AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator 2 - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 11 18.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 35.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 30.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 10.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-22, 14:40   Link #81
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Probably near Moscow, since building resemble the building in Moscow. They are fighting Dorssian's Valvraves next episode, I say it about time for Saki to see Cain (As a atheist, I don't pray, but just this once please don't let anything bad happen to Saki!).
It's actually St. Petersburg - you can see Church of the Savior on Blood in the back and Griboyedov Canal in front of the frame:

Spoiler for Anime vs Real place:

PS: oops, I guess sometimes I need to dig deeper into the thread before posting

Last edited by konart; 2013-10-22 at 14:54.
Old 2013-10-22, 15:13   Link #82
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
I wonder if Thunder is smarter than he's shown so far? Considering he got into Sakamori as well.
I think Thunder is definately one of those one where the school pulled strings since he was a good canidate for the VVV program. I mean if the best high school in the country suddenly called you up and said they would take you, everything paid for, no questions asked, I doubt you would look a gift horse in the mouth.

Also since Sakamori is a new school, they could have easily hid their choice of picks for the program by saying that they would be part of some study or something on the school's effectiveness and that the student could be the able to go to the school simply to help them with the study.

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
It's actually St. Petersburg - you can see Church of the Savior on Blood in the back and Griboyedov Canal in front of the frame:

Spoiler for Anime vs Real place:

PS: oops, I guess sometimes I need to dig deeper into the thread before posting
Yeah, I was going to say that I doubted the crew landed in St. Petersburg. They obviously landed in some frozen mountainous wasteland. Though does anyone know where Dorssia's capital is? I'm assuming that's where Lieselotte is. If we can find where she is, the crash-landing crew can't be far off, since she was able to see their burning descent from her window.
Now that I think about it, if she's living in European Dorssia, then I would say they crash landed somewhere near Scandinavia. It would have to be somewhere where no one lives, but close enough to the main Dorssia cities that Lieselotte could see them.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2013-10-23 at 10:11.
Old 2013-10-23, 02:02   Link #83
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Yeah, I was going to say that I doubted the crew landed in St. Petersburg. They obviously landed in some frozen mountainous wasteland. Though does anyone know where Dorssia's capital is? I'm assuming that's where Lieselotte is. If we can find where she is, the crash-landing crew can't be far off, since she was able to see their buring descent from her window.
Now that I think about it, if she's living in European Dorssia, then I would say they crash landed somewhere need Scandinavia. It would have to be somewhere where no one lives, but close enough to the main Dorssia cities that Lieselotte could see them.
I'd go for Baikal - similar landscape, endless water surface, close to JIOR border. The fifth biggest siberian city Irkutsk is nearby.
Old 2013-10-23, 10:20   Link #84
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
I'd go for Baikal - similar landscape, endless water surface, close to JIOR border. The fifth biggest siberian city Irkutsk is nearby.
I thought Siberia too at first, but I'd doubt that Dorssia's seat of power is way over there. As you saw with St. Petersberg, they seem to be situated around there, Moscow, and near Germany. But perhaps then again, Lieselotte was able to see it the land in Siberia from way over in the more populated parts of Dorssia.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-23, 12:34   Link #85
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I'm guessing in their alternate timeline hitler won WWII, successfully invaded ALL of russia and established the new capital in that general area.

that is, of course, if we have proof that the princess is in the dorssian capital, I always thought she was a captive of some sort and is actually in a kind of out of the way palace/prison.
Old 2013-10-23, 13:43   Link #86
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
I'm guessing in their alternate timeline hitler won WWII, successfully invaded ALL of russia and established the new capital in that general area.

that is, of course, if we have proof that the princess is in the dorssian capital, I always thought she was a captive of some sort and is actually in a kind of out of the way palace/prison.
Well, unlike Code Geass, I don't think this is an alternate timeline. If that was the case Dorssia would be entirely based on Germany and not a combination of Germany, Russia, and Prussia. Also Dorssia would include Italy and Japan, instead of one being with Jior and the other with the Arus.

As for Lieselotte, she's a political prisoner for a reason. She has use as a political figure. The people care for her. If they could just hide her away in some Siberian outpost, they might as well just kill her. Her only use is as long as she can be seen by the people as a symbol and figurehead. If she's not there and nobody cares that they can't see her, she has no other usefulness. Also, if she's so beloved, the common thought must be presented that she's NOT a prisoner. By all appearances, she has to seem like she still has her position of nobility. So it would make since that she lived in the palace in the capital, or at least wherever the royal family's ancestral home is, which I doubt is in Siberia.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-23, 14:06   Link #87
konart

Quote:

I find the thought that Hitler could have moved the capital from "Aryan race" "old capital" to Moscow or Petersburg ludicrous

Also, the full name of the Dorssia is "Dorssia Military Pact Federation", which may be a reference to Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact and so USSR and Germany didn't even had a war, but instead created one of the world super powers.
Old 2013-10-24, 07:40   Link #88
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post

As for Lieselotte, she's a political prisoner for a reason.
The King was deposed by a coup during a revolution called Bloody Thursday.

So it is a parallel with the rise of the Nazi's in Germany and the Russian revolution.

Thus Dorssia is Deutsche plus Russia even on the map.

She is the princess and is probably one of the reasons why the King's faction cant act against the present regime.

The present regime though is under new management.
Old 2013-10-24, 10:22   Link #89
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post

So it is a parallel with the rise of the Nazi's in Germany and the Russian revolution.

She is the princess and is probably one of the reasons why the King's faction cant act against the present regime.

That doesn't change the fact that she is still a figurehead and still a pawn, which is the reason she stays a political prisoner and not dead. I was say that they would be the reason she stays either in the capital or in her family home, but I doubt they would ship her off to Siberia somewhere where people can't see her.

And until they really explain these coups, one happening before her birth and the other a few years after, we're kind of in the dark as to what happened.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-26, 09:50   Link #90
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Well, unlike Code Geass, I don't think this is an alternate timeline. If that was the case Dorssia would be entirely based on Germany and not a combination of Germany, Russia, and Prussia. Also Dorssia would include Italy and Japan, instead of one being with Jior and the other with the Arus.
Quote:
I find the thought that Hitler could have moved the capital from "Aryan race" "old capital" to Moscow or Petersburg ludicrous
An alternative timeline doesn't have to make sense
Old 2013-10-27, 19:32   Link #91
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:

Perhaps this is in an alternate timeline where WWII-era Germany and Russia never went to war with each other, but rather forged a tighter alliance (it's worth noting that Germany and Russia were military allies for a time under Hitler and Stalin). Their alliance, and shared domination over the rest of Eastern Europe, eventually gave rise to "Dorssia", incorporating some of the culture and style of both major powers. The name "Dorssia" perhaps comes from combining "Deutschland" and "Russia"

The Allies were able to keep "Dorssia" at bay, and turn back the Japanese, but were certainly not up to the task of completely defeating the united Dorssian power. WWII ends with a peace agreement between The Allies and "Dorssia", rather than with a clear-cut "winner". Japan is left on its own.

ARUS is NATO, made larger and more united due to how Dorssia was a bigger threat than either Nazi Germany or Soviet Russia alone. With two thirds of the world's peoples in one massive conglomeration or another, the Asian people decided it would be in their interests to form their own massive conglomeration - JIOR. And so we get three Super-States, somewhat similar to what you see in Orwell's 1984.

This alternate history seems somewhat feasible to me, but it's admittedly pure speculation on my part.
Old 2013-10-27, 21:09   Link #92
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

^Yet even with China(most populated country and second place with the most military spending and economy), a united Korea(the economic powerhouse that is South Korea combined with the military of North Korea is said to be a force to reckon with), India(second most populated country and a pretty decent military I guess?) and Japan(the technology!!!!!) still decided to be a non-military and non-economic powerhouse but a neutral country is just incomprehensible...
Old 2013-10-27, 21:21   Link #93
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
^Yet even with China(most populated country and second place with the most military spending and economy), a united Korea(the economic powerhouse that is South Korea combined with the military of North Korea is said to be a force to reckon with), India(second most populated country and a pretty decent military I guess?) and Japan(the technology!!!!!) still decided to be a non-military and non-economic powerhouse but a neutral country is just incomprehensible...
Yeah, the whole bit about JIOR being this poor, neutral Orb-esque underdog is a lot to swallow.
Old 2013-10-27, 21:57   Link #94
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Perhaps this is in an alternate timeline where WWII-era Germany and Russia never went to war with each other, but rather forged a tighter alliance (it's worth noting that Germany and Russia were military allies for a time under Hitler and Stalin). Their alliance, and shared domination over the rest of Eastern Europe, eventually gave rise to "Dorssia", incorporating some of the culture and style of both major powers. The name "Dorssia" perhaps comes from combining "Deutschland" and "Russia"

The Allies were able to keep "Dorssia" at bay, and turn back the Japanese, but were certainly not up to the task of completely defeating the united Dorssian power. WWII ends with a peace agreement between The Allies and "Dorssia", rather than with a clear-cut "winner". Japan is left on its own.

ARUS is NATO, made larger and more united due to how Dorssia was a bigger threat than either Nazi Germany or Soviet Russia alone. With two thirds of the world's peoples in one massive conglomeration or another, the Asian people decided it would be in their interests to form their own massive conglomeration - JIOR. And so we get three Super-States, somewhat similar to what you see in Orwell's 1984.

This alternate history seems somewhat feasible to me, but it's admittedly pure speculation on my part.
I had thought about this possibility, however, the whole JIOR angle still doesn't make sense as others have already talked about, since there is no way China, Australia, India, a united Korea, and about a third of Africa would not only all work together, but all be a pacifist, non-confrontational, nation, that happens to also have the weakest most lax military of the three groups.

Unlike Geass, where they actually do tell you that it's an alternate timeline where a change in England's history, caused King George III to have ruled at a different time, which caused the American Revolution to never happen, and therefore America never existed and Britain's Empire became Britannia, they have never really mentioned anything in passing that could point to there being a link to our own timeline.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-27, 22:19   Link #95
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post

We don't know which king. After the first Great War, Kaiser was gone and Tasar's family were slaughtered. There's no king after that unvierse, if some people want to use the real world reference.

The show, however, may use the reference from George Orwell 1984. According to Orwell, the third power is formed during 1960. They countries of this small power do not have the equivlaent technology and resources. According to Orwell, they maintain their independence by heroic/suicidal sacrifice in the front. Orwell doesn't suggest this alliance has no dominating country. In Velvrave, they may suggest a certain Asian country won the war and changed their country from kingdom to the Republic. It maybe just a false speculation.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Closed Thread