4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-02-05, 13:30   Link #81
kobun

With X mao destroyed, and wing about to be destroyed it seems like a setup for
double x, and wing zero, and freedom, with the probable defeat of strike in the end.
kobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 13:41   Link #82
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobun View Post
With X mao destroyed, and wing about to be destroyed it seems like a setup for
double x, and wing zero, and freedom, with the probable defeat of strike in the end.
Felini definitely wouldn't change his gunpla after what they've been through together.

And beside, isn't the finals a single-elimination tournament? Unless there's some more story after the world tournament, I don't think the show will feature any new kit upgrade beyond modifying the gunpla themselves.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 13:48   Link #83
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

You people sure are bent on hoping for such upgrades. The rules of typical Gundam shows don't really apply to this one.
Old 2014-02-05, 14:14   Link #84
Raso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
You people sure are bent on hoping for such upgrades. The rules of typical Gundam shows don't really apply to this one.
If there is an S2 the characters will get new suits for Bandai to market, it's not likely to be in this season though.

The source of their new suits will probably be switched up though.
Raso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 14:17   Link #85
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

And as far as mid-season upgrades go, wasn't that what the Star Build Strike Gundam was for?
Old 2014-02-05, 19:13   Link #86
abc0716

The part where they (Mao & his master/mentor) talked about their favorite Gundam girls really makes my day.

About the coming 1/4 finals, the only thing I can sure that is KyousukeFellini will be badly kickedbeaten by AyaseAila.
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 09:42   Link #87
Juke16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
And as far as mid-season upgrades go, wasn't that what the Star Build Strike Gundam was for?
Technically it's only the completed version of Build Strike, no?
Juke16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 09:57   Link #88
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juke16 View Post
Technically it's only the completed version of Build Strike, no?
I don't think so, Build Strike is the incomplete one (like Yuuki himself said). The complete form is Build Strike Full Package. Star Build Strike is the upgrade that fully exploit Plasvky Particles after BSFP was wrecked. Just like Kampfer Amazing is an upgrade to Zaku Amazing.
Old 2014-02-06, 12:32   Link #89
monster

There are two types of upgrade.

Gundam to G-Armor and Gundam Mk. II to Super Gundam is one type.
Gundam Mk. II to Zeta and Zeta to ZZ is another type.

Build Strike to Build Strike Full Package is of the first type.
Zaku Amazing to Kampfer Amazing is of the second type.

Build Strike Full Package to Star Build Strike is also closer to the first type as the old unit was modified (although more heavily than the examples above) to make the new unit rather than a different unit was made altogether.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 12:48   Link #90
wredsa

My fav girl is Cagalli Yula Atha.
wredsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 12:24   Link #91
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

GBF never fails to deliver with the mech fights.

First we had that spectacular brawl way back in episode 6 with the Build Strike Full Package & Zaku Amazing. Then we got Star Build Strike fisting it out with the Wing Fenice. Now we got another memorable brawl with the Star Build Strike & the Gundam X Mao.

I'm late with my opinion this time. (School's got me busy)

Well, the episode not only delivered in the action department, but it was also appealing in the character department.

We had Mao slaving over how to defeat the SBS. Which gave birth to doubt in his heart. That all climaxed with him returning to his dojo to find the answer he seeked. We then had flashbacks of his past, showing that he always had a knack for gunpla & it manifested in him wanting to achieve far more than he already had.

He then witnessed his future master battle & was taken aback by his skill & power. This led to him seeking out the lod man & proceeding to learn the teachings of the school.

After the flashbacks (back in the present), he pleaded with his master to teach him his "trick"(There isn't really any trick, you just need to have fun doing it) for being so skilled in gunpla battle. To which he was taken outside to spar with him. After quite a flogging, he then passed out only to wake up the next morning. Upon realizing the lesson that his master taught to him. (You don't need a reason to like something. You like it because you like it.)

He then returns to the arena with all his doubts erased & proceeds to battle Reiji & Sei. The battle ends in his loss & depresses him, but after crying it out & having another small chat with his master, he strengthens his resolve & is more than ever determined to become the best gunpla builder in the world. The character development in this episode was just wow. The pacing of the first half of the episode was slow, but at least the second half made up for it.

We also saw the return of the girl from the Inn (forgot her name), coming to support Mao in the tournament. That was nice.

Overall, I was very satisfied with this episode. There weren't any faults I could find. Even if there were any, I was just so captivated that I subconsciously ignored it. This one gets a perfect score.

---------------------------
Btw, Nils also got some very subtle character development in this episode. Witnessing the clash between the SBS & X Mao, he commented that it was "awesome", something that he'd never have said when he was initially introduced. He's another character in for some major character development.
-------------------------
Also, my fave female Gundam character is probably Feldt Grace.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2014-02-08 at 12:50.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote