AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-06-22, 07:49   Link #81
tsunade666

^who is the red haired dude in the top left corner?
Old 2014-06-22, 09:59   Link #82
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
^who is the red haired dude in the top left corner?
Minazuki Sho, new character for Ultimax...
high possibility that he's the last boss, but well...the game isn't out yet even in Japan...so your guess is as good as mine
Old 2014-06-23, 20:37   Link #83
JiCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
Minazuki Sho, new character for Ultimax...
high possibility that he's the last boss, but well...the game isn't out yet even in Japan...so your guess is as good as mine
You have the name right... but like everyone else, his role is still a mystery.
Old 2014-06-25, 23:19   Link #84
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Licensed by Aniplex USA, to stream on multiple services.
Old 2014-06-26, 02:51   Link #85
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
I knew Aniplex would get it. I mean, they picked up the Persona 3 movies for import release. I hope that in the event that they dub this, they retain all the original cast (moreso than the first anime did even). Though it might be hard to get Eden Riegel back for Marie, she really only does anime dubs if a friend or her brother is involved in the production side of things. Yes, her brother is the current English voice of Teddie, but that's probably not enough to be considered "involved in the production side of things".
Old 2014-06-26, 13:10   Link #86
Frontier

Well Troy Baker should be perfectly free to do Kanji entirely now in the event the new anime gets a dub, whether it ends up as a one-cour or two-cour. And even though I've heard he's been cutting back on his anime dubbing recently, I can see him making an exception to play Kanji again .

I didn't know that about Eden Riegel. It would be quite disappointing if she wasn't the voice for Marie in a possible dub of the anime .

Though that said... Danielle Judovits would probably be a good stand-in, I feel, if only because I genuinely thought she was actually Marie for the longest time .
Old 2014-06-29, 05:04   Link #87
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

13 episodes announced according to Blu-Ray discs
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2014-06-29, 05:18   Link #88
tsunade666

eh 13 episodes? how will they do this skip what's already animated?
Old 2014-06-29, 11:36   Link #89
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Huh, so it seems likely that they're going to breeze through the gathering of the Investigation Team and potentially some of the bosses in favor of just adapting the original elements of Golden. So in that regard, I guess this whole anime is pretty much a side-story/update of the original rather than a full-on remake .

I can see the series mainly focusing on developing the Aeon and Jester Social Links, with the bits of the main story sprinkled throughout, as well any of the other original events from Golden. I really, really want to see how the anime handles Valentines Day .

About the only events from the original anime that I can see getting updated are the True Ending and some specific bosses.
Old 2014-06-29, 13:05   Link #90
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Persona 3 the movie (the first one, since I haven't watch the second one) managed to cover quite alot with its limited running-time...and it did better than Persona 4 (original) anime in term of pacing

So maybe they can do it better with lesser episodes, especially with new director at the helm
Old 2014-06-29, 17:24   Link #91
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
Persona 3 the movie (the first one, since I haven't watch the second one) managed to cover quite alot with its limited running-time...and it did better than Persona 4 (original) anime in term of pacing

So maybe they can do it better with lesser episodes, especially with new director at the helm
Personally I think Persona 3 is easier to adapt for roughly the first third or so of the story since it's actually rather light in plot during that time. Persona 4 feels like a better game to me because the story evolves and the characters get developed a lot more throughout the whole game instead of rushing everything during the second half like Persona 3 did.

To be fair that actually means that the later game ends on a MASSIVE timeskip* so there's that

Spoiler for Persona 4: The Golden:
Old 2014-06-29, 19:09   Link #92
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Hmm was hoping it'd be a full blown remake there. Though in that case probably would have needed over 30 episodes since even the first time around it was pretty rushed.

But I guess if they focus on the new material it might work out...although I do wonder how the story will feel in terms of being cohesive. Just randomly bouncing around?
Old 2014-06-29, 23:24   Link #93
Frontier

I'm satisfied enough with the original anime that I can live with it as the adaption of the main Persona 4 story, so I'm not that bothered that Golden isn't a complete remake. I'll be happy just seeing the elements from Golden animated and how they'll adapt them .
Old 2014-06-30, 02:49   Link #94
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I'm satisfied enough with the original anime that I can live with it as the adaption of the main Persona 4 story, so I'm not that bothered that Golden isn't a complete remake. I'll be happy just seeing the elements from Golden animated and how they'll adapt them .
Won't say that I'll be extremely disappointed since the original was at least solid overall. Though would have been more than happy if this was a super version. That it could have been like Golden itself, the definitive version of the P4 anime not just an addition to it.

But hey if this covers some good moments and maybe even clean up the ending for the original anime that I thought could have been better then maybe this will be fine. I'm just not sure how they'll actually handle it episode to episode.
Old 2014-06-30, 15:35   Link #95
Frontier

If you mean just the True Ending, then I certainly agree with you .

But I can at least see why a production committee might not want to spend the resources on two-cour for a full remake with Golden when they already have a relatively successful adaption with the original anime. They might view the game as more of an expansion of the original, and are treating the anime accordingly, rather than the definitive version of the game .
Old 2014-06-30, 21:23   Link #96
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
If you mean just the True Ending, then I certainly agree with you .

But I can at least see why a production committee might not want to spend the resources on two-cour for a full remake with Golden when they already have a relatively successful adaption with the original anime. They might view the game as more of an expansion of the original, and are treating the anime accordingly, rather than the definitive version of the game .
Yeah, my ending issues was basically around the True End. Seemed way too similar to an episode they already did and just wasn't that enjoyable.

I certainly can see why they'd go the route they are. I'd just prefer if they spent the resources anyways . I suppose a positive out of this would mean they could pretty quickly transition into adapting the Arena games afterwards.

All I can say is that there was no going back to the original P4 after Golden so it was pretty definitive for me .
Old 2014-06-30, 22:45   Link #97
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

they have to wait until Makoto cs. journey finished in the movie before adapting Arena/Ultimax...since it's kinda spoiler to the P3 story
Old 2014-07-10, 12:43   Link #98
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

That...that was tutorial fight?

Old 2014-07-10, 14:59   Link #99
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
HOLY SHIT!! It's the New Game+ troll main character. Not the regular one!
Old 2014-07-10, 15:24   Link #100
shadow1296

now that was a bad@$$ intro to izanagi way better than the other animation, heck it was a way better Yu

Tags
persona 4 golden anime