problem with Chloe. More characters the better.

What I have a problem with is, where's muh Nina, Harada!!!"

*shakes fist in the air*
my thoughts exactly
sam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-15, 22:37   Link #83
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post

Tekken, even though I don't really play it beyond messing around with friends, seemed to focus more on making superhuman versions of existing martial arts. Each character has them. I think everyone is just put off about how a "pop-star" fights the way she does. Or if she can fight at all.
Yeah, this is what I think people see of her being kind of out of place. That's why at least I hope she practices a proper martial arts.

I see Tekken like Metal Gear series. Both are serious games in the core and they have a chunk of jokes and stupidity mixed in them too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
I don't have a problem with Chloe. More characters the better.

What I have a problem with is, where's muh Nina, Harada!!!"

*shakes fist in the air*
I believe she'll return. Nina is the same like Heihachi, Paul, and Yoshimitsu. They appear in every installments.

--------------------------------

For the gameplay changes, aside the rage arts and power crush moves, so far people on the location tests have noticed these changes:

- the aerial tailspin property (a.k.a. the "new" bound system) can be also used as a wall-carry considering its distance. But in turn, it'll also become more difficult (especially for newbies) to continue the combo since we have to chase the opponent.
- the number of hits able to be done on the wall is now reduced. So less wall-hits now.
- The wake-up system has been simplified (?) AFAIK now people has less risk of recovering from the ground
- sidestep is more unsafe.
- the backwalk in Tekken Revolution is in.

But well, those are temporary and might be due to the unfinished build of the game. Probably they'll be more refined in the future builds. The pre-launch arcade version is scheduled to launch on February, while the more complete version will be launched a month later.
Old 2014-12-16, 08:15   Link #84
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post

She's just all around annoying to me. Her fighting style is dumb and unless she has bionic arms under that ridiculous outfit, she isn't hurting anyone.
Old 2014-12-16, 09:06   Link #85
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Yeah, this is what I think people see of her being kind of out of place. That's why at least I hope she practices a proper martial arts.

I see Tekken like Metal Gear series. Both are serious games in the core and they have a chunk of jokes and stupidity mixed in them too.
Considering there's a bear and Eddy's Capoeira, define "proper" martial arts
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-16, 12:21   Link #86
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Considering there's a bear and Eddy's Capoeira, define "proper" martial arts
I meant the martial arts exist in real life (karate, bajiquan, taekwondo, kickboxing etc.) Capoeira is one of them. The bears are taught by Heihachi, so it can be said that they have Karate, although gameplay-wise they also get some of Jack's moves since the 1st game.

I don't think it'll hurt if Chloe was given a real martial-arts (although I can't think of any that would fit her ) despite her appearance being like an idol / street performer. It might make people take her a bit more seriously.

Leo and Bob are good examples. Their appearances don't indicate them being a bajiquan and karate expert since they dress casually (standard outdoor clothes) and don't have a fighting garb (like Paul's red dogi and Jin's karate pants) as their default costumes.
Old 2014-12-16, 14:57   Link #87
Shadow5YA

Quote:
I meant the martial arts exist in real life (karate, bajiquan, taekwondo, kickboxing etc.) Capoeira is one of them. The bears are taught by Heihachi, so it can be said that they have Karate, although gameplay-wise they also get some of Jack's moves since the 1st game.
Capoeira isn't a real discipline. It's more of a dance built around evasion that slaves used to escape captors. It's even less real in modern times where it's practiced as a cultural dance than a method of self-defense.

Capoeira is about as "real" as Jeet Kune Do, the style built around Bruce Lee's movie performances despite not having any concrete forms or body movements.

There certainly isn't anything wrong with making them lethal in fiction, but to say they ever had any practical applications for self-defense in real life is stretching it.

Of course, there are even more fictional martial arts like what Yoshimitsu does
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-16, 18:40   Link #88
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Hmm, that's new to me. But thanks for the infromation but are you sure you don't confuse their real-life practicality with their modern application? since it'd be the same with almost all of the martial arts then. Karate, Judo, Kendo, Wu Shu, and even Sambo... all of them nowadays are mostly practiced as a sport rather than a killing technique, yet they do have the lethality and self-defense aspect to them.

Even if Capo and JKD isn't that "real", IMO they're not as fictional enough as.... say... Gun-fu, and Lightsaber forms

Yoshimitsu's is based on Ninjutsu, although of course it's made into a fictional style of it. Demino_hellsin's description about Tekken's superhuman (and maybe "stylized" if I may add) version of martial arts is correct IMO. The Mishima karate itself is fictional branch of Karate, but we can see that some of the moves are really derived from real Karate.

I'm not saying that Chloe "must" have a real martial-arts, but I just wish she had one. It's been a while since we see a new character with it. Starting from Lili, Miguel, Alisa, Lars, Eliza, Claudio, and now Chloe. So far it's only Katarina who does. Heck, and despite that she's still mocked by many
Old 2014-12-16, 21:56   Link #89
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I need more countries in Tekken. I know alot of countries have their own martial art, they should implement it on Tekken for newer characters instead of inventing or just reusing brawling techniques. What I like about Tekken's martial art is the versitality of the martial art example is Bae Ko Do San and Hworang. Both are tae-kwando, yet they are not clones of each other they play differently on that certain martial art, same goes for Bruce and Bryan. Also Leo and Feng have similar stances their martial art is different.
Old 2014-12-19, 03:43   Link #90
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
I need more countries in Tekken. I know alot of countries have their own martial art, they should implement it on Tekken for newer characters instead of inventing or just reusing brawling techniques. What I like about Tekken's martial art is the versitality of the martial art example is Bae Ko Do San and Hworang. Both are tae-kwando, yet they are not clones of each other they play differently on that certain martial art, same goes for Bruce and Bryan. Also Leo and Feng have similar stances their martial art is different.
Yep, there has been numerous suggestions to Harada for making new characters with a new martial arts too. I remember that he said he'd love to do that for sure, but there are many difficulties... such as translating the martial art moves into the gameplay, especially balancing on how to make them look good and usable in the gameplay while still adhering to the actual principles IRL.

Yup, Baek and Hwoarang are both Tae Kwon Do but has different approaches, same with King/Armor King, the Mishimas, Jun/Asuka, Michelle/Julia/Feng/Leo, etc. They might have several identical moves but their playstyle are so distinct to each other. Except the intentional clone characters of course (Eddy/Christie, Lee/Violet, Xiaoyu/Miharu, etc.)

------------------------

here's a translation of an interview with Harada when he visited Korea recently. I'll just quote the Tekken-related bits below:

TL;DR…
long post
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Too bad about the female Korean character. IMO she'd be a nice addition to the roster, especially since we never have a Taekkyeon practitioner before.
Old 2014-12-31, 21:34   Link #91
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Shaheen a.k.a. The Arabian Fighter

Happy New Year, guys!
Old 2014-12-31, 22:24   Link #92
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Much better. But oh my GOD he reminds me of a animated character. XD

I was thinking Road to Elderado.... but..not sure.

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2014-12-31 at 22:38.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-01, 20:19   Link #93
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:

Happy New Year, guys!
Ohhh this one looks cool.

Possible this will be his play style and was inspired by this man perhaps?

YouTube

And yes Happy New Year!
Old 2015-01-01, 21:28   Link #94
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

I doubt it since ABIR is Israeli martial-arts, while Shaheen is from Saudi Arabia, but who knows.. considering a fighter doesn't necessarily have to use their native martial arts.

On the other side, I've also never seen and heard anything about Arabian martial arts, only their arts of war such as swordplay, archery, horse-riding, something like that. This also makes me wonder whether the sword will be used or just a mere decoration like Raven's knives.

Well, I guess we'll just have to wait for more info.
Old 2015-01-01, 22:34   Link #95
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:

Happy New Year, guys!
Not cute enough! Harada please scrap this boring fighter. We need more "kawaii" fighter like Chloe.
Old 2015-01-05, 19:09   Link #96
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

The team is testing a new camera rendering system so players could play on their preferrable side. Pretty neat.

Old 2015-01-07, 13:26   Link #97
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I have no problem with Shaheen. He reminds me of Omar Borkan Al Gala aka the Man who is Too Handsome for Saudi Arabia.

YouTube

So handsome........ *blush*
Old 2015-01-11, 14:26   Link #98
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I have no problem with Shaheen. He reminds me of Omar Borkan Al Gala aka the Man who is Too Handsome for Saudi Arabia.

YouTube

So handsome........ *blush*
O__Olll

He really looks like the new character. Seems Shaheen is indeed modeled after him, damn that uncanny look!
Old 2015-01-26, 18:45   Link #99
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

New character renders for the current roster (click for full size):

Old 2015-01-27, 01:01   Link #100
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I think I've said this before, but Lars' new costume looks like the legendary falcon outfit

Tags
arcade game, fighting game, tekken, tekken 7