AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-09-16, 04:15   Link #81
Xiyon

Well, what do you know. Our MC has stones after all.

Shoulda figured from last episode that giving Fragment screen time was her death sentence. Poor girl; she'll be missed. Hopefully this means Makoto won't be so trusting / much of a pushover anymore.
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-22, 09:28   Link #82
Huh...?

Season 2 Confirmed
https://twitter.com/tsukimichi_PR/st...83944362463234

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-22, 10:32   Link #83
Frontier

So that rotten Goddess wiped her hands of Makoto right up until she had an excuse to use him to fend off the demons for the Hyuman's, probably caring little if he got caught in the crossfire and died. Rotten 'till the bitter end .

Makoto now has to deal with Sofia and Mitsurugi, a dragon slayer and the dragon she slew who became her sword and traveling companion apparently, and they've thrown their lot in with the demons instead of Hyumans and see Makoto as a new threat. I'm really interested in what their deal is, and it seems like Mitsurugi knows Tomoe, and I kind of want to see Tomoe and Sofia fight .

Makoto finally gets to let loose and show off against Sofia and Mitsurugi who don't quite know how to handle him. They think it's all the blessings from the Goddess (not knowing about Tsukuyomi) and try to remove his blessings, only to apparently remove the condition that normal people can't understand him. So in the end they just did him a solid .

Well, it was nice of Sofia to give Makoto a face full of her huge boobs right before trying to kill him one last time...not that it succeeded as Makoto then combines his archery and rings for a big blast that takes out a bunch of the Hyuman and Demon armies and leaves Mitsurugi without a leg and Sofia naked (of course) .

Makoto wakes up next Tomoe and Mio, which is not a bad way to wake up what with Tomoe having her robes undone and Mio in a negligee. Makoto really should take the initiative with these ladies at this point .

Good thing Makoto changed his jacket color, so now everyone is looking at the Goddess' third disciple in his red jack as the responsible party for that destruction and not Makoto. Of course, being the third disciple means there were other people brought over from our world to the Isekai world, and it seems like Makoto is destined to meet them .

Ordinarily Tomoe and Mio traveling with Makoto would be ideal, but he wants to keep them safe from the prying eyes of the Goddess and have them in reserve as his trump card .

Chibi!Tomoe lives again! Well, it's a new, distinct, fragment from Tomoe made with one of Makoto's rings as a core, but she's still just as cute. She even has a name, Komoe .

The Ogre's have joined the Demi-Plane and are getting put through the rigors, but thanks to Eris they discovered the wonders of bananas .

They are back in business! With a cute Alke sales girl, the Ogre's and Mio are effective at selling the product to even the most cynical adventurers, and the supporting cast all look happy with Makoto's success .

Makoto's not a perfect person and there's a lot about this world and his parents that he doesn't know, but he's going to work on fixing that while he lives in the Demi-Plane. Of course as peaceful and nice as it gets, he'll always have to deal with Tomoe and Mio .
Old 2021-09-22, 10:50   Link #84
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
That's great.

I enjoyed this first season. The show just grew for me. Had fun watching it. They went serious in the previous episode and the final episode of the season, it's just set up for more and the 2nd season.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-22, 12:43   Link #85
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I was hoping to pop in here and see confirmation about a second season since the episode itself didn't really give any indication. Thank goodness . Honestly this really did turn out to be as enjoyable a show as I hoped it would be. So I'd say this definitely deserves another season to continue developing the story.

Certainly it was a surprise that Makoto really did have to deal with everything himself. I kind of figured that backup might find him eventually. But instead he really just had to handle it all. Which he certainly did. Things were tough for a while there, but a combination of things definitely saved him. That insane mana was huge as was the power he could unleash when taking off/using his rings. Although in that case it was a bit too much since he did wipe out a ton of people on all sides. But his gear was also huge. If not for all the hard work by the dwarfs he might have died before he could fight back.

Did misread things with that Lancer guy. So he was the dragon that was mentioned in episode 3. So I'm guessing it was less Sophia slayed him than they worked things out to team up. Although she's still definitely a monster. Powerful enough to draw Lancer into taking a human form after presumably creating a contract between them.

Had a fun time overall. Fingers crossed it isn't a long wait for the next season.
Old 2021-09-22, 19:16   Link #86
Itlandm
Porcupine

This was an interesting series. I am a bit sad that our hero now has to kill his enemies instead of adding them to his crew as he did before. I guess the story has entered a new phase, a bit darker than before, although there is still a great deal of humor.

So Tomoe and Makoto now have a child together, sort of. But Miss Piggy is still best girl. This seems like a good place to end the season. Would watch another.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-23, 11:39   Link #87
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
This was an interesting series. I am a bit sad that our hero now has to kill his enemies instead of adding them to his crew as he did before. I guess the story has entered a new phase, a bit darker than before, although there is still a great deal of humor.

So Tomoe and Makoto now have a child together, sort of. But Miss Piggy is still best girl. This seems like a good place to end the season. Would watch another.
Who wouldn't want Miyuki Sawashiro on their side ?

I'm half-tempted to think Mio is going to be desperate to get a child that's her and Makoto's .
Old 2021-09-24, 01:06   Link #88
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Who wouldn't want Miyuki Sawashiro on their side ?

I'm half-tempted to think Mio is going to be desperate to get a child that's her and Makoto's .
It's kind of funny that while Mio has the higher level, Tomoe's powers have been the most critical for the show. Her powers created the demiplane in the first place, she can create fragments of herself, establish barriers, and even transform memories into a concrete form that can be read.

I do hope that Mio can somehow pull off something like that if only to cement her place some more. It does feel like the story is building to something for her though. She's had a lot of introspective moments and certainly wants to do something to support Makoto...amongst other things . Guess we'll see what happens in the next season with her character.
Old 2021-09-24, 06:06   Link #89
moridin84
Custom User Title

Oh, the fight scene with Sophia was actually alright. I thought it would be hard to make a decent fight and end the story in just one episode, but I guess it wasn't that long a fight in the first place.

Another season is a bit unexpected. I guess I'm going to have to prepare to argue with Hibiki haters that will appear
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-24, 09:38   Link #90
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I do hope that Mio can somehow pull off something like that if only to cement her place some more. It does feel like the story is building to something for her though. She's had a lot of introspective moments and certainly wants to do something to support Makoto...amongst other things
Reading the manga, Mio does achieve something miraculous after great effort on her part. Anything more would be a spoiler.
Old 2021-09-24, 09:44   Link #91
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojay View Post
Reading the manga, Mio does achieve something miraculous after great effort on her part. Anything more would be a spoiler.
The thing is if the 2nd season would cover this? I don't know where the manga is compared to the LN volume-wise.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-24, 10:55   Link #92
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
The thing is if the 2nd season would cover this? I don't know where the manga is compared to the LN volume-wise.
From what I've read, it seems like they skipped ahead by a lot to reach this point in the anime.
Old 2021-09-24, 16:32   Link #93
Tenzen12

Quote:
Well, that's not technicaly wrong, still...
Old 2021-09-24, 16:52   Link #94
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
From what I've read, it seems like they skipped ahead by a lot to reach this point in the anime.
There's an entire parallel sub-plot involving other characters that got missed out this season for pacing issues, however the last couple of episodes started to introduce them to us. I'm guessing but it's likely that at least some of the next season will be introductory flashback episodes to get us up to speed with those tedious schmucks.

Worst case it turns out like "I'm A Spider, So What" with a lot of not-very-interesting characters doing not-very-interesting things and using up screen time better spent on Makoto, Emma, Mio and the rest of the gang.
Old 2021-09-24, 19:41   Link #95
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
There's an entire parallel sub-plot involving other characters that got missed out this season for pacing issues, however the last couple of episodes started to introduce them to us. I'm guessing but it's likely that at least some of the next season will be introductory flashback episodes to get us up to speed with those tedious schmucks.
Oh.. really? So, they've trimmed out parts that are not focused on the 3, i.e. Makoto, Tomoe and Mio. That means I should give the LN/manga a try from the start to see what they have cut-out. Thanks!
Old 2021-09-25, 04:36   Link #96
scififan

It occured to me that the story never mention the name of the goddess. We learned that the Japanese moon god who transported Makoto to the other world is called Tuskiyomi. The goddess is also associated with the moon. Could she be Diana, the virgin goddess of the moon? She doesn't care if Makoto has grudge about her. It is the second time she throws Makoto to places. She is building up Makoto's hatred toward her. It makes her a perfect candidate as a last boos or a secret boss. Makoto is still not strong enough to fight her. Still, Makoto is so strong, so he has to face the dragon slayer and the great mage. They are ganging on him without mercy, which is a wise choice, considering Makoto's power. It is the first of Makoto's fight that has no winner.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-25, 04:56   Link #97
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
It occured to me that the story never mention the name of the goddess. We learned that the Japanese moon god who transported Makoto to the other world is called Tuskiyomi. The goddess is also associated with the moon. Could she be Diana, the virgin goddess of the moon?
Don't worry much, as the Author didn't yet reveal her real name or identity in the Novel as well (500+ WN Chapters, 17+ LN Volumes & 67+ Manga Chapters until now).

Old 2021-09-27, 05:53   Link #98
kato

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
Oh.. really? So, they've trimmed out parts that are not focused on the 3, i.e. Makoto, Tomoe and Mio. That means I should give the LN/manga a try from the start to see what they have cut-out. Thanks!
Compared to the manga they skipped out on a number of longer plot elements (several chapters) for"dark" content throughout the series, to a longer extent in particular with Rembrandt and with the Forest Ogres, but also quite a number of scenes around that focusing on other characters.

Later explicit references to what these scenes would cover were often removed or obfuscated, so i doubt we'll really see these in any animated form even in second-season "flashbacks".

There was a longer part trimmed before the final fight (the entire ramp up to that "found you!" bit) which instead of being cut got those fast-forwarding flashes.

Not entirely sure how far ahead the LN is, but the manga is only one mini-arc ahead of where the anime ended.
kato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-27, 06:12   Link #99
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato View Post
Compared to the manga they skipped out on a number of longer plot elements (several chapters) for"dark" content throughout the series, to a longer extent in particular with Rembrandt and with the Forest Ogres, but also quite a number of scenes around that focusing on other characters.

Later explicit references to what these scenes would cover were often removed or obfuscated, so i doubt we'll really see these in any animated form even in second-season "flashbacks".

There was a longer part trimmed before the final fight (the entire ramp up to that "found you!" bit) which instead of being cut got those fast-forwarding flashes.

Not entirely sure how far ahead the LN is, but the manga is only one mini-arc ahead of where the anime ended.
Rembrandt's part would probably stay skipped.
As for the other's its possible to be covered during the start of Season 2.

Old 2021-10-01, 07:11   Link #100
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato View Post

There was a longer part trimmed before the final fight (the entire ramp up to that "found you!" bit) which instead of being cut got those fast-forwarding flashes.[/quote

I've managed to read the Web Novel and also the manga. The anime adaptation definitely was done to reach a certain stopping point with some world building and quite a bit of supporting stories cut-out to get there. Understandable that the Rembrandt past was snipped out since it does not seem to add much to the overall story.

However, there's quite a bit of Makoto's background in our world that was snipped out. Same with the other 2 heroes/disciples. Part of which links back to Makoto's past. Since there's going to be a 2nd season to bring in the 2 heroes into the mix, some of the snipped off parts in season 1 should be adapted in 2nd season.

p.s. I find the manga adaptation has a better flow than the original Web Novel.