AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-11-22, 11:08   Link #81
UberChelo
натчовек

The hype to see Kaneki as the Black Reaper was for nothing, 2 episodes and that was all.
UberChelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-25, 16:48   Link #82
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Anybody watched it until the end? This second season was an awful adaptation from start to finish. I don't think they got a single thing right. The problem was that on the rare case they got a scene right, it lacked impact because they had removed a previous scene that made it so impactful.

The final episode of the first season of Tokyo Ghoul was never topped. Far from it.

I'd be curious to know what anime only watchers thought of it, assuming they even made it to the end.
Old 2018-12-25, 18:16   Link #83
Uribatake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Anybody watched it until the end? This second season was an awful adaptation from start to finish. I don't think they got a single thing right. The problem was that on the rare case they got a scene right, it lacked impact because they had removed a previous scene that made it so impactful.

The final episode of the first season of Tokyo Ghoul was never topped. Far from it.

I'd be curious to know what anime only watchers thought of it, assuming they even made it to the end.
I made it to the end as an anime-only viewer, and I'm not sure I should have. The first season of Tokyo Ghoul:re was fine in my opinion, but the second one was a very confounding experience, and I felt like that show kept expecting me to recognize characters that were barely featured enough to make an impression on me. Also, I think they should have shown some flashbacks of what happened between Kaneki and Hide, since it was completely different from how Root A ended.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-25, 23:37   Link #84
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uribatake View Post
I made it to the end as an anime-only viewer, and I'm not sure I should have. The first season of Tokyo Ghoul:re was fine in my opinion, but the second one was a very confounding experience, and I felt like that show kept expecting me to recognize characters that were barely featured enough to make an impression on me. Also, I think they should have shown some flashbacks of what happened between Kaneki and Hide, since it was completely different from how Root A ended.
It didn't surprise they made a mess out of :Re second season not only because Pierrot mishandled the adaptation from the start but also given that the manga finished three months prior to season two beginning, hence, they rushed everything from the get go and throwing away lots of subplots in the process.

IMO, I did not bother watching the show in the current season. Instead, I'll be waiting until next year's Halloween to marathon all of :Re season two episodes.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-26, 08:18   Link #85
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uribatake View Post
That's more or less what I figured. Root A doesn't fit into :re's timeline, so obviously that was going to make things confusing for anime only viewers at one point or another. Hide coming back was the main reason I kept saying it would never work. Then there's characters that were cut from previous seasons like Kanou (I think he only appeared once or twice?).

I'd say the only good thing about this season is that they removed so much content they ended up removing some bad plot points as well.
Old 2019-10-31, 23:46   Link #86
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Tokyo Ghoul :re. Final Thoughts

It was a good idea waiting to marathon :re season two until this year's Halloween season, because to be honest I wouldn't have bore to watch this season twice.

Absolutely, I detested :re season two, because they bomb-rushed the plot to get things once done with the anime, since the second season started three months after the manga ended serialization last year.
This has happened before to name but a few examples with the anime adaptations for Bakuman season three and InuYasha Kanketsu-Hen.

What makes this season even worse was the beautiful soundtrack played and wasted, because both the songs and tracks truly captured, IMO, the essence of the characters and their tribulations from the manga.
In fact, the selling point for Tokyo Ghoul, at least concerning the manga, are the psychological nuances and deep introspections for each of the characters whether main or secondary ones. To observe them not as mere and far-away spectators but bearing witnesses to their personal demons and sins.

Kaneki, like everybody else, had his own share of bad luck streaks and messed-up fates. However, unlike the vast majority, he chose and forced himself to choose to sink into the abyss in order to confront his inner demons so as to embrace them and, finally, climbing his way back up by coming to terms that the world is how it is and losing something or someone is inevitably part of walking the path of life no matter how tragic it can turn.

Geez, I do not which to go recounting how much they changed and altered, because at this point I'm just weary and disappointed that Pierrot disrespected the mangaka, Sui Ishida, the characters, the manga, and the fanbase with the atrocity that was :Re second season for the anime.
I guess things truly began going dowhill and south with the conception of Tokyo Ghoul Root A, hence, the monstrous trainwreck that culminated afterwards with :Re season two became inevitable.

While this season absolutely crushed within me any longing for Tokyo Ghoul when it comes to the anime, I still have a few expectations for the property in other formats like, for example, the next live-action film, Tokyo Ghoul S.

Ok, so now I said it and fitting that I delivered my final review for Tokyo Ghoul :Re since today is still Halloween. Time to let this garbage to sink into the abyss of oblivion for all eternity.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote