AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-02-17, 21:36   Link #81
Pesti13nce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Expect she's pinning everything on Nishimiya saying it's all her fault...
Well... i did say "kinda"... and the only reason she is doing THAT is because she still wants ishida's nuts, and is a bit delusional. Uneo is obviously pissed at nish cause if nish wasn't in the picture than her and Ishida could (would?) have a wonderfully fucked up relationship.
Pesti13nce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 15:51   Link #82
yellowscarves

Chapter 26 is officially out.

Ueno intentions seemed more sincere than the spoilers made them it out to be.

Last edited by yellowscarves; 2014-02-19 at 16:21.
yellowscarves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 15:54   Link #83
ices
Working Hard

And... that's another cliffhanger... I hope it'll turn out okay at the end.
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 16:43   Link #84
Pesti13nce

This series seems to operate VERY well on cliffhangers... thankfully it's not a month to month series that would be excruciating.
Old 2014-02-19, 17:17   Link #85
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

That was smart of the little sister, I'm betting she gave Nishimiya her camera while it's secretly recording so she can know what happens in the farris wheel. It makes sense, Yuzuru has been "protecting" her sister for a long time, no way would she trust Ueno to be alone with her.

Anyway, here's how I see it:

I read in few places by a few people that Ishida is FORCING people to be friends with Nishimiya. This is, however, quite incorrect as all Ishida has done was nothing more than allowing Nishimiya to meet Sahara, whether or not they would become friends was not his doing. Ishida is doing what he can to make up for Nishimiya, however he is in no way forcing anyone to be friends with her.

Now, Ueno did in a way try to do something similar by having Ishida meet up with Shimada, however there's a big difference. Sahara was not a bully back in elementary school, she in no way tried to bully Nishimiya and was actually one of the few that tried to help her and got bullied for it. Shimada on the other hand was a bully toward both Ishida and Nishimiya for years. Who knows, he might have been reformed (doubtful) but still it makes sense that Ishida would not want to be friends with him again.

Then there's Ueno just...insane logic. Back when they were elementary kids she liked him because he was a confident bully and the moment he became the target of bullying she seemed to have no problem bullying him as well. She blames Nishimiya because...if she weren't there then he'd still be a bully and the kind of guy she likes. It makes sense right? I mean, it's all Nishimiya's fault for being deaf in a school ill equipped to handle a student with such disabilities and it's all Nishimiya's fault for moving away, making Ishida the sole target of bullying which in turn screwed up his life.
She is incapable of recognizing that the only ones at fault for how Ishida is are her and the rest of the people that bullied him in the first place.

Granted, Ishida was a bully himself but he, unlike these other assholes, regrets what he had done to Nishimiya. Yes, it took Ishida being bullied to recognize the error of his ways but they are older now...this kind of logic Ueno is bringing is completely ridiculous. She wants Ishida to go back to the way he was, she doesn't seem to understand why he's so freaking broken and why he isn't friends with Shimada and Hirose...but this is just self-centered and ignorant on her part.

The way Ueno is, she doesn't deserve to be even friends with Ishida, the other guy Shimada doesn't deserve it either as of this chapter, he seemed to not care at all about Ishida so it's safe to assume he doesn't regret what he had done at all.

Until they show any actual and genuine remorse:
Shimada/Hirose- Can go screw themselves;
Kawai- Can go screw herself with her perfect good girl facade;
Ueno- Can go screw herself twice with her selfish and self-centered attitude;
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 17:53   Link #86
Pesti13nce

It's a tough look, but a good one you got going. Still I think what he is doing is a little selfish, it's already obvious that nish does not care about the past the two shared.. she wants to look FORWARD.. yet ish is bringing back all of these people AND the past.. you have to move forward to be a normal functioning human.. you can not remain in the past it's just no good and VERY damaging. I know this series is mainly about ishda moving forward and coming to terms with his past actions but damnit...boy..MOVE FORWARD..

He needs to come in better terms with himself, stop trying to shove these people down nish's throat to make HIMSELF feel better for what HE DID. Now granted this is a very cynical look, cause i do like what he's doing but he needs to know that enough is enough.. she wants to move forward WITH HIM, not the people that used to bully the two of them. It's not to hard to start over and move forward man, granted love is the LAST thing on his mind since he just can't FATHOM that a girl like nish would be interested in a (reformed) shit bag like him, but i'm sure it will turn about full circle over the course of this series, honestly i can't see this being a super long manga, maybe another 10-20 chapters (weekly) to go.

I'm off to work i'm sure i'll have more to add (based on replies) when i get a better change to think on it when i'm pretending to be working..
Old 2014-02-19, 18:25   Link #87
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesti13nce View Post
It's a tough look, but a good one you got going. Still I think what he is doing is a little selfish, it's already obvious that nish does not care about the past the two shared.. she wants to look FORWARD.. yet ish is bringing back all of these people AND the past.. you have to move forward to be a normal functioning human.. you can not remain in the past it's just no good and VERY damaging. I know this series is mainly about ishda moving forward and coming to terms with his past actions but damnit...boy..MOVE FORWARD..

He needs to come in better terms with himself, stop trying to shove these people down nish's throat to make HIMSELF feel better for what HE DID. Now granted this is a very cynical look, cause i do like what he's doing but he needs to know that enough is enough.. she wants to move forward WITH HIM, not the people that used to bully the two of them. It's not to hard to start over and move forward man, granted love is the LAST thing on his mind since he just can't FATHOM that a girl like nish would be interested in a (reformed) shit bag like him, but i'm sure it will turn about full circle over the course of this series, honestly i can't see this being a super long manga, maybe another 10-20 chapters (weekly) to go.

I'm off to work i'm sure i'll have more to add (based on replies) when i get a better change to think on it when i'm pretending to be working..
What do you meant "shove others down her throat"?
- Nishimiya WANTED to meet Sahara and he proceeded to bring her and Sahara together;
- Ishida then asked if there was anyone from elementary school she'd want to meet again and she turned the question back at him...he said no;
- Ishida then met Ueno by chance and thought that she could have reformed herself, meaning she could possibly want to meet Nishimiya like he did;
- Ishida found out she's still a bitch and dropped that idea.

Tell me where has Ishida "shoved people down her throat", there has been no instance of that at all since the timeskip.
Old 2014-02-19, 18:46   Link #88
Pesti13nce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
What do you meant "shove others down her throat"?
- Nishimiya WANTED to meet Sahara and he proceeded to bring her and Sahara together;
- Ishida then asked if there was anyone from elementary school she'd want to meet again and she turned the question back at him...he said no;
- Ishida then met Ueno by chance and thought that she could have reformed herself, meaning she could possibly want to meet Nishimiya like he did;
- Ishida found out she's still a bitch and dropped that idea.

Tell me where has Ishida "shoved people down her throat", there has been no instance of that at all since the timeskip.
That was probably not the right term. But I still think nish only wanted to have him get her these people so she could get close to him and kinda have an excuse to see him more since hes hung up on making amends.
Old 2014-02-19, 18:52   Link #89
yellowscarves

The previous spoilers made it seem like the Ishida-Shimada setup was Ueno demonstrating why it wasn't a good idea to force people to be friends. Not only is Ishida not doing that, it doesn't even seem like Ueno is trying to teach Ishida a lesson. Throughout Ch. 26, it seemed like she was trying to get on Ishida's good side by doing things she thought Ishida would like. She sees Ishida as someone who has strayed from his old group and is lost, rather than someone who has legitimately reformed.
Old 2014-02-19, 18:59   Link #90
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Yeah, it seems like a case of conflicting perspectives. For Ueno, rather than shoulder the blame for bullying that led to Shouya being ostracized, she intead blames Nishimiya for "messing up a good thing" in the first place.

Shouya, of course, rightfully sees that they've done a TERRIBLE thing, and is still bitter about how everyone else is brushing things off as it was nothing.

That said, I'm not sure what to think about her... flippant telling of how she and Sahara became friends in high school. Gosh, sure feels like a case of "I knew her, so I'll hang out with her" to me. "Then I realized that (Sahara) was still naive simpleton..." Really Ueno?

EDIT: Incidentally, doesn't this put Sahara in a weird position -- she knows the truth from Shouya, but has apparently been acquaintances with high-school Ueno for a while.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2014-02-19 at 19:38.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 19:54   Link #91
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesti13nce View Post
That was probably not the right term. But I still think nish only wanted to have him get her these people so she could get close to him and kinda have an excuse to see him more since hes hung up on making amends.
Even if that were true, it still means that Ishida is doing nothing more than what she has asked.

Honestly I can't seem to remember anything Ishida has done ever since the timeskip that can be considered wrong aside from his incredibly abnormal self-loathing. That, to me, is really the only thing bad about his character right now, it's fine that he wants to make amends and self-loathing is fine to some extent but he just takes it to an incredibly unhealthy extreme.
Not only is his extreme self-loathing just plain not good for him, it opens the door for even worst things. Ishida is quite fragile right now because of it and it's much easier to break him now. Were it not for Nishimiya accepting him so easily and Nagatsuka (yea, the little guy is an incredible help to his psyche) becoming friends with him, he'd be far worse (it's likely that if she were to reject him, he'd have gone along with his suicide plans).
And it is thanks to his already fragile mind that bringing up higher and higher, making him believe that everything is fine, that he can have friends and have fun...that when he comes crashing down it'll likely end up being far worse than before.

This is why Ueno is a cancer, she's exactly everything he doesn't need in his life with a selfish and self-centered views. Unless she reforms, things can't ever end well with her around Ishida and Nishimiya.
Old 2014-02-19, 20:19   Link #92
Pesti13nce

I'm not going to quote for space but yeah. . I agree, bitch needs to go. . I sure this series all end good and Im am curious how I just really dont want to see him total mind break doing so.
Old 2014-02-19, 21:34   Link #93
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post

EDIT: Incidentally, doesn't this put Sahara in a weird position -- she knows the truth from Shouya, but has apparently been acquaintances with high-school Ueno for a while.
She is on the middle ground. Same with Kawai except she ignores everything but winning Mashiba's D.
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 22:09   Link #94
ices
Working Hard

Have this been posted before?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-20, 14:00   Link #95
yellowscarves

Seen the PV a few times, and loved the background music. It makes me think of how lovely a Koe no Katachi anime adaptation would be.
Old 2014-02-20, 18:07   Link #96
Pesti13nce

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowscarves View Post
Seen the PV a few times, and loved the background music. It makes me think of how lovely a Koe no Katachi anime adaptation would be.
honestly.. i don't think i'd watch it.. especially after the manga.. plus if the first EP or two is about the abuse alone.. yea.. i don't think it would get a lot people to see it thru;.
Old 2014-02-21, 09:30   Link #97
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

Anime will be inevitable considering those massive manga sales but it is probably too early. Maybe after a year.

I can't think of any seiyuu that can portray mutespeak perfectly because it might become disrespectful to mute/deaf people if not done right.

And those sign language translations and hand gestures will be a challenge to animate.

It also must execute the bullying arcs perfectly too immerse the fans deep into the show like we have become when we read the manga on its first chapters

Finally we have to find the right director, cast, staff and studio that can handle the amount of criticisms, death threats and other pretty nasty stuff while the show is airing.
Old 2014-02-22, 08:49   Link #98
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

Spoiler for chapter 27:
Old 2014-02-22, 10:07   Link #99
bastek66

Spoiler for Chapter 27 transcription:
Old 2014-02-22, 12:40   Link #100
Heat066

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 27 transcription:
Wow just wow, that's just so...I have no words, that Ueno is pure trash she doesn't deserve Ishida in any way.
Heat066 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance